The Long Kiss Goodnight :: Kristen Kreuk/Tom Welling

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher

lady0fdarkness

Author's note: If you haven't read it yet, I posted a prologue. It is on Page 1 of this thread. Thanks and Enjoy!

ACT 1

Emily stood before the old french style building and admired it's gothic structure before she went inside to look for her dorm room. The weather was somewhat overcasted, but it was very noticeable that the sun was trying to poke through the clouds, as if the sun and clouds were having a war. But it seems like the sun and the clouds were equal, just lingering in the sky, staying in unison, giving a mixture of conditions. The leaves were as beautiful as ever with a crimson and orange hue. It was the beginning of Autumn, and already the seasons started to show.

Emily's head was spinning from the hussle and bussle of the busy morning of registration. It was quite crowded, since the students were running around trying to get settled in. Some students even bumped into Emily, but not once did she hear a word of apologies. Emily shrugged it off and minded her own business, not wanting to get on to the wrong foot with anyone, especially her first day here at Salem University. All the immaturity she thought she'd leave behind at her hometown. She was glad to have left all those things behind, glad to be far away from those people whom for years ridiculed her for being the poorest girl in town. Emily, however is very grateful to have gotten a scholorship for her academic excellence to attend this renoun University.

She brushed the strand of hair behind her ears and surveyed the building and its lushious landscape. Very beautiful, she thought. Thinking she'll enjoy staying here very much. As she turned to look at the rest of the courtyard, another female student bumped into her, knocking all of her books, bags, and other various things to the ground.

I'm so sorry, Emily uttered and kneeled down to gather her things, but instead of replying with a sorry too, the female student mumbled something inaudible and quickly walked off to dwell in her business.

All the books that she had purchased for her classes were scattered everywhere, while her handbag flew open, causing all of her personal belongings to fall out. She shook her head slightly, feeling a bit overwhelmed. As she tried to gather her things, suddenly there was a helping hand; it was a man's hand, big and strong, gathering all of her books and things together. Emily was so consumed with trying to hurry and gather her stuff together that she didn't even look at the guy who was helping her, instead she thanked him while she too tried to gather her things.

Thank you so much.. I'm.. I'm so clumsy, Emily complained about herself, eventhough she knew it wasn't her fault that her belongings fell to the ground.

It happens to all of us sometimes, the guy replied.

Once all her things were bundled together, Emily stuff them into her bag and stacked her books together to carry them up. She stood up carrying her stuff, and wanted to fully thank the man that helped her, but instead, she was too late, because he had already walked off. Emily looked onto the man that helped all. All she could see was his back. The man dressed in black; wearing a black long sleaved shirt, black pants, and black shoes. His hair is dark and long and is neatly slicked back.

Hey! I didn't get to thank you! Hey!! Emily shouted, but the mysterious guy already walked off, and he was too far away to hear Emily call out to him.

Darn! Emily thought.

She didn't even get a look at his face to even thank him if she ever run into him in the future. Emily shook her head and decided she should just go inside and find her dorm, before any other persons could bump into her again.

She looked at the registration paper to check the room number that she had to look for.

Room 57, room 57, she uttered to herself.

She looked down the hall of the dorm. Surprisingly, it was pretty empty in here. All the students must have opted to stay at one of those fancy dorm houses. Afterall, Salem University is known to hold rich kids. And if their parents could afford it, their children are able to stay in those fancy houses around the University. In a way, Emily was relieved that the dorm hall was empty. At least she doesn't have to deal with those rich kids. She glanced around, trying to find her room. It was a rather nice dorm hall. The floors were really shiny and clean. And the ceilings were vaulted, showing it's gothic structure.

Enjoying yourself? A female voice interrupted Emily's train of thoughts while admiring the building.

Emily turned around to greet the voice. A girl with a friendly smile and a bit stubby and short stood before her.

Emily - Oh... yes, it's very unique. I've never been in a building like this before.

Anna - I see. Ahh.. It's beautiful, yes.. but nothing new to me.

Anna giggled when she saw that Emily was a bit shy, not knowing what to say to that.

Anna - Well, maybe because this is my second year here. So I'm pretty much used to this building. As you can see.. it's a bit empty. And do you want to know why?

Emily nodded.

Anna - Well.. they put all the poor students here.

Anna then laughed and snorted, as if she had said something so hilarious.

Emily only laughed along, not wanting the stranger to feel awkward if she didn't laugh along with her.

Anna - So.. I guess.. you're it huh? (Haha)

Emily - (Hehe) I guess so.

Anna - Well, welcome abroad then. So what room are you looking for?

Emily - Uh.. Room 57.

Anna - No kidding??!!

Emily - Yes.. that's what it says here.

Anna - Well.. guess what? You're looking at your new roommate!

Emily - Really? (Hehe)

Anna - Yep. C'mon. let me show you to our room.

