[CH3] Game Sanaeha (Lakorn Thai) : James Jirayu / Taew Natapohn

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I finally decided to watch Nueng Dao Fah Diew, only on episode 2. It's good so far, and James look so good like always. lol My father watched episode 2 with me and was like, "Isn't this the same guy from the lakorn you were watching earlier?" I told him "yes" and that it's the same girl too. He was like, "He looks a lot better like this (with his long hair and regular clothes) than in suits." In my head, I was like, "He looks good in everything whether he's wearing clothes or not." :naughty2:

If Kobori was the ideal man for his time, Nai is definitely the ideal man of this time. I love his unconditional love for Nok despite the harsh words she throws at him daily and games she play on him. My heart breaks for him every time. :crybaby2: I just want him to be happy. Also, the subtle confessions he kept throwing at her in today's episode was so swoon worthy. If I was Nok, I would've gave in already. lol

wuzhangs

sarNie Oldmaid
As everyone else said, very well said! I felt my heartstrings getting pulled while reading your piece. Thank you very much.

It just occurred to me, for those who watched the SJ series, Nai falls under the Chai Ruj archetype. He's practically serving everybody as @PrincessKarina said, being the nice guy that he is, because he feels inferior inside. And then the n'ek, who is this unreachable princess who is beloved to everyone, would come and make him realize his worth and cherish him more than anyone or anything.

I hope that conclusion is made in this lakorn. That part when Nok will fight for Nai in the same way that she is fighting for her parents.

The three characters, Penny, Khae and Nok are all foils for each other. All of them with parental issues, all of them "fighting" so to speak. Right now, it seems Nok is the meanest of them all (being evil to everybody) but actually she's the most virtuous.

Khae is flaky, "wanting" Nai then breaking his heart, then now making a mess out of Nok's family then "wanting" Nai back when everything has crumbled apart. At least Nok was focused and only wanted to destroy Nai to keep her world intact. KHAE IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING dammnit. And you guys are right. One word from momma and she's all over the place again. Really, she does not know what she wants. And she will not fulfill that need of Nai to be wanted and loved to the point of not letting go, because one word from mom, she'll let go. So she doesn't really want Nai. She wants to protect her self and do what is convenient.

Then we have Penny who wants everything! Well actually, not everything, but everything that Nok has. She wants to get rich, she wants Wet, she wants to be all that not for herself, but to beat Nok. The idea being Nok got her mom's love so she'll get everything back. But she's selfish too and that means she doesn't really want anything at all. Although she was making the moves on Nai, it will never work because she doesn't "want" Nai. She just wants to get even with Nok. Her motivation for doing things is wickedness.

And then there is Nok who wants to have her family together and wants Nai out. Why she wants Nai out - it's actually unclear right now (since we don't know yet if something else destroyed her love for Nai), but ostensibly, it's so she can be the only beloved child again. Her motivation is clear. She wants to be loved and insecure in that sense because she eliminates everyone who "lessens" that love from her parents. She will fight and not listen to everyone to get what she thinks she deserves (+points vs Khae) and she will only get what is hers from the begining (+points vs Penny)

She doesn't outwardly love Nai (but surely she loves him. We all know that, right?) but once she does, imagine how secure Nai would be? He will have this girl fighting for him and never ever letting him go (unlike his mom, or Khae) and do everything so he will keep loving her. Nai wants to be needed. He serves everyone because once he is of no use, he will be discarded, since his mom said he's just an outsider, he's just a burden. He needs to be needed to belong. If he cannot be "reused" or "recycled", he will just be useless trash. And who better to serve and adore than helpless madcat Nok? She will never run out of things that would need rescuing. Heck, Nai even has to rescue her from herself. But when the time comes that Nok loves him, she will need him because she loves him and not the other way around. That's the end point I want to see for Nai, just like what @SPMxoxo97 said.

Lastly, Nok isn't a mother yet, but she will be. Once she is, i hope they kind of make her realize that love isn't divided but multiplied. Her parents can love Nai but not love her any less. That's the only way she can learn to love Nai boundlessly. I imagine her thinking how can i love one without loving another less (since she's an only child, her brain works on a one is to one ratio) in the same way that she thinks her dad will love her less with Khae and Nai in the picture. But when she becomes a mother, she will realize a person is capable of having immeasurable amounts of love it can spill over and be more than enough for more people.
And you totally pluck my heartstrings with this insightful comment woww i love love how we are sharing thoughts and insights about this lakorn ^^ shows how affected we are with Game Sanaeha

I spam gif later this evening once i got back home with steady wifi ^^

Anu

sarNie Egg
As everyone else said, very well said! I felt my heartstrings getting pulled while reading your piece. Thank you very much.

It just occurred to me, for those who watched the SJ series, Nai falls under the Chai Ruj archetype. He's practically serving everybody as @PrincessKarina said, being the nice guy that he is, because he feels inferior inside. And then the n'ek, who is this unreachable princess who is beloved to everyone, would come and make him realize his worth and cherish him more than anyone or anything.

