This shows why I think America is backwards sometimes

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I just found out about this today and it's so freakin ridiculous I don't even know whether to be mad or laugh.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610240001

Read the article for yourself and see if you can guess why I'm mad. There are so many things I want to say but really, people need to wake up, do their research, and stop listening to other people. This guy said there's no guarantee that stem cell research will help cure paralysis and other such diseases. Yet I don't see him offering alternatives. You know, I hate being political and you'll probably see me talk about two sides to every issues, but sometimes I can't help but forced to admit it. Conservative Republicans are idiots.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Man marduk.. I never knew you were an anti-religious, anti-gun, pro-gay, pro-choice, dirty hippie loving ass.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Man marduk.. I never knew you were an anti-religious, anti-gun, pro-gay, pro-choice, dirty hippie loving ass.
Dude...how can you not that? Me and you are a couple and we go shopping on Sunday at the Hippie convenience store while skipping church every week.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Yes, there was a setback. But that's the thing about scientific research. It's not instant fixes. My biggest problem about the whole situation is that our biggest HOPE comes from stem cells eventually being harnassed and these people come along and just bash it. And what do they offer as an alternative method? NOTHING. Not a single damn idea. Yet they're so quick to criticize people that are out their taking the chances in the hopes that one day it can help someone.

With stem cells, we are trying to use un-differenciated fetal cells to make them grow into cells that we need (nerves, tissue, etc.). With that process, we are of course going to run into issues where the cells divide and grow uncontrollably and a tumor comes out. So the article basically said cancer was developed. But what about the part where it succeeded for weeks? I see that as hope. All we now need to figure out is how to stop the cells from growing indefinitely. However, we can't get to that point if we can't even ACCESS the freakin materials required for research.

But when it comes down to it, most people have an issue with whether life was actually conceived the moment fetal cells are created. That part I don't want to get into since it's about your own person beliefs. All I ask from these people is that if they're going to criticize, make it constructive. Don't go around bashing someone who's handicapped. That's freakin ridiculous.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just pro-science too much.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I know I haven't said this, but thanks for all the thoughts that have been shared so far. Ly, just so you know, this wasn't my topic for the week. It was just something I posted cause I was actually pissed. Most of the time, I'm too lazy to try to express my opinions (at least in a written form), but what happened was incredibly stupid. As for the rest of you, I appreciate your thoughts, despite which side you're on. It's more important that people are discussing it instead of ignoring it. Peaches, I like the fact that you did find an article and did not just say something unjustified like Rush Limbaugh.

But yeah, I'm not as heated as before now. Btw, Michael J. Fox was on with Katie Couric saying that he did not miss his medication.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Ya know.. there's a sizable amount of parkinson disease in my family.. Its more distant relatives (not in the immediate family) but I suppose I might be carrying the gene (so run away girls ;))

Anyway this brought me to the idea of having a serious discussion forum?? it would be a subforum of shoutout. I've been meaning to start some threads like how much men rule for example.. or whether guys should have multiple wives.

What do you people say?

Of course we would have to keep it at a civil tone. :)

;) Parkinson disease is an incurable and irreversible disease..and what the guy say about M.J Fox is awfull :"he is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He is moving all around and shaking. And it's purely an act. This is the only time I have ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has".. :angry: this guy is really stupid...don't he khnow that Parkinson disease have 3 phases and the first one is the "honey moon"...during this time ( 3 to 8 years) u seem really normal and the treatement help a lot then we can really see if u are sick or not...i'm totaly for the research because like we say it's a big step towards the future and maybe they will find the treatement for Parkinson disease, AIDS and lot of other disease which are incurable....