What runs in your bloodline?

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i've never really met a Hmong or Malaysian in person. i have one Cambodian friend, and that's about it. one of my best friends is Laotian, and i speak to his parents in Thai (i feel like it's more polite). Where do all the Hmong and Malaysians live in Illinois? I know the Laotians all live in Elgin, but I'd really like to know where everyone else is....

The Thai people are all over and I know this cause my parents are involved in the various Thai Associations here. If my parents weren't in it, I'd think that there would only be like 5 Thai families in the Chicagoland area.
in the states, hmong people are mostly in CALI and Minnesota...

lol..but hey, im hmong, so now you've met a hmong person...lol

onahc

sarNie Elites
lol...yea i kno huh? majority in here is like mostly thais or mix....lol im an american guy too..lol i really want to learn thai..upin sept, i'll be going to UCLA, so i'm gonna take thai there...hope it's easy..lol

o n mien is kinda like hmong...we are like the two asian groups that no one's heard of...lol u can mostly tell someone's mien when their last name begins with a SAE, like SAEchao, or SAElee, sumthin like that...

for hmong peoples, moajorit kinda ends with the ANGs, like khANG, vANG, yAng...

if you're hmong and understand any lao, you should be able to pick up thai with not too much difficulty because lao and thai is very similar.

dorky_vang

sarNie Adult
MEH IM 100 PERCENT HMONG ...I WAS BORN IN AMERICAN SO I USALLY SPEACK ENGLISH MORE..
THAIHUMM IM NOT EVEN THAI BUT .. MY MOM N DAD LEARNT HATLANGU. WHEN THEY WA SIN THAILAND SO I LEARN FRO THEM A BIT THAT WHY I WATCH THAI STUFF HEHE

khmergirl1487

sarNie Egg
I'm half Cambodian and Chinese but for some reason almost everyone tell me I look more like filipino cuz of my skin color...http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

CTR

The Realist guy here period
if you're hmong and understand any lao, you should be able to pick up thai with not too much difficulty because lao and thai is very similar.

True. But if you learn Thai first then it is hard to know Lao. Some Thais in BKK have a hard time understanding Lao especially when they watch something from Isaan or Lao. That's why they have writing in Thai when they show someone speaking in Lao. I was blessed to be mixed.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
it aint da same for erybody. i learned thai first and found lao not dat difficult to understand. it's just hard for some and easy for others like w/ anything else

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
lol...yea i kno huh? majority in here is like mostly thais or mix....lol im an american guy too..lol i really want to learn thai..upin sept, i'll be going to UCLA, so i'm gonna take thai there...hope it's easy..lol

o n mien is kinda like hmong...we are like the two asian groups that no one's heard of...lol u can mostly tell someone's mien when their last name begins with a SAE, like SAEchao, or SAElee, sumthin like that...

for hmong peoples, moajorit kinda ends with the ANGs, like khANG, vANG, yAng...

oh hahaha okay then Thanks:]
well then i guess im hmong instead LMAO!!!

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
im russian , estonian , latvian, siberian, nigerian, morrocan, greek and a little justtttt a little thai and khmer B)

i can speak english, french and nordic german
wow, that's a lot.

i'm mostly khmer. chinese on my maternal and paternal side, but paternal side is closer. my dad said that his mom is malay cham. idk i've never met her nor seen her. well, i consider myself khmer since i've been raised in a khmer cultural family.

chngnsch

sarNie Juvenile
I'm full Mien with ancestors from China, Thailand, and Laos.
I know how to speak Mien, Thai, and English fluently.
I actually started understanding Thai when I was about 5 years old.
That's totally just like my situation and I live in the states.
In addition, I have half siblings who are Thai/Mien.
I speak Mien, Thai, English, and Japanese, but I also understand some Laos and Spanish.
Ha, but I can only write English, Japanese, and some Spanish.

anjos

I'm Hmong.... born in Thailand.... I can speak and understand thai.... but just can't read and write since I never went to school in thailand....

cath

sarNie Egg
I am laotian and vietnamese but i am pretty fluent in lao, Thai, french, and english...

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
i'm hmong 100%, but i understand thai, french, spanish, n of course english...also my native hmong language 222...but i was born in thailand b4 i came to the usa...yeah i'm still a thai citizen bcuz i haven't taken that us citizen test yet...

karen_moo

sarNie Adult
Ouu alot mien girls in here that can speak Thai too eh :)
I'm full MIEN! born & raised in cali, speaks/understands Mien, Thai, and English fluently.
and i can only understand Laos, its hard to speak in Laos ;(

And, yeah if you don't know what "MIEN" is.. in Thailand we're known as the "Yao" hill tribes.

sorry mongstaness, mien & hmong people are very different, especially background wise.

ice

sarNie Hatchling
I'm 75% Chinese and 25% Thai ...can barely speak Chinese but I can fluently speak Thai. Its due to my grandparents immigrating to Thailand so my parents grew up in Thailand.