[Variety] Roommate Season 1&2

fun

Expired Sarnie
I believe that So Ra left because of Bom. Remember in the first episode, So Ra didn't really talk or interact with any of the members and wanted to leave the show until Bom showed up. Ga Yeon probably didn't want to have 2 new roommates so she decide to call it quit too. As for Shin Omma, it is kind of obvious through his twitter post that it is uncomfortable to have new roommates and that he gotten too close to the 3 girls that left. I guess that's the reality of the show, roommate comes and goes.  

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
The filming is so strange now. They hardly film at home anymore...

In episode 18, Ga Yeon was seen when everyone gathered at home at the end of the episode but it was like she wasn't even there. I know she's leaving but they didn't have to edit her appearance out. -_______- I just hope no one else leaves.

x0unerthanlater

So_obsessed said:
Looks like they will definitely be having a season 2. Season 1 was so good if they didn't have all that useless drama around Bom. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/sbs-roommate-to-start-season-2-with-a-re-branding-as-its-okay-roommate-cast-changes

I was wondering, are they doing a while new cast entirely for S2 or just replacing the ones that left?

p.s. the last 2 episode were just sad. It was like crickets. The only good thing was that LDW appeared more than he ever did on the show. Lol Ga Yeon was shown but was not even given "filming" time. They edited everything about her out about pretty much. We only "saw" her, but didn't hear much of her.

They didn't need to do a new season. All they had to do was just hire a new editing team because the editing sucks so bad it's so confusing as to when certain things happened. -_-

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
x0unerthanlater said:
I was wondering, are they doing a while new cast entirely for S2 or just replacing the ones that left?

p.s. the last 2 episode were just sad. It was like crickets. The only good thing was that LDW appeared more than he ever did on the show. Lol Ga Yeon was shown but was not even given "filming" time. They edited everything about her out about pretty much. We only "saw" her, but didn't hear much of her.

They didn't need to do a new season. All they had to do was just hire a new editing team because the editing sucks so bad it's so confusing as to when certain things happened. -_-

I think there just replacing the ppl that left. I'm sure that some of them didn't want to leave the show. even though a lot of ppl left, I think they will stay. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I find it stupid to have a second season. Why can't it still be Roommate the first season. When I think of season I think of it in terms of year. Just like how Running Man doesn't have a season. The Korean TV industry doesn't make much sense to me. 

The editing has gotten so much better in the past 5 episode but sadly there were a lot of dull moments and less interaction among the roommates. Se Ho and Nana love lines is really bringing down the show. I can't stand Se Ho any more. He's probably a great man but his jealousy is just beyond urgh. 

I believe SBS has a grudge against those who decided to leave the show, we hardly get to see them. Mama Shin was hardly in the last two episode. I am not so sure about today's episode but I am sure we won't be seeing any of him, So Ra, and Ga Yeon. I honestly don't care for Chan Yeol, he was hardly there so it isn't that shocking to not see him get any air time. 

They are filming with new members starting this week. 

x0unerthanlater

Just saw the "finale" for Season 1.... that was 45 mins in a rush. Idk why they invited Ruby when her visit was so short and the editing was weird... Hong Soo-Hyun also left... sad because she was seen the most... I think she left because most of the girls left. Nana is the only girl left from the original cast. Not sure how the new cast will be .... but they really did mean it when they said they were casting "older" Roommates.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
lol im glad nana, lee dong wook, min woo, kand joon, and se ho didn't leave. Although I dont like se ho that much he still one of the roommate family. Personally, I'm just really glad lee dong wook and Min Woo didnt leave. LOL I'm looking forward to the next season though. Maybe I'll be better than the first season. 

x0unerthanlater

I'm glad Lee Dong Wook didn't leave too, but then he'll be busy with his schedule again with Iron Man... but since the new season is about their personal lives and stuff, I hope we get to see him working.

I really liked the originaly cast... they had the perfect bond already... I'm going to miss seeing Shin Mama. He was my favorite Roommate.

I just hope the new family fits well with everyone.

So_obsessed

sarNie Egg

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I was surprised to see so many people are gone and there's going to be a new season too.  I think I stopped at around 6 or 7 there..

And.. omo omo omo... is G.O.D's leader in the new season?? :O

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
aikoden said:
I was surprised to see so many people are gone and there's going to be a new season too.  I think I stopped at around 6 or 7 there..

And.. omo omo omo... is G.O.D's leader in the new season?? :eek:

Yes, he's the leader of GOD. I cant wait for the new season maybe it'll be better than the first season and funner. Maybe ther rating will go up more. 

x0unerthanlater

I hope their ratings go up. Then we can see more of them!
It's going to be rather interesting to watch.
Se Ho left? hmmm I wonder why. I like him but his loveline with Nana was annoying...

So_obsessed

sarNie Egg
x0unerthanlater said:
I hope their ratings go up. Then we can see more of them!
It's going to be rather interesting to watch.
Se Ho left? hmmm I wonder why. I like him but his loveline with Nana was annoying...

I think I missed his name in the first article, but Se Ho is still there...here's an update on a new room pairing! 

Kang Jun with Jackson!!!! I'm looking forward to this! Jackson is so goofy, I hope he brings out more of Kang Jun's goofiness. He's passed on his maknae role to Jackson and he can now be a hyung. Plus, I read that Jackson will be cracking everyone up! If you haven't watch IGOT7, you should, and you'll love Jackson too lol his comedy and goofiness seems too genuine to fake.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/seo-kang-jun-and-got7s-jackson-pair-up-as-roommates-for-season-2

x0unerthanlater

So_obsessed said:
I think I missed his name in the first article, but Se Ho is still there...here's an update on a new room pairing! 

Kang Jun with Jackson!!!! I'm looking forward to this! Jackson is so goofy, I hope he brings out more of Kang Jun's goofiness. He's passed on his maknae role to Jackson and he can now be a hyung. Plus, I read that Jackson will be cracking everyone up! If you haven't watch IGOT7, you should, and you'll love Jackson too lol his comedy and goofiness seems too genuine to fake.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/seo-kang-jun-and-got7s-jackson-pair-up-as-roommates-for-season-2

Say whaaaaat? They split Min Woo and Kang Jun up? I wonder why... they've been acting distant in the last few episodes though... Something must've happened. Well, I'm glad Kang Jun will have a new friend. I think he's funny and has a great personality. I'm stoked for S2!

Kikichue1 said:
@x0unerthanlater I dont think Se Ho left. Did he say he was going to leave?

Oh, I might've been mistaken. @So_obsessed, mentioned that he still is. So I guess he is.

dariey

sarNie Adult
never know this thread was exist.just got to put my words here.prev season i stop watching when there was no longer bom.i know i'm not being fair enough to other family members but i can't help it when my fav girl no longer there.for me bom is like the one who make the family became more lively with her wittiness and carefree.really miss her in variety more after this.
as for this new season, i got to say youngji brought me back to watch roommate again.her innocent and soundless laugh just too cute to be handle.add also the lively jackson.hope the rating will be higher after this since the starting episode was decent.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ah I still havent seen the last episode of season 1.

Anyway the rating went up and actually the highest they received. It was 6 point something percent. Hopefully it continues that way but it will be tough to beat Superman is Back and Real Men. SIB has been on a role thanks to the addition of the triplets.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
The new episode is defiantly lively. I can tell this season it's going to be funnier. I didn't like the casting for season too but I judge too quick lol I'm a little impatient sometimes. The new episode change my perspective. I like it. It's going to be interesting.