The Protector

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
HmMM I noticed that this movie is making it onto american theatres... but lolss slow me Im not sure if its a dubbed version of Tom Yum Goong or a New Film .... so anyone?

and awesome that he's making it on the american screens =) another asian actor he may not be a jackie chan or jet li quite yet ..but eh it can happen

Nameless

N i n j a
Yea. It's tom yum goong. They had to rename it to 'The Protector'. Can you imagine American folks goin' up to the ticket booth askin' to see Tom Yum Goong? lol.

Nameless

N i n j a
eh, but you gotta admit, Bruce Lee is a legend. No one could get away with makin' those sounds and kick ass at the same time. haha.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Haha@the bruce lee convo.

Anyways, from the people who have seen the movies and stuff...people were saying he was way better than jet li and jackie chan. Hopefully people will like it! I haven't watched it because I haven't had the chance.......although I brought both movies for my dad for xmas.

I was like "This guy is said to be better than Jet Li and Jackie Chan!" He was like "What? Yeah right."

But as he watched the film, he was all yelling, shouting, cheering.

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i like this one it's good, his fighting skills i think are better than jackie chan...but they're all good in their own ways... :D

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
Nameless said:
Yea. It's tom yum goong. They had to rename it to 'The Protector'. Can you imagine American folks goin' up to the ticket booth askin' to see Tom Yum Goong? lol.
[post="162536"][/post]​
hahahahahahhahah lmao!!! its true lolz.. ^_^ yea .. I was wondering that too.. and you can NOT compare brucelee to anyone.. bruce is a legend he is soo fast that the camera can't even catch his movement most of his moves he has to slow it down.. tony ja has his own style.. muay thai but if he fight with bruce lee I think bruce lee will kick his ass hahah cuz bruce lee is REALLY REALLY FAST lolz..

.diane.

Media Fanatic
Reagan said:
was he in mortal kombat?
[post="163052"][/post]​
he actually was a stunt double for robin shou (liu kang) in mortal kombat: annihilation

images of him ^^/

robin's arms are definitely buffer

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Ohh sweet thanks diane, they need to put more money into mortal kombat, its got good characters but bad effects,

.diane.

Media Fanatic
^ np Reagan. yeah i always thought so too. i'd actually be up to watching another one....but would that just keep dragging stories?

anywho back on topic with "The Protector" have you guys heard the taglines that "Mr. Movie Man" says about it? "Tony Jaa is the Last Warrior!"

All the taglines within the trailer that's airing on TV is so going to throw off others. I mean ...Tony's elephants gets kidnapped and he runs to Australia to get them back... :unsure:

Reagan

sarNie Adult
what? i dont get you? the concept of the movie is changing? they did the movie here in sydney WOO HOO hehe

.diane.

Media Fanatic
okie here's "the protector" trailer that is airing on tv...is it just me or is it misleading to what the movie is really about?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/th...ctor/trailer1r/

His world shaped by ancient traditions, a young Thai fighter (Jaa) is called upon to defend his people and their honor after outsiders invade their home and destroy all that is sacred.Fueled by desire to protect a way of life and avenge the wrong done to his family, he will bring the fight to their city.
cause this quote and the trailer voice-overs tells me the story of "ong bak" :huh:

Reagan

sarNie Adult
hahahah what the hell? the mention everything except what the movies about, btw that asian girl, I drool over her i thnk shes quite hot

tang071

sarNie Elites
if i remember correctly, what the voice says is true but extremely exaggerated.
His world shaped by ancient traditions, a young Thai fighter (Jaa) is called upon to defend his people and their honor after outsiders invade their home and destroy all that is sacred.
--> means that the austrailians/ppl working for them go into tony's village and steal the elephants (which are his bffs and very sacred to thai ppl).
Fueled by desire to protect a way of life and avenge the wrong done to his family, he will bring the fight to their city.
-->means he goes to austrailia, meets mum and kicks ass. i think tony's father gets stabbed and dies by the ppl who steal his elephants.
the plot is kinda stupid. how tony just goes and happens to find the ppl and fight them. mum and tuk-bongkot's roles are small.

tony jaa is great and what he does but as an actor, he needs to work on it a lot. his voice is squeaky and tiny, not to mention his size. nevertheless, he's awesome! i esp love the 4 min clip.
so yeah, is this dubbed in english or not??

donna

sarNie Adult
haha i guess that they can't translate everything from the original version. i wonder if tony is gonna speak english in here?

Power

sarNie Egg
This movie is okay. It has better action than Ong Bak, but Ong Bak the story line was a little better. But for The Protector, the story line is really really weak. I thought it was kinda stupid. It's like umm he went all over to Australia to save the elephants. Also it was kinda funny how he just met up with the bad guys and started kicking their butts in the house out of no where. I agree his voice is a little squeaky and weird. He needs to work on his acting too. And YES the trailer is very very misleading....hahaha. When people go see this they will be like wtf, but the action will make up for it. lol Overall, it's worth it if you go see it for the action!

Reagan

sarNie Adult
some bad people steals his elephant and his off to go get it back in sydney,

the rest... dont want to ruin it for you

darvil

sarNie Adult
and he kicks alot of ass :)

People shouldn't expect movies like this to have a good plot line.. If you look at all the old school fight movies.. well they are always a little slim on that part.

Of course Tony has only made 2 movies so who knows what is in store for the future :)

Its just incredible that he is the next martial arts star about to take over. I would have expected the next one to come out of China.. not Thailand.

Great work Thailand :)

azntgr

sarNie Egg
hahhahahaha so "the protector" is "tom yum goong" didn't know that....i guess i better watch tom yum goong now.