The Rules of Love

Chapter 8
Tasnee walked out of the x-ray room and to the toilet, bumping into a tall man she recognized all too well: Sinthorn.

Sinthorn grabbed Tasnee's hand and held onto it tightly - he was not letting her get away this time.

Tasnee tried squirming free. There were tears in her eyes but no one was close enough to hear her pleas.

He moved his mouth close to her right ear until he was sure she felt his breath breathing close by. Some time later, he whispered into her ear: "Come with me." It was quiet, yet amazingly forceful.

Tasnee shook her head no, trying her hardest to scream, but her fear took away all her voice.

Kavin, a medical doctor (in training), walks past the toilet. He was about to go to the pharmacy, 300 meters away from the toilet. He walked towards the man and woman, yelling for them to stop.

Tasnee turned, glad that there was somebody walking past the vacant toilet. "Please, help!"

Sinthorn gave Kavin a cold stare, warning him to back off. Some time later, he realized that the man was his twin sister's friend: Kavin.

Kavin recognized Rattana's 'big brother' right away. "P'Sin-" Kavin raised an eyebrow. What was his friend's brother doing with a frail woman?

Before going away, he swears to himself (again) that he'll get this victim next time. But for now, he had to get out of here...fast.

After the encounter, he turns to the woman.

Tasnee smiles slightly before fainting.

Kavin takes Tasnee to the emergency room after he examines her and sees all the bruises that covered her body.

When she wakes up, Tasnee is confused and scared.

Kavin explains everything to Tasnee.

She nods understandingly, uttering an "oh...".

Kavin smiles. "Do you want me to take you home?"

Tasnee looks up and back down at her bruises. "Umm..." She didn't want her brother to see her in this shape, otherwise it would mean more trouble for Rattana.

Kavin raises an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Can I stay..."

"Stay?"

Tasnee takes a deep breath. "Can I stay at your house tonight?"

Kavin looks to Tasnee as if she were crazy.

Quickly, Tasnee replies: "I do not need for my brother to see me in this shape, and he's going to come looking at the hospital soon... I can tell the manager not to tell my brother, but I don't know if that's going to work because they always believe my brother."

He laughs. "Do you even know who I am?"

"...no."

Kavin scratches his head. "Oh."

"Well, I'm Tasnee Singhara. You?"

"Dr. Kavin Siamrath...well, doctor to be."

Tasnee smiles faintly. "So?"

"Ugh, ok..."

"Thanks," she replies, happy. One day was hopefully enough time to make her bruises go away.

"Well, I have to go pick something up first. Is that ok?"

Tasnee nods. "Sure."

"Ok, let me go get it," he tells her. "I'll be right back."

fun

Expired Sarnie
oh my... sinthorn is so bad... sigh... how could he do that to tasnee... luckily kavin came just in time...
He probably has a clue that it was Tasnee's brother who kidnapped Rattana. LMAO Sinthorn is such a bad ass, but he cares a lot about her sister. Maybe it's because Rattana has weakness/illness (just me assuming things) person so he is overprotective of his sister.

Stardust update soon again.

nina07

sarNie Adult
awww. Finally some Kavin and Tasnee scenes! LOL. I wonder what will happen at his house..HAHA.
Cant wait for the next chapter :D

Chapter 9
Kavin drives his new BMW back to his home, frequently staring at the sleeping body next to him; she had fallen asleep not long after their conversation had started, but he didn't mind. She was better off sleeping so that she could feel better the next day. They were getting nearer and nearer to his house, but he didn't want to wake her up. Still, waking her up would be better than taking her upstairs and letting her wonder who took her upstairs the night before. So, he decides to tap her on the shoulder--softly, of course--but, it was hard enough.

Some seconds later, Tasnee opened her eyes. She saw Kavin looking down at her and gave a small jolt, followed by a cry of surprise.

Kavin smiled. "Sorry, but umm...we're home."

Tasnee blushed slightly, rose upright, still quite sleepy. "I'm so sorry I slept..."

"Its ok. Now, come with me; I'll take you to the guest room."

Tasnee nods, reaching for the door.

Kavin hurries out of the car and helps Tasnee open it from outside. After she coms out, he takes her upstairs.

----------------------

Back at the Singhara estate...

Kongdej paces back and forth in front of Rattana's "room", wondering about what had happened to his little sister. Sak had come right back after sending Tasnee because he had to run errands and well, he himself was too busy getting even...which really made no sense, since he hadn't done anything just yet: all he got to was the put downs and the harsh comments. He wasn't careful enough. What if his little sister was in the hands of Sinthorn? Well, if in that case, he would have no idea what would happen to his sister, but he knew exactly what would happen to Rattana. She was in for it, but not just yet.

