To have you in this life

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Mario Maurer as Matthew Kenneth
Mint Chalida as Munmien Pannarath
Chapter 1
2015 January 30th
30,000 ft above the ground on the way to the Thailand

Matt looks out the window and saw the plane fast approaching the Suvarnabhumi Airport. He has mixed feelings. He always has this sense of detached feeling whether it is place or people since the day from 16 years ago. That day, his mom, the most important person in his life died along with his warm and happy childhood. If not for a diary he stole from his childhood rival, he would not survive till now.

1996 January 7th
He was pale, thin like a stick and  Luk khrueng. His neighborhood was filled with healthy looking native kids. His mom works long hours and he never knows of his father or even a figure one. Even though his mom seems tired and he looks under nutritious, he has his mom's love aside from the frequent bullying from the neighborhood kids until the day the middle school reopens.
Her name was Munmien or in short Mien. She was 2 years younger than him but a little taller than him and has always looked vibrant.
"You lukkhreung stick"
"Did you call me?"
"Yes, you. What's your name?"
"My name is Matthew and I'm two years older than you so call me P."
"Why should I? I'm an only child and I don't remember having an older sibling."
"Whatever. Why did you call me? Do you have any business with me?"
"Yes. Someone sticks a paper on your back."
"Thank you."
"Do you get bullied often?"
"Sometimes, not always"
"From now on, you're under my protection."
Matt wanted to laugh. The kids who bully him were strong and the girl who said would protect him was a little girl 2 years younger than him. He may not be strong but he's still a man and he won't hide under a skirt.
"Thank you but no need."
"Ok. Then see you, Matt."
The girl then left with a smirk. He then had an urge to know her name.
"Hey, what's your name?"
"Munmien or you can call me Mien."
The announcement that plane is about to land interrupted his thoughts. Munmien, the girl who irritated him for 3 years in his childhood was also the girl who he looks forward to meeting again after 16 years.

