Takuya Kimura's Upcoming Role

Nameless

N i n j a
KIMUTAKU'S UPCOMING BIG FILM ROLE

The last time we saw SMAP member Kimura Takuya (32) on the big screen was for Wong Kar Wai's "2046". Kimura is back again with a role for a samurai film titled "Bushi no Ichibun"directed by Yamada Yoji (who directed the Academy Award nominated "Tasogara Seibei" (Twilight Samurai"). Kimura will play the blind samurai Mimura Shinnosuke out for revenge. Kimura has been in several films but always has shared the spotlight with other lead actors. The film is a big test for Kimura, if his drama ratings magic can bring in box office returns.

-- credit J!-Ent
---

I'm actually lookin' forward to see him in a film. I rather see him starring in films than dramas. It looks like it'll be a good one.

Nameless

N i n j a
Kimutaku to be a Samurai

The Shochiku movie studio announced this week that SMAP star Kimura Takuya (32) is to play the lead in the latest samurai movie by director Yamada Yoji (69). In "Bushi no Ichibun," Kimutaku will have his first period drama role, as Mimura Shinnosuke, a retainer to a feudal lord who loses his sight after tasting poison intended for his master. He loses his job, and his wife seeks the help of a powerful local bureaucrat. But she is raped, leading Shinnosuke to plot his revenge. The movie is Yamada's third samurai flick after many years directing the "Otoko wa Tsurai Yo" series. He received an Academy Award nomination for "Tasogare Seibei" (Twilight Samurai) in 2004, the year he made "Kakushi Ken, Oni no Tsume" (The Samurai's Hidden Sword).

credits to http://www.japan-zone.com

neena

sarNie Adult
i love samurai movies...there interesting!! kimura's hott...maybe i'll check it out when it comes out.