[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
@Fikachu @phatman @DaoRisa @.........

EP 4 - 46 : 34 - meeting Chi Pa Kao

In the scene, when Ajarn Chi Pa Kao asked if Kade used to meditate. That made Kade thought of her grandma and mom teaching her to do it. She couldn’t sit still so her mom encouraged her to concentrate and teach her to use this word “Poot Tow” to help. But when she said she was teasing her mom by saying Poot – Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek. Her mom hit her then.

Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek are Thai Tones.

The Thai language has five tones,
Saman......Ek..........Tow......Tree.......Jattawa.
กา .......... ก่า...........ก้า..........ก๊า............ก๋า
We call them also Saman – Mai Ek – Mai Tow – Mai Tree – Mai Jattawa.

EP 5 - 25 : 10 - Poem Scene

This scene we have talked about it on the Page 1020 - post 20399, So I won’t talk about it again here. The page 1020 is here.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/threads/ch3-bpoop-phaeh-saniwaat-broadcast-thai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-1020

EP 5 – 36: 15 - “I like that Klon” scene

We have talked about it on the page 963 Post 19243.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/threads/ch3-bpoop-phaeh-saniwaat-broadcast-thai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-963

EP 5 - 42 : 26 - Whisper near her ear scene

This scene Date said “Fun Dee” (Good dream), not “Fun Wan” (Sweet dream).
Thanks @Amata

Fikachu

Good to be back!
@Chario mintmario @Rosi @phatman

I have read the poems that you share many times compared with the Thai version. I think the person who translated and wrote these poems are very good at the Thai language, Thai poetry and the English Language. But there are some lines that I’m not certain, so I ‘ll talk about them only from my angle. For this Jaanwaad’s poem the content covers the Thai version.

Janward's poem:
The lowly moon is out-shined by the sunlight
Makes her light not bright like before
Plus the clouds obstruct her way like the wall
I, then, know my place. It's as low as the floor (ground)

Hidden Meaning : Jaanwaad was in the mood of being offended.

Seeing what happened to the Moon, Jaanwaad thought of herself. Even it was so high in the sky, the moon was not able to shine fully because of the sunlight and the clouds. Then herself just was on the ground, she should not hope or dream of anything that maybe impossible or too far for her to grab it like, to win Date’s heart or to be his spouse.

Date's poem:
Though the moon is blocked and out-shined
Flocks of birds still chirp, praise her high
So the moon does care the clouds. why?
The little star shall fly to fight along with the moon

As I told you, I think the last line of Date’s poem that you posted here is different from mine. It maybe because of my poor English, skill on Thai poetry and my imagination. I haven’t understand it all yet. So I don’t mind if there is anyone see different.

Interpretation

The Sun is going down and the Moon is obscured by the clouds.
Birds still accept the influence of the Moon. When it comes, they chirp flying back to their nests.
So why does the Moon have to care for the clouds.
Even the star does not dare to compete with the moon.

Hidden Meaning : Date wanted to comfort Jaanwaad. (Her name’s meaning is about the Moon as well.............................Jaan = The Moon, Waad = Draw

From her Klong, after seeing what happened to the Moon, Jaanwaad compared herself that she was as low as the ground. But in Date’s Klong, he compared her as the Moon. Although it was obscured by the clouds, it still had influence lives on the Earth. The moonlight didn’t grow bright to the sky because of the sunlight but its light was brighter than stars. So they were the stars had to be humble, didn’t dare to go along the moon. (Stars here, Date might mean himself or any other men.)
All in all Date would like to tell Jaanwaad that she wasn’t so low as the ground and she might not meet the right man yet) The red sentence I may interpret further than the content.

Kade’s poem (Klon)

For Kade’s Klon I have translated and talked about it already. I hope you don’t mind if I am talking about only the hidden meaning.
For the contexts of this scene between the book and the lakorn are different, so I’m starting with the context in the book first.

Hidden meaning in the book

In the book it is clear that the Moon in Kade’s klon, Kade meant Jaanwaad. After Jaaward read her Klon in the mood of being offended. Date comforted Jaanward but Kade saw that just Date’s Klong was not enough so she turned to Jaanwaad and cited this Klong. That made their relationship better. When Jaanwaad was leaving for her home. They walked to the pier together.

Hidden meaning in the lakorn

The context in the Lakorn is more complicated than the book. In the lakorn Kade was forced to do it. In order to understand Kade’s situation, I need to repeat some conversation in the scene to see that who forced her.

After Janward and Por Date wrote and read their Khlongs.