Present day
"What? Fired?"
"I've been working for 4 years as assistant to you, working like a dog and you want to fire me? On what ground?"
"Come on. You're an assistant to a fashion magazine editor but have you looked at yourself in the mirror recently? You looks like an old lady."
"That's because.."
Mien has nothing to say. How can she say that because of her family's debts, most of her salary went to the debtors and she doesn't have enough money to buy fashionable clothes or beautify herself? But she really needs this job. And it's hard to find another job with 4 years assistant resume. She was wrong to think that no one will want to server her devil editor Wine who wants nothing but perfect for her work.
"I'll pay for 3months advance salary and.."
Before Wine finished her sentence, there was a knock on the door and a gorgeous looking girl younger than Mien's age entered.
"Her name is Thanya and she'll be my assistant starting tomorrow. Leave your unfinished works with her and carefully explain them to her before you leave. You can go."
It was always Wine's habit, only caring about her business and Mien knows that she can't argue anymore. What a way to get fired!
When her gambling addicted father passed away, he left a huge debt for her and she has a pair of old grandparents living in the countryside depending on her and their measly pensions. How can she and her grandparents survive with 3 months salary until she finds another job? How can she pay the interests for her debts? She has a headache and decided to drown her worries and sorrows in alcohol tonight at her best friend's bar.
"P'Matt, I'm here."
Matt is here to meet his half sibling, Natt. Natt is 6 years younger than him and a beautiful obedient daughter to his dad.
"P'Matt, are you sure you aren't meeting with dad?"
"Why should I? When did he ever try to meet me?"
Natt thought the father and son are both arrogant and stubborn, not willing to give into each. Natt decided to give up on persuading her older brother and listens to the live performance on stage.
"You cruel Woman, you worked me to death and fired me like this. Go to hell."
Suddenly there was a drunk woman shouting the blurry curses. Her outburst even overwhelms the performance.
"MUNMIEN, it's fine if you want drink and drown your sorrow. Don't shout nonsense in my bar."
It was Top who is also Mien's classmate in university and her best friend. Top promised Mien than she can drink whenever and whatever at his bar when he first opened it and he is regretting his promise right now.
But the name Munmien attracted Matt's attention the most. Is it just a coincidence that the day after he came back, he got to meet her again? He decided they are fated in this life and it is his fortune to have her in this life.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 2
"I'm sorry. I'll try to be quiet from now but I got to go to bathroom right now."
Mien got up staggeringly and made her way to the bathroom and Matt decided to follow her. Natt thought her brother is acting strangely. He was never interested in women no matter how beautiful the opposite gender looks. So she sometimes wonder if he's a gay but he's following a drunk woman. But she thought it's not her business whoever he likes. She'll be happy for him.
Mien vomited all the contents out of her stomach. It was her fault drinking on an empty stomach. Her consciousness is slipping away and she decided to ask Top to call her a cab.
"AH. Look where you are going."
Mien run into Matt outside the toilet. She thought he smells so nice and his hands are strong and comfortable. Way to comfortable that she fell asleep.
"Hey, wake up. Mien. Mien. Mango. wake up."
Matt gave up on waking up Mien and took her to his car. He doesn't know her address so decided to take her to the hotel.
16 years ago
"Hey,You sticky lukkhreung."
"How many times I have to tell you to call me P?"
"P' sticky lukkhreung."
"Don't call me like that. My name is Matthew. You can call me Matt."
"I don't want to. I want to call you with nickname. Let me think. You look pale and sticky like a candle. So P'candle it is."
Matt was angry but Mien looked so serious and he didn't hate her calling him candle too. Moreover, she's the first one who tries to befriend him. No one likes poor and cold kid like him. And he feels a little warm and excited with him.
"Then I'll call you with nickname too. You are so irritating but other people like you easily just like young mango. So Mango it is."
"P' candle, can you tutor me?"
"Why should I?"
"I'm bad at math and science. I just moved to Chiang Mai and I don't know others who can tutor me. Don't worry it won't be free."
"Are you buying me with money? Dream on."
 "What if I'll treat you lunch from now on.  I heard you're the first in the whole grade and you even skipped a grade to. I'm begginng you na na."
Matt thought Mien looked so cute and her beautiful eyes are begging him like an adorable puppy.
"Ok. Deal."
That day from then, he didn't need to fill his stomach with tap water for lunch. Mien was always responsible for his lunch.
At present
Mien, did you know how grateful he was for those lunches? He glanced at the sleeping Mien beside him. She was wearing glasses too big for her face. He told himself "Don't worry, Mien. You'll never suffer injustice again in this life. I'll be there for you."
The receptionist at the most famous hotel in Bangkok has seen different kinds of people come and go so it's not a strange thing when a good-looking handsome checks-in with messy clothing unconscious woman.
"I want the most expensive suite you can offer."
"Alright. Mr. Your card and id, please."
The receptionist looked up the id and the last name Kenneth surprises him."
"This way, Sir."
The Kenneth group owns the property of half of Bangkok and their other businesses are also in boom.
Matt laid Mien gently on the bed and he searched through her handbag to know more about her. He then gave a call.
"I want to know all the details about Munmien Pannarath. Social ID.XXX as soon as possible."
Matt then took a shower. The suite has a bar and a medicine cabinet. He searched for the pain killer. He came back into the bedroom with medicine and water. He took off her ugly glasses. The shadow that her long lashes cast on her cheek makes him smile. Why is wearing these ugly clothes? She's still his beautiful mango. The one that is the power for his success and the one he longs to meet. "Mango, from now on, no one will lay a hand on you and force you to do anything you don't want."
The next day
Mien woke up from sunlight shining softly through the blinds. She has never slept on a bed this soft so she thought she is still in the dream. She pinched her cheeks. She is awake and in a suite so large and classic. She checks her clothes. Everything is fine. How did she get here?
"You're awake?"
Suddenly there was a handsome walking into the bedroom. He's handsome, more handsome than those models she worked with. He bends his waist to her eyes level. Oh my, his eyes look so watery and dreamy.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Matt."
"Matt?"
"Yes. I'm also the one who brought you here from the bar."
"Oh. Thank you. Do I need to pay for the hotel fees? You really didn't need to bring me to this high end place."
"No need."
"Then what do you want?"
"Will  you be my girlfriend?"
Mien thought the handsome man is crazy. If not, who'd propose like that?
"Mien. It's nice to see you again."

sarNie Adult
Wow! I love how this started! And I like how Matt is an overall nice guy though I can sense he'll be a bit tough to deal with later!  :wink:

On a side note, as a public service announcement, i want to say that it's bad to drink paracetamol when drunk because it can damage the kidneys. I think you have to wait for a while before you can drink paracetamol after intake of alcohol so the effect wouldn't be as bad. 