As for Rattana, she sat in the small dark room, sobbing. Her tears ran freely down her mascarred eyes and onto her stained blouse. "Let me out of here!" she screams again, hoping that this time he would listen to her.

Kongdej openes the door and walks calmly inside, snickering. "What is it, huh?"

"Let me go, you bastard!"

Kongdej shakes his head no.

"Why can't you let me go? You sister-". She was cut short by his stare.

"Don't you say anything about my sister."

Rattana turned her head the opposite direction from Kongdej. She didn't even want to see his face. All she hoped for was that nothing were to happen to her tonight.

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh my... khondej really worry about her sister... tasnee should at least tell her brother even though she worry that he will do something stupid... for me... now he's pretty scary... :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am really hating Tasnee. I know she doesn't want Rattana hurt but she should just confront her brother to release Rattana =(

pze

sarNie Adult
can't wait for more hehe....I'm loving it anxious to see if kongdej is gonna do something to Rattana

LOL, I'm sorry if this is moving slowly but I wanted it to be realistic -- not just like make Kongdej do things at Rattana without any reason. And as for Tasnee, well, she's the weak character here but she tries her best not to mess with anything. Somewhat like a bystander.

Chapter 10
Tasnee wakes up from her sleep, opening her eyes and adjusting to the light in the room - she had forgotten to draw the curtains. She rose and wandered to the door, opening it. As she opened, she could see a vast hallway filled with hanging portraits of formal people. At that very moment, she spots her doctor, Kavin.

Kavin is surprised to see Tasnee awake so early; he walks to her, smiling. "How'd you sleep?"

Tasnee smiled back. "Fine."

"So, hungry?" he asked, nodding downstairs.

She nods back, hungry. "Of course, but let me take a shower first."

Kavin nods. "Haha, I already did. Well, hurry. I'll wait here."

"Ok." Tasnee walks back into the guest room and takes a shower, sadly wearing the same clothes. She walks back out to Kavin.

Kavin walks down the stairs, signaling for Tasnee to follow.

When they arrive at the dining table, a maid appears, carrying what seemed to be like breakfast. The maid turns to Kavin, questioning him.

"Oh, my friend, Tasnee Singhara." He turns to Tasnee. "This is my maid, Jiranya."

They exchanged friendly smiles as Kavin pulls out a chair for Tasnee to sit in.

Tasnee sits down, smiling. She was hungry.

After they ate, a teenage girl comes running down. She stops at the sight of Tasnee, raising an eyebrow.

Kavin smiled at the teenage girl. "Ning, this is my friend, Tasnee."

Ningning smiles at her brother, turning to Tasnee. "Hello, I'm Ningning but everyone calls me Ning."

"Sawasdee ja, Ning." Tasnee turns to Kavin. "What time is it now?"

Kavin glances at his watch. "8 o'clock...why?"

"Can you send me back home?"

Kavin nods. He turns to his little sister. "Ning, tell Mom I'll be back soon. If she asks, said I went to send my friend back home."

Ningning nods. "Ok ka." She turns for the kitchen.

As for Tasnee and Kavin, they walk to the garage

----------------------

Kongdej wakes up, looking around. His nightmare of his sister felt so alive. He rose quickly, got showered and dressed up. After that, he quickly ran out onto the hallway and turned the corner to Tasnee room, knocking furiously. "Tasnee!"

No answer.

Kongdej sighs, rushing downstairs. At that very moment, the house bell rings. He quickly rushes to the door and opens it without knowing who was on the other side.

It was Tasnee.

"Tasnee, where were you?" Kongdej asked, hugging his sister.

Kavin walks inside. "Hello."

Kongdej turns. He punches Kavin in the face.

Kavin is taken aback and falls down. There was a questioning look on his face.

"P'Kong! He helped me!"

Kongdej turns, the rage still there. "Helps? By keeping you locked up somewhere all night?"

Tasnee looks down onto the floor. "No, that's-"

"Tasnee, shut up and let me deal with him."

"But P'Kong! He didn't do anything!"

"I can't believe you, Nee. Shut up and leave this to me. Go up to your room and get some rest." Before she leaves, he spots the bruises on her hand. He turns to Kavin. "What did you do to her?" he asks, giving Kavin the coldest stare ever.

Kavin raises an eyebrow. "I didn't do anything!"

Kongdej turns, eyeing his little sister.

"He didn't - honest."

"Nee, if you are lying..."

Tasnee brought her hand up to her brother's lips. "No, I am not."

"Well..." He turns to Kavin, the rage gone. "I'm sorry..."

Kavin smiles. "Its ok, I understand. I saw that she was hurt so I brought her home. I'm a doctor." He laughs. "Well, doctor-to-be."

Kongdej smiles back. "I'm really sorry, I didn't know." He turns to Tasnee, sorrow in his eyes.

