Brenda Song

Mos_Koblover

sarNie Adult
Disney Channel Star Brenda Song is half Thai & Hmong, correct me if i'm wrong ^_^

I got the info from etasia forums.

brenda is in sweet life of zack & cody show & used to be in phil of the future show but now she isnt no more....she's also in stuck in the subarbs movei which is my fav movie, i really love it lol :p and she was in get a clue with lindsy lohan when they were teens......

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
dude, this is old news...there's been like three other topics about her on here about her being hmong...somehow they always get deleted

Keori

sarNie Egg
YEP, she is hmong for sure. I have this friend who is cousin of Brenda...I just found it out a couple of days ago when all of us was watching the "Sweet Life..." Yep, I was hella shock. She look like a chinese girl!!!!!

leek18

sarNie Adult
i know that she hmong well this is really old news to us. but she was so lucky to be in some big company with all this american people

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Brenda Song...Old news from HmongToday.. September 2005

Hmong Today: What do you consider yourself, Hmong or Asian?

Brenda Song: We’re all Americans, really. I think that’s why there’s so much division and turmoil sometimes, because people are always categorizing each other. I’m proud to be Hmong, but I’m more focused on being American.

In this business, it doesn’t matter what culture you are from.

HT: Do you still speak Hmong?

BS: My dad makes us (brothers Timmy, 15, and Nathan, 9) speak Hmong at home because he feels it is important for us to be able to communicate with my grand parents and for us to keep our culture.

My mom is Thai, but she was adopted by a Hmong family, so she speaks Hmong fluently as well.

HT: How would you describe the life of a movie star?

BS: I absolutely love my job! Even though there are times when I will work 12 – 14 hour days, I am still so thankful that I get to live out my dream every single day of my life.

Acting is something I’ve always had ambitions to pursue. I can still remember putting mascara on when I was just two-years-old!

HT: Are you a part of the Hollywood party scene that is often portrayed in magazines and tabloids?

BS: Besides Hollywood grand-openings and award shows, I try to stay away from the parties. It’s so easy to be swept away from that whole scene because it’s expected of you.

I’ve never drank or smoked in my entire life, but I’ve seen 15-year-olds drinking and smoking and I just think that’s gross.

HT: What do you do during your off time?

BS: Mostly I try to spend as much time with my family as possible. My schedule can be hectic at times making it a challenge to spend time with each other.

For hobbies, I play basketball and golf. I’m beginning to learn how to play tennis, which is fun. I love the Lakers!

And you know, regular girl stuff like hang out with my friends, going shopping and stuff like that.

HT: How do you fit an education in with your schedule?

BS: Actually, I graduated high school two years early. Currently I’m taking courses at a community college and online courses from UC-Berkeley. I’m majoring in psychology, mainly because I’m interested in it, but also so I can learn how to get into the different roles I play.

I take my education very seriously because they can take away your career, your money, your cute boyfriend, but they can never take away your knowledge.

One day I wont be in this business and I’ll need something to fall back on.

HT: What kind of car do you drive?

BS: That’s a funny question because I don’t have a car yet. I haven’t found the time to go select a car, that’s all. People are always asking me why I just don’t get a car, but really, I just haven’t got the time yet.

HT: Do you feel the “Hollywood� pressure to stay thin?

BS: I’m just a nobody, really. I am what I am. If I have a booty, sorry, I love eating pizza and ice cream at nights!

Every girl faces the weight issue, I think. It’s not just a Hollywood thing to be thin, it’s a societal issue that everybody faces.

HT: What’s your dream role?

BS: Cant really think of one. I love playing all sorts of different roles because I love the challenge. It’s hard to say which role I’ve liked the best because I’ve had such a wide variety of roles and I’ve loved each one.

HT: Do you still get nervous when you go for auditions?

BS: Actually, I haven’t had to audition for quite a while now. I’ve worked my way to where directors know my abilities and can be hired by reputation.

HT: Are you mostly cast when they need an Asian girl?

BS: That’s the thing, most of the roles I’ve gotten didn’t have race specified when they wrote the character.

Being Hmong, I’ve worked twice as hard as others just to prove I’m a good actress even though my hair isn’t blonde and my eyes aren’t blue. Usually, they take a look at me and they have to think twice because I wasn’t what they had envisioned when they wrote that character.

I think the only role that called for an Asian girl was for the Bernie Mac Show.

HT: How much longer do you think you’ll be acting?

BS: As long as they continue to hire me, I’ll continue to act. You never know in this business.

HT: What sort of advice do you have for those teens out there who want to follow in your footsteps?

BS: Believe in yourself. Believe in what you’re doing. And take advice from the people who are helping to guide your life because life is a big huge learning process.