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh so many Mint Mario FF, I don't know which one to start reading first.  You girls are awesome (everyone writing Mint/Mario duo FF), now I have something to looking forward to since TSL is over.  :bravo:

tgamber

sarNie Adult
The overdose of paracetamol happens when you have large doses and its  main purpose is pyretic. Or you can always use other strong analgesics.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 3
Mien determined not to argue with a fool and wrote down her phone number, address and bank account.
"I'll pay you back later for sure. Right now I've to go. Thank you for taking care of me last night. Have a nice day. Khun Matt."
Before she left.
"Do you need a lift?"
"No. Thank you."
Matt decided not to follow her. No matter where she goes, from now on he'll always be there for her.
"Ding"
His phone got a message that all Mien's info was sent to his mail. He checks through his mail.
Munmien Pannarath, 26 years old. Her dad died. Her mother ran away in her first year at high school. Aside from her grandparents, no other relatives. Her best friend, Top Rattanawad. Her 20 million bahts debt. Her debtor is her father's best friend. She was paying her debt's interest. If can't repay all her debts in 2 years, she has to marry the debtor's son who is a ruffian. What? What kind of clause is that? And she recently got fired from her editor's assistant job. The reason is her editor wanted to give good-for-nothing neice a job.
So his mango has been living this kind of life. Every one bullying and forcing her to do. He feels angry and sad.
"Ransel, call the debtor and arrane a meeting. I'll repay all her debts and interests. And inform all the companies in Bangkok not to hire her. Buy the apartment complex she's living. I want to move in her next door."

Inside Munmien's apartment
All the weariness disappeared after she showered. Mien wonders why didn't she have headaches. She normally get one after heavy drinks. Mien then swith on her laptop to look up for the jobs openings.
At the time, she can hear furniture moving sound from the elevator to her next door. Her next door has always been empty. This apartment complex rooms were not large but in a safe neighborhood. A girl living in BKK alone needs to pay attention to the safety most. What if her nextdoor neighbor is a gangster or a stalker?
At the time, there was a knock at her door. Mien hesitated for a while and opened the door. Matt stands there wearing a gentle smile.
"Hi! I'm moving into that apartment and I thought it'd be great to inform you."
Indeed she has a stalker following her. But wait, for an ugly duckling like her, having a stalker this handsome is not normal. Unless, this man is crazy.
"And this is the breakfast. I know since you left the hotel, you haven't had a thing. Let's eat together."
"Hey, I haven't invited you."
Matt chose to ignore Mien and forcedly entered into the apartment. Her apartment is small for him like a rat hole. Has she been living here?
"I didn't know what you like so I brought both porridege and American breakfast."
The last time Mien had a nice breakfast was when her grandparents came BKK for medical check-up. Mien is hungry enough not to reject a delicious smelling meal. They sat down at the coffee table.
"Oh, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Munmien."
"I know."
"How did you know?"
"I looked up your ID card last night."
Mien thought for a guy nice enough to bring her to hotel but not slept with her, she shouldn't be angry at him.
"You don't need to look for another work. From now on, I'll be responsible for your life."
Mien was surprised that the crazy guy knows she was fired. And he has a smirk on his face. He looks familiar but she doesn't remember where she has seen him.
"How did you know I'm jobless?"
"And don't worry about the debt and interests."
"What? Who are you really? How did you know all of this?"
"You don't need to look so surprised. After the breakfast, I'll take you to your grandparents' home in Chiang Mai. So go get changed."
Mien hasn't even processed how did the crazy handsome guy know all of her. She heard him say they are going to Chiang Mai and she realized he must have known her when they were kids. Even though he acted strange and willful, he isn't an opportunistic nor swindler. She also misses her grandparents. Why not she takes up the free travel expense opportunity the guy gives? In the meantime, on the way there maybe she will know who he really is.

On the way to the Chiang Mai
"Name?"
"I've already told you Matthew."
"Family name?"
"Kenneth."
"Have you ever been to Chiang Mai? Have we met before?"
"Yes, I've been to Chiang Mai and we've met before."
Mien thinks till her head explode but she can't seem to remember him. While Mien is busy recalling, Matt is happy from his heart for Mien's interest of him.
"Are your grandparents still living at the farm?"
"Yes, they are."
Judging he knows her grandparents, is he a friend of her grandparents but he looks young. Not much older than her.
"What will you do for me if I repay your debts for me?"
"What? No need."
"With your current situation, I doubt you will be able to repay it till your 28th."
"How did you know this clause?"
"Will you be my girlfriend if I repay your debts? Na na"
"Are you looney?"
Matt thinks she's so cute bickering with him. And being with her makes him remember the time when his life is filled with warmth and happiness. She makes him feel like home. Such feelings he's sure won't let go in this life time.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 4
Thinking about Mr. looney besides her and the classical music playing make Mien sleepy. Before long, she doze off into sleep.
Matt remembers when they were kids, she was a sleepyhead too.

