Thai Womans Trying to Look Like Western (White) Womans

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
The thing I don't get is how are we suppose to all differ? They leave their hair long they are considered trying to be wester they cut it short they are trying to be korean or japanese. When will people quit judging? maybe some people are thinking to hard about things and what they see.
You really brought up a good point, about how we're all supposed to differ. And while I somewhat see your point but I also think being different is more than in the way you look but how you present yourself as well.

And about the makeup and hair dye originating from Asia, that's the first time someone has argued that :D But what we don't see is Western actresses wearing Thai clothing, dying their hair black (some do- the majority don't). I thought Ashlee Simpson made a statement when she dyed her hair black but then she went blond <_< ..
But what I see a lot of is Western trend in Thai societies..

And I notice some people appeared to be getting offended. Again this is my thought and opinion, I just wanted to share and you don't have to agree.
Of course my view isn't entirely right or maybe fair, it is an opinion after all. Nothing is ever one sided or black and white. I appreciate hearing the different opinions.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The thing is I'm not quite understanding how they are pertain to differ you know. Like how do we know for sure where trends started? And if I'm not mistaking I have seen a few awards where some stars show up in asian clothes. Plenty of western stars dye their hair black, but then they immediately get criticized ^___^. Also make up did originate from asia and if im not mistaking 99 percent of the western stars wear make up. So I'm guessing it's a half and half situation. More like you take this from us and we'll borrow this from you type deal

what I'm trying to say is there is a cause and effect to everything I'm sure that most of the stars do what they do based on their fan based ... like i mean once some stars change their fan awwwws them I rarely see any fans openly say I don't like her in that

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Ummm people should really not create more than one account on SarNworld to post replies in favor of themselves. Hahaha.

what i have notice is that everyone want to change their looks once or more in their life time and i don't seem to find is disturbing at all. and who do you think you are saying that Asian people wants to look more "American" have you ever ask yourself about this before? why does it bother you and why are you making a big fuss about it? think about it and tell me what you think. people have their own reasons why they want to change their looks its either one way or another. i know deep down inside yourself you might want to change your own look also. its all about fashions and trends that people are living on now days. :]

nolee

sarNie Adult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ7XSIi3kAs
^ Tyra Banks accuse the girl of wanting to be Caucasian

That video kinda reminds me of this thread. I understand where you are coming from when you say that Thai women are trying to be Western.. but I guess it's all in the preference and what they like. I mean, if one likes something why not do it to make themself happy. But I get mad when an asian girl completely dyes her hair blond and look like a freak. I mean, if they could pull it off then BRAVO to them, but honestly, not a lot can. same goes with other nationalities, if a Black girl went completely blond blond, chances are they don't look as good as they did with their natural hair. but on the other hand there are a few people who CAN pull off different hair colors. Personally, I think Janie T. looks great with highlights, I always complained about how NOT PRETTY looking she was with black hair, but highlights definitely enhanced her look. but as for Ploy, she needs to go back to the darker shade..

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
what i have notice is that everyone want to change their looks once or more in their life time and i don't seem to find is disturbing at all. and who do you think you are saying that Asian people wants to look more "American" have you ever ask yourself about this before? why does it bother you and why are you making a big fuss about it? think about it and tell me what you think. people have their own reasons why they want to change their looks its either one way or another. i know deep down inside yourself you might want to change your own look also. its all about fashions and trends that people are living on now days. :]
LOL an example of an offended post. You really don't have to agree with me. Like I said, its an opinion. If the things that I'm arguing about doesn't bother you then congrats to you, I just don't feel the same.

Im Asian and the last thing Id do is disrespect Asians in general. I am however, insulting actresses who I find try to look like Western actresses.

As far as going to making a big fuss, I don't think Im doing that, I feel I need to defend my arguments, which is what Im trying to do. If that seems to you as making a fuss, then there's nothing I can do.

And yes people have their reasons to change their looks, and thats a good argument. I find it strange that many actresses all seem to look the same with the same hairstyle and same color hair. People in general change their looks, but actresses go to the extreme. Surgery to enhance the beauty that is ready there. Asians have noses that are different from Western woman, Asians have eyes that are different. I'm just saying we should appreciate these differences and not try to look like the norm. And Im saying these actresses go to the extreme because of the influences of Western culture and the pressure to meet up with the expectations of Western ideas of beauty.

