Smooth Operator (CH 44 : END)

yayayaya

sarNie Hatchling
U made my day by updating, yet broke my heart at the same time omg your so mean.... Poor yaya poor nadech..... Cry....:(

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
This is such a heart-wrenching and sad chapter.  :weep: :weep: :weep:

:thanks: again Noy, really appreciated it!

yayayaya

sarNie Hatchling
Are we ever going the ending to this story OMG u are killing me I'm dieing to read the ending to this great story... Please update.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 42

2 MONTHS LATER

SONG PLAYING: CHRISTINA PERRI - A THOUSAND YEARS PART 2http://youtu.be/9RbcR_KSRB8

"Just a nightmare…" Yaya utters under her breath, as she stares at her reflection, braiding her hair slowly, "A terrifying, horrible nightmare…" she exhausts deeply, still shaken up by it. It's the fourth nightmare this week-- the same reoccurring nightmare for the past week. The same reoccurring nightmare too. She remembers it so vividly, as if she were living in it.

The dark circles and bags around her eyes becomes is more visible tonight than and it's all because of those nightmares. She's been restless for the past four nights. Haunted by those reoccurring nightmares that felt so real. Never in a million years did she imagine waking up scream at the top of her lungs with tears streaming down her cheeks. 

She remembers the nightmare vividly as if she experienced it first hand. It was a quiet night and she was relaxing in the tub, thinking about the whole situation with Nadech. The conversation she had with Eric replays in her mind. Although it was a dream, the conversation she replayed in her mind was real. Eric convinced her to see Nadech and that's exactly what she did-- she went to his Nadech's apartment. She was desperate to talk to him but when she arrived at his apartment, she walked in on him locking lips with a faceless woman. At first it appeared to be Davika, but she transformed into an unknown woman. Devastated and in tears, she fleas his apartment while Nadech chases her. His voice echoes eerily in her ears eerily as he chased her frantically down the hall. The walls around her slowly began to cave in and everything became dark. The scene changed and she found herself in her car. Nadech tries his hardest to stop her but she drives away in the thunderous rainstorm. The tears stream down her eyes, synchronizing to the rain. Her heart races, mind frantic and scared. Her surrounding turns unfamiliar as she drives on an unmark territory. That's when it horror happens: she collides with a semi-truck, head on. Her body's thrown out of the window and she lies unconscious on the cold wet concrete. In this nightmare, she dies repeatedly. 

The image of her death becomes crystal clear in her mind. Her body lies in a huge puddle of blood as the rain falls heavily down her dead cold body. Tears still stream down her eyes, although she's completely lifeless. A traumatizing nightmare as the image of her dead body haunts her. She has lost countless hours of sleep over it. Too afraid to sleep, fearful of it happening again so she stays awake at night. No matter how hard she tries to forget it or how many times she tells herself it's a nightmare, it can't escape from her mind. And the more her nightmare occurs, the more real it gets. What could the nightmare possibly mean? Metaphorically speaking, did it mean she could die tonight if things don't go according to plan? Or is it going to be a new beginning starting from a horrific past? She couldn't wrap her fingers around it and it was starting to frustrate her. The nightmare has been so vague and she didn't understand what it mean. 

This was the first time she's ever had such a horrific nightmare, let alone a reoccurring nightmare. And it only started to occur when Kimmy came by earlier this week to invite her to Nadech's birthday party.  

FLASHBACK

"I-- I don't know Kimmy…" she hesitated, "I--I think I should go--" she told Kimmy wearily.

"Please Yaya, you have to go…" she plead, "His mother really wants you there--"

"But Nadech and I aren't togeth--"

"It doesn't matter if you and Barry aren't together--" she interrupted, "His mother personally wanted me to invite you. Please do it for her-- not Barry, remember that…" 

"But how can I face her when I'm the one who humiliated her son in public on New Year's Eve?" Yaya snickered embarrassingly, "She told me I was such a good woman and how I'm the best thing that ever happen to Nadech and that she hoped we could work it out… but look at where we're at now…" she lowered her head in shame, "Not a good woman after all, am I? I humiliated her son in front of everyone. How can I possibly face her?"

Kimmy took her hands, "She isn't mad at you at all-- not one bit, sweetheart--" She smiled at her reassuringly, "She understands you completely. You weren't ready for that step and you needed more time. So don't be so hard on yourself. You weren't ready to say yes and Barry shouldn't have pushed you like that… No one was expecting that from him… It was quite a shock, believe me--" she chuckled uneasily, trying to light up the mood.

Yaya lets out a loud sigh, forcing a slight grin, unsure of what to do.

"So please say you'll come… It would mean the world to her if you came." Kimmy smiles at her genuinely, "She'll be more than happy to see you." She squeezes her hand.

After some hesitation, Yaya nodded her head in agreement.

So now here she is, getting ready for the birthday party. Her stomach's filled with knots and her mind's scattered with thoughts. It'll be her first encounter with Nadech after a month-- since the New Year's Eve incident. To her surprise, Nadech has kept his words and left her alone. Not once did he try to contact her. A bitter farewell for the both of them. 

She finishes her makeup and gets dress. Eric would be here any minute. She sits on her bed and pulls out the scrapbook that Kimmy gave her from her nightstand. Nadech had made it for her when she was traveling the world, along with the sweet memories they shared together.

"Barry wanted to give it to you but he didn't know when was the best chance. He wanted to throw it away but I stole it from him and wanted you to see what he's done…"

Yaya opened the book and inside lay a sealed white envelop. Her heart begins to race as she stares at the envelop. I hope you solve all the problem tonight. A small grin appears on her face, sighing with relief as she puts away the scrapbook.

Just then the doorbell rings. She quickly shoves the envelop in her purse and grabs her coat, heading towards the door. 

Eric stood before her, wearing a big smile. "You ready…?" he asks. 

She forces a smile, nodding her head. Her stomach turns with nerves but she doesn't show it. 

"Are you sure you want to do this…?" Eric ask as Yaya closes the door behind them, "Because there is no turning back…." 

"I think so." she tells him unconfidently. 

"Alright then. Kimmy's waiting for us." He tells her, with a smile.