Kadesurang..........Jeeab Kan Yan Klong Klon. ( It means “to flirt with each other even from Klong Klon /poetry)

Kosa Pan..............Mae Karakade, aren’t you joining in?
Por Date...............She never does it. No one knows if she can write poetry or not. But it seems like she can’t.
Muen Rueang.......Won’t you compete? Mae Karakade
Kade.....................Compete what, Muen Rueang?
Muen Rueang.......This (look at a slate in front of him). You can write Khlong or Klon. (up to you)
Kade.....................If it is Klon Pratoo I would be able to do it. (Kade was joking) Pratoo = Door. Klon that she said she meant bolt for locking the door. This word is the same spelling and pronunciation ...................................as Klon (Poetry)

Muen Rueang.......Laugh

Ko sa Lek..............Being insulted like this, won’t you try?
Khun Lung............Called a servant to take a slate with pencil stone for Kade. That pushed her in pressure to do something.

Actually Kade had tried to tell them that she could not write any poem but people in Ayuttaya Era didn' t know. If you were a Thai living in Thailand now. When you ask anyone to write poetry and they say “If it is Klon Pratoo I would be able to do it” That means they cannot write it so you don’t have to ask them again. This sentence is not just a joke.

To be continued

Kade was forced to do it. No one knew if she thought about the Klon and who was her moon walking on the ground. But while she was reading, she often looked at Date not Jaanwaad. So let me guess. After Kade listened to both Jaanwaad and Date’s Klongs. She would like to tell both of them that why you had to care for the Moon on the sky. It was far way, too high to grab. Why don’t you find the moon walking on the ground, it was more beautiful. Though it was hard to find, it was on earth. If you tried you would find one.

So let the listeners think by themselves who was their moon walking on the ground. In this scene there would be one, his moon walking on the ground sitting in front of him.

I do hope this would make true fans of BPS enjoy this scene more.

Sorry I made some mistakes but I have corrected them.
Why is it...that eventhough I knew I read this post twice in the past, I understand it completely only now?:confused12:Lol, sorry, my brain works in mysterious ways:fighting3:I only fully understood your point about Kade's poem just now:facepalm:
@phatman Said
Tru BPS Fan Test #12!!!

Extended/Deleted Scenes:
- Extended mango nam pla wan scene. Kosa Lek suggesting poetry night. All I remember from the original is they just suddenly had a poetry night. Haha.
- Longer flirting between Reung and Kade.
- Different angle of Date staring at Kade when he was trying to listen to her song!
- Kade and Date flashing back!!! Date holding that poem!!!!!!! He is obviously charmed by the one who wrote it, in our case the one who recited it. Haha.
- Mom and grandma flashback and making merit! And then transition into Kade also making merits. Definitely better played out!!! Who else thinks that was Reung as a monk walking away!!!!
- Little snippet of Mae Jumpa's return.
- Extended fight in the kitchen!

Comments:
- Hey it was Kosa Ban who suggested Kade "play" too. Haha. We thought it was Kosa Lek trying to throw Kade under the bus.
- They creator's are cruel. How can they create such romantic atmosphere and then transition to such depression. Although I must say the transition was smooth and very well edited. I actually really like it. Btw. I cried a liter again.

I agree with you this episode is lovely especially about poetry scene. Thank you for sharing things here. I enjoy reading very much. It makes me more talkative too. I usually only read.

After reading your posts, I would like to talk to you about this episode. I used to watch this in SDJK fansub. Some parts of subtitle are omitted or incomplete and the rerun added some scenes so I think it is the time to make some subtitle (only of this episode) clearer for you, true fans.

First I have to tell you a little about Thai Poetry. Thai poetry has 5 important types, each type has subtypes.

The poetry that Janwad and Por Date wrote, called Khlong while Kade’s was Klon.

Kade’s Klon comes from a Thai literature named Kanok Nakorn written by Prince Krommamun Phitthayalongkon. It took him 7 years (between 2458 – 2465 B.E. or 1915 – 1922 A.D.) to finish this literature, so no one in Ayutthaya Era knew about it.

Khun Lung asked everyone to have dinner in his house and persuaded them to play poetry afterwards.

1. After Janward and Por Date wrote their Khlongs.

Kosa Pan - Mae Karakade, aren’t you joining in?
Por Date - She never does it. No one knows if she can write poetry or not. But it seems like she can’t.
Muen Rueang - Won’t you compete? Mae Karakade
Kade - Compete what, Muen Rueang?
Muen Rueang - This (look at a slate in front of him). You can write Khlong or Klon. (up to you)
Kade - If it is Klon Pratoo I would be able to do it. (Kade was joking)
Pratoo = Door. Klon that she said she meant bolt for locking the door.
This word is the same spelling and pronunciation as Klon (Poetry)
Muen Rueang - Laugh
………………………
Ko sa Lek Being insulted like this, won’t you try?

Khun Lung Called a servant to take a slate with pencil stone for Kade. That pushed her in pressure to do something.

