[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rachfull

sarNie Oldmaid
She didnt came out to say that he beat her, her friends sorta did and sorta didnt for her. And yes you are right that no men should ever laid hands on a women but no women should ever lay hands on any men either. Abuse can happen both ways. There were two sides to this story. Her friends and some elders at ch3 were on her side but funny that people from gmm seem to stayed silent in supporting her. So the question was did he or didnt he? It's all speculations. Only thing she said was that she almost died. Then there was a leaked chat from Nantida, her husband ex, who told him to come out and clear himself, dont let her lie and muddy his name that way. Janie and everyone including her friends went silent after that. So did the abuse happen or no? Only them two would know.
Well I guess you said it: it's not really any of our business anyway.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Theres no need to delete your comment. Were all grown adult here and you expressed your opinion in a respectful way without being disrespectful to Janie.
Oh no I didnt comment about Janie in the post I deleted but more on gender,abuse, and stigma. I wouldn't have deleted what I said if it was about Janie's drama lol. No worries, lol I just felt like this wasnt the right place to talk about the subject. If there's ever a thread on opinions of abuse I would put in my two cent from a personal and professional perspective :).

Rosi

Wifey #42
Oh no I didnt comment about Janie in the post I deleted but more on gender,abuse, and stigma. I wouldn't have deleted what I said if it was about Janie's drama lol. No worries, lol I just felt like this wasnt the right place to talk about the subject. If there's ever a thread on opinions of abuse I would put in my two cent from a personal and professional perspective :).
Oh no!! I just woke up (again!). What juicy news did I miss? You know this thread you can say whatever you like it won't make a dent! Please somebody! Please put back what @KitKat516 has deleted! I want to read too! (oh why did I sleep in the middle of the afternoon, it's a Sunday!! Grr to me)

Rosi

Wifey #42
Okay guys, for you who understand Thai - there are total 4 songs of BPS :

1) Which of the themes is the most apt feelings of Por Date for Kade?
2) I know Or Jao sounds very much like it's a Date song, but some parts as if it's Kade's secret feelings too - especially when she's hurt
3) Which of the 4 is the most reflective of Kade's?
4) Thanks.

Amata

sarNie Hatchling
Maybe @Chario mintmario and @Amata who's versed in Thai can verify on the Mia and Panraya thing. Isn't there a specific word for wife which means "THIS IS MY WIFE, I LOVE HER, WE MARRIED IN AN OFFICIAL WEDDING CEREMONY WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS IN ATTENDANCE TO BLESS US, AND SHE'S MY WIFE HEAVEN AND EARTH, and don't you dare you any of my skeletons in my rotten old cupboards claim to still be involved with me & call yourself my wife because that's totally not true!".
Because in the western & Singapore context, once you say "wife" that's it. All else gets nipped in the bud.
@Rosi @Rachfull Words “Husband and wife” in Thai usually make foreigner confused.

1. SaameePaunraya = SaameePaunya = สามีภรรยา = Husband and wife
Saamee = สามี = Husband
Paunraya = Paunya = ภรรยา = Wife
Pariya = ภริยา = wife
Paunraya Laung = Paunya Laung = ภรรยาหลวง = First wife
Paunraya Noi = Paunya Noi = ภรรยาน้อย = Wife comes after the first wife

The words “Saamee and Paunraya/Paunya” are the most polite, formal, used both in spoken and written language, used with people that you are not accustomed to or with older people or anyone you feel you should be more polite to them.
One of my chief liked to use “Saamee” when she said about her husband to respect him.
She said “Saamee P’ puai” = My Saamee is sick”
She was my chief and older than me so she call herself P’ with me.
So it is Ok when people here say ‘Pope is my Saamee or I’m Pope’s Paunraya/Paunya.

The word “Pariya (very formal)” is used with women who are President’s wife, Prime mister’s, UN Secretary General’s, ambassador’s wife, etc.

2. Fan = แฟน

Fan is used with both men and women. It has 4 meanings (as I think)

2.1 Man and woman who like and learn each other, haven’t lived together, have not any affair yet.
2.2 Man and woman who like and learn each other but have had affair. They do not think they are husband and wife and some usually do not want to reveal such relation between them to public. Sometimes we call this type of Fan that “Ku Non = sleeping partner”. The meaning would be similar to “girlfriend” in English.
2.3 Fan = Husband or Wife
Compared with PuaMia, Fan is more polite and formal. When People are shy to say Pua or Mia. They use this word instead like “Fan P’ puai. = My Saamee/Paunya is sick
2.4 Fan = Fanclub
When you like/love and follow any actor/actress, singer, football player, you are their fan.

