What runs in your bloodline?

thaigirl

sarNie Hatchling
Wow, a lot of mixed and a lot of Laos here :) my best friend is Lao too. As for me, I'm full Thai and can speak Thai, French, English.

AzNpAnDa486

sarNie Juvenile
100% Thai. I can read, write, and speak it fluently.

Although people mistake me for Filipino, Hispanic, Hawaiian and when I'm in Thailand...they think I'm a lookrueng of some sort.

icebé

sarNie Egg
i'm half thai half swiss... but people say i totally look thai/asian, well how should i say it's cuz of my eyes and my hair what makes me look thai...
but it's funny how my sisters don't look asian but people easily can tell we're siblings (eventhough i do look thai and my siblings do look more european...) cuz of the face structure - 555, do i make any sense???!!...

oh, and by the way one of my grand grand grand fathers was malaysian...

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I'm full Mien with ancestors from China, Thailand, and Laos.
I know how to speak Mien, Thai, and English fluently.
I actually started understanding Thai when I was about 5 years old.
Kristy...I am everything you are...lolz...I started understanding and speaking Thai at the age of 4 and 5 as well.

dhan9

sarNie Adult
glad to know that we all share something similar
i am half chinese and half cambodian.
Khmer is my first language since i was born and brought up in there until i was 13 yrs old.
As for chinese, i know some basic mandarin and can speak and understand 30% of it and Cantonese 10%.
i started to learn thai now and wish that i'll have more time to learn, as for now i know like about 5% of thai.
and yeah english but not fluently i still got my khmer accent with me though.

xchandax

sarNie Egg
wow, this is sooooo crazy dat almost everybody in here mix with cambodian!!!!!!! :eek:
and i'm happy to hear dat because i'm 100% cambodian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

noungning

Heartless
i'm a mutt too lmfao. but i prefer to just say i'm lao, so much easier.

my grandma (mom side), vietnamese
my grandpa (mom side), thai
my dad's side is full lao hahah but he looks chinese but i've never inquire my dad's side so i'm not exactly sure, i've assumed he's full lao.

so i'm lao, viet, thai

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
HAHAH SAME HERE MONGSTANESS!!
IM HMONG! BUT AN AMERICAN GIRLO!
LOL
MAN! I SWEAR ALMOST EVERYBODII IN HERE ARE EITHER THAI OR HALF THAI!!
ENVIOUS!!!!
LOLZ..
IM TRYING TO LEARN THAI THOUGH BUT IT IS SOOO FREAKIN HARD!!
LMAO..=]

eDIT:: YEAH WHAT IS MIEN?!

yimwaan

sarNie Hatchling
I'm TBA- Thai Born American.
I'm 85% Thai with a 15% Dash of Chinese (but I just found out about the Chinese part a couple of years ago)

English is my primary language but I can speak thai fluently- or at least used to. But since I married someone chinese- I hardly get to speak it- so my thai has been going down the gutter lately. Hopefully my baby son will learn some Thai from me!

I have no idea what Mien is either. And I feel rather embarrassed to admit that.

AzNpAnDa486

sarNie Juvenile
i've never really met a Hmong or Malaysian in person. i have one Cambodian friend, and that's about it. one of my best friends is Laotian, and i speak to his parents in Thai (i feel like it's more polite). Where do all the Hmong and Malaysians live in Illinois? I know the Laotians all live in Elgin, but I'd really like to know where everyone else is....

The Thai people are all over and I know this cause my parents are involved in the various Thai Associations here. If my parents weren't in it, I'd think that there would only be like 5 Thai families in the Chicagoland area.

onahc

sarNie Elites
we're all related because we are all part black and it is the truth! my sistas and brothas, lol.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Mein is an ethnic group that can be found in Laos and Thailand. I think their are Mein in Myanmar too.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
HAHAH SAME HERE MONGSTANESS!!
IM HMONG! BUT AN AMERICAN GIRLO!
LOL
MAN! I SWEAR ALMOST EVERYBODII IN HERE ARE EITHER THAI OR HALF THAI!!
ENVIOUS!!!!
LOLZ..
IM TRYING TO LEARN THAI THOUGH BUT IT IS SOOO FREAKIN HARD!!
LMAO..=]

eDIT:: YEAH WHAT IS MIEN?!
lol...yea i kno huh? majority in here is like mostly thais or mix....lol im an american guy too..lol i really want to learn thai..upin sept, i'll be going to UCLA, so i'm gonna take thai there...hope it's easy..lol

o n mien is kinda like hmong...we are like the two asian groups that no one's heard of...lol u can mostly tell someone's mien when their last name begins with a SAE, like SAEchao, or SAElee, sumthin like that...

for hmong peoples, moajorit kinda ends with the ANGs, like khANG, vANG, yAng...