2. Por Date and Kade scene outside the house

Por Date didn’t say that he liked the Klon, but didn’t like the writer (Kade).

Kate felt guilty as she didn’t write that Klon by herself and she saw Por Date laughed many times after the poetry play. She thought he laughed at her.
-------------------------
Por Date - I like that Klon.
Kade - I’m sleepy.
Por Date - Wait.
Kade - Er…The truth is…….
Por Date - I like that Klon, not because of who writing it.
Kade - Stared at him and thought if he knew she didn’t write it by herself.

Kade nearly confessed that she didn’t write that klon but Por Date interrupted and emphasized I like that Klon, not because of who writing it.
It means he just liked it and didn’t care who wrote it. (It is like - then Kade didn’t need to say anything).
He said that as if he knew Kade was confessing. That is why Kade thought in her mind if he knew she didn’t write it.

In real life Date would not be able to know Kade did it or not except she would have told him.
Maybe he was not certain and might suspect and guess from her manners and the way she stared at him.
Besides, He might not like her to confess as it would make her feel embarrassed.
Anyway his words seemed like to let her think that he knew what she was doing.
Ahhh...the no. 2 part I still don't fully understand.
You mentioned that Por Date said "I like that Klon, not because of who writing it". Your point on that sentence is that Date suspected that the poem is not originally hers and he might not have wanted her to feel embarrassed.
In my opinion, I feel that 'who writing it' here refers to Karakade. Since we know from previous episodes that Date suspects that someone else is inside Karakade, I think that here, he could mean that he likes the Klon, not because of Karakade in physical form who is writing the Klon. So it could imply here that Date felt like he is coming to like the 'whoever is in Karakade's body' (whom we all know is Kadesurang). Afterwards, he even moved closer to her, talked about the moon and wished her 'good dream'. Like does this make sense to you? It's my opinion so I was wondering if this point of view could be true too.

Magal55

sarNie Egg
Hello ladies, (sounds like all ladies here but pls correct me if I'm wrong. No offense meant at all)

I just found this discussion thread a few days ago and have been binge reading your posts! I am so glad to find a group that loves BPS and Pope and Bella as much as I do, and whom I can discuss my obssession with in English. The thread is so hilarious!

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Hello ladies, (sounds like all ladies here but pls correct me if I'm wrong. No offense meant at all)

I just found this discussion thread a few days ago and have been binge reading your posts! I am so glad to find a group that loves BPS and Pope and Bella as much as I do, and whom I can discuss my obssession with in English. The thread is so hilarious!
Hi and Welcome :).

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
When you're in Thailand, but in the wrong city..... :facepalm: lol i should've checked event dates first lol
I was worse off than you!!! I was shopping at Central World around 3pm without realising Pope would be promoting Miracle is all around at 5pm. Because of the big crowd, my BFF and I decided to get out of there!! I could almost kill myself when we went back to the Hotel that night and i saw the event on Youtube. I was soooooo close!! Only found this thread and you lovely ladies after I returned to Singapore....

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I was worse off than you!!! I was shopping at Central World around 3pm without realising Pope would be promoting Miracle is all around at 5pm. Because of the big crowd, my BFF and I decided to get out of there!! I could almost kill myself when we went back to the Hotel that night and i saw the event on Youtube. I was soooooo close!! Only found this thread and you lovely ladies after I returned to Singapore....
Wow that's really a bummero_O:sad6:I hope you get to meet him next time.I'm sure he'll have more events since he's going to be in RLM and PL.Now that you're here in the thread,you won't miss out on an event that he has:)

BTW,does anyone know if there will be someone who will record the fanmeet later?I have class during the fanmeet so I won't be able to record:crybaby2:

Last edited:

Magal55

sarNie Egg
I really can't wait for the fanmeet to air and to be translated!

I was in Bangkok in September, and somehow missed the posters in Central World about P'Pope's appearance. Saw that he was there on IG the next evening while having drinks with hubby and friend. Told my hubby, "Why am I here with you when I could be seeing P'Pope at CW????" Hahaha. My hubby is very understanding about my P'Pope obsession.

I almost bought tickets for the fan meet even though I would only understand 10% at most. And seriously considered flying up again just for that weekend but difficult to take leave as I just started a new job. REGRETTTTT

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Ooohh found this on twitter from @prathanazaap .Let's play a game shall we? Can you guess which pic is from which lakorn?
Top row, left to right: Dok Som See Thong, Karm See Than Dorn (2018), Buppae Sanniwat (2018), Por Yung Lung Mai Wang (2017)
Second row: Tawan Deard (2011), Luerd Ruk Torranong (2016)
Third row: Game Rai Game Rak (2011), Sapai Jao (2015)
Last row: Buang (2012), Khun Chai Pawornruj (2013), Samee Tee Tra (2014), Ruk Ok Rit (2014)