Tasnee smiled. "I'm ok." She turns to Kavin. "Thanks a lot na ka, for letting me stay at your house Dr. Kavin."

Kongdej raises an eyebrow. "So, who did this to her?"

Tasnee looks down onto her feet, afraid to say anything.

"I asked who did this to you, Nee."

"Umm, some random guy was...fighting with his wife...I wanted to stop them...got into the fight...he got mad I interferred."

Kongdej raises an eyebrow once more. "You're not very good at lying, Nee. Tell me the truth."

Kavin buts in. "The man is my friend's brother. His name is P'Sinthorn."

Kongdej's anger rushes back to his head. He turns to Kavin. "I've got to go, but please make yourself feel at home." He turns to Tasnee. "I've got some unfinished business to attend to; take care of your guest, ok Nee?"

Tasnee nods, afraid. She turns to Kavin and stares at him worriedly. "Why did you tell him?"

Kavin raises an eyebrow. "...is there something wrong?"

Tasnee looks down. "Well..." She stops. "Come in first, I'll explain everything inside."

Kavin nods, following Tasnee into the Singhara estate.

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh my... i feel that khondej is too protective... but he love his sister so much... now i feel bad for rattana... surely she will be punished for what her brother did...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
it's nice that kongdej is protective of his little sister...but he jumps to conclusions fast...i wonder if tasnee is going to tell kavin the truth, and if he is going to do something about it

Chapter 11
Rattana shivers at the sound of the turning door knob. She crosses her fingers in the hope that it was Tasnee, not Kongdej.

Sadly, it was Kongdej. "Get up."

Rattana raises her head and stares up at Kongdej. "Why do I have to?" she asks, practically demanding it at the same time.

"Because I said so," he replies, snickering. "What are you going to do about it?"

Rattana kept quiet; she had no answer for this question of his.

Kongdej tapped his feet impatiently. "I'm waiting."

Rattana whined, turned, and sat - her head turned the opposite direction.

"Talk to me."

She kept quiet, not wanting to talk to him. "I want to go home," she whimpers.

"That is out of the question. Now, get up and follow me."

"No!" she replies, shaking her head.

Kongdej sighs, grabbing Rattana by her rist and pulling her outside to the hallway.

Rattana tries to squirm free, ocassionally making noises.

"Shut up..." Kongdej warns, giving her another cold stare.

Rattana nods bitterly before resuming to her half walking half being dragged position.

Kongdej continues his walk and drags Rattana forcefully down the stairs. When he arrived downstairs, Kavin was gone. He turns to his little sister, who sat sobbing in front of the TV. "What is it, Nee?"

Tasnee looked up. "...nothing ka."

"Nee, tell me."

"I said nothing!" Tasnee confirmed, getting annoyed. Were all brothers this nosy? "I'm fine."

Kongdej let go of Rattana's hand and pushed her to the floor. "You asked why you were brought here, right?"

Rattana was too scared to talk, so she nodded instead.

"Well..." Kongdej began, then continued: "...this is why."

Rattana looked around, confused.

Kongdej forcefully turns Rattana's head towards Tasnee, pointing at all of his little sister's bruises. "See?"

Rattana stifled a cry, looking up to Tasnee's face. "What happened?" she managed to ask, pure terror in her eyes.

Tasnee smiled gently, trying to hide her hatred for Rattana; afterall, it was't Rattana's fault, right? "It's nothing." She turns to Kongdej. "P'Kong, please! Can you please stop and return her to her brother?"

Kongdej gives Tasnee a cold stare. "Why, Tasnee? Still love him?"

Tasnee shook her head. "It's not like that..."

"Then what is it like?"

"I..."

"You what?" Kongdej asked, grabbing a hold of his sister's arm.

She looked up at him, tears forming in her eyes. "I, I...I don't want to see her here. It...makes me feel. Feel...." she stopped. "She makes me feel, umm....uncomfortable!" After those words escaped from her mouth, she regretted them immediately. "I-"

Kongdej cuts his little sister off. "Ok, fine Nee. You don't want to see her, right?"

Tasnee nodded, crossing her fingers and smiling to Rattana.

He turned to Rattana. "Seems like you and me are going on a road trip."

Rattana stares at him, questioningly. "Home?"

Kongdej shook his head no.

She raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Kongdej gave the two women in the room a cold smile. "I'll bring her somewhere other than this house. Somewhere I can do anything to you without you stopping me, Nee."

A single tear ran down Tasnee's face. "What? P'Kong, but-"

"No buts, Nee. Unless you want he dead by tomorrow."

Tasnee turned to Rattana, trying to hold her tears. She had made a terrible mistake. And with this mistake, she had caused someone else to face the consequences. No matter how much she hated Rattana's brother, she knew better than to throw the sins off to someone else...unfairly.