Who is considered to have the best singing vocal in Thailand?

cikna

sarNie Adult
I always wonder which female singer in Thailand is recognised to have the best singing vocal in Thailand? It has been a while since I check out Thai's music entertaiment as I am more into dramas and actors/actressess. Anyone? :huh:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
iono but one of my fave female singer is parn.. she is just so amazing to me.. and her songs has such deep meaning too..

fan

sarNie Juvenile
it depends on what generation and type of music your into...

the 7 divas concert show cases the older generations which for me are the everlasting greatest singers out there... for me i dont think the younger generation singers can compete with the older generation whether its male or female.

girl rockers (not hard core rockers)... older generation: amp, au, mai ... middle generation... parn (although im not a fan of her or her songs but her voice is good) da endorphine, panadda... i cant think of any young generation rockers ... more on the punk rockish side theres no more tear

theres also Fahrenheit, Klear, and Prik Thai (personally i like Fahrenheit a little more than the other two but they aren't some of my favs..)

older generation singers: christina, sarunya, maleewan, nantida

middle generation singers: beau sunita, nat myria (her more recent stuff i didn't think she was that great back when she first started, look for things after her divorce from tao ahha), lydia (if you really like that nasally r&b sound) mod (3g) from grammy for that same type of sound that lydia has, punch

young generation singers: gam the star, den mic idol.... this is also hard to name some newbie singers with really great amazing voices

then there are also of course the overload of sugary pop music that is more just for non serious listening and not if your looking for good voices...

but if you want to get back into thai music... check out DaraThai
:lol:

fun

Expired Sarnie
It depends on people taste in music. With the majority of Thailand, I think everyone in Thailand know who Bird is. I guess that answers your question...

Personally here is my list with best vocal which is different from very famous and popular singer(s)/group(s) which some listed will be in both categories:
-Aof Pongsak :wub:
-Punch
-Da Endorphine
-Sirisak
-Jonas Andersson
-Ice

Okay there are quite a few more. It is hard to label one with the best vocalist when there are so many diversity in each vocalist.

cikna

sarNie Adult
thanks for the responses you all. i've listened to some of the names listed here. personally, i like parn's voice. punch is great too. for such a young singer, she has a rich and matured voice. jennifer kim i would say, rocks! in the past, when i was still a teenager (it's sad thinking i'm getting old...hahahaha!!) :p , i listened to the likes of tata young, momay, nancy, nicole theriult. they can sing quite well but i have not heard them reach a high note while singing or singing difficult song which required them to sing loq and high note at the same time. others young singers at that time, they rely more on their looks. not so much of their vocal prowess.

cikna

sarNie Adult
as for male singers, bird is all time talented singer. i think james and joni anwa has good vocal too. i've heard them reached a high note in a song before. i've not listened to bie sukrit and ice sarunyu yet. but if they are the products of singing competition shows, by right they would have great vocal talent. i'll check them out later

kry*star

sarNie Adult
I am crazy for Aof Pongsak's voice. He has the best voice ever!

Bird is also up there for me as well :)

I'm not so crazy about a female's voice (yet?). Rose Sirintip is pretty darn good though.

cecilia

Staff member
^agree, ROSE is a darn GREAT SINGER .. love her raspy voice ..
Aof is awesome as well as p'bird :wub:

tla23

sarNie Egg
My favorite and best vocals to me are: Male - P'Bank. love love his voice! Female - Da endorphine, her voice is so powerful!

SunStar

sarNie Elites
my top choices for amazing female artists:

-Klear
-Parn
-Nan (Cream)
-Punch

these ladies really have amazing voices... very unique in their own perspective....

cikna

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the responses, girls and guys! :p I think I have not peeked at Thai music entertainment for quite some time. I must, singers nowadays are more talented, and they rock!! I've listened to Da Endorphine and fell in with her voice instantly! Rose Siritip is not only an excellent singer but a good intrumentalist with her guitar and piano. Anyways, I came up with another thread that gathers female singers all over South East Asia with great voice. Do check it out. Feel free to respond.

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php?showtopic=38911