can i say something about ch7 and ch3??????

emo

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know much about channels, but I am quite upset. I thought we supposed to enjoy Thai entertainment and are all on the same page and a channel wouldn't matter, but I guess it seems to matter. Okay I guess I'll add in my two cents too.

It seems like ch3 is quite more popular in SW. And from what I read and understand from the comments, ch7 gets most of the awards and recognition in and out of Thailand. If not don't bash on me and bash on the person who wrote it. :ph34r: :loool: Anyways ch7 may be more popular elsewhere on the internet (spicyforum) I assume since Mai, Natty, etc (sorry girls, I always get you guys messed up, so I apologize beforehand) has it on her siggy. So there is no proof that one is better than the other since people have preferences and favorites. So this thread is based on favoritism not fact. And like Fun mention about the awards but appreciation from fans who voted. Wait a minute ain't those awards based on votes anyways. Rating wise, I never really understood how it works.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
not all those vote are based on fan ....why have do people here have emmy awards and oscar and academy and golden globe award for then? the more they win the better they are, and the more their salary jacks up ...i think there are committees who does these thing..i dont favor channel i just watch. thats what network ch. do , they compete. dont get upset over nothing

Mai*

sarNie Elites
I don't know much about channels, but I am quite upset. I thought we supposed to enjoy Thai entertainment and are all on the same page and a channel wouldn't matter, but I guess it seems to matter. Okay I guess I'll add in my two cents too.

It seems like ch3 is quite more popular in SW. And from what I read and understand from the comments, ch7 gets most of the awards and recognition in and out of Thailand. If not don't bash on me and bash on the person who wrote it. :ph34r: :loool: Anyways ch7 may be more popular elsewhere on the internet (spicyforum) I assume since Mai, Natty, etc (sorry girls, I always get you guys messed up, so I apologize beforehand) has it on her siggy. So there is no proof that one is better than the other since people have preferences and favorites. So this thread is based on favoritism not fact. And like Fun mention about the awards but appreciation from fans who voted. Wait a minute ain't those awards based on votes anyways. Rating wise, I never really understood how it works.
lol you make no sense...how does ch 7 winning the awards have anything to do with Spicyforum? How does them ch 7 gaining ratings way and beyond ch 3 have anything to do with spicyforum? What do you consider proof? What's better is up to you, but ch 7 getting recognition outside Thailand and within Thailand with awards, ratings and popularity of daras isnt something spicy made up, it's a fact. I know it's kinda hard to accept that despite how ch 3 fans diss on ch 7, ch 7 still is more popular within Thailand and outside.

and since you point it out first....let me confirm for you what is a fact, not an opinion...

Ch 7 isnt just popular elsewhere on the internet (spicyforum) as you claimed...it's the most dominant channel regardless where....

natty

Chubs
Yes. I have a whole lot of awards in school and it doesn't mean I am the best they are others who are better that doesn't receive it. It is more of appreciation when receiving an award. Ken, Ann, Aum, Aff may not be the greatest but people have certain favorites and I do respect people who likes things that I don't like. Not all ch7 lakorn are bad nor are all ch3 are good.
aww well it's nice to know that you admit you dont deserve those awards.. pat on the back for that.. you really should give it back you know.. to those who are the best and truly deserve it.. it's the right thing to do..

but emo.. i have what on my siggy? :huh: as for the other thing (awards and ratings) you wrote that took me a good 5 minutes to understand (sorry if that felt like an attack cus it wasn't meant to be), maybe you should research your info before you um wrote that.. and if i understand it right.. so are you saying that ch 3 is only popular here at sw like how ch 7 is only popular at spicy?

