Thai Jasmine Flower

punrakun

sarNie Egg
Hi,

I'm looking for pix of Jasmine Flower. Google doesn't have any good pix. The Jasmine Flowers are featured in most Thai Lakorn, so if you have any pix of the flowers, please post it. Thank you.

samtly

Xtreme sarNie

i think this is the flower cause they used it alot in thai lakorn. but i dont think this is jasmine. it is call something else

punrakun

sarNie Egg
I don't know if this pic is better than what you've found...or looking for?
Almost. Thanks anyway.

lol..that flowers called Frangipani.. yea it is used a lot in lakorns

This is the flower I'm looking for. I love the yellow color in the center of the flower. Thanks Everyone! I saw this flower all over Phuket this summer, but I didn't have a chance to take a pix. Feel free to post some more pix if you have any. I can't wait to paint it. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

SouthernGal

sarNie Hatchling

i think this is the flower cause they used it alot in thai lakorn. but i dont think this is jasmine. it is call something else
I really like this picture! I like the way you took it, looks really professional..isnt this the flower that Noon likes in Kan Lum Kong?? its really pretty.

punrakun

sarNie Egg
i have always know this flower as Frangipani................

another thing hope u guy can give me comment this, i took tis picture................
A very beautiful picture, well taken!! One of the best picture so far. This flower has many names since its found in diffent places such as Hawaii, Indonesia, India and Thailand. I did some research and yes...its known as Frangipani, Champa, Plumeria..etc

sweet_azn

sarNie Adult
i think its called plumeria because when i looked it up on google, it said plumeria.. and thats wat i knew it was called... i looove plumerias!!

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
thank you for this thread! i was wondering wats the name of this flower too! i really like it i wish where i live has it but it don't, so it grows on tree??

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
That flower is so pretty! :spin:

I wanna grow them in my mommi's garden hehehe :loool:

SilverDragon_999

sarNie Hatchling
in thailand, isn't there some story behind this flower? before this flower was considered to be bad luck to be planted anywhere else besides the temples because of its name but the king recently changed its name from 'lantom' to 'lilawadee' so that people can plant it. i'm just wondering if anyone knows the story behind the name 'lantom'...

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
it is not the fact the it is bad luck. but u usually get this type of flower grow in cemetry and it does somewhat associate with death. tat is y when i suggest that i want to grow it in the garden and my mom said no

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Isn't the Thai name for this flower Lantom and the Laos name dok champa? I don't know the name of it in English though. I love the smell of this flower. So beautiful!!! I think they mentioned the name of this flower in Tae Pang Korn (spelling?)...the lakorn with Ann and Num. I believe they called it Lantom.

natty

Chubs
yes that flower is called plumeria.. lantom in thai does mean death which was why they changed it to lilawadee.. and yes the name in laos is called champa... my mom grows it in her back yard and as far as i know, there arent any badluck... it just depend on if you believe or not...

jasmine is called "maleek" in thai.. in lakorns you usually see those flowers put in water that you drink.. remember the lakorn koo gum? ungsumalin's mom and grandmother called kobori "pau dok maleek" and at the scene toward the ending where she fainted on the step she was holding a pot of jasmine

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
yes that flower is called plumeria.. lantom in thai does mean death which was why they changed it to lilawadee.. and yes the name in laos is called champa... my mom grows it in her back yard and as far as i know, there arent any badluck... it just depend on if you believe or not...

jasmine is called "maleek" in thai.. in lakorns you usually see those flowers put in water that you drink.. remember the lakorn koo gum? ungsumalin's mom and grandmother called kobori "pau dok maleek" and at the scene toward the ending where she fainted on the step she was holding a pot of jasmine

cool. thanks for explanation natty!