16 years ago
"Here if you can't remember the multiplication tables, how can you solve this problems? Memorize it first."
Matt hasn't finished talking but Mien has already fallen asleep. He knows Mien is not stupid but just lazy.
"Mien. Mien. Mango. Wake up. The exam is in a week. You can't sleep. If you fail, I won't tutor you again."
The threat of him not tutoring her makes Mien wide awake.
"P'Candle. Don't be angry. Can you recite multiplication tables? I'm too lazy to read."
Matt decided to compromise and recite the multiplication tables.
"P'Candle. I've never seen you study but you always knows things and is first. Can you tell me how can I be like you?"
"I'm born as a genius."
"Khun boastful."
Their tutoring section afternoon was in the garden. Mien's grandpa was a government official and Mien's grandma was a music teacher. Her parents lived in BKK and only came back during public holidays. Their tutoring section was provided with drinks and sweets. Also Mien's favorite, Mango.

Present
Recalling those sweet memories, Matt didn't notice they have already entered Chiang Mai. The most favorite place in this world for him even when he has seen more beautiful places in this world.
"Mien. Mien. Wake up. If you won't, I'll kiss you."
Mien wanted to stay asleep. His car is too comfortable but his threat is too scary. Mien opened her eyes and sees they are really at their grandparents' garden. Her grandparents, after retiring from their respective jobs,  only look after the garden with a few of the workers, just enough for the two's expense. But it is her haven. Whenever she came back, she will always feel that all her problems can be solved and she was grateful that she has them.
"Grandpa, Grandma, Mien come back."
Mien shouted loud enough for them to hear throughout the house but didn't get a reply. Mien gets worried and went up the house in a swift. The house is in disarray just like someone has robbed.  The furniture were upside down. Was there a robbery? Mien's eyes then went to the calendar. Today is the day she needs to pay interests. Was the debtor here?
Mien then checked every rooms and found her grandparents in their bedroom. The two looks peaceful in their sleep. Mien then went closer, call them to wake up from the sleep shaking them. But the two won't wake up no matter how many times. Her grandparents passed away. The still warm bodies make Mien refusing to accept it. They were her only relatives in this world. Without them, she is no different from an orphan. They were her light, power and everything for her.
Matt saw Mien crying her heart out and he embraced her in an attempt to console her.
"Don't cry. They are good people. It's just their time's up for them to go to better place."
Matt wanted Mien to stop crying. But he knows he can't. After all, she grew up with her grandparents. But every tear of Mien is like a stab to his heart. And he has a speculation that things are not as it seems. It doesn't matter, he will be there to protect Mien.

Funeral
Mien's grandparents were respective elders in the village. The funeral is filled with all kinds of people. Mien sitting at the corner looks like soulless corpse. Her pale face makes Matt alarms when will she collapse. Matt thinks it's better Mien to lose consciousness then she won't feel hurt awake.
"Mien, it's time for the meal."
Mien in a daze, got up and took the trays. She then gently knocks the coffins.
"Grandpa, Grandma. It's time for the meal."
Mien then went back to her corner but her stream of tears won't stop. Matt rather wants her to cry  out loud but the silent tears are just so painful. While Mien lost the ability to cope the surroundings, the responsibility for the funeral falls upon Matt. Matt did all the arrangement and the greetings to the different guests. The guests speculate how a stranger is arranging the funeral and thought he is Mien's boy friend but Matt is too dashing to be with th plain and sorta ugly looking Mien.
"Mien, what do you want to do with the ashes?"
"I want to go to sea and spread them."
"Sea?"
"Yes. Although they like to do gardening, they like the sea the most. They had their honeymoon there."
"Okay. I'll drive. Go pack some clothes."
"Thank you. Thank you for everything. Matt"
Mien just registered that her grandparents died but by the time she recover from the shock, everything has been perfectly completed. She knows if not for Matt, her grandparents won't have such a nice funeral. She feels grateful from the deepest of her heart. Even though they had not known for long, Matt gives her the feeling of safety and Mien knows he is the one that can be depended. He makes her feel she's not alone in this world even without her grandparents. Exactly who is this stranger who came into her life so forcefully yet makes her flutter with every creepy gestures of his?

