[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Korea is HUGE for ET. The US is still working on incorporating more Asians into our industry; it can be difficult because they're a minority, and if they're on a TV show playing in a family, then the parents and their siblings have to be Asian too... it's different from how we're used to doing things, which is why we're trying to change.
It’s thanks to movies like Crazy Rich Asians and the young generation who are really pushing for more Asian representation in the US. Honestly, the Chinese market is where all the money is now. Even Korea is going to China for business and if you pay attention to American film credits a lot of production companies that back up huge American films are Chinese. Even some American films have to fix their films to fit Chinese criteria.

Ever since I discovered Thai films/lakorns I know there are many mixed celebrities, more compared to any other Asian country, nothing against this but some will think otherwise. Some may think Thai celebrities don’t represent the real Thai because they are mix.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
It’s difficult to say we will see a full Thai because Thailand is home to the second largest Chinese community in the world. So I believe a lot of Thais have some Chinese DNA. Thailand has a rich culture though, what makes it unique is that no matter if your half European, African, another type of Asian, Thai culture plays a huge part of your identity so you become Thai. The traditions, religion and values makes you full Thai. That’s my opinion. Lol

lamchieu

sarNie Adult
Hmm...what do you mean? I think full-blooded Thai's are beautiful in their own way. Being black or dark does not make you unattractive. Haha.

Same as being naturally pale. It doesn't make you any prettier or less prettier.
Yeah, don't understand why Asian so obsessed with white skin, every cosmetics brand has lightening or whitening products and I was like where're products for me lol :facepalm::facepalm:

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh I meant the ones we see on screen. Yes, full blooded are pretty in their own way. Some of the celebrities that they said “full blooded” are actually mixed with some other race. What I meant is in general, full blooded Thai or Cambodians looks very average, not to the standards of celebrities you see on tv.
I think that's true of everywhere :risas3: Part of the reason celebrities get to be celebrities is because of their looks

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
It’s difficult to say we will see a full Thai because Thailand is home to the second largest Chinese community in the world. So I believe a lot of Thais have some Chinese DNA. Thailand has a rich culture though, what makes it unique is that no matter if your half European, African, another type of Asian, Thai culture plays a huge part of your identity so you become Thai. The traditions, religion and values makes you full Thai. That’s my opinion. Lol
We know all about that here in the US :risas3: We don't really get the "full-blooded" idea here because it's so diverse. There's really no physical look for a "full-blooded" American. We are majority white, yes, but only barely these days. But it's harder because we're a younger country so we don't really consider ourselves as having an ancient culture-- and besides, most of our culture is a conglomeration of a bunch of other ones.

However, I consider myself a full-blooded American, because both sides of my family have been here for 500 years or so. So it's hard saying where my family is from, because we're from here.

Sorry if you already know all this :risas3: I lose track of who's in the US and who isn't