I hope that conclusion is made in this lakorn. That part when Nok will fight for Nai in the same way that she is fighting for her parents.

The three characters, Penny, Khae and Nok are all foils for each other. All of them with parental issues, all of them "fighting" so to speak. Right now, it seems Nok is the meanest of them all (being evil to everybody) but actually she's the most virtuous.

Khae is flaky, "wanting" Nai then breaking his heart, then now making a mess out of Nok's family then "wanting" Nai back when everything has crumbled apart. At least Nok was focused and only wanted to destroy Nai to keep her world intact. KHAE IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING dammnit. And you guys are right. One word from momma and she's all over the place again. Really, she does not know what she wants. And she will not fulfill that need of Nai to be wanted and loved to the point of not letting go, because one word from mom, she'll let go. So she doesn't really want Nai. She wants to protect her self and do what is convenient.

Then we have Penny who wants everything! Well actually, not everything, but everything that Nok has. She wants to get rich, she wants Wet, she wants to be all that not for herself, but to beat Nok. The idea being Nok got her mom's love so she'll get everything back. But she's selfish too and that means she doesn't really want anything at all. Although she was making the moves on Nai, it will never work because she doesn't "want" Nai. She just wants to get even with Nok. Her motivation for doing things is wickedness.

And then there is Nok who wants to have her family together and wants Nai out. Why she wants Nai out - it's actually unclear right now (since we don't know yet if something else destroyed her love for Nai), but ostensibly, it's so she can be the only beloved child again. Her motivation is clear. She wants to be loved and insecure in that sense because she eliminates everyone who "lessens" that love from her parents. She will fight and not listen to everyone to get what she thinks she deserves (+points vs Khae) and she will only get what is hers from the begining (+points vs Penny)

She doesn't outwardly love Nai (but surely she loves him. We all know that, right?) but once she does, imagine how secure Nai would be? He will have this girl fighting for him and never ever letting him go (unlike his mom, or Khae) and do everything so he will keep loving her. Nai wants to be needed. He serves everyone because once he is of no use, he will be discarded, since his mom said he's just an outsider, he's just a burden. He needs to be needed to belong. If he cannot be "reused" or "recycled", he will just be useless trash. And who better to serve and adore than helpless madcat Nok? She will never run out of things that would need rescuing. Heck, Nai even has to rescue her from herself. But when the time comes that Nok loves him, she will need him because she loves him and not the other way around. That's the end point I want to see for Nai, just like what @SPMxoxo97 said.

Lastly, Nok isn't a mother yet, but she will be. Once she is, i hope they kind of make her realize that love isn't divided but multiplied. Her parents can love Nai but not love her any less. That's the only way she can learn to love Nai boundlessly. I imagine her thinking how can i love one without loving another less (since she's an only child, her brain works on a one is to one ratio) in the same way that she thinks her dad will love her less with Khae and Nai in the picture. But when she becomes a mother, she will realize a person is capable of having immeasurable amounts of love it can spill over and be more than enough for more people.
Well said. This is actually a Really Good analysis on each character. Thanks for sharing this.

P

PrincessKarina

I have a lot of pages to catch up but dang so many characters, I feel like.

Im gonna go watch Padiwarada later since now I am a fan of both Bella and James Ji
Nice to see you again girlie. Catch up with us. :p

Reactions: Anu

sarNie Adult
I finally decided to watch Nueng Dao Fah Diew, only on episode 2. It's good so far, and James look so good like always. lol My father watched episode 2 with me and was like, "Isn't this the same guy from the lakorn you were watching earlier?" I told him "yes" and that it's the same girl too. He was like, "He looks a lot better like this (with his long hair and regular clothes) than in suits." In my head, I was like, "He looks good in everything whether he's wearing clothes or not." :naughty2:

If Kobori was the ideal man for his time, Nai is definitely the ideal man of this time. I love his unconditional love for Nok despite the harsh words she throws at him daily and games she play on him. My heart breaks for him every time. :crybaby2: I just want him to be happy. Also, the subtle confessions he kept throwing at her in today's episode was so swoon worthy. If I was Nok, I would've gave in already. lol
For some reason, although Nai is lovable, I still love Khanthong more.

@quynhnguyen Nok didn't even recognize Nai after she got back from London so she must have forced herself to forget about him or Nai changed a lot. But then when Nai pinched her cheeks, she goes "Nok don't be stubborn" - so Nai must not have been a complete pushover when they were younger.

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid

They were bubbly cute in NDFD. The plot was kind of messy/all over the place but it was still good. It’s hard to tell a historical story well but I definitely appreciate King Tak even if I’m not Thai I felt so patriotic with them. Anywho, enjoy NDFD because KT & MM relate well to Nai/Nok lol.

Everyone’s comments are such a nice read. I love the insights and perspectives. I don’t want to judge to soon on anyone character to early but the development is going well that all characters seem defined. I want to hate Khae but at the same time the poor girl is just lost. I think she may be the one who needs a self-love conversation.

sarNie Adult
I love all these discussions and character analysis. This is a good thing bc this means that the lakorn has touched us in a very special way for us to want to further dive into the characters and their conflicts.

