❤️ Various ET News

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Actually how come she gets to go to Cannes? It’s not like she has a movie often?

I feel like most of the time it’s her daughter who gets attention on social media these days.
Chompoo's a L'Oreal brand ambassador. She has to be there, they are one of the biggest Cannes sponsors. Lots of the same L'Oreal ambassadors show up every year to Cannes like Eva Longeria and Aishwarya Rai who don't have any films screening. I think compare to the other two, Chompoo always dressed the best. Her gowns are always top notch.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the info, @neenavaj . I keep forgetting about her long-standing connection with L’Oreal. Her outfits at the event are hits on some years and miss on others though, IMO. But that’s normal for all celebs, I think.

@bit I feel like Thai stars are involved with so many international fashion events these days that I don’t think the hype is all what they used to be like? Maybe I’m old and cynical, haha.

That part! Why is her daughter on daradaily post every damn day? lol She’s not a star and isn’t cute honestly 555
Awww… I think she is cute! But I just don’t get why the entertainment pages need to cover her so much though. I guess these days everyone is just out for content. :confused12:

bit

sarNie Adult
That part! Why is her daughter on daradaily post every damn day? lol She’s not a star and isn’t cute honestly 555
I pity these celebs children who their parents paraded them in social media since such a young age without them having a choice

Like Ashton Kutcher said” I chose to be famous but my children didn’t” so he kept them away from the camera.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@nat12 funny you mention that bc James Ji also was probably the most popular too. They really tried to make him follow James' looks from his own series too from the hair and the glasses. Baby face like him too. He also had work right away too. I think they're all stiff though. Most of the girls are more experienced and a little older so they have the advantage.

@bit I wonder that about Chompoo too. Like is she that popular still internationally? I feel like the BL guys these days is where it's at fame wise but I don't think there's anyone like that for the women but I'm sure there's more than just Chompoo haha

nat12

sarNie Adult
@WeirFany as mentioned… Chompoo is still at Cannes and other international fashion week events cos of her connection to L’Oréal. I don’t think the company will drop her unless she gets into a huge scandal. I’m certain Chompoo has a lot of pull in the media to create bad publicity if L’Oréal were to drop her unfairly.

Re: Mikey’s resemblance to James Ji… that’s obvious. LOL Largely cos the same directors who directed the fathers’ stories in Juthathep, also directed the respective sons’ stories in Tewaprom. So Pa’Jaew directed Khun Chai Puttipat, he also directed Kwanruetai. I suspect Ch3 strongly insisted that Gulf and Peak to be in Tewaprom, then let the directors choose whose son they were going to be. Mikey and Kao were selected for their resemblance to James Ji and Pope. That’s soooo obvious just from their appearance, haha.

I pity these celebs children who their parents paraded them in social media since such a young age without them having a choice
I’m confused by Thai celebs too. In Europe, the paparazzi aren’t even allowed to display photos of celebrities’ kids because they are underage and aren’t public figures themselves. The US doesn’t have such laws but a lot of celebs wish they would. I think someone here mentioned that Thai celebs seem to act more like social media influencers rather than actors/singers/musicians and I sadly agree.

And it’s the whole… Thai entertainment ecosystem that produces this situation where everyone focuses more on celebrity, rather than quality work. Reporters only care about celebrity personal lives. Actors seem to be casted in projects just cos of their popularity. I know this exists everywhere worldwide but the Thai scene is small so it’s more obvious.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
When it comes to sharing personal lives on social media, its a choice so I really can't complain about it. Thai celebs are generous with sharing their lives on social media, may seem bizarre to international fans but I think the Thai fans are generous to their stars as well and respects the lives celebrities live, making it easy for celebrities to share. Compared to the West or East Asian culture where body shaming or bullying is common, creating dangerous environments for celebrity kids. Thailand's industry is still small, not as well known, so who knows about the future? Maybe they will hide their lives as well.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Most of the Thai celebs are just sharing their lives with fans online, and that’s their choice, sure. But I am concerned with some of them because they are earning from putting their kids in the spotlight, e.g. Matthew & Lydia, Beam Kawee etc. Earlier this year, there was online talk criticising the way Beam and his wife put their twin boys online… like criticising their parenting and stuff. Because one boy seems to be favoured over the other, cos he’s cuter or more popular. I didn’t read in detail, but only scanned in passing. So there is the harm when it comes to exposing children online like this.

