200 Pounds Beauty

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
OMG guess what ??
I was browsing Kim Ah Joong clip on youtube...
And I found out that it's her playing in the same OHUI CF as Bi OMG !!
I'm sooooo excited LOL
It's awesome ^_^

Ohui CF

cecilia

Staff member
GREAT MOVIE!!! .. JUNJIMO IS VERY HANDSOME IN HERE.. alot younger than in QUEEN OF THE GAME kdrama.
anyway, i got my whole family hook on the movie and the ost. they love KAJ..

OMG guess what ??
I was browsing Kim Ah Joong clip on youtube...
And I found out that it's her playing in the same OHUI CF as Bi OMG !!
I'm sooooo excited LOL
It's awesome ^_^

Ohui CF
you also know that they're in lOVE SURVIVAL GAME SHOW together before the CF come out too right?..LOl

XXxredromeoxXX

sarNie Hatchling
The movie was awsome! It cracked me up when the guys fall for her beauty.
I also love the soundtrack. =) I recommend this movie.
Is it really her singing? And shes natural right?

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
GREAT MOVIE!!! .. JUNJIMO IS VERY HANDSOME IN HERE.. alot younger than in QUEEN OF THE GAME kdrama.
anyway, i got my whole family hook on the movie and the ost. they love KAJ..
you also know that they're in lOVE SURVIVAL GAME SHOW together before the CF come out too right?..LOl
Ceciiiii I didn't watch the game show otokeeee !! T_T
Okay I'm going to dl it right away lol

-edit-

OMG Bi and Kim Ah Joong are so cute together !!! <3
Look like they are real couple in there !!

The movie was awsome! It cracked me up when the guys fall for her beauty.
I also love the soundtrack. =) I recommend this movie.
Is it really her singing? And shes natural right?
Yes it's really her singing !!
I read somewhere that she supposed to be a singer but she turned out to be an actress.
She can do both now :)
She has a great voice omg i love her lool
But I dunno if she's natural or not haha

I can't stop listening to the OST...
I watched it twice yesterday mouhaha

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
Actresses Dominate on Big Screen

By Kim Tae-jong
Staff Reporter

The stars of actresses are shining brighter than those of their male counterparts in local films.
It’s not only their physical beauty, but also the range of different characters they play that have been attracting moviegoers and better box office results.

Obviously, the movie-going audience now wants to have more choice than the gangster films, which male actors tend to dominate. But also, actresses have proved they are not just the pretty girlfriend of a leading male character any more.

One of the actresses leading the ``female wave’’ in the big screen is Kim A-jung.

She has successfully completed her first ``heavy’’ role in her latest film, ``200 Pound Beauty,’’ which sold over 6 million tickets nationwide. In this film version of ``The Ugly Duckling,’’ Kim had to become her ugliest, a role which most actresses would avoid.

During the hot summer season, she wore special makeup all over her body which took four hours to apply; a makeover which led the film to become the seventh most successful film in history. The movie is the only one in the top 10 most successful films that does not deal with death and violence.

Her hidden talent in singing also came through with the original sound track of the movie topping local music sales charts for weeks.

Another actress not shying away from challenging roles is Kang Hye-jung, and her efforts have usually borne fruit.

In her latest film, ``Herb,’’ she played the part of a 20-year-old woman with the intelligence of a 7-year-old.

Although the film has many conventional tearjerker elements, Kang’s superb performance as a mentally retarded woman successfully impressed audiences, and the film sold 1 million tickets nationwide.

Unlike Kang, actress Ha Ji-won has challenged herself physically.

In her new film, ``Miracle on 1st Street,’’ she plays a female boxer. She joined a gymnasium where professional boxers train and went through intensive training for months for the movie.

Through the new role she shows her tough side after the popular TV historical drama in which she played a renowned kisaeng, a Korean female entertainer similar to a Japanese geisha. Thanks to her superb performance, the film came first at the box office during the Lunar New Year holidays.

Actresses such as Kim, Kang and Ha aim to play a wide range of different roles in movies, but Hyun Young comes to the screen in a different way.

With her unique nasal voice, which many found dislikable when she debuted, she has successfully trademarked it, combining it with her comic and cheerful characteristics.

In the past she played minor supporting roles, usually of a comic nature, including the leading female character’s wacky friend in ``The Art of Seduction’’ (2005) and an ethnic Korean from Yanbian as the Korean translator in ``My Wife Is a Gangster 3’’ (2006) that starred Shu Qi.

In her latest film, ``The Perfect Couple,’’ she plays her first leading role. The low budget romantic comedy drew audiences of over 1 million.

Another actress who has successfully facilitated her strength in recent films is Kim Hye-soo.

She has long been a sexy icon and starred in many popular television dramas, but despite her 20 year popularity was not so successful on the big screen until last year’s hit film ``Tazza: The High Rollers.’’

In the film, she played a femme fatale who organizes a gambling game with her seductive charms. It sold 6.8 million tickets and garnered her the best actress award in the Blue Dragon Film Awards.

Her new film, ``A Day for an Affair,’’ is now showing. She takes on a bolder character, that of a married woman in the early 30s who enjoys dating a much younger man and having sex. The film has been moderate success, coming third at the box office over the weekend.

Her next film ``Shim’s Family’’ opens on March 1, and the audience is expected to see her new side.

The film is a story about family members who have little in common, and she plays an unemployed woman who lives with her sister’s family.