At the beach
"Where do you want to spread the ashes? From a cliff? or shall I hire a boat?"
"Can you please help me  hire a boat? I want to see the sea clearly before I say final goodbyes."
After the ashes were spread, on the way back to the seaside, Mien fainted in Matt's arms. Matt gently carried Mien to the hotel room. In the short time they reunited, Mien has lost consciousness twice in his arms. Matt wondered how Mien has lived till now without getting taken advantage. Matt then reconsiders Maybe she trusts him unconsciously. The thought brings Matt a gentle smile. He may be a devil for the rest of the world but he will be the prince charming, dark knight and white knight for her. As she is everything to him, he will be everything for her.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 5
Mien woke up in the late evening. She was in a cute bungalow facing the sea. The interior was a combination of classic and seaside themes.
"You are awake? Get up and let's go have dinner. I heard this hotel has nice seafood."
"How come I am here?"
"It is already twice you are in my hotel room. Come on. I'll tell you later. Go get a shower. So you'll feel refreshed. I will be waiting at the dining hall."
Mien then got up and had a shower. She then recalled how she said her goodbyes and how she got dizzy and fainted. When Mien got to the restaurant, there are not many people aside from the foreigners and rich locals as it is not a traveling season. Matt is sitting beside a window facing the sea. It is undeniable that all the girls in the dining room are attracted to him and wondering who is he waiting for.
"Mien, here."
Matt then saw her and gave a wave. The girls were surprised the charming prince is waiting for an ugly duckling.
"I've ordered some food before. If you want, you can order more. I remember you like Prawns the most."
"Thank you."
Mien then look closely at Matt. What is his motive? Why is he so good to her?
"Matt, I'm thankful for all the things. But I want to know the motive behind you helping me like this. I know there's no free lunch in this world. What do you want?"
"I want you to be my girlfriend."
"Do you want to die?"
Matt then laughs out loud. Then with a serious face.
"I want you to give me a week of your time."
"A week? Why?"
"I want you to relax and enjoy."
Mien then ponders for a while.
"Ok. A week it is. But you can't touch me."
"Don't worry. I won't. I'm not an easy guy. I'm not interested in any girl."
"So are you a gay?"
Mien was surprised so her voice was a little loud and nearby girls from the tables have heard her voice and they concluded it's plausible explanation why their  prince charming is sitting with Mien.
Matt got up and whispered in Mien's ear.
"No. I'm not gay. I'm not interested in any girl but you."
His seductive voice Mien blushed. Mien then wonders how will she survive a week with this alive version of David. All with his teasing, sparkly eyes and his manly scents.

At night, Matt was reminiscing how Mien's blush looks adorable. How she lowers her eyes whenever he puts food in her plate and says thank. He then gives a call to his assistant Ransel.
"Ransel, I won't be taking any work and call for a week. And the meeting with the debtor you just go and clear instead of me. Don't let them pester her anymore. How far is the investigation about Mien's grandparents' death?"
"Not much. Even though there were lots of traces and fingerprints left behind. It's hard to determine murderer's."
Ransel then jokingly said.
"It's not America so there's no security camera surrounding the area."
"Are you an idiot? If there's no camera, search the eye witnesses. Don't you have brain?"
Ransel heard his boss's angry scolding so he obediently replied.
"Yes, boss."
Matt then hanged up the phone. Mien doesn't seem like she noticed the unnatural death of her grandparents. He wanted to hide the truth for a short time before she is ready to accept. He swears the murderer won't have a good ending when he finds out. Anyone dares to touch Mien will feel the wreath of the devil like him. Until then, he is looking forward to spending a week with Mien.

