What's your name?

biava

sarNie Hatchling
i have many names lolz my white friends call me Lee and my hmong friends call me ahlee but some calls me hlee and my real and hmong name is goa lis (is that how u spell it lolz :sweat:) will it means late cus i was born really late on my due date so my grandpa says lets name her late so there i got my name lolz and that name cursed me because what ever i do i always wait till very late and wait for the last moment to do anything lolz :lmao:

Fearless

sarNie Adult
biava said:
i have many names lolz my white friends call me Lee and my hmong friends call me ahlee but some calls me hlee and my real and hmong name is goa lis (is that how u spell it lolz :sweat:) will it means late cus i was born really late on my due date so my grandpa says lets name her late so there i got my name lolz and that name cursed me because what ever i do i always wait till very late and wait for the last moment to do anything lolz :lmao:
[post="137587"][/post]​

So your name is pronounced “lig” as in “late”?? I thought it was pronounced “hli” as in “moon”.

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
i have a very weird name, so embarassed to even say it. i once thought of changing my name. when i was little my grandfather use to call me Ah Tah because of my flat nose. now no one calls me that anymore besides my dead grandfather. my families call me either Manila or Lela. at my work place everyone else calls me Vanilla "ice cream". But my english name is Maleela.

Maleela means the first and banana so it must mean the first banana, i don't know. sometimes i wonder why i go bananas... kekekekekekekke........

Mae

sarNie Adult
megami_lee said:
let me just say that i rather be called MAI vs. MO :p
[post="137087"][/post]​
Hahaha..i bursted out laughing when reading your post..but yeah, I totally agree with you...we call my older sister MO even though that's not her name...lol...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
my real name is Tao apparently...my parents didn't name me the doctors at the hospital named me Tao and in Thai doesn't "Tao" means turtle or dice well I think they named Tao cus I was born late so...I'm slow lol and it's true I'm slow physically and mentally :lmao:

L

lalalek

Intresting names for all yall girls...lol...but anyways i dont' have a hmong name but hey there's nothing wrong with me comming in still right?

nope there is no hmong name for me but once my aunt from Colorado visisted us...she called me mai and i was like where is she? she's not here, i think she went to the store...cause i have a sister name mai too that's why..hahaha...she was like no you..i was like me? hhahha that is my story!!!

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
hah...lek thats a funnie story..its ok to not have a hmong name..lots of ppl dont..my name has always been Bai....such a weird name..my parents like one-syllable names cause theyre easier to call when they need sumthin...but all the white ppl always go.."OMFG are you bi?" and i'm like FUKK NO..but not really i just laugh at them..ppl also call me "Bye Bye" too...ugh..thats been with me ever since i learned how to breath...how come my sis gets the easy common little "Mai" and i get the gay "Bai" and have to live with all those gay jokes..oh well...when i was in 4th grade..we had a spanish teacher..and i was a new student and stuff..and so everyday..he's say like "Hey Bai, N*Sync sung a song esp for you!"---->> you kno their "Bye Bye Bye" song..so like yeah..since my name "Bai" is pronounced as "Bye"..its like that..but i've renamed myself..dunt wurry ^_^ ....just call me Joey!! haha...

SunStar

sarNie Elites
shana pakim said:
my name is Nou Thao...
[post="138910"][/post]​
hey...my name is Nou too... but i'm a Vang... you a guy or girl because they're pronounced differently....

skoo_gurl

sarNie Egg
MY FIRST NAME (HMONG NAME) IS NPAUJ NYAAG (BAO NHIA) AND MY MIDDLE NAME (ENGLISH NAME) IS ELIZABETH AND THEN MY LAST NAME IS HERR<--WITH 2 RRS

mokka

sarNie Adult
go-kart said:
hi. my name is ka vang... eh.. that's really all they call me. but when i was little, some of my aunts called me "little bug"

lol..
[post="126194"][/post]​

hey thats my name too... this is soo cool...
full name is ka vang
nickname is mokka...

paxiong04

sarNie Egg
MY NAME IS JUST PA HOUA XIONG... BUT MY FAMILY CALLS ME FATTY... I NOE MY NAME IS PLAIN AND A LOST OF PEOPLE HAVE IT BUT IT ME.... :shocked:

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
my name is Bao Lee...but acording to my sister in law it's Bao Lee B.T...she calls me that when I do something wrong or you know how parents call their kids by their whole names when they're mad or something...now she's added "Thank A Lot" cause of what beam signed on his picture...
my parents call me long legs...I don't have long legs...I'm just the tallest out of my sisters and my cousins...
my siblings call me "giant" cause i'm a little bit taller than my oldest bro...
but I prefer to be called beamsgirl or Beam Loves Bao...
hehe...

poopympang

sarNie Hatchling
my dad is funny.... he named me after the word metaphor<-similar to metaphor.. used during new year..

My name is Pajlug Xyooj... But in School, my name is Panglu... funny huh..

SunStar

sarNie Elites
do any of you have funny nicknames given to you by relatives... cuz my two aunts & cousin each call me differently...

*aunt A calls me Prakhai (i think it's a Thai fruit, but she started calling me this b/c i mispronounced it when i was little...)

*aunt B calls me Koh b/c i saw a police officer arresting a guy and i meant to say "caught", but came out as "koh", so she start calling me that...

*my cousin aka brother always like to call me Nkauj Thai b/c i was born in Thailand and i always liked to be cute when i was little...

note: i'm 21 now... and they still call me by these names in front of all our relatives... so people started calling me this too!!!