The Rules of Love

Chapter 15
Tasnee woke up, her eyes blurry. Where am I? As her vision began to clear, she could see a man standing over her. He had glasses on, and was smiling down at her. "What am I doing here, Kavin?"

Kavin smiled again. "Nee, you were not feeling well, so I took you to see the doctor..."

Tasnee raised an eyebrow. "Doctor? What's wrong with me?"

He turned away. "We don't know yet, since you were asleep and no one could do anything until you sign consent papers..."

She laughed back at him. "Oh please, you could've sighed it for me. Or P'Kong...where is he?"

"I'm not sure, sorry Nee. But I couldn't sign, we're not related..."

"Oh...well, where are the papers?" she asked him, looking around.

Kavin turned. "I'll go see my friend and find those papers. He's the doctor on duty right now..."

Tasnee raised an eyebrow. "How about you?" she asked.

"I...I'm a trainee doctor, but..."

"Yes?"

He shook his head as an answer. "Its nothing. We'll know soon, promise."

Tasnee smiled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Nee. Now I'm going to go hunting for those papers...wait here ok?"

"Ka."

Kavin left the room.

I know what's wrong with me. But I can't do anything about it now, can I? Oh great...what if P'Kong finds out I'm pregnant? What will happen to Rattana?

Some time later, the door slams again. It was Kavin.

Tasnee looked up at him in wonder.

He handed her the papers and a black inked pen. "Here, Nee. Sign at the bottom."

She nodded and took the paper and pen, signing. Here goes nothing but trouble... She handed the paper back to Kavin.

Kavin saw the worried look on Tasnee's face. "Nee, you'll be fine. Serious."

Oh, I do hope so... But she replied, a bit too bravely, "Of course."

He smiled at her. "Well, good luck na. I'll give the hospital the papers and they'll come and take you," he told her, preparing to leave.

Tasnee looked around the room. "You...slept here?"

Kavin nodded. "Yea, I was...worried."

"Oh..." She continued: "Then can you stay with me?"

He looked at her in wonder.

She quickly replied, "Oh, I mean like P'Kong isn't here, my parents aren't even in Thailand, and I'm a scaredy cat."

Kavin nodded slightly, afraid that Tasnee could see the shimmer of happiness in his eyes. "Ok. Well, I'll go get the doctors, ok? You wait here Nee."

Tasnee nodded. "Did P'Kong call you?"

"Yes, yes. Well, he called you. But I answered. He got mad that I said you were sleeping..."

Her eyes were wide as goose eyes. Oh great... "Really!?!"

"Yes, but he's alright with it right now. Hah, he even thanked me. But then again, he sounded pretty grim..."

"Oh..." she replied back, afraid. "Umm, you can go tell the doctors. I'll wait here."

Sorry for no Kongdej/Rattana moments, that will come soon, promise. But then right now its more about Tasnee/Kavin, since their couple will lead to Kongdej's reactions...

Stay tuned!