In the Mien's bungalow
Mien knows Matt is a rich second generation who has lots of free time and money. Even though she knows a poor girl and a rich guy stories, she is still looking forward to spending a week with him. Regardless  of his looks, Matt is the first guy to treat Mien like a girl. And it's always nice to have a good friend like Top. Mien then remembered she hasn't called to Top since the night at the bar.
"Hello. Top."
"You Mien is the friend who worries me to death. You disappeared like a thin air after being a lousy drunk. Where are you? What happened? Are you ok?"
"Slow down. There are lots of things happened. I'm now at the beach. My grandparents passed away. But I'm ok now."
"What? Such a big thing happened and you won't give me a call? Tell it from the beginning so I can understand."
Mien then recounted what happened to her in this last week.
"O.M.G. You've met your future hubby?"
Top's excitement can be heard in his voice.
"No. He's not. He's a nice rich stranger that I've met when I was drunk. Like a sun shower. He will then disappear leaving bits and pieces of traces."
"But he still gives you rainbow, rt? Don't assume it yourself and be sure of it. From what you've said, I can analyze he's genuine and he cares a lot about you."
Even though Top is not a gay, Mien can always spill all her guts. He understands Girls' mind better than her and their friendship is platonic.
"Mien, I know you consider yourself as ugly but you aren't. It's not a strange thing if he's interested in you. Don't close your heart. I also know you're allergic and have prejudice against riches. Don't put all the riches in one class. I advice you to get to know him better."
"Thank you. It's late and I'm going to bed. Good Night na ja. Friend"
"Good night."
Mien lying in the bed, she is thinking of Top's words. Don't close my heart and Get to know the guy. It's easier said than done when Mien has no romantic experience. Top, you makes me confused about this stranger.

Side story 1
Natt lost contact Matt for a week. She wants to know whether he will go back or if not she will persuade him to reconcile with their dictator father. She decided to go the bar last time they went together as the first place.
This place sure is nice. It gives people relaxed and from the bartender to waiter, all looks polite. She then found the guy who scolded the drunk woman and decided to ask him.
"Khun. Khun."
"What can I do for you?"
"I'm looking for my brother."
"Do I know him or do I look like him?"
"What do you mean?"
"Your pick-up line is repetitive. I'm not interested to date anyone right now."
Natt was angry, the guy thinks she is interested in him.
"For a face like you, I won't take it even it's free."
"Khun, how are you so sure? Will you try first then decide?"
Natt tries to calm down and asks him again.
"My brother's name is Matt. He came with me last week and disappeared following your drunk friend."
"I don't remember seeing him nor knowing him."
Top then turned away hiding his mischievous smile. He didn't lied he didn't remember what Matt looks like and he wasn't introduced properly. Moreover, he wanted to tease the girl tracking her brother and he knows she'll return here when she can't find him. He's looking forward another bickering with her.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Oh! Im enjoying this ^^^ update soon !!