3. PuaMia = ผัวเมีย = Husband and wife

Pua = ผัว = Husband
Mia = เมีย = Wife
Mia Laung = ภรรยาหลวง = First wife
Mia Noi = ภรรยาน้อย = Wife comes after the first wife
These 2 words have been used in formal since Ayutthaya Era. These days, they are folk language, informal, used in general, sometimes ok sometimes impolite depending on place, time, person who says or person who you say to. If not sure, it is better using Saamee and Paunya.

Both words imply that man and woman have had affair already (emphasize having affair). In Thai Lakorn, many characters often use this to dominate other, like in Padiwarada, Duang said “Saraan and Doang Pen PuaMia gun Laiew = ศรัณและดวงเป็นผัวเมียกันแล้ว”= Saraan and I have been husband and wife.”

Last edited:

Rosi

Wifey #42
@Rosi@ruchfull Words “Husband and wife” in Thai usually make foreigner confused.

Saamee = สามี = Husband
Pariya = ภริยา = wife

The words “Saamee and Paunraya/Paunya” are the most polite, formal, used both in spoken and written language, used with people that you are not accustomed to or with older people or anyone you feel you should be more polite to them.
One of my chief liked to use “Saamee” when she said about her husband to respect him.
So it is Ok when people here say ‘Pope is my Saamee or I’m Pope’s Paunraya/Paunya.

The word “Pariya (very formal)” is used with women who are President’s wife, Prime mister’s, UN Secretary General’s, ambassador’s wife, etc.

2. Fan = แฟน

2.1 Man and woman who like and learn each other, haven’t lived together, have not any affair yet.
2.2 Man and woman who like and learn each other but have had affair. They do not think they are husband and wife and some usually do not want to reveal such relation between them to public. Sometimes we call this type of Fan that “Ku Non = sleeping partner”. The meaning would be similar to “girlfriend” in English.
Compared with PuaMia, Fan is more polite. When People are shy to say Pua or Mia. They use this word instead like “Fan P’ puai. = My Saamee/Paunya is sick
2.4 Fan = Fanclub
When you like/love and follow any actor/actress, singer, football player, you are their fan.

Pua = ผัว = Husband
Mia = เมีย = Wife
These 2 words have been used in formal since Ayutthaya Era. These days, they are folk language, informal, used in general, sometimes ok sometimes impolite depending on place, time, person who says or person who you say to. If not sure, it is better using Saamee and Paunya.

Both words imply that man and woman have had affair already (emphasize having affair). In Thai Lakorn, many characters often use this to dominate other, like in Padiwarada, Duang said “Saraan and Doang Pen PuaMia gun Laiew = ศรัณและดวงเป็นผัวเมียกันแล้ว”= Saraan and I have been husband and wife.”
Why, @Amata , thanks so much for that full explanation. We get handicapped when not knowing the beauty of the language. You always clarify down to the letter, it's so sweet you take all that trouble; I envy you & @Chario mintmario it's easy for you two. So, it's very elaborate in that sense this spouse word against the bedmate word. Ok, I think I understand now - although it still is a bit confusing.

But good that you brought up that Duang's no shame admission in front of everyone what she & Salan's been doing. You would think people would have known it already about your relationship & there's no need to repeat!

Yet it still seems strange to us who are not Thais that once you sleep with someone that's your husband; it is very strange. Most people sleep with many boyfriends & isn't that hard to say that those guys are all your husbands? Husbands & wives are for when we ultimately get married, the usual thing.

For example in Padiwarada, Rin & Salan went through a formal ceremony in front of relatives & they even have this cute "this is how you sleep together" bed scene performed by the old folks. But still one day Salan's officer reminded him he must sign the marriage certificate as if he's not married yet. And when they were arguing, Rin also said "we haven't signed the marriage papers, it's not too late, you should just let me return to my family" - as if their marriage is not legalised & you can back out anytime they want.