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
aww well it's nice to know that you admit you dont deserve those awards.. pat on the back for that.. you really should give it back you know.. to those who are the best and truly deserve it.. it's the right thing to do..

and a another one natty :loool: :loool: :loool: gurl your on a role

noiki

sarNie Hatchling
lolz gotta love my girls.

i swear it's really based on who are your faves. if most of them are ch3, then you're defending it to the death that their lakorns are the best blah blah blah. ch3 has the worst pairings in terms of age wise. they have so many young actresses under the age of 20 pairing up with men almost in their 30s.

ch7 at least tries to pair up near the people's ages. and as much of a yui fan i am, i'm not going to sit and praise every single lakorn she stars in bc she's my fave. there are some i haven't even watched passed eps 1.

but overall my faves go to ch7 bc my most memorable lakorns come from ch7.

transcend89

sarNie Adult
ok this topic is scary it makes me not want to say anything but i'm confuse isn't most of the ch3 stars pretty popular so are they/not getting much attention as ch7 stars or is it just that ch7 lakorns are better and win awards is it awards base on acting or lakorns in particular i don;t even dknow what i'm getting at

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
im not favoring any channel ( we'll let the network battle it out that there job) but just on statistic only were just saying ch 7 is doin something right for them to get so many recognition

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
i disagree kalek, because back in the 90's they were attracting a different and older generation of audience and now a days old folks arent the only one watching lakorn, its acting, its the storyline, its the looks and fashion so everything comes into consideration...keep in mind there the one making money so they must be doing something right
your saying is good. I didn't think of the lakorn as a whole with the marketing. i concentrated too much on the actress fashion too much. Like I was thinking more about Pancake since she is Miss World and Supermodel, she always look so pretty onscreen and off screen. I probably was trying to say if only she can present her beauty by wearing t-shirt and jean. With your quote it tell me that it is the people involve with present lakorn to control what to present to audience. I hope I am getting your point. Clear me up if it is not what you're saying.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
^^^im sure she can but who wants to see their fave dress down...im a fan of kob and when she played in mae khun euy with oil and she was really tomboy-ish it make me not wanna watch it....her fashion was horrible

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
I don't care about the chanel 'cause the most important is the lakorn itselfs and It chanel have good and bad lakorns.
But I quite agree to say that actually Ch3 have better lakorns than Ch7...their plots are more interesting.
During the 3 last years, I enjoy lot of Ch3 lakorns contrary to Ch7 (only few really keep me inetrested).
Ch7 lakorns are too basic or if they have good plot, the story is too delayed which make it boring at certains points :
how many Ch7 lakorns I stop watching after some episodes...to directly watch the end !
...and I have lot of more fave in Ch7 than in Ch3...that is why I keep watching Ch7 lol.
I think, Ch7 promote better their artists...so they are more popular and actually,
they most of the time count on the popularity of the cast before the story itselfs !
Ch5 lakorns are not bad too...the problem is when It's good, It's really good but when It's bad, It really sucks !
I feel the same way. I still tune in Ch7, I have so many fave from ch7. I have enjoy many ch3 lately too. I also watch ch5. Some other channel like ITV.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Why are you guys going on a tangent about awards and rating? This topic is clearly about opinions. If you hate it, rating and awards doesn't mean anything.

Take for example, I hate Sai Yai Sawaad (I think that's the title) with Kob and Stefan but apparently it was a high rated show in Thailand. To this day, I still don't understand how. So that goes to show you, high rating doesn't mean a show is good.

I heard that kom faek is a highly rated show, when I watched it, it didn't click. I congratulate it for being a high rating show, but I don't like it.

I'm glad that SW and JLR got high ratings but if they didn't I would still like them.

This is clearly my opinion: production wise, acting wise, story wise, I do prefer Ch 3 over the other channels.
I'm definitely not saying that Ch3 is on the mark every time because some of their lakorns are just awful sometimes and the acting can be off too.

In the past, I could have agreed that Ch7 had the better acting, production set, and story, but now, I would have to go with Ch3.

Still though, I give every channel a chance. I watch from all channels than I form an opinion. I think people do that same as me.

natty

Chubs
Why are you guys going on a tangent about awards and rating? This topic is clearly about opinions. If you hate it, rating and awards doesn't mean anything.

Take for example, I hate Sai Yai Sawaad (I think that's the title) with Kob and Stefan but apparently it was a high rated show in Thailand. To this day, I still don't understand how. So that goes to show you, high rating doesn't mean a show is good.