Sharing their lives is posting updates once in a while. But when their online presence starts getting monetised - either via clicks/views, or getting ads.. That’s almost like pushing children into showbiz so that they can work and earn money for the family.

Most Thai fans are considerate and respectful, fortunately. But I wonder why children should be pushed into toxic online environment way before they understand what’s going on.

bit

sarNie Adult
Matthew Dean former manager has been exposed as a sleazy piece of garbage, molesting, harassing young actresses under his management.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
If we are talking about how Thai star kids are being too exposed to the media and being pushed into showbiz, Bollywood has been doing that since the dawn of their film industry even without social media. LOL There are very few celebrities who are not connected to a family. I watched a lot of Bollywood celebrity kids grow up, since following the industry in the early 90s. I feel like Thai celebs are vocal about their individuality, they are similar to Bollywood celebs who aren't afraid to clap back at haters. I think this is why I'm use to seeing Thai star kids and not be disturbed by the idea of exposing them on social media often.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Bella won an award at KCL awards yesterday and at the press conference after the event, confirmed her relationship. She seems happy so I guess we can be happy for her that she finally found someone who can make her happy.

All the best to her but from now on I’d have to endure the gossip pages swooning over her guy. Like recently when he opened his IG. :rolleyes: It gave me so much déjà vu of when the gossip pages were swooning over Weir and his wife, honestly.

bit

sarNie Adult
Matt quietly dated and get engaged. She’s learn a lot over the past couple of years. She said herself in interview with Woody how she didn’t appreciate what she had achieve in the past because it came to her easily.

She didn’t understand the struggle of getting a position like she did. That is why it looks like she didn’t care. But now she knew how other people struggle to be in the business and appreciate it much more. I like her honesty, she is not the type who beat around the bush, being half European, but that is not something appreciated in the Thai ET.

And now looks like she finally found someone who appreciate her and doesn’t care about the limelight.

All her furby gangs were so happy for her.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I suspected Matt was dating but the engagement came as a surprise. I like this approach to it. Announce relationship when they are about to marry. Typically what the Korean artistes do.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Congrats to Matt though!

After two long term relationships that led nowhere, I am not surprised that she is seemingly engaged so "quickly" to this new partner.

The veil with "My Matt" is so so cute lol he kind of reminds me of her ex boyfriend before SK. Both with gentle seeming vibes. Did some snooping and they give off older woman, younger man vibes hehe she's just squeezing his cheeks and he just did a kissy face

Only thing is that he didn't even get on one knee hahaha but with that said since I don't like public displays, it's a cute whisper proposal it seems as he means in to ask. He seems smart, Political Science major.

All my face actresses who are around my age, all slowly getting married one by one! Just Mint, Taew, and Toey left lol think Taew is next. I'm say all the time that one day, I'm just going to post a "engaged" or "just married" post and pop out of no where with the partner no one knew of too lol

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
I'm say all the time that one day, I'm just going to post a "engaged" or "just married" post and pop out of no where with the partner no one knew of too lol
LOL I have the same approach to relationships! A friend asked if I prefer to keep it a secret. I’m like.. just cos I’m not posting every moment of my life on social media doesn’t mean I’m living in secret. Everyone who matters to us will know, I just don’t need the whole world to know my business ;)

I’ve constantly been disturbed by people in my life who share every sweet moment with their significant other (like, girl… I don’t need to know what pet names you and your man call each other… euw). But each time I meet them they only tell me what’s seriously wrong with their partner. I’m good to be a listening ear and all that… but the headaches I got from the vast difference between their social media and real life, my God. :confused0: