Thai Womans Trying to Look Like Western (White) Womans

noungning

Heartless
Why can't they stay natural, beautiful looking and asianish(not a word, but u know wat I mean) like Ning K., Ann T., Tik., Noon W...(even though they have some surgery done)....I just hope that Fang stays naturally beautiful and will not change her hair color to bright colors..I guess asian cultural tradition is starting to fade away and people don't value it as much...

Hey thai actresses already dyed their hair, wear different colors of contact lenses, some even already had some areas in their body parts done, and who knows, maybe in the future they will exopose themselves to the American lifestyle where it's okay to get married and divorce, get pregnant before marriage(which it already did happened to Katreeya M.), sex video expose like Paris Hilton..ect..All the stuffs that we see in the American's(or celeb's lives)...
hmm don't wanna point ur comment out but... Ning K, Ann T, Noon W, Tik not sure which one u're referring to, but they've all dyed their hair... and might've gone with surgery who knows... it's normal, i'm sure everyone has at least tried to dye their hair once in their lifetime. and especially being in the entertainment industry, u have to consider that these actresses have to go with what their boss wants them to do, if they want them to dye their hair, they will need to dye their hair... the next top model is a good example of how it is executed...u do as ur employer wants, no do, no money... that's just how it goes. i agree with cultural traditions are vanishing from new comers because they don't really care as much when it comes to flaunting their skin to the public. which they should heavily respect this aspect as they are still in thailand regardless of whether they care for it or not.

i don't know where u've been but it does happen all the time, thai celebs getting married and divorced... recently, Boom Panatda and Vee her husband, celebrities getting pregnant before marriage...wow! marsha, sinjai, lalitha, pookie and it goes onnnnn why is there so much coincidences when celebrities all happen to give birth prematurely? it's only because they lie they're not pregnant and marry to cover it up... but just 2 months after marriage, they give birth! :eek:

sex videos- sooo many sex videos from celebs out to the public haha... for instance may and num hahah and why he promised he'd marry her because it was brought out to the public's eyes that they've had sex... anna [from jamp] with her hi-so ex-bf, there are much more but i can't think of any at the moment...

thai's are probably worse than some american celebrities... it's just on the LOW... but they all are human, and humans are bound to do the same crap anywho... but yes just wanted to inform u of some of the stuff u didn't know. ;)

o'man and i thought about goin blond this weekend -- already buy the dye and everything... :lol:
sarn...i hope u share ur pic with the hair color... is it platinum... don't go blonde if it's not all the way :lol:

why does it always have to be labeled as "western ", when many people in europe far from the "western" of America have blonde brown hair, and light skin etc. People just have different taste, and they want to change their look, doesn't mean they're not proud of who they are, and where they're from. some people just don't look good with black hair cause it doesn't match with their complexion. some people don't want to dye their hair because they don't want it damaged. who cares?
i agree :)

maijune

SarNie Adult
the only three actresses that are surely natural are ann t, kob s, and aom p...noon w used to be but she got her nose surgery too..so she is no longer natural...other than the three above, are not natural and trying too hard to be wester women as you guys been stated above...

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Dang gurl, u sure know alot heheheh...Anyways, yes Ning K. , Tik, and Noon, Ann t. dyed their hair, but they didn't go really bright with it like celebs these days....some celebs even go blonde....To point out the point, they can change their look and stuffs, but just don't get too carry away with it...

Pat N., Nok(vee's grf), Kwan, Ploy, Yard, and almost all actresses had the same hair colors...dang...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I don't see why you would label it as western though =/ I totally agree with Dory I mean Ning... changing a few parts of your look doesn't necessarily mean that they are trying to imitate or try to be something else. Also when you're famous there is more competition for you to look so producers and managers pressure you to do and not do certain things. And about the sex scandal things.. They are human too it's not like all thai actresses or actors are virgins ... some may be a little kinkyier than other and video record their activities, but then again it is unacceptable because of the cultural differences. short marriages blah that's part of life. You think you love someone and then you realize that you don't you divorce them. Marriage is seen as this "commitment" and how it's unacceptable to be sleeping together if you aren't married (as part of the culture) so why wouldn't they marry and then divorce so soon? LOL I am not saying they marry just to have sex, but they marry to make things right as pressure from the press and public. It's the people and the fans that is the cause of why stars have to do certain things. Hair dye isn't all western I'm sure some of the anciet asian civilizations and dynasty used them also, Shoo why not if they have nail paint ^___^

Ok I know a lot of stuff don't make sense, but I'm sick and I woke up 30 mins ago or so lol so don't bite me for comments coming off to strong

sarN

sarNie Granny
i know old asian lady like to dye their hair light-brown or baby blue LOL so the gray doesn't show plus it make them look young . it popular now cuz i see lots of old G does it

bxz88

sarNie Hatchling
i know old asian lady like to dye their hair light-brown or baby blue LOL so the gray doesn't show plus it make them look young . it popular now cuz i see lots of old G does it

LMAO to the above
:lmao: my parents dye their hair too!
I think it's normal to dye their hair, have surgery, and what not.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Dude I just re-read my comment and wthecko??? LOL dude I must've been somewhere high off cold medicine LOL

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i was acturly gunna dye m hair blonde just to see what it look like 555 buh ppl already say i look like farung and im not =='

its just fasion and its their life what they do... ppl dnt tell u what to do innit

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i don't think it matters if Asian ladies dye their hair lighter... i do it because i like the color and how it looks... it doesn't necessarily mean that i'm trying to become Caucasian....it's just a stereotype...

btw, i think some Asian people look better in lighter hair than the normal dark hair....

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Okay, the only thing I agree is, why are all of these actresses baring it all for the magazine covers, that's not classy at all considering a lot of them aren't even 21 yet.

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
I read a few posts and some people are saying its just a trend. Well, who influences these trends? If not Western countries and Western actresses.

Examples

Jessica Abla

Jessica Simpson

Ashlee

Yard

Poo

Pat

THAT'S JUST A FEW!!!! There's let see, Ploy C, Tangmo, Kwan, Pancake and a bunch of other new actresses. They all LOOK ALIKE!!! Same hairstyle, same hair color. There's NO DIVERSITY, nothing capturing in these actresses except their "idealized view" of beauty. Some Thai actresses have even gone almost completely blond, like one post said. All I see is a bunch of wannabes.

Yes, its their lives. Thats not the point though, I'm saying these actresses are supposedly
the representation of "confident and empowering women" but yet it seems like they can't stand to be in their own skin. SAD!! I'm just saying these actresses shouldn't be made to be the influences of young girls.

Anyways I just thought I'd post about it. :D

i.n.v.u.

sarNie Adult
style are recycle....if anything i say american style is behind Europe and azn..i do agree on them baring all and stuff..i think it a bit much and un-nessary sometime..

ChenrukNote

Goddess
It seems that you are against the Western culture and Westerners. Do you reside in the western region of the world?

The only reason these actresses are seen by the public as "confident and empowering" is because they dress like they do and dye their hair like they do, and show a lot of skin like they do. It's all about sex appeal. I don't think its entirely their fault that they are idolized. The media portrays them a certain way and that certain way is the side that the young teens see since media has such a huge influence on the world today.

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
It seems that you are against the Western culture and Westerners. Do you reside in the western region of the world?

The only reason these actresses are seen by the public as "confident and empowering" is because they dress like they do and dye their hair like they do, and show a lot of skin like they do. It's all about sex appeal. I don't think its entirely their fault that they are idolized. The media portrays them a certain way and that certain way is the side that the young teens see since media has such a huge influence on the world today.
Yes, I'm the against the Western culture and Western societies. And yes, I live in the States. I see the negative influences of Western influences directly, especially the media.

And the negative influences rub off directly on young girls, girls who starve themselves and think that they need to look like the models they see on t.v. and magazines.

And your comment about theses actresses being labeled as "confident and empowering" because they dress the way they do, dye their hair the color they do and show skin? Is that really what confident and empowering is? And is that what confident and empowering women should be seen as? Making woman be seen as sex symbol is really just treating woman as objects, objects to be sold. And you wonder why violence against woman exists...

Look at Ann T and Aom P, totally confident and empowering, good role models as well. And about it not being their fault, well not entirely. Ann T and Aom P are popular, and their not baring it all and going blonde.

Just something to consider.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I have a question why would hair dye and make up count as western? if it was originated in the eastern part of the world. Long before the new world existed? Does that mean western girls try to be asian? because they dye their hair and wear makeup?

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Really? Well ummm can you post pics of actresses that are going blonde who are very looked up to? I'd like to see. And exactly that's not what confidence and empowering is but they are labeled that way because they do what they do.

Plus, why are you getting all feminist in here? This thread turned from thai actresses being too westernized to viewing woman as objects. Keep your thoughts straight.

And actresses do have to sell themselves. Its called marketing, check into it.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The thing I don't get is how are we suppose to all differ? They leave their hair long they are considered trying to be wester they cut it short they are trying to be korean or japanese. When will people quit judging? maybe some people are thinking to hard about things and what they see.

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
Really? Well ummm can you post pics of actresses that are going blonde who are very looked up to? I'd like to see. And exactly that's not what confidence and empowering is but they are labeled that way because they do what they do.

Plus, why are you getting all feminist in here? This thread turned from thai actresses being too westernized to viewing woman as objects. Keep your thoughts straight.

And actresses do have to sell themselves. Its called marketing, check into it.
Im sure if you want to find pics of actresses who almost completely go blond you can find them- Ploy C in her lakorn with Por as one example.

And actresses being too Westernized and woman being seen as objects are similar things. Actresses sell because of the way they look, and what influences their look? Well I argued Western culture- same idea just deeper thought...

And actresses don't have to sell themselves or their looks, if they have the talents as actresses they will be popular either way. Marketing generates money for the men that run the industry, I'm sure they don't care about any of the messages they're sending out.

And about feminism, what about it? Feminism really is aim at arguing for equality between men and woman..thats not what I'm getting at. :huh:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
hmm in the lakorn doesn't your producers have the ability to tell you what color to dye your hair and what not? ^____^.. and actresses don't have to sell themselves? Well take the pancake thread for example girls tried to make a petition to take her off screen for lol how funny The way she looks..... so that's what im not understanding ... she's being herself =/, but people are complaining