They walk out her apartment and with each step, her stomach flutters with butterflies, tied in knots. Please let me know if I'm doing the right thing She ask herself, trying to fine any sign possible. Suddenly, she's reminded of her recent encounter with Davika at the coffee shop earlier this week.  

The car ride there was nerve wrecking but the conversation between her and Davika replays in her mind.

FLASHBACK

"How are you Yaya…?" Davika smiles sincerely.

"Never been better," Yaya lies, staring at the woman before her, showing no emotions. Something about her seemed different.

"It's really good to see you." Davika utters, "I always wondered if I'd ever bump into you again and look at us now!" She chuckles.

Yaya forces a smile on her face, pretending she's thrilled but she could care less.

After a moment of silence, Davika breaks the silence.

"Listen Yaya--" Davika's expression changed, "I'm really glad I bumped into you today… I want to apologize for what I've done to you." She swallows hard, getting choked up.

Yaya was taken back by her apology but she remained quiet.

"Have you spoken to Barry?" She asked.

"Is that why you're glad to see me? To talk about Nadech?" Yaya asked irritatedly.

"No--No--" she quickly defended herself, "I--I just meant, have you two been talking? Have you seen him lately? It's been a while since I seen Barry… probably been two years ago..." 

"I wouldn't know. We aren't together anymore if that's what you're trying to get at-- Two years ago, he chose you over me, so you should know more than me" Yaya replied sternly.

Davika's eyes widen with surprise.

"Chose me…?" She jolted her head back in surprise, "He never chose me." She snickered.

Yaya stared at her in a dazed, unsure of what she meant.

"Listen Yaya--" Davika cleared her throat, "I-- I want to apology for coming between you and Barry…" she stared at Yaya with sympathetic eyes that were on the verge of tears, "I'm sorry for kissing Barry that one day…"

Yaya swallowed hard, eyes widen with surprise. She wasn't expecting an apology for her, especially after their last encounter. 

"I seriously didn't mean for things to go the way they did and I didn't mean to be the cause of the breakup…" she utters as a tear rolled down her cheek, "I-It was a selfish act. I wanted Barry to myself and for myself. I'm… I'm not right in the head… I thought if I came back, he'll take me back but he didn't want me. In fact he despised me." She grinned, slowly reaching for Yaya's hand, "That day I kissed Barry, I knew you were looking for him. It so happened that I was with him. I wanted you to walk in on us kissing and things happen according to my plan… Barry had nothing to do with the kiss… in  fact, he tried to pull back but I pulled him closer…" She hung her head in shame.

Yaya stared at her dumbfounded, unable to utter a word.

"I'm really sorry, Yaya. It had nothing to do with you… I just wanted to hurt Barry… I wanted Barry to suffer the way I did. Here I was, coming back to home only to find out my ex-boyfriend, Barry, living happily. I grew bitter because I thought he would want me back the moment he saw me. But I realized he moved on a long time ago…"

"Why are you telling me all this…?" Yaya finally spoke, startled by everything she's confessing to her.

"Because I want Barry to be happy," She smiled. "And I finally realized now that you're the one who makes him happy."

"He doesn't want me. He's still in love with you," she told Davika.

Davika shakes her head, "Barry's not in love with me… He's in love with you. Barry never looked at me the way he looks at you… It's written all over his face. It may have come out as if he loved me, but he doesn't. He just needed closure for what I did to him. He was bitter because I walked out of him. Barry doesn't want anything else from me." 

Yaya stared at Davika, unsure if she should believe the words of a deceiving fox. "What do you want me to do?"

Davika smiled, "I want you to work things out with Barry. He really loves you. I'm really sorry for getting in between your relationship. I know my apology won't mean anything to you but I hope you reconsider giving Barry another chance. I don't want anything else from Barry. I just want you two to work things out. And Barry didn't put me up to this either. I don't know how he's doing but I can guess he's probably miserable because you two aren't together… but I really do hope you two work things out."

Just like that Davika left. In a way, it felt like a weight has been lifted from her shoulders, almost as if she had gotten closure. As Eric pull up in the driveway, her heart begin racing faster than before. Reality is setting in and she prays everything goes smoothly.

-----------------------------------------------

Nadech loosen his tie, feeling it suffocating him. Usually he would be in the mood for mingling but tonight he didn't want anything to do with it. He told Kimmy and his mother not to throw him a party for his birthday but then went and surprise him anyways.

To make matters worst, he's been having a reoccurring nightmares of Davika ruining his life again. He's been on edge for tonight, in case Davika does an act and appear before his eyes. He gets himself triple shot of tequila, hoping to calm his nerves.

"Whoa there Barry…" Kimmy utters, "Take it easy on the liquor! I know it's your birthday but it doesn't mean you can get shitfaced wasted! The night is still young!" she snags like a mother.

"Just warming up--" Barry tells Kimmy, then gesturing for the bartender to pour him another triple shot. He quickly takes the shot, letting the liquor burns his throat. 

As he's about to ask for another shot, Kimmy intervenes, "Enough Barry--" she pulls him away. "Let's go mingle." She smiles at him. "How does it feel to be another year older?" She ask him, making small talk.

He shrugs, "I don't feel anything," he tells her, "That means I need more liquor," He exasperate in distress.

"Aw, come on-- you must be excited! It's a new year and you're another year older-- so many new things await--"

"Kimmy, I don't have time for small talk. Get to the point of what you're trying to do here," he demands.

She closes her mouth instantly, "Oh, I just remembered that your mother's calling me. Be back later--" with that, she quickly disappears.

He tries to stop her but she moves too quickly. Just then his mother walks to him, "Happy birthday Sweetheart," She kisses him on the cheek, "This facial hair is making you unrecognizable, Sweetheart--" she squeezes his cheeks. 

"Thank mother-- but can you not do that in public--" he rolls his eyes in embarrassment, "Wait--I thought you wanted to see Kimmy?" he ask confusingly.

"Kimmy?" She looks at him weird, "Why do I need to see Kimmy?" she ask.

He realizes Kimmy was just dodging the question he had asked.

"Oh nothing mother--" he utters, exhaling deeply, wishing the night were over.