But in the story I liked the way it went, because if endorsing marriage papers means you are truly married Salan did it in the proper way having Rin come to the Courthouse with him & sign in front of witnesses. He didn't sleep with her until he had done all that; he did the decent thing - unlike with Duang.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Pope in suspenders is a tough act to beat :drooling:

I'm SO excited for PYLMW too! Kinda wish the subbers would hurry up, but don't tell them I said that :fighting3: They have lives and we need to be patient :sad6:
So the suspenders is from LRT 2016, @phatman it didn't click before it was from the scene where he hid the earrings which Kratin was searching for. Then he innocently went to pray respects to his mother.

upload_2018-8-5_15-19-18.jpeg

Rosi

Wifey #42
I love his waist. Lol
I know. You like his bod better than Great's! I think in the early days we didn't pay much attention to his looks apart from his acting. We only like his characters (eg KC Ruj) but in that story he started to emerge in bits & pieces with a certain smile or expression & the neat suits made him noticeable. But I feel it's truly in BPS that he charms us in ways we didn't expect! It's those throne scenes.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Personally I dont believe he was abusive. Did he beat her up? I'm 50/50 on that.
Um. I think he did. She had photos of her all beaten up. Haha.

Is there anyone with sex appeal without really trying? As in just standing there & simply smouldering & then the sex appeal goes oozing. So when she moves it gets even better. This happens when they're in those off shoulder Boran clothes.

You guys don't want to give Clara a chance?
Haha. No Clara please.

Susie has natural sex appeal to me
Omg Susie!! Screenshot_2018-07-20-19-55-11-1.png

I'm taking the samee with me

Oh and I'm back on wifi for now
Dammit. Hahaha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Janie's engaged??? I'm happy for her! I hope her fiance is a good man who will treat her well, unlike her ex...
Oh this man will treat her good alright. He's a baby! Haha.

She didnt came out to say that he beat her, her friends sorta did and sorta didnt for her. And yes you are right that no men should ever laid hands on a women but no women should ever lay hands on any men either. Abuse can happen both ways. There were two sides to this story. Her friends and some elders at ch3 were on her side but funny that people from gmm seem to stayed silent in supporting her. So the question was did he or didnt he? It's all speculations. Only thing she said was that she almost died. Then there was a leaked chat from Nantida, her husband ex, who told him to come out and clear himself, dont let her lie and muddy his name that way. Janie and everyone including her friends went silent after that. So did the abuse happen or no? Only them two would know.
Oh. I didn't hear that part. Haha.
Okay guys, for you who understand Thai - there are total 4 songs of BPS :

1) Which of the themes is the most apt feelings of Por Date for Kade?
2) I know Or Jao sounds very much like it's a Date song, but some parts as if it's Kade's secret feelings too - especially when she's hurt
3) Which of the 4 is the most reflective of Kade's?
4) Thanks.
1.) Definitely "Or Jao Uey"
2.) It could be a Kade song too, but the singer did reference the moon, so it's most likely a male song. Date even said it, he's suppose to serenade the girl while watching the moon, because the moon is his girl. Hehe.
3.) "Ter Nor Ter"
4.) You're welcome

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Uh oh. Are we fighting for that 1200 spot again???? Haha. I'll stay away this time because I'll probably take it again. You know. . . I still have that 1000 page celebration post that I never got around to. Hahahhaa. I need to start collecting again.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
@Rosi @Rachfull Words “Husband and wife” in Thai usually make foreigner confused.

Saamee = สามี = Husband
Pariya = ภริยา = wife

2. Fan = แฟน

Compared with PuaMia, Fan is more polite and formal. When People are shy to say Pua or Mia. They use this word instead like “Fan P’ puai. = My Saamee/Paunya is sick
2.4 Fan = Fanclub

Pua = ผัว = Husband
Mia = เมีย = Wife

You are always so informative!! Thanks!
I know. You like his bod better than Great's! I think in the early days we didn't pay much attention to his looks apart from his acting. We only like his characters (eg KC Ruj) but in that story he started to emerge in bits & pieces with a certain smile or expression & the neat suits made him noticeable. But I feel it's truly in BPS that he charms us in ways we didn't expect! It's those throne scenes.
In the past he had a big head because he gave himself a big ole hairdo. Hahha. I hate big shaggy hair. I like 'em clean cut. His hair made him look big, and at that time he was skinny too!! So it made his body look even more disproportionate! Haha. Now though with his hair all chopped away and those shoulders more built oo la la. Perfect. Haha. I'm glad K'Nong had him work out.

@phatman miss your PhatCaps! And we're nearing 1200 pages too!

Are you still on Padiwarada? Or back on LRT.
I'm done with both. Now I'm going into Nak Soo Taywada and Kharm See Tarn Don. Hehe. I volunteered to do some PhatCaps for NST so I'll be doing that as well.

Lol.. do you believed she cheated too cus I mean that was what her bestfriend's husband said. The guy that he said she cheated with was her first sugar daddy too.
I believe it. Haha. I mean it's Janie we're talking about. Hahaha.