wat are u?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
i thought tayvada means god? correct me if i'm wrong tho... pra-poot ta jow is buddha, pra soohng are monks, but hmm i might be wrong.
I thought it did too but I'm starting to think maybe it means angel.
When my grandfather converted he started reading the Bible in Laotian and the word use for God is "Pra-Jow".
I remember this from my childhood too, when I had to sit with my mom to do her Bible study. Her English was miniumal at the time so the people in her group interpret it into Laotian, and the word for God that they use was also "Pra-Jow".
But if you're thinking tayvada and Theravada Buddhism is the same thing, it's not.
You gotta remember that Buddhism originated from India, the original Buddha was Indian.
Buddha never claimed to be a God of any sorts, he only offered a way of life, a philosophy, for those who cared to listen.
He was just trying to teach us that there's more to us than what we have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. Whether it be good or bad, this is just one life out of thousands. We could choose to hate, be angery, get jealous, etc. but why? when in the end none of it really matters or leads to anything greater. None of the material stuff we have, not even the intellect some people value is worth anything when we die because there's a higher knowledge out there, we just need to be open to it. When we do, we'll finally see what really matters.

The word Theravada translates to, "the Teaching of the Elders", or "the Ancient Teaching".
It's the oldest surviving Buddhist school, and said to be the closest to the Buddha's teachings.
By the way, Buddhism is considered a religion and a philosophy.