Nok and Nai are like the ying and yen. They both balance each other out. Nok needs someone like Nai who is the calm, logical, and rational one. It was touching to see in this episode of how Nok really cared for Nae Phai. This is truly a character development that we get to see from Nok and I'm loving it. Hopefully we'll get to see this side of her come out more.

Omg and that hug scene got me all warm and fuzzy! Nai is definitely the guy material that we all want in life. The amount of patience and caringness that he has for Nok is endless no matter how ruthless and cruel she is to him. I cant wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds.
Yeah! You're right, they are yin and yang. And Nok is happy and can give happiness to the sorrowful Nai. Only Nai has to work hard first to be happy with her.

I loooooooove the hug scene too. It's the part where Nai finally lets his guard down and shows his heart and gives in to do what he wants - to keep Nok close.

sarNie Adult
I have a lot of pages to catch up but dang so many characters, I feel like.

Im gonna go watch Padiwarada later since now I am a fan of both Bella and James Ji
I highly recommend Padiwarada. It has a lot of parallels with Game Sanaeha. The brattiness of Nok here is almost the same as the brattiness of Saran. And it's going to be funny as James was the bratty one in Padiwarada and then the noble one here in Game Sanaeha.

Hornet0304

sarNie Hatchling
I’d like to know what Nok said to Wed in the restaurant when they saw each other with their respective partners? @Hornet0304
Alright, let me give a try. So this is at a restaurant where Nai took Nok for dinner. Soon after they were seated Wed and Ez Pen walked in and sit down in the other side. Nai noticed them and wanted to cancel their order and leave. Nok refused and decided to confront them. She walked over:
Nok: what do you like to have?
Wed: Nok!
Nok: the specialties here are... (she gave suggestions to five dishes, with every single one suggesting a whore). How about one for each?
Let me help you order them.
Nai tried to stop Nok: enough, Nok
Nok: no yet. For a lady like Penny, you should add ...(another dirty dish)
Penny stood up: you are determined to play against me, right?
Nok: I am doing just like you, bite my family like a dog and won’t let it go
Wed: Khun Nok, enough
Nok: alright, just an advice for p’Wed, other than the dishes I recommended, if you want to be more romantic, be sure to buy a big bundle of orchid flower, for orchid is the most beautiful parasite.
Nai: let’s leave
Pen: khun Wed, now you see how much she looked down on me! Do you understand why I hate her!
Wed chased after Nai and Nok: Nok, wait for a second! I want to talk to you,I can explain.
Nok: not now, p’Wed. There are ghosts around us (referring to Pen?), how can we unknot all this? Next time. Bye.
Later when they got home, Nai complained that they gave up good food for Raman noodles.

Last edited:

Hornet0304

sarNie Hatchling
I highly recommend Padiwarada. It has a lot of parallels with Game Sanaeha. The brattiness of Nok here is almost the same as the brattiness of Saran. And it's going to be funny as James was the bratty one in Padiwarada and then the noble one here in Game Sanaeha.
I like this one, too! Though Khun Saran can use a few slaps on his face in the earlier episodes and later ones as well. It was a beautiful story.

P

PrincessKarina

Alright, let me give a try. So this is at a restaurant where Nai took Nok for dinner. Soon after they were seated Wed and Ez Pen walked in and sit down in the other side. Nai noticed them and wanted to cancel their order and leave. Nok refused and decided to confront them. She walked over:
Nok: what do you like to have?
Wed: Nok!
Nok: the specialties here are... (she gave suggestions to five dishes, with every single one suggesting a whore). How about one for each?
Let me help you to order them.
Nai tried to stop Nok: enough, Nok
Nok: no yet. For a lady like Penny, you should add ...(another dirty dish)
Penny stood up: you are determined to play against me, right?
Nok: I am doing just like you, bite my family like a dog and won’t let it go
Wed: Khun Nok, enough
Nok: alright, just a advice for p’Wed, other than the dishes I recommended, if you want to be more romantic, be sure to buy a big bundle of orchid flower, for orchid is the most beautiful parasite.
Nai: let’s leave
Pen: khun Wed, now you see how much she looked down on me! Do you understand why I hate her!
Wed chased after Nai and Nok: Nok, wait for a second! I want to talk to you,I can explain.
Nok: not now, p’Wed. There are ghosts around us (referring to Pen?), how can we unknot all this? Next time. Bye.
Later when they got home, Nai complained that they gave up good food for Raman noodles.
Oh my goodness! That was so much details. Lol. Thanks for sharing and translating sweetheart. I really appreciate it. Now I have a better idea. This is such a treat! ;)

Hornet0304

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah! You're right, they are yin and yang. And Nok is happy and can give happiness to the sorrowful Nai. Only Nai has to work hard first to be happy with her.

I loooooooove the hug scene too. It's the part where Nai finally lets his guard down and shows his heart and gives in to do what he wants - to keep Nok close.
Well written comments! I am not sure at this point how strong Nai is internally. His feel of inferiority or his confidence that he will eventually win over Nok given he knows her inside out.