"So how are you sweetheart?" his mother ask, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing fine mother," he answers quickly, hoping she wouldn't bring up the subject of Yaya.

"That's good to hear sweetheart," she tells him, knowing that he was lying to her "Easy on the liquor okay? I love you and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you tonight ," she squeezes his hand, "Well-- I'll leave you alone." She kisses him and a long hug, "Everything will be okay..," she reassures him, "It takes time and patience sweetheart, remember that--" she squeezes his hands. 

He stares at her blankly, but knew exactly what she meant by it. It was their way of talking about things without actually speaking about what's bothering him. Just then the lights began to dim and Nadech knew what time it was.

"Let's go blow out your birthday cake, sweetheart," his mother smiles up at him. He chuckles, didn't expect them Kimmy to surprise him like this. She usually gather people around. Everybody surrounds him, singing happy birthday. After they were done, they shouted make a wish and blow out the candle.

He closes his eyes and blow out the candle. Once he was done, the lights came back on.

"Let's drink to the birthday boy!" Kimmy shouted.

Everybody raised their glasses and sipped champagne. 

"Thanks everybody," Nadech smiles, "Cheers and keep on drinking. The bar's still open, so have at it--" He grins at everyone and took a sip of his champagne.

Nadech excuse him to the bathroom to wash up a bit. He walks back to main room. He hear foot steps behind him but he didn't pay much attention to it. He grabs one of the champagne from the servant and begins to walk around, talking to random people there. 

Kimmy stops him, "Hey Barry-- I have one more surprise for you--" She tells him with a big smile on her face.

"What is it now?" He ask, tired of surprises.

She smiles, "Behind you," glancing over his shoulder.

Confused, he slowly turns around. His eyes grew ten times wider, heart pounds loudly against his chest. He's frozen in time as he stares at Yaya. She's right in front of him, grinning shyly. He is stunned and speechless, unable to process what he's seeing at the moment. 

"Happy Birthday Nadech…" she softly whispers, "How-- How are you…?" she utters, "I'm-- I'm sorry I don't have a gift for you but I have this for you…" She digs in her purse, pulling out a white envelop and holds it out in front of her, waiting for Nadech to take it.

He doesn't accept it yet. Too shaken up by what he sees in front of him, wondering if his mind is playing a trick or if he really is in reality. He stares at the envelop she's holding and then back at her. He's unable to grasps what's going on, wondering if it was a prank of some sort.

Time and patience. Maybe that's what his mother meant. Give it time and patience. 

"Say something Barry…" Kimmy nudges him after he stares at Yaya for quite some time. 

He clinches his jaw and shouts at the top of his lungs, "Can I have everyone's attention!!" his eyes stay fixed on Yaya. "Can everyone get closer please!" He shouts. Everybody circles him and Yaya.

"I would like to give a toast to this woman before me--" He raised his glass, smirking devilishly, "Let's raise a glass to this woman before me -- she's the woman who shattered my heart in public, a month ago--"

Kimmy pulls on Nadech's sleeve, "What are you doing?!" She utters through her teeth trying to get him to stop, but he continues on, despite Kimmy pulling him.

"I proposed to her again a month, on New Year's Eve in front of everyone and she turned me down--" He tilts his head, "In front of everyone-- And never one did I get an explanation from her… and now here she is, standing before me, handing me what looks like an apology letter…" he snatches it from her quickly.

"Let's give it up to her for showing up today, on my birthday and expecting everything to be okay--" he lift his glasses and downs glass of the champagne, not taking his eyes off of her for one second.

In the heat of the moment, he throws the glass down towards Yaya's feet, shattering it to million of pieces, startling her to death. The crowd gasps, unsure what was going on.

Nadech takes her white envelop and viciously rips it in hall. he cripples it and tosses it in Yaya's face. Everyone gasps, covering their mouth in horror. 

He takes a step closer, "A month later and you can't speak to me in person so you write a sorry ass letter…?" He snickers, "Whatever you have to say in the stupid letter, you can forget it-- I don't want hear it-- I heard everything you had to say that night you broke my heart. Your action speaks louder than your stupid letter--" He walks passed her, bumping her on the shoulder, almost causing her to lose balance. 

SONG PLAYING: ONE REPUBLIC - APOLOGIZEhttp://youtu.be/fm0T7_SGee4

He stops and glances at her from the corner of his eyes, "One more thing-- I was never in love with you… you were merely a prize and I wanted to see if I could win… surely I did because I took what's precious of yours. Women like you are so gullible-- they will eat up every word you tell them. You were just an accessory for my bedroom… you're nothing but a worthless woman…" he utters coldly before storming away in anger. 

Yaya gasps for air, unable to breath, feeling him jab her in the heart and turning the knife slowly to watch her suffer. She glances down at the ripped crumpled envelop before reaching down and picking it up. She maintains composure, although she's shaken up by it. No tears to shed. They have dried up a long time ago. She succumbs to the numb feeling as she turns around to walk away. 

Eric offers to take her home but she tells him she rather take a cab home. She needed to be left alone. On her way out, she toss the envelop in the trash and leaves the party.

Her nightmare came true, a part of her did die tonight and she watched it unfold in front of her.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi noy i love this ff ! yadech are not in good place lots of affliction and poor yaya, i feel her pain ! Hope they're able to resolve and get back cos their love deserves it ! with appreciation.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
take your time with next update noy! best wishes in your studies!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 43

11:40 p.m. 

SONG PLAYING: JOHN MAYER - SLOW DANCING IN A BURNING ROOM

Yaya walk along the lonely sidewalk dimly lit by the street lights. The cool breeze, brushes against her bare legs and arms. She holds tightly onto her purse, trudging slowly along the stretched sideway, following the straight line of the pavement. Any other night the sidewalk will be filled with people. But not tonight. It's almost as if God knew she wanted to be left alone. Away from the bright lights and loud noise. 

She told Eric she'd take a cab but she lied. She needed to clear her thoughts. Her mind's completely numb. She's not sure what she should be feeling. Sad. Heartbroken. Disappointed. Angry. Defeat. It's all intertwined into a big ball of mixed emotions. She's in need of false comforting, needing to be told everything will be okay. But deep down, she isn't so sure if everything will be alright. She questions everything between her and Nadech. Could it possibly be over?