Source : The Korea Times

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
Propelled to the Top by 200 Pounds

The actress Kim Ah-jung is the new star on the local film and pop music scenes. Everywhere, people are talking about her role in the movie “200 Pound Beauty” and singing the theme song of the film. The movie drew more than 4 million moviegoers in only 20 days since its release on Dec. 14. The theme song has dominated all popular song charts. It is a megaton bomb of a success given that Kim had not played a leading role or sung a song in a movie since she debuted in 2004.

“200 Pound Beauty” is the only Korean film to compete with the Hollywood blockbuster “Night at the Museum,” which was released a week later. It is also the only movie to draw more than 4 million viewers since “War of Flower,” which was released during the Chuseok(Korean Thanksgiving) holiday. The producers expect the movie to draw 5 million or even 6 million viewers if it maintains the momentum. The number of theaters showing it has slightly gone down now new films are coming out, but an average of 80,000-90,000 people watch the movie every day. Kim’s film looks set to become the mega-hit comedy to break the record of “My Boss, My Teacher,” which drew 6.12 million viewers.

The pop music scene is another stage for the actress. “Maria,” the theme song sung by Kim, has stayed on top of the music charts, including one compiled by online streaming music provider Bugs, for two weeks since the last week of last year. Another theme song, “Beautiful Girl,” ranked 49th, defeating songs by superstar singers like Kim Jong-kuk, SG Wannabe, Lee Seung-chul and Sung Si-kyung. Kim also won the Digital Music Awards’ “Song of the Month” last month hosted by the mini-homepage service operator Cyworld. The award is given to the song most sold as background music to their homepage service, and past winners include Cho PD, Sweet Box and Sung Si-kyung. Kim’s “Maria” has been downloaded more than 170,000 times at least.

Enjoying the popularity, Kim has been traveling provincial cities to thank her fans directly. Along with director Kim Yong-hwa and co-star Kim Hyun-suk, she toured Jinju and Changwon in South Gyeongsang Province, and Pohang and Ulsan in North Gyeongsang Province on Saturday and Sunday.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

She's so nice :)

numfon

sarNie Adult
hmmm.. i actually like this movie..

but the overweight jokes are VERY VERY VERY exaggerated. khod 'ver!! ..sometimes these jokes irritate me so much, it's not even funny. -_-

like the ambulance scene, for example. they supposedly couldn't even flip her over to the other bed. um -- what the hell? she weighs 200 something; not 600. :mellow:

hurr.. oh well. i'd just have to suck it in that obesity will ALWAYS be a funny joke to other people.

the fat suit.. my god. poor KAJ.. she prolly nearly died under that thing. :blink:

this movie is kinda similar to Shallow Hal ..'cept Shallow Hal sends a better message, in my opinion. the female lead didn't have to go through any knives... she was accepted for who she was in the end.

howeverrrrr..

Kim Ah Joong is adorable. haha i love her voice so much.. ^_^

anyway.. my points:

out of 5 stars..

+1: good chemistry between the leads
+1: Kim Ah-jung ^_^, Sarangah!! :wub:
+1: good message
+1: hilarious kissing scene :lol:

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Great entertainment factor.

I wish Thai movies could be as good.

Three thumbs up... 5 stars....

Just remember, if you want orignality, this is lacking.

But if you want a chick flick and good entertainment... it succeeds!

Remember.. itz all about the silicone breasts! :^P

sarN

sarNie Granny
im watching it rignt now . sooo far it funnie LOL>>> im at the part where she just tap the dude shoulder to stop trying to push her hahah she will roll over for them LOL>>>

sarN

sarNie Granny
ok , i just finsh watching it :spin: it started off funnie and it got sadder ... tear was just pouring down my cheek near the end --->> at the concert where she make dat speech ...it was soo moving .. ...it a great movie !!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
YAH, I'VE SEEN IT.. & I LUV IT.. IT'S HECKA FUNNY... & SAD TOO... :)

I RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE TO EVERYONE.. :)

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
im watching it rignt now . sooo far it funnie LOL>>> im at the part where she just tap the dude shoulder to stop trying to push her hahah she will roll over for them LOL>>>
HAHHAA.. I LIKE THAT PART.. "LET'S LIFT HER ON 3.. READY.. 1..2...3..." (SHE'S TOO HEAVY)

"i SAID ON THREE, ARE YOU GUYS LIFTING HER ON 2? aGAIN, LIFT HER ON THREE..."

HAHAHAHA... HECKA FUNNY.. :rolleyes:

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
Kim Ah-joong Dazzles HK
2007-05-11

Hong Kong has recognized the fast rising star power of actress Kim Ah-joong, who has been receiving first class celebrity treatment there since arriving Saturday to promote her hit film '200 Pound Beauty.'

A huge crowd of fans greeted her at the airport upon her arrival.

An official at her management agency quoted local media as predicting Kim would surpass the fame of Jeon Ji-Hyeon, the heroine of 'Sassy Girl,' which topped box office records in Hong Kong.

200 Pound Beauty has held four previews in Hong Kong, and interest in the Korean actress is rising.

Kim has held numerous interviews with some 150 media outlets and met with Hong Kong film officials on possible roles in a Chinese film or a joint Korean-Chinese production.

200 Pound Beauty will open in some 20 Hong Kong theaters May 17.

Source : KBS Global

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i loved the movie...it was good... kim a joong is so pretty in the movie and i loved the song she sanged "MAria" it was a good song...

Aba

sarNie Egg
OMG this movie is like sooooo cool it was so sad too...if you saw it i slike..OMg...that wheat it is like...i love the part when she saw her dog in his Apt. and when he wasn't looking she hug her dog, whos name is love, it was so sad..i love it....she so pretty adn she always crying...i love it...

ijohn

sarNie Adult
---i need to see this atm to fill a void in my routine cos it's been awhile since i watched anything new...:)