I heard that kom faek is a highly rated show, when I watched it, it didn't click. I congratulate it for being a high rating show, but I don't like it.

I'm glad that SW and JLR got high ratings but if they didn't I would still like them.

This is clearly my opinion: production wise, acting wise, story wise, I do prefer Ch 3 over the other channels.
I'm definitely not saying that Ch3 is on the mark every time because some of their lakorns are just awful sometimes and the acting can be off too.

In the past, I could have agreed that Ch7 had the better acting, production set, and story, but now, I would have to go with Ch3.

Still though, I give every channel a chance. I watch from all channels than I form an opinion. I think people do that same as me.
:rolleyes: opinions that people take it as a fact.. if it stayed an opinion then we wouldn't get so technical and bring out facts to set things straight.... and why are you bringing up jlr's rating for?.. i thought what was it? oh yeah if you hate it, ratings and rewards don't mean anything.. wasn't it? or does this only apply to one but not the other... i thought high rating always mean something.... unless you would like to downgrade jlr's high rating.. actually i think you should since you did the same for khom faek and sai yai sawaad.. only to be fair tho..

only people abroad watch from all channels and form their opinions.. but where it actually matters, in thailand.. they dont get to do that.. so they only watch the lakorns or channel that appeals to them.. to them, where it counts.. rating matters. B) and last time i check, ratings are base on the opinions of the viewers.. if they think it's good and they like it, they'll watch it thus a rating is created... awards are the same.. given due to the opinions of judges and critics or the opinions of popular voters.. so award and ratings= opinions... so i think we're all on topic.. B)

fun

Expired Sarnie
:rolleyes: opinions that people take it as a fact.. if it stayed an opinion then we wouldn't get so technical and bring out facts to set things straight.... and why are you bringing up jlr's rating for?.. i thought what was it? oh yeah if you hate it, ratings and rewards don't mean anything.. wasn't it? or does this only apply to one but not the other... i thought high rating always mean something.... unless you would like to downgrade jlr's high rating.. actually i think you should since you did the same for khom faek and sai yai sawaad.. only to be fair tho..
I think she meant even if ratings are low for JLR, she enjoyed the lakorn.

Opinions, if they believe it to be true or not true, it's fact to them. Channel loyalist eventually is going to defend their side regardlessly. I too do the same and it's in our nature. Same applies to political party. You either support them or not.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I don't know how it works in Thailand but ratings (or rather demos) is the only thing that matters in US. That's how you make money, through ad rates and ad rates are based on demos. Awards gets you recognition and notice which might get you more viewers which translates to more money so in that way, they're relevant too.

But anyway the battle always seem to be between Ch.7 and 3. Is Ch.5 the red headed stepchild? It seems like they're Thai's version of UPN or CW. I still like them the best though.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I love ch. 5 I've always been a big fan of their lakorns lol until recently .. but it's gotten better .. hopefully they can start producing quality dramas the way they use too once more ^__^

natty

Chubs
I think she meant even if ratings are low for JLR, she enjoyed the lakorn.

Opinions, if they believe it to be true or not true, it's fact to them. Channel loyalist eventually is going to defend their side regardlessly. I too do the same and it's in our nature. Same applies to political party. You either support them or not.
so that mean she still somewhat care about ratings cus she's glad it's high...

anyways jeanie.. exactly.. and it's also somewhat like that in thailand too.. take aff for instant.. she didn't explode in obtaining shoots lakorn roles and endorsement until jlr which had pretty high ratings compare to other ch 3 lakorns... she's been in the industry since 2002.. and didn't get really popular til this year.. so yeah good ratings did a lot for her.. same goes for ann t... she swept for The Letter, which gave her even more endorsements... noon w was the same when she swept for mae ai saeun...

but anyways as for ch 5.. lol they're low key.. always under the radar when ch 7 and ch 3 battle for top spot in thailand.. but their lakorns seem to do really well internationally..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I don't think Ch5 wants to compete in the lakorn world that might get me stepped all over for saying, but I notice that Ch5 tend to care more about their musical talents, reality shows, and very big on sitcoms ... unlike ch3 and ch7 exact only airs one lakorn at a time;