Yaya stops abruptly, noticing the bright flashing lights and distant chatters. The boardwalk carnival. Her heart sinks to her stomach as she's reminded of when Nadech brought her here to cheer her up. A tiny grin sweeps over her face as she thinks back to that day. Chin had just broken her heart and Nadech did all he could to cheer her up. She remembered the way he made her smile to the way he kept his distance from her, almost as if he was intimidated by her. And who could forget the stuffed bear he won her. To her surprised, she still kept the bear, although it stays hidden in her closet.

SONG PLAYING: MARIAH CAREY - I STAY IN LOVE

She begins to get choked up, feeling a lump lodged in her throat as she thinks of what Nadech has said to her earlier tonight. A worthless woman… an accessory to his bedroom… gullible… I was never in love with you… a prize to be won…  His words spin around her head, cutting deep internal wounds not visible to the naked eye. Who knew words can cut do deeply and do so much damage. Deep down she thought it would have gone differently. In fact, she prayed that it did. But she didn't expect for him to snap the way he did. Never has she seen him filled with so much anger and hate. It felt weird to have the table turned on her. A taste of her own medicine, per say. She's feeling strange about the whole situation, almost accustomed to the pain. But tonight, she won't shed any tears, not an ounce. 

Her mind's feeling as if it could explode any moment, overanalyzing every detail of the incident. So many feelings left unexpressed but there was nothing much she could do. She pulls out her phone, checking the time, almost midnight. Not wanting to be disturbed, she powers down her phone then begins to steer away from the boardwalk, moving along the lonely sidewalk, where she belongs.

A worthless woman… an accessory to his bedroom… gullible… I was never in love with you… a prize to be won… His heart-stabbing words continues to echo loudly in her mind. His voice filled with rage. Oh, how she wished she could go back to the way things were. She thinks of happier days, almost forgetting what it felt to be happy and carefree. She missed those day where Nadech made her smile till her cheeks hurt. Or times where he made her laugh until her stomach hurts. Days where they would stay up talking about anything and everything. Times where she'd lie in his arm and think how perfect everything was as she watched him sleep. Stargazing nights. Sunset mornings. Camping outdoors. Bon fires. Long walks on the beach, hand in hand. Mornings waking up in his arms. Moments where she catches him staring at her for no apparent reasons. Times where her stomach fills with butterflies and he makes her weak in the knees. But most of all, she missed him

But she built an indestructible wall, making it impossible for Nadech or anyone to barricade through. Now look where she's at-- alone, heartbroken, still holding on to those precious memories that they've shared. She wonders if things can ever go back to the way they were. How could she possibly work things out when she's still bitter about her past?

Yaya gets choked up, realizing that tears are rolling down her face. She quickly wipe the tears from her face, stopping herself from crying any further. Now the walk home seems lonelier than ever and the stillness of the night forces her to think of everything she and Nadech had.  She questions if things can ever go back to the way they were. They're far over their heads and she's unsure if they could make it work. It might be over… it possible could be over… she utters to herself. The pit of her stomach turns sour.

------------------

1:05 a.m. 

SONG PLAYING: CLASH - LAKORN RUK TAE| LYRICS

After walking aimlessly along the deserted streets, she finally arrives at her apartment complex. She takes the elevator to her apartment, exhausted as her feet ache from walking a distance. Exhaling deeply, she reaches into her purse, grabbing the key to her apartment. The elevator opens and she walks out steadily, making her way down the lonely hall once again.

She freezes immediately, as though a ghost passed through her body. Face turns pale and her heart drops to the ground. She's unable to move, too stricken by shock: Nadech sits by the door, head hung low, waiting anxiously for her.

Nadech glances up at her, with a look of distressed and concern lurking behind his eyes. He rises slowly, swallowing hard. His eyes slightly red as if he's been crying, knuckles slightly wounded with scratches, indicating he took his anger out on something, dress shirt unbutton as his tie hangs around his neck. They don't utter a single word, instead they stare at one another from a distance. Without uttering a single word, they connected. Their mind spins with unanswered questions but too afraid to speak.

"I'm-- I'm sorry…" Yaya finally spoke up, clearing her groggy throat. "For showing up uninvited tonight…" she fidgets with her keys, glaring at him sympathetically, "I shouldn't have come when I knew I wasn't invited…" 

He clears his throat, "Don't apology…"  he utters, feeling his voice becoming scratchy, "I should be apologizing… for what I did tonight… and for what I've said tonight… I didn't mean a single word… it was out of anger…" he lowers his head, swallowing hard, "Something came over me and I just took it a step too far…" he rubs his knuckles, which still throbbed in pain. "I-- I am sorry… truly sorry… I'm not expecting you to accept it either…"

Yaya stares at him, finally seeing the same pain and suffering behind his eyes. It's the same look she sees whenever she looks at her own reflection. It almost seem as if she had been looking at her own reflection.

"Do you want to come inside for some tea…?" Yaya finally ask him, forcing herself to hold back the tears. He nods his head, forcing a weary grin on his face.

She opens the door and lets him in. She tells him to have a seat while she makes the tea. Shortly, she returns with tea in her hands, placing it down on the coffee table. Silence fills the room as they both sip on the tea. Everything around them was quiet. So quiet, all they could hear was the sound of their heart beating fast. Their minds are filled with thoughts and words, yet they couldn't express anything now that they're in front of each other.

Yaya stares at him from the corner of her eyes, wondering what he could possibly be thinking about. She was even surprised he came to see her, especially after what happen tonight. She didn't expect him to show up at her apartment. Suddenly seeing him sit in silence made her heart feel weary. Something just didn't settle right with her.

She notices his scratched up hands, "Does it hurt…?" She breaks the silence with small talks, trying to get something rolling.

Nadech clenches and unclenches his fist, almost forget he took his anger out on the wall earlier today. He shook his head, "I've been in worst pain…" He tells her, showing a weary smile.

She knew he was talking about what she had done to him that night but she doesn't bring it up.