Anna threw her arms over Emily's shoulders and led her down the hall to their dorm room. While walking towards the room, Emily thought to herself, that this isn't too bad at all. That she's glad to have run into such a friendly roommate. So this school year wouldn't be so bad. Emily looked at Anna and smiled widely, feeling very joyful to be here.

Outside, the Autumn wind blew and the leaves fell to the ground slowly. It will be a beautiful season, indeed.

ACT 2 COMING SOON!

lady0fdarkness

I'll have an update for this one possibly later on tonight. I had to re-think the storyline over.. and I think I'm changing its direction a bit. Hopefully you guys will enjoy. :D

lady0fdarkness

i will love it no matter what^^ i hope you do update today :D
Thanks for your support RR... As soon as The Undying Love comes to a close, I will be devoting my time to this one. But as of now, the updates are coming gradually after I update the other one. I usually start another fic when I've got about 1 or two chapters left to write from the old current one, but somehow.. I needed to add more chapters to undying love. So.. I guess I'm stuck with writing two fics for now; which is okay... :D

lady0fdarkness

so mant stories are up right now, i have to catch up, thanks lome for the update , will read soon
cool.. take your time.

there has been a boom of strories these days, that's for sure. I wish I had super powers where I could read everything completely just by skimming through it, that would be so cool.

lady0fdarkness

*if you are a new reader, make sure you don't miss the Prologue posted on the first page*

ACT 2

Emily was glad that her dorm room was on the 3rd floor. She enjoyed looking out the window and into the outside world. From there she could see the top of trees and its ever changing leaves. She could see people walking around. And sometimes, she likes to just people watch. Its like having a live show unfold before her.

Later that night, when she got settled in, she wanted to hang out with Anna, but Anna was no where to be found. That was weird Emily thought, where did she go in the middle of the night? Emily shrugged and decided to stay in and go over her books and class schedule and try to brace herself for tomorrow, the first day of classes.

She flopped down on the bed and took out her laptop computer from the bag and placed it in front of her. When she pressed the button to turn it on, the computer wouldn't turn on. Emily kept pressing in it, but still nothing. She wanted to send a quick E-mail to her parents that she's all settled in and everything's okay, but her computer is acting up, eventhough she thought she had already charged it fully. She bit her lip and rised from the bed, reaching for the computer bag, trying to find the charger. When she found the charger, she looked aroumd her side of the room for an outlet. And then she spotted the outlet by the window next to the student desk that was already there.

The curtains on her window were drawn open and the window was ajar. She loves to smell the midnight breeze, so Emily didn't mind having an open window at all, even at night. And since she lives on the 3rd floor, she wasn't scared of someone trying to climb into her window, unless that person was pesistant enough to climb three stories into someone's window and risk a bone breaking fall. When she got to the outlet, Emily kneeled down to plug the charger in when something caught her eye outside of her window.

About 200 feet away, there was a clearing with lots of trees and a little stream going through the University's campus. She caught a glimpse of a man walking along that stream. The moon was full, so it wasn't hard to spot that person at all, even if he was wearing all black. She rised up from the kneeling down position and poked her head out the window to try and get a better glimpse of the man walking along. The reason why the person walking along the stream caught her attention is because the way he dressed looked awful lot like the person who helped her earlier. And she just wanted to thank him, eventhough it was not a big deal. And it wouldn't hurt making a new friend as well.

Emily could see clearly that it was indeed the same man, because she recognized the clothing and the slicked back hair, but even in the moonlit night, she couldn't see his face. When she saw him circling the area as if he was coming towards her way, she called out softly hoping that he'd hear her.

Hey... Hey there! Emily called out, but it seems like he couldn't hear her.

Hey!! My name's Em- Emily then stopped herself from saying her name, in case other people were listening. She then returned from the window and grabbed her robe to go downstairs, hoping to catch the guy.

Emily dodged out to the building's exit into the night. That's when she realized that it was colder out here. She grabbed both sides of her robe and wrapped herself tighter to shield herself from the cold. She looked around her surroundings and then onto the area where the stream was. And that's when she saw him; the guy in black was now standing with his back towards her there over the stream, near a bench. Good thing he was still here, cause Emily thought she was going to lose him again. She looked around and noticed that there were lamp posts everywhere. This place didn't look at all dangerous she thought, and besides, he helped her earlier. He's probably one of the students here. So when she was reassured that she was in a safe vacinity, Emily walked towards the guy. She wanted to thank him for helping her earlier. She walked slowly towards him, crumpling dead leaves underneath her. The Autumn breeze blew slightly through her hair, cooling her skin, and refreshing her spirits. Had this been her hometown, she'd ner have the guts to approach anyone like this, much less a guy, and also a stranger. It seems like this place gave her confidence to finally become the adult that she wanted to be.

She bit her lips as she got closer to where he was standing. Whatever he is thinking, he must be lost in thought. He stood straight and stared into the stream. Emily was getting more anxious as to what this guy looks like. Finally, when she got to him, standing about 5 feet away, Emily opened her mouth to greet him.

Emily - Hello there... you helped me earlier today, and I just want to thank you.

ACT 3 coming up!