If a little girl from Sacramento can be living out her dreams, anybody from anywhere can make it too!

I remember seeing her at sacramento new year.. she was little back then..:)

stacievangest

sarNie Hatchling
YM_gurl said:
Brenda Song...Old news from HmongToday.. September 2005

Hmong Today: What do you consider yourself, Hmong or Asian?

Brenda Song: We’re all Americans, really. I think that’s why there’s so much division and turmoil sometimes, because people are always categorizing each other. I’m proud to be Hmong, but I’m more focused on being American.

In this business, it doesn’t matter what culture you are from.

HT: Do you still speak Hmong?

BS: My dad makes us (brothers Timmy, 15, and Nathan, 9) speak Hmong at home because he feels it is important for us to be able to communicate with my grand parents and for us to keep our culture.

My mom is Thai, but she was adopted by a Hmong family, so she speaks Hmong fluently as well.

HT: How would you describe the life of a movie star?

BS: I absolutely love my job! Even though there are times when I will work 12 – 14 hour days, I am still so thankful that I get to live out my dream every single day of my life.

Acting is something I’ve always had ambitions to pursue. I can still remember putting mascara on when I was just two-years-old!

HT: Are you a part of the Hollywood party scene that is often portrayed in magazines and tabloids?

BS: Besides Hollywood grand-openings and award shows, I try to stay away from the parties. It’s so easy to be swept away from that whole scene because it’s expected of you.

I’ve never drank or smoked in my entire life, but I’ve seen 15-year-olds drinking and smoking and I just think that’s gross.

HT: What do you do during your off time?

BS: Mostly I try to spend as much time with my family as possible. My schedule can be hectic at times making it a challenge to spend time with each other.

For hobbies, I play basketball and golf. I’m beginning to learn how to play tennis, which is fun. I love the Lakers!

And you know, regular girl stuff like hang out with my friends, going shopping and stuff like that.

HT: How do you fit an education in with your schedule?

BS: Actually, I graduated high school two years early. Currently I’m taking courses at a community college and online courses from UC-Berkeley. I’m majoring in psychology, mainly because I’m interested in it, but also so I can learn how to get into the different roles I play.

I take my education very seriously because they can take away your career, your money, your cute boyfriend, but they can never take away your knowledge.

One day I wont be in this business and I’ll need something to fall back on.

HT: What kind of car do you drive?

BS: That’s a funny question because I don’t have a car yet. I haven’t found the time to go select a car, that’s all. People are always asking me why I just don’t get a car, but really, I just haven’t got the time yet.
HT: Do you feel the “Hollywood� pressure to stay thin?

BS: I’m just a nobody, really. I am what I am. If I have a booty, sorry, I love eating pizza and ice cream at nights!

Every girl faces the weight issue, I think. It’s not just a Hollywood thing to be thin, it’s a societal issue that everybody faces.

HT: What’s your dream role?

BS: Cant really think of one. I love playing all sorts of different roles because I love the challenge. It’s hard to say which role I’ve liked the best because I’ve had such a wide variety of roles and I’ve loved each one.

HT: Do you still get nervous when you go for auditions?

BS: Actually, I haven’t had to audition for quite a while now. I’ve worked my way to where directors know my abilities and can be hired by reputation.
HT: Are you mostly cast when they need an Asian girl?

BS: That’s the thing, most of the roles I’ve gotten didn’t have race specified when they wrote the character.

Being Hmong, I’ve worked twice as hard as others just to prove I’m a good actress even though my hair isn’t blonde and my eyes aren’t blue. Usually, they take a look at me and they have to think twice because I wasn’t what they had envisioned when they wrote that character.

I think the only role that called for an Asian girl was for the Bernie Mac Show.

HT: How much longer do you think you’ll be acting?

BS: As long as they continue to hire me, I’ll continue to act. You never know in this business.

HT: What sort of advice do you have for those teens out there who want to follow in your footsteps?

BS: Believe in yourself. Believe in what you’re doing. And take advice from the people who are helping to guide your life because life is a big huge learning process.

If a little girl from Sacramento can be living out her dreams, anybody from anywhere can make it too!

I remember seeing her at sacramento new year.. she was little back then..:)
[post="92045"][/post]​
hey...u guy said that she is hmong......but y did her last name is not hmong....

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
yea....hmong peeps have a whole lot of ways to spell last names....

SONG is also XIONG....it is meskas for XIONG.....

i love Brenda Song....she's so pretty....

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
yeah...brenda is hmong...and also...she knos hmong b/c her family makes her speak it i guess...and her last name is really XIONG but then..her parents or great grandparents chose to have it spelled SONG when they immigrated to the US so yeah..hah..