"Where do we go from here…? " Nadech finally asks, setting his tea down on the coffee table.

Immediately her heart drops. The conversation can go two possible ways: they can either work things out or they must go their own separate ways. 

"Where can we go from here… ?" Yaya finishes what he's thinking, "Nothing's getting resolved and we're just going in circle…" He glances up, realizing she had read his mind, noticing her eyes beginning to well up with tears.

"What more can we possibly do…? " She stares at him in defeat, "How can we go back to the way they were?" She questions, "When everything between us is going all wrong …?" Finally the tear rolls down her cheek, "Should we try to work things out…? Is it even worth giving another try…? When we're fighting a battle that seems impossible to win… you're still bitter and I'm still bitter… it's a never-ending circle for us… we're chasing one another and it's a constant battle between us…" she gasps for air, feeling miserable to be talking to him about this, "Is it time that we go our own separate ways… and say we've tried all that we could to make it work…?"

Nadech stares at her, seeing the tears rolling down her eyes. He slowly reaches for her cheek but she stops him, slightly pushing his hand away "Please don't…" She forces a smile, unable to control her tears now, "I don't want you any false comforting right now… Just tell me something… give me something…"

He clenches his fist and pulls back. All he can do is watch as she wipes her own tears from her face. He lowers his head and clenches his jaw before letting out a loud sigh of desperation. He's grown mute, unable to say anything.

"Please tell me, what are we going to do Nadach…?" She ask, feeling defeated, "Tell me something I need to hear and not what I want to hear…" she glances at him with an eyeful of tears.

Despite what she told him earlier, Nadech moves in closer to her and reaches for her cheeks, wiping the tears away. His heart breaks seeing her in tears, "Yaya…" he utters softly, "I love you…" putting her hands together as he caresses them gently. 

She stares into his eyes, finally seeing the pure honesty when he utter the words of love but she knew needed to wait for his punchline to eat her away.

He pauses before continuing "… But I think it's time we go our separate ways…" He finally said it. The biggest punchline she wished she'd never had to hear.

Unable to restrain herself, she cries uncontrollably, afraid it might get to that point. It's the end for them. She covers her mouth, trying her hardest not to cry but it hits her hard, right through her chest and deep down to her flesh and bones. She aches all over, feeling numb and immune to such pain.

He pulls her closer, hugging her tightly, comforting her despite her telling him not but she doesn't resist him. She clings onto him for the false comfort, knowing deep down, it's exactly  what she needed to hear.

He pulls back, wiping the tears from her face, "Listen to me…" he utters softly, "I love you Yaya… I love you more than anything in this world-- I truly and genuinely do… " he caresses her wet cheeks, "But we can't be together right now…" His eyes slowly begins to well up with tears, "It really kills me to say this because I hate seeing you in this condition… I've watched you cry one too many times and I hate it… but deep down, we knew this was coming… I've thought about this and I know you have too-- we just can't be together right now-- We're riding a merry-go-round, spinning in circle with no direction to go but in circles…  it's a constant war between us with no winners… you won't let your guard down and I keep fighting for us when I know I should let you go… I'm still bitter and you're still bitter… And that won't help us at all… It's time that we let our hearts fully heal… So I have to let you go so you can live your life…" he swallows hard, not wanting to say it but felt the lump in his throat growing bigger with each passing second. Suddenly, he realizes what his mother meant by time and patience. It was time to let her go.

She closes her eyes tightly, crying even louder than before, covering her mouth, unable to speak. She told herself she wouldn't let herself get to this point but unable to control the emotions she's locked up for so long. And through all the tears, all she can do is nod her head.

SONG PLAYING: PANNADDA - SIN SOOT SUER TEE || LYRICS

He carefully pulls her up, devastated by what he just did but knew it's best for the both of them. He holds her up like glue, supporting her up in all possible way. She manages to open her eyes, staring up at him through her teary eyes, noticing the tears sliding down his cheeks. Shaken up by everything, she gently reaches for his cheeks to wipe his tears away, "I-- I love you Nadech…" She finally utters through her staggering trembly voice, finally able to see the sincerity in his eyes. This awakening isn't to hurt her but it is reality setting in that they were better off without each other.

His knees felt weak as she utters those words. Nadech kisses her forehead, embracing her one last time, "When the time is right, we'll cross path someday in the future…" He closes his eyes tightly, "Until then, please live your life happily… I want you to be happy… even if it might not be with me…" the last part scares him but he truly wants her to be happy. Nadech hugs her passionately, not wanting to let her go but he knew he had to let her go.

After what seems like an eternal, Nadech takes a step back, gently lifts her head to give her one last gentle kiss. Her lips quiver, realizing it's the final kiss goodbye. She grew weak in the knees as she held her breath.

Nadech finally retreats, taking a step back, slowly letting go of her hands. He flashes one last smile, "Goodbye Yaya…" he whispers softly, smiling from ear to ear.

"Goodbye Nadech…" she whispers back as she forces a smile on her face.

His tears begin to well up again but before it slides down his cheek, he turns away, exiting her apartment. 

Yaya watches him leave, feeling her heart breaks with each passing second, "Please be happy Nadech…" she utters to herself, as the door closes behind him.

If you love something, let it go… and if we're meant to be, time will reunite us… Nadech utters as he walks down the lonely hall.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
hi noy its a very sad situation yadech are going thru atm ! hope when they are calmed they weigh carefully their love and happiness whenever they were together. they deserve each other bcos they love deeply and their love never left ! so tender he was to his love ! u wrote so well i feel every emotions and pain yadech are going thru ! awesome songs noy, mc n jm, i love your selection. i cant wait to find out yadechs decision and hopefully will be a good one ! thanks very much for your time noy, with appreciation.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 44 END

SONG PLAYINGBRIAN MCKNIGHT - BACK AT ONE

February 14th
11:10 p.m. 
some time in the future

She elegantly walks the long stretched hall. Her heels strikes the ground, echoing loudly throughout the hall as she gracefully strut the invisible runway. She holds her clutch purse tightly, pausing a bit to adjust her white laced dress. Music softly plays as she gets near the main room. The dimly lit lights and romantic setting of the place brings a grin to the corners of her lip, making her heart flutter. She stops for a brief second to admire the beauty everything. 

A Valentine's Day wonderland, just like in Alice's. Dimly lit lights fills the place with red, pink and white heart shaped balloons dangling from the ceiling. Her heart jumps a little, filled with joy as she's captivated and memorized by such a marvelous creation. Her lips curl into a bigger grin as she's flooded with sweet memories. It's been ages since she's step foot into Tiki's Bar & Lounge, yet nothing has changed. Everything's still the same. From a distance, she notices a stage being set up, a live band performing of some sort. 

As she continues scanning the place, a host approaches her and greets her pleasantly. "How are you tonight Miss?" he smiles politely.

"Hi--I'm doing quite well," She smiles back. 

"Are you single or taken?" He asks politely, holding up two pins, a red and a white, and one in each hand

She grins back at him, "I'm still waiting for my Mr. Right," she replies playfully.

He nods his head, handing her a pin that read Waiting for Mr. Right, unsure if he realize she was joking.  "Welcome to our special valentine's day event," utters.

Yaya takes the red pin, chuckling to herself. She carefully pins it on her white dress, close to her chest, where all important things go, close to the heart. Then she gracefully takes a few more strides as if she were a weightless ballerina. She continues scanning the place, searching for a familiar face but Eric is nowhere to be found. From a distance, she notices a stage being set up, a live band performing of some sort.

She makes her way to the bar to order an apple martini for old time's sake.

"What will it be?" The bartender asks her with a smile.

"An apple martini please--" she tells him, handing him her credit card.

Just as her drink arrives, her phone vibrates in her purse and it's Eric texting her. "Be there soon, got caught up with work. Have a drink while you wait," the text read.

She smiles and text back, "Okay."

It's her first week back from a trip around the world and she has yet to see Eric and now he's making her wait. She doesn't mind, however. She enjoys people watching at bars as she listens to sweet sound of jazz. She takes her drink and steps away from the bar, searching for a perfect place to sit where Eric can find her without any trouble. She spots one immediately and makes her way towards it. Her bottom sinks comfortably into the seat and she makes herself cozy.

As time passes by, more people begins to enter. She watches enthusiastically, as more couples enter the room-- hand in hand or arm in arm. Her heart begins to melt, seeing how happy the couples look. Strange. She thought. She isn't miserable this Valentine's Day. Any other year, she dreaded Valentine's, especially since it reminded her that she was still single. But tonight, she's completely fine.  It doesn't bother her at all seeing all the happy couples, while she's still single. Content-- That's how's she's feeling and she can't help but smile to herself about it. Finally understands that meaning of being happy doesn't necessary have to be with another person. She needed to embrace the concept of being single in order to find her own happiness. 

She rest her head in her hands, in a daydreaming position as she counts the number of proposals tonights-- three so far. She enjoys the reaction she sees from the girlfriends, tears in their eyes, screaming with joy. As she daydreams away, John Legend - Save Room plays in the background and Yaya does something she hasn't done in a long while: reminisce about Nadech. She moves to the song as a smile forms on the corners of her lips, letting the thought of him seduce her mind and soul. Thoughts of how he's doing or where he's been rummages through her mind. She has lost track of how long it's been since she seen him. Although she could never forget how they parted ways--A bittersweet farewell but she knew it was best for them. A rushed forgiveness doesn't heal the heart. The time spent apart was best for them to grow. However, never once, did she ever consider contacting him or reaching out to him. She did what Nadech told her to: Live your life and be happy

With that, she left her job with Eric's mother and took another job in journalism traveling the world, soul-searching, for the meaning of life, finding peace and serenity, not worrying about the past and finally able to let go of the past. This time around, she returns with a new attitude and a new perspective in life. 

Yaya snaps back into reality, realizing she had doze off daydreaming again. She checks her time, almost 12 and Eric still isn't here. Where is he…?, she asks to herself, deciding to give him a call but he doesn't answer. Sighing softly, she puts her phone away and glances around the room in search of Eric but no where to be found. She doesn't worry about it and continues drinking her martini in hopes Eric would appear sooner or later.

"Excuse me Miss--" 

Yaya turns her head, slowly rising from her feet to see a server stand before her.

"Yes?" Yaya raises her eyebrow with curiosity.

"You must have dropped this back there--" she hands Yaya a white envelop, pointing towards the bar.

"Thank… you…?" Yaya utters confusingly, taking the envelop and observing it carefully. Before she could ask the server any question, she disappears quickly.

"Wait--" She calls out, but she blends in with the crowd like a chameleon. Yaya stares at the envelop with peculiarity, wondering what was in it. "Wait-- Did I bring this envelop with me…?" She begins to think she really did bring the envelop, yet she couldn't remember for putting it in her purse.

Intrigued by the envelop, she decides to open it. She rips open the envelop carefully, noticing the back of photos showing, torn pictures. As gentle as possible, she pulls the pictures out. And to her astonishment, she realizes they were: four torn photos that have been taped up. She finds herself beaming from ear to ear, flipping through them quickly, unable to wrap her head around it. They're the photos she had given Nadech that one night he ripped the envelop. But how did I get these back…? She questions herself. I toss them away that night. Her eyes stay glued to the photos-- Photos of the sweet memories they once shared. Something she treasured dearly, though she thought she had lost that night. Her heart jumps with joy as she's lost with words.

Yaya zones everyone and everything out, able to hear the footsteps getting closer to her. That's when she hears the unexpected voice of a familiar person. 

"Excuse me…--" 

SONG PLAYING: KAENE - SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW

Yaya freezes momentarily, letting go of the photos as it dramatically falls to the floor. She dazes into nothingness, unable to move as the voice echoes inside her thoughts. Her mind draws a blank as her eyes widen with anxiousness. She turns her head steadily, glancing over her shoulder in the direction of the voice. Her eyes glistens like glass eyes with surprise as Nadech stands before her in person. 

He's dressed to impressed in an all white suit, like prince charming or Casanova ready to swoop his damsel in distress and whisk her away. The dimly lit lights beam down on him and casts a halo over his head, giving the illusion he were heaven sent. He flashes his pearly whites, showing off his perfect sexy drop dead gorgeous smile. She could still remember that smile when she first met him. It's the kind of smile that can woe any woman the minute they lay eyes on him and sweep them off their feet like a broom. The killer smile that can make any woman weak in the knees. His hair combs back perfectly and in place. His 5 o'clock facial hair more visible this time. A complete transformation into a more handsome man. 

The Cheshire cat smile stays on her face as she slowly rises from her seat, getting a better glimpse of the smooth operator before her. Her eyes stay fixated on him, not wanting to blink just in case her mind is playing tricks. All her attention shifts to Nadech as he slowly walks towards her, standing only inches away from her. The sound of her heart beating becomes rapid, growing louder with each beat. Her body's feeling flimsy and a tingly sensation takes over as if she's having an out-of-body experience. She still hasn't full grasp the concept that's taking place at this particular moment.

"Yes…?" Yaya finally answers, unable to wipe the big smile off her face.

"You're in my seat…" he smiles back at her, pointing his eyes towards the sign behind her.

She quickly glances behind her, seeing the sign that clear reads, "Mr. Kugimiya." Yaya chuckles softly, covering her mouth in awe. Suddenly, she realizes that this is the exact moment they first met in the past: same place, same seat, same conversation.

"I guess I am…" She shrugs, staring at him in complete awe as she continues to beam like a Cheshire cat, feeling like a high school girl on her first date as she covers her mouth in disbelief, unable to wipe the smile off her face as Nadech stares at her, chuckling at the situation.

They both realize they've been set up. Eric never intended to be here tonight. He lured Yaya here tonight and of all places-- where Yaya and Nadech first met.

Nadech laughs at himself, falling for Kimmy's old trick into luring him here tonight. She set him up, telling him Kelly popped the big question and they wanted to celebrate But when he walked into the lounge, he spotted Yaya immediately. Even in a crowded room, filled with all the loud crazy drunkards, moving around, he managed to find for her, sitting alone, smiling. It was unintentional, like a needle in the haystack.

From a distance, Eric and Kimmy smiling at their accomplishments for luring Yaya and Nadech out tonight.

"To a successful night--" Eric raises his glass.

"Indeed..." Kimmy sips her champagne, "I can't believe we did it-- we actually got them together-- We managed to trick them tonight… I mean can you believe that we kept them apart for that long-- just look at them now-- They look so happy... Completely happy... just staring at one another-- They haven't spoken a single word since they saw each other…!" Kimmy gets tears eyes, getting choked up by it, "Just look at them-- They're gonna make me cry!" She wipes a tear from the corner of her eye, "I'm so proud of Barry-- he's grown up so much... He's a different man now... Just look at him..." she points at him in awe, watching him act shy.

"We did it alright--" Eric smiles, "But man it was tough…" he chuckles, "And I think this time, everything will work out just fine--Time is on their side…" he grins.

"I think we might be hearing wedding bells this time… actual wedding bells this time! Look at how cute they are…" she sighs out loud, wiping her tears.

"Come on now…" Nadech's mother utters, "Let's leave them alone… I'm sure they have a lot of catching up to do…" She gives them the motherly glare then glances at her son, who's still smiling from ear to ear. I'm proud of you sweetheart. You finally understand the key to patience and you've turned into a fine gentleman. Your father would have been very happy for you. I hope you two find true happiness. She smiles to herself, before walking away.

"Let's get some more drinks-- a toast to Barry and Yaya for reuniting!" Kimmy claps with such enthusiasm as she heads to the bar, letting Yaya and Nadech get back to their to business.

SONG PLAYING: KLEAR - JUST LIKE A DREAM

Nadech and Yaya still stood in the same position, gazing into each other's eyes, they utter the unspoken language that only they shared. It's like a complex episode from the Twilight Zone episode, their souls intertwined, becoming one, connecting at an unconscious level, experiencing an extraordinary moment they knew would eventually fall into place. Time has found them once again.

Her hand slowly reaches for his cheek, wanting to touch him to make sure she's not hallucinating. Chills ran down her spin the very moment her hand touches his warm cheek, igniting a flame she put out a long time ago. She gapes into his eyes, seeing the happiness and excitement behind them.

He gazes into Yaya's big brown eyes, seeing the contentment and blissfulness. Her touch suddenly awakens the senses he desperately yearns for, provoking the sparks he thought he'd never feel again. Seeing her charming smiles made him weak in the knees, forgetting how much he's misses seeing that stunning smile of hers. She's lovelier than ever. More radiant than anything he's ever seen. Like an angel, pure and innocent, with a halo above her head. He missed her terribly. 

He slowly reaches for her cheek, gently caressing her soft skin. Goosebumps sprouts throughout his body with a single touch. Yaya chuckles a little, feeling his presences before her. Just then, a tear rolls down her the corner of her eye-- a joyous happy tear. The smile stays plaster on Nadech's face as he gently wipes the tear from her face. He takes a step closer, bringing his lips closer to her forehead and kissing her tenderly-- an I-miss-you kiss.

He takes a step back, gently resting his head on her forehead and staring her wholeheartedly in the eyes, before finally uttering, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mrs. Right…" he sighs with relief, glad for this very day.

Yaya smirks, realizing he's wearing a pin similar to hers, reading "Waiting for Mrs. Right."

"You're forgiven, Mr. Right…" Yaya grins at him, cheeks hurting from all the smiling, dying of happiness as though she could burst into tears any minute.

SONG PLAYING: BoydPOD - FALL IN LOVE || LYRICS

Nadech grins as he slowly reaches for her hand, kissing it ever so gently, handling it with care and caution. He takes a step forward, tilting her head as he tenderly kisses her soft lips. A quick and short kiss that sends a thousand sensation tingling and sparking up a flame that longed to be ignited. He pulls back and caresses her wet cheeks, wiping the tears away. She's unable to stop the tear from flowing but he knew they were tears of happiness not sorrow. He wraps his arms tightly around her, embracing her with all his might, not wanting to let her go. She nestles against his body, feeling his warmth, hugging him for dear life.

They could spend this moment playing catchup, bombarding one another with memories of the past-- the good and the bad. Sure, they could spend hours expressing lost feelings. Or perhaps even confess how much they've grown as individuals since they've been apart, confessing the "I love yous" and "I miss yous" but they don't take that route. 

Instead, Yaya and Nadech take the road less traveled, the path no love story dare to take. Simply sitting and enjoying each other's company, savoring every little details they've missed. No words exchanges and not a single word was uttered. There's no mentioning of the past, no need for any explanations of anything that happened in the past. No need for reassurance in their love because deep down, they know exactly how they felt for one another. All that needed to be said have been said in the past. They reunite tonight as one, fully understanding of everything they went through and the time spent apart. It was for a love that had to grow. A love that intertwines two people into one soul. With each passing minute, they take pleasure in each other's presence, creating new memories. Celebrating the existences of being in each other's arm tonight. 

SONG PLAYING: TEE RUK (SWEETHEART) 

A feeling of bliss and ecstasy erupts and they're lost in their own world. Nadech gazes into her eyes, but this isn't like any other gaze. For Yaya knew this gaze and she knew it very well. The same gaze he gave her the night they parted ways. He stares deep into her soul, connecting with her at an unconscious level, sending an "I love you Yaya" stare that only she knew about.

She chuckles softly, feeling giddy about their little secret language. The butterflies met her stomach once more and a orgasmic feeling takes over. She glances at him, still smiling as she sends back an "I love you Nadech" stare that only he knew.

He tilts his head, lifting her chin gently and kisses the lips he longed for so long, finally glad to hear those unspoken words of love.

It's not so often a smooth operator and a beauty queen geek who fell in hopelessly in love. Somehow, they manage to surpass the bad times, forgetting and forgiving one another, while still holding dearly onto the good times. Far from perfect yet Yaya and Nadech fit perfectly together. Time gives them the chance they've been waiting for.

And this is where their story ends. Well, this is where their story begins. They're only getting starting with their new lives and creating new memories.

(THE END)

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I'm so happy Noy!! Urge it's been a rough experience with the two and u and here it is finally done!!! Love it!! Thank u for ur ff and I hope this isn't ur last one. I hope to see ur future stories also

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
super love SO noy, its a tough journey but yadech being together makes it so beautiful n right ! ure an excellent writer noy, i'll sure b following ur future projects esp if its yadech....bad romance is still in my mind ! tyvm noy wif appreciation ! HAK, key !

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
keylargo said:
super love SO noy, its a tough journey but yadech being together makes it so beautiful n right ! ure an excellent writer noy, i'll sure b following ur future projects esp if its yadech....bad romance is still in my mind ! tyvm noy wif appreciation ! HAK, key !

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with Bad Romance lol. I lost interest in writing that so I might write something else, still brainstorming.

Del Rey

sarNie Hatchling
This is my favorite FF. Noyyy, I'd love to thank you so much for this FF. I've read it many times now, and it should be made into a lakorn. It's very very very well written. I love it to the max. I just love it to bits. You capture such wonderful moments. Your story brings visual life to my mind. This is gold. Thank you so much! I love it! It's my FAVORITE.

The ending was wonderful and sweet. It made me emotional as well. These two characters reuniting again is just so touching but yet heartbreaking at the same time. Its like you can feel their pain as well. You describe the scene so well that I'm able to picture it and visually see it as a film in my mind. Both characters have been through so much. Both going through rough paths. But in the end, their destination will come to a smooth course.

Keep it up. Will follow your lovely works.

I love it. :heart:

(Sorry for being very redundant, but I'm just breathtaken by this beautiful story)

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Del Rey said:
This is my favorite FF. Noyyy, I'd love to thank you so much for this FF. I've read it many times now, and it should be made into a lakorn. It's very very very well written. I love it to the max. I just love it to bits. You capture such wonderful moments. Your story brings visual life to my mind. This is gold. Thank you so much! I love it! It's my FAVORITE.

The ending was wonderful and sweet. It made me emotional as well. These two characters reuniting again is just so touching but yet heartbreaking at the same time. Its like you can feel their pain as well. You describe the scene so well that I'm able to picture it and visually see it as a film in my mind. Both characters have been through so much. Both going through rough paths. But in the end, their destination will come to a smooth course.

Keep it up. Will follow your lovely works.

I love it. :heart:

(Sorry for being very redundant, but I'm just breathtaken by this beautiful story)

Awww thanks for reading my dear! I wish I had more motivation to write FanFics! I've lost my touch, but I always find myself thinking of new ideas & stuff. I'm not on my laptop as much as I used to be, which kind of sucks, but I'll try to write another fanfic with them, especially since I'm currently watching The Rising Sun series & I forgot how adorable they are. hehe. 

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
Hello ohitsnoyyy! I am fully in love with your FF. I've made it up to chapter 7 and I can't stop reading. You're a very talented writer. Nadech's character in the beginning makes me smile because I know he is lying to himself. I'm new to Asianfuse and I would love if you'd tell me if you have anymore FF. You've got me so intrigued. I hope you have written more since 2012! 

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Destinys said:
Hello ohitsnoyyy! I am fully in love with your FF. I've made it up to chapter 7 and I can't stop reading. You're a very talented writer. Nadech's character in the beginning makes me smile because I know he is lying to himself. I'm new to Asianfuse and I would love if you'd tell me if you have anymore FF. You've got me so intrigued. I hope you have written more since 2012! 

Awww, Welcome to AF! And thank you for reading :) I've only finished two FF, and i've been working on a million of FF that i never have time to finish or lost interest LOL.

Here's the link to other FF I finished: Her Pain, His Pleasure (staring Dennis O'Neil & Kimberely)

I'm currently writing The Strings to My Heart, which is up to chapter 5. 

Thank you again for reading & I'm glad you're enjoying it :D

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
ohitsnoyyy said:

Awww, Welcome to AF! And thank you for reading :) I've only finished two FF, and i've been working on a million of FF that i never have time to finish or lost interest LOL.

Here's the link to other FF I finished: Her Pain, His Pleasure (staring Dennis O'Neil & Kimberely)

I'm currently writing The Strings to My Heart, which is up to chapter 5. 

Thank you again for reading & I