WHO KNOES ABOUT PIANOS???????

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
who in SW knows how to play the piano???? n kno how to read the piano sheets???????

CAN NE ONE HELP ME WITH THAT??????? I NEED HELP.......

Mike_Luver

~Pinky~
Um..I don't know how to play piano, but are the piano sheets u're talking about just plain music sheete with the notes and stuff on it? If so, I can help u..well, I think I can anyways.. I play guitar and I know how to read music..so I can tell u which note is which..but I don't know the notes on the piano keys though ^_^

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
I wish i knew...I want to play a piano!! Chewy, you lucky son of a gun! A perfect iPod and now a piano?! URGHH!! *Shoots you. :p I can read music. I don't know the piano keys, that's all. :( Unlucky me. Plus, I don't have a piano...LUCKY YOU!! GRR!! :mad:

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I had band for three years in middle school...still remember how to read notes, although not as fluently. I also took piano for one year in high school but I sort of forgot. I think first you gotta learn the types of notes. On your piano music sheet, you have two types, treble clef notes and bass clef notes.

If you look at the picture above, you see 2 staffs (each staff has five lines) the first staff has the treble clef notes..if you look at the begining of the line, it's the squigly stuff that looks like an S. There is a system on how you memorize notes. Let's start at the bottom of the treble cleft bar and every space and line in the bar counts.

Lets start with the first line at the bottom with E, then the next line is G, and next line is B and so on and so on until you reach the top last line (ignore the spaces in between for now) You would have EGBDF.

There is a simple system to remember these notes and that is "Every Good Boy Does Fine" If you remember this sentence you can memorize these notes easily. See the connection? Every for E, Good for G, Boy for B, Does for D and Fine for F.

Now for the spaces in between the notes, lets start with the first space, which is the space after the first line, thats a F, next space is a A, next is an C and so on. You should have FACE. Which spells FACE..that's how you remember those notes.

Now with the bass staff notes...look below. The bass clef is that half a heart shape with the two dots

Okay, lets start with the lines, the first line note is G (although it doesn't show it), then B, then D and so on. You should have GBDFA. The sentence to memorize that is Good Boy Does Fine Always. Now for the spaces, you have ACEG. The sentence for that is All Cows Eat Grass. If you connect like two bars (treble clef and bass clef) the lines and spaces are in the exact order below:

For the lines starting from the bottom of the bass clef to the top of the treble clef staff you have.

Good Boys Does Fine Always Every Good Boy Does Fine - GBDFAEGBDF

Then for the spaces:
All Cows Eat Grass FACE -ACEGFACE

If you put the lines and spaces together you'll notice that they repeat ABCDEFG ABCDEFG. Now if you take the treble clef staff and add a space above the top line...that top line is F, so the space on top of that line is G and if you add a line on top of that space, that note is A (starts at A again) and so on and so on, you have ABCDEFG ABCDEFG. It's the same with the bass clef. It doesn't matter if you add spaces or lines above or below the staff, it's in the same order, just that if you add below the staff, you just read backwards. Notice how you see two g's to a's to b's etc between the treble clef staff and the bass clef staff? If you line up the top line of the Bass clef which is the note g, to the line underneath the bottom line of the Treble clef where it is also the note g..the notes are continuous.

There you go, your first lesson on naming notes. These are your basic notes, there are still other notes like A sharp or B flat, but don't worry about that one now.

On regular instruments like the flute, trumpet, clarinet, etc, we read from the treble staff notes. But on the piano, you play on both staff notes, one hand for each one. The bass staff notes are the lower key notes than the treble clef and you play with your left hand while the treble clef is played with your right hand. I think that's how I remember it.