And as far as you saying I want to change my look. A hair trim at the end of the month, then yes. Buying new clothes of case of old ones that don't fit, then yes. lol.

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
Ummm people should really not create more than one account on SarNworld to post replies in favor of themselves. Hahaha.
Not to be direct or anything but if you're referring to me, then the answer is no. I have this one account. And I can argue my point without using any other account to post any responses in favor of myself lol.

Im not trying to win anything, I just wanted this issue and my opinion to be heard, so there's no need.

nolee

sarNie Adult
I don't know why people would be offended [if anyone is] but I applaud you for stating your opinion. I just wanted to throw that out. Any forum would be hella boring if EVERYONE agreed with each other don't ya think?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm definately not offended and I normally don't get offended over these things, but then again I'm just stating my opinions if I come off a bit strong then don't take it to the heart =]

solin

sarNie Adult
I also noticed this but if in the beginning I found it's a good change, actually I find that boring and don't really like this tendence. Indeed, asians are asians and not westerns and I don't really want to see asian people become westerns.
I am not offended but I don't want to see everyone looks like the same.

Mai*

sarNie Elites
everyone is artificial some way or the other, and it doesnt just apply to thai stars or asian stars in general. Even the white people re-invent themselves, either to look better, or to go with trends.

But the "role models' listed isnt any less artificial than the ones being criticized.

Noon not only has her nose tweaked once, but a couple of times. Her eye lids are done to make it appear more caucasion too. Her teeth are veneers. Her cheekbones and chin are implants. This is not rumour, but confirmed by Noon herself and I'm sure most die hard fans saw those interviews. The only thing that isnt artificial is her hair, she'd probably dye it lighter if not for her contract with Patene which prohibits her from doing anything to hair besides what they ask of her. These days if you notice her outfits, she's hardly covered north or south :lol:

As for Aom, yes the girl is natural. But she too colors her hair. Is it an attempt to look caucasion cause she's ashamed of her black hair that points towards her ethnic background? or just personal preference to go lighter?

Then there's Anne, no confirmation of her getting work done, but go back and look at pictures from a decade ago, her jawline changed quite a bit. But again she's dyed her hair too, and she's worn colored contacts as well. As for sex appeal, yes it's true, even with the trend she's able to maintain her consistent fashion of being conservative.

noungning

Heartless
lol right.

to be able to maintain in the industry u must be able to be marketed and that is doing what viewers want to see - and that is beauty... regardless of their definition of beauty, they will try to obtain that.

now although beauty might be dying their hair from the producer's command, they have a choice to not do it and just not get the job...choices is the key word.

when a model/actress gets a job to shoot a swimsuit cover... i think they are aware that they won't be wearing a turtle neck sweater on that cover. it's the choices these models/actresses make to survive in the industry...

someone like ploy c, who wasn't a leading character before and wasn't really getting much attention, needed to do something to be noticed. and she chose to be more revealing. i'm sure if this were 30 years ago when competition in the industry was so minimal, u didn't really have to do so much to be the popular one...but now... the competition pops up everyday. and what can sell? besides sex appeal? i'm sure talent would be the answer right? but how much do u need to do to show u have talent, viewers have 100 other people they can be groupies for, so why should they wait until this one improves?

how long did it take ann t to be popular? how long did it take aom p? do the new comers have that much time unless they are laced with connections...?

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Not to be direct or anything but if you're referring to me, then the answer is no. I have this one account. And I can argue my point without using any other account to post any responses in favor of myself lol.

Im not trying to win anything, I just wanted this issue and my opinion to be heard, so there's no need.
I am referring to anyone. Why do you think its directed at you? If its not true you don't have to sweat it.

sarN

sarNie Granny
hummm. I think every stars have a role to act in the entertainment world . Just love them for their work. No one is perfect . Everyone fart ..even the cute one. :p

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
I am referring to anyone. Why do you think its directed at you? If its not true you don't have to sweat it.

For some reason I just felt it was directed at me- maybe some heat of the moment thing.
People usually point fingers at others for things that they themselves do.
Not sweating anything and if it wasn't directed at me, then my apologies.

Haha yes, I like the fart comment. Nice way to relive some tension :lol:

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
buh dnt u notice i kno this a lil bit off topic dnt u notice that the white ppl american who are famous wanna become tanner u see them always wear fake fan n stuff so ya just another point