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 6
Matt woke  up with a smile on his face. He had a very good dream last night. In his dream, Mien agreed to be his girlfriend and he proposed her with grand gestures. The smile on Mien's lips when she said yes was sweet like cane sugar. All he needs to do is make his dream become reality. He then went to Mien's adjacent bungalow. He bribed the receptionist for Mien's room key.
"Mien. Mien. Wake up."
The sleepyhead Mien is still asleep as usual. The long curvy hair looks unruly and attractive complementing her long face. Little Mien had short curvy hair and always looked mischievous but loved by everyone.
"Wake up or not I'll rape you."
Upon hearing Matt's threat, Mien got up immediately.
"Don't you have other threat? It's getting old."
"Get up. Today I'm gonna give you a makeover."
"I don't remember needing one."
"You don't need but I want to show the rest of the world how pretty you are."
"But I don't care."
"But I hate those who look down on you and fired you because of your look. I want to show them you how beautiful you are inside out and makes them regret for looking at things skin deep."
"But.."
"No but. You gave me a week. I won't make you do immoral or unlawful things. I just want you to be happier."
Mien looks at Matt's eyes which is genuinely wanting to make her happy. Her grandparents also used to look at her with those eyes saying how much they love her.
"Alright. As you wish."
The place Matt then took Mien is the high end saloon in Phuket. This place only accepts VIPs and foreigners only.
"What can I do for you?"
The shop assistant has a look at Matt who pretty much says a rich handsome guy.
"I want her to have a haircut. Don't try to straighten her hair but I want all the treatments available and spa too."
"Khun ka, we only provide top-notch services so each treatment can be quite expansive."
Matt then brings out a card and passes it to the assistant. The assistant eyes widened instantly and her attitude became extremely polite.
"Come this way please. Khun Poo Ying."
Matt then take a look at his watch and asks
"How long will it take?"
"About 6 hours for all treatment."
"Okay. Also take care of her meal and I'll be back later."
Mien is a little scared of Matt leaving her at a saloon. What if he doesn't come back?
"Matt, are you leaving me here?"
Matt suddenly kisses Mien's right hand and looks her in the eyes.
"Don't worry. I will never leave you. I will be back in a while. Stay here and let me be your fairy godmother today."
His warm lips make Mien's hand feels like electrocuted. It felt numb and makes Mien's heart race.
After 6 hours of cutting, waxing, massaging and spa, Mien feels like all the bones in her body has melt. Still she feels refreshed. When Mien finally got out of spa room, Matt was waiting for her with a bag.
Matt's attracting all the attention from female customers and hairdressers. But his stoic face and cold eyes make them scared to come near him. Then Matt saw Mien and his face was lit up with an instant smile.
"Mien, change into these. We'll then go the temple."
Mien has a look at the clothes. The dress is short-sleeved and over knee length but a little tight, hugging all her curves and giving off chic and casual vibe.
"You mean going to the temple wearing this?"
"Or we can go to the sea with a yacht."
Mien suddenly wanted to laugh. This guy, perfect in everything but he really doesn't know the suitable dress and place.
"Don't you have a girlfriend before? How can you be this clueless?"
"I never had one but I'll only have one in this life which is you."
Their little banter is heard by all the customers in the saloon and they look at Mien with envious and jealous eyes. Mien can't seem to break away from Matt's seductive eyes which is making her forget the rest of the world.
"You are crazy."
Mien used all her mental strength left to break away from Matt's eyes and run into the changing room. Mien then tries to calm down her heart and thought If Matt is a player, Mien will not be surprised if no girl gets away from him.
They then went to the nearby water-market to try the street stalls. The handsome Matt with beautiful Mien is attracting all the passerbys with their outstanding looks. They were like a gold branch and jade leaf in vendors' eyes.

At Bangkok
While Mien and Matt were having their fun time in Phuket, James Kannath(Matt's dad) is having a meeting with his business rival regarding the coming engagement of Matt and Thanya.
"Are you sure Matt will agree to engage?"
Khun Phuchit is a little anxious for the engagement. Matt has always been a rebel and famous for arrogant and ruthless.
"Don't worry, he will. If not, he will not inherit my business or rather I won't give him a baht."
James Kannath has always wanted Thakrit's group. He intends to get it through Matt's marriage with Thanya. On the other hand, Khun Phuchit has always wanted Kannath group's backing.
With them are Natt Kannath, Thanya Thakrit and Prinarat Thakrit. The same age Natt and Thanya are always competing in everything but Thanya has been secretly in love with Matt since Matt came back the first time abroad. Prinarat was also in love with Natt but Natt doesn't even give a glance at him.
Thanya is happy she got to marry Matt but Natt is thinking of ways to render the engagement. But Natt knows her brother is not easy to control and he won't agree easily. So she is happily waiting for the day Matt will make Thanya's thick-face ashamed.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 7
It has been 6 days Matt and Mien is in Phuket. Everyday, they will go to the famous attractions or go to scuba diving. Mien is recovered from the sorrow of her grandparents' death. They get along well aside from the first day they came back from the market.
Mien discovered all her clothes were burnt by Matt and replaced with his brand clothes.
"Who gives you permission to burn my clothes?"
"Are those clothes for wearing? I thought they were dirty dishcloth so I burnt them. Besides I even bought some clothes as a compensation."
"Khun Matt, don't be too much."
But Mien knows she has no choice but to wear them. They were all brand clothes even the underwear and bikini at least costing hundreds of dollars.
"Oh, I bought bikinis in accordance with my taste. Hope you don't mind."
Matt said with a wink. Matt really wanted to see Mien's pink cheek whenever he did or said something with a purpose. Mien then curses
"Your Pervy!"
On the 7th day
There was a knock on the door in the early morning so Matt thought Mien woke up early and is here to wake him up. He wanted to tease Mien or rather wanted to see Mien blushes. So he didn't put on the shirt and with a towel around his waist, he opened the door.
"Morning ka, P'Matt."
At the door was Thanya who tracked him down using her father's company connections. He was annoyed that she came to interrupt his vacation with Mango.
"Why are you here?"
"I'm here for vacation as well. Will you take me around?"
Matt has known Thanya since she was 12, this girl even though looks gentle and caring outside, she is another spoiled rich heiress. She always wear perfume which gives him headache unlike Mien's smell. He can't stand next to Thanya even a minute.
"I don't want you here. Go back."
Matt then turn away from the smelly heiress but he didn't think Thanya would come into the room. She then hugged her tightly from behind making him unable to shake her off.
"P'Matt is so mean. You know I've loved you since young but you always treat me coldly."
At that moment, Mien was at the door and misunderstood the two of them.
"I'm sorry."
As soon as Mien apologized, she went back to her room and started packing her things. Mien has always known Matt is a rich playboy but at that moment, Mien felt she was lost. The feeling that all the surroundings are in in blur and her eyes got tear up without reason.
"No need to cry. You've always known what kind of person he is. Forget about this last two weeks." Mien convinced herself. Matt's sun shower has really got her drenched.
At that time
In the Matt's room, Matt isn't lenient anymore and pushed Thanya onto the floor. Because of her, Mien misunderstood him and it'll be a lot harder to convince Mien that he was serious about pursuing her. He also hated Thanya for touching him. He hated people touching him without his permission.
"P'Matt, why are you so cruel to me? We're engaged and getting married soon."
"Who says you and I are engaged? I've never accepted nor acknowledged one."
"But your father said.."
"Listen carefully, 1. I will never marry you in this life. 2. I will never love you in this life and 3. I hate people touching me without my permission."
Without anything more to say, Matt run to the Mien's bungalow to explain the whole situation. But Mien has left leaving a note.

"Thank you for everything. I've loads of fun in this last two week but hope we will not cross paths in the future."

Matt is angry that Thanya makes the misunderstanding but he's more anxious where to find Mien. He was really happy for the first time in last 16 years and he thought Mien and he had mutual affections. Was he one-sided? Where can he find her?
He then considers asking his father's help but he knows as soon as he asks something from  his dad, he needs to give something in return. He finally decided to call his partner, Hansel to track down Mien's location.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Chapter 8
Mien is heartbroken for the first time in her life. No matter how much she lies herself, deep down she knows she has fallen for Matt. With nowhere to go and no one besides her, Mien then decided to go back to Chiang Mai.
Her village in Chiang Mai has always been her safe haven even though her grandparents have passed away. Matt has arranged the workers in the garden by assigning them different types of trees. Even in her safe haven, Matt has successfully invaded within such a short amount of time. Mien then went to the hidden garden where she used to do her homework. She then reminiscent all those happy childhood memories.
She remembers used to have a senior called P'Candle. P'Candle was an introvert, likes to stay quiet, excels in the academics, looks under-nutrition and often got bullied. She has always has this sense to help  the weak so she deliberately irritate him to befriend him. She brought lunch in exchange for the tutoring and sometimes brought eggs and milk from her grandparents farm if his mother fell ill. She protected him from bullying even fighting with the other boys one-on-one. But after 3 years, P'Candle has disappeared from her life and stole her beloved diary. And all she knew was his father brought him back to Bangkok and soon P'Candle's mother passed away too.
Mien has a habit of writing down all her thoughts and happenings so she can recount them when her mother came back on holidays. The way P'Candle disappeared is similar to that hateful Matt.
"I hate you. P'Candle. Why would you disappear without leaving a trace. I also hate you for stealing my  diary."
"Do you really hate me?"
Suddenly there was a voice behind the mango tree and Matt came out from the hiding.
"Why are you here? And what do you mean I hate you?"
"Mango, Don't you really remember P'Candle?"
Mien then realized Matt is her P'Candle. But her P'Candle was pale, thin and always quiet. And Matt is tall, strong and rich. If he is her P'Candle, what's his purpose for feeding her, buying her clothes and offering to repay her debts? Is he here to repay her kindness or to revenge her for irritating him?
"You hateful P'Candle. You stole my diary and disappeared without saying goodbye. What are you doing here?"
"Don't you know? I did steal your diary but you stole my heart 16 years ago and I'm here to steal your heart."
"What did you say? You petty thief."
Mien got mad and rushed to hit him but Matt was stronger and pulled her fists closer. Their faces were inches apart and Matt suddenly kissed her on the lips. Mien was overwhelmed with the domineering kiss with a hint of sweetness. Matt then hugged her tightly and whispered
"I'm here to steal your heart. Are you sure you're guarding it well?"