The Rules of Love

Chapter 13
Tasnee sat on top of the front porch, fretting. She felt bad for Rattana, she felt bad for her brother, and she felt bad for herself. Rattana for being treated so badly by her brother, her brother for not getting any peace of mind, and herself for not daring to blurt out the truth. But then again, why was her brother overreacting this much? He only knew that he hurted her, right? As she thought about all the things she could've been doing instead of sitting here, she suddenly feels dizzy. She turned around back and forth, seeing double images. What was it now?

Just at that moment, the bell rings. She walks slowly down the stairs, grabbing the handrails. When she arrives at the gate, she unlocks it. "Who's there?"

"Hello Tasnee, it's Kavin," the man replies, adjusting his glasses as he smiled.

She smiled slightly. "Hi. What brought you here?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

Kavin thought for a second. "I was, uhh...I was, umm. I was going to go to my friend's house, which is down the road. But then he canceled due to some sickness his mother has. So then I decided to come here," he replies, trying his hardest not to bite his nails. He hated that habit. He bit his nails when he was nervous. He kept telling himself that he was a doctor, and doctors are supposed to know about cleanliness.

"Oh, well come in." She tries walking back into the house, but got dizzy and dropped down, sitting on the grass.

Kavin rushed to her, his eyes worried. "Are you ok, Tasnee?"

She nodded once before replying, "I'm fine. And please, call me Nee."

Kavin nods, relieved that she was ok. "Can you walk?"

"Uhh, I don't know," she replies. "Maybe, if I can get myself up that is."

Kavin extends a hand for Tasnee to hold onto.

She accepts his hand, pulling herself up.

Once Kavin let go of her hand, she falls right back down.

Kavin bends down, his stomach curling up because he was worried. Really worried, this time. "Nee?"

Tasnee opens her eyes, seeing quite clearly but it seemed that now, she had a feeling she wanted to vomit. To his question, she replies by shaking her head slightly.

Without hesitating, he grabs hold of her and holds her up.

She looks at him questioningly, but didn't say anything or disagree.

He takes her into his sports car and places her on her passenger seat. When he sees her curious stare, he replies: "I'll take you to the hospital, Nee. You'll be ok."

Hospital? She didn't want to go to the hospital! She already knew what was wrong, no, that's not the word. She alrleady knew what was right. And what would happen. But she didn't want to face the harsh, painful, truth. A truth she wished she could just throw away and never face it ever again. Going to the doctor wouldn't help her. What she needed was a miracle, and as of now? She was sure short of it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
More baby symptoms coming from Tasanee. Funny I had Yardthip protray as 'Nee' in Bittersweet Romance but she was nang rai. Not really nang rai but Rita's half sister. =) Ahahahaha!!! :lol:

nina07

sarNie Adult
aww Kavin with glasses :wub:
Wonder what the next chapter will be like ^_^
Oh, and N'Grace, I was just wondering are you going to have a poster for this fanfic? :D

Chapter 14
Kongdej picked up the phone lying in front of him, deciding whether or not to call Tasnee.

Rattana saw this and raised her eyebrow in question. What was Kongdej doing?

He sees her stare and shouts at her: "What are you staring at, Rattana?"

She quickly changes her focus on him and turns around. "Nothing, nothing," she answers him.

Kongdej didn't know what to do; he had gotten some detectives to go searching for answers, and one of the came back with the news. But was it valid? Did something really happen that night? Well, he didn't know. But then if he asked his little sister, would she think that he was a freak for getting someone to investigate about that? Would she think badly of his feeble attempt to help her?

She sat still, her head spinning. "What was his problem now?" she silently mutters under he breath.

Kongdej turns, his eyes glaring. "Shut. Up. And. Get. Out. Of. Here. Now," he orders, pointing towards the cottage's exit door.

Rattana shook her head, hiding a small giggle.

He shot her another glance, this one more warningly. "What is wrong with you, Rattana?"

"Nothing. I didn't do or say anything."

He turns away, her face reminding him of his sister's. His poor, innocent sister. As he thought back, the rage filled back into him. Keep calm, Kong. Keep calm. You don't want these villagers to think that you're some evil person. You are NOT like him. You WILL not be like the man who had attempted to rape your little sister... But, as he kept on staring at Rattana's face, it made him angry. Angry that no one understood how he felt. How hard it must be for him. All Tasnee thought about was saving Rattana, and all Rattana thought about was to let him HURT her. But he? He was stuck with the feeling of hatred and the "not" wanting to be like Sinthorn. If he expressed one, it would totally damage the other. If he hurted Rattana, he would be like Sinthorn. And he wasn't about to go there. But the very thought of Sinthorn hurting his little sister made him angry that he could do nothing to help his little sister now.

Seeing the seriousness in Kongdej's face, Rattana excuses herself outside. "Can I go outside?" she asks him.

He nods -mostly bitterly- but partly full of relief.. "Go. I'll get someone to call you when I order you to come back."

She nods, mouthing a "thank you" to him as she opens the door and walks out.

When she slams the door shut, Kongdej picks up the phone, dailing his sister's number.

"Hello?"

"Where's Nee?" Kongdej asks, realizing that it was not his sister who answered the phone.

"Hello, Khun Kongdej. My name is Dr. Kavin...your sister's friend?"

Kongdej nods. "Oh, ok. Where is Tasnee?" he asks, confused. Tasnee never left her phone unattended.

Kavin hesitated. "She's sleeping..."

"WHAT? AND YOU'RE WITH HER?" Kongdej questions, his eyes filled with rage.

"Calm down, Khun Kongdej. Nee is sleeping in the hospital. I went to visit her and she suddenly felt dizzy and said she wanted to vomit. So I brought her to the hospital I work at. But since then, she hasn't woken up yet so the doctors haven't checked up on her."

Kongdej raised an eyebrow. "Dizzy? Wanting to vomit?"

"Yes; the doctors aren't sure, but..."

Kongdej nodded. "I get it. I get it. Well, call me when you have a definite answer, ok?"

"Of course, Khun Kongdej."

"Please, don't call me Khun Kongdej. Just Kongdej or Kong will be enough. Afterall, you are so nice to my little sister. Thanks."

Kavin smiled. "You're welcome."

Kongdej pressed the end button and put the phone down, repeating. "Is she pregnant?"

Rattana had heard everything. She had waited outside, just in case he would change his mind. And now her very words that "he could do everything to her" now rang in her head, over and over again.

Keke, I finished the official banner. Sorry guys, no update for awhile. And I'm going to China tomorrow, if they have wireless internet there, I promise I'll upload the next chapter for you guys.

Umm, feel free to comment on the banner for now...
If you would like to make a new banner, feel free to do so. I'm not too good at making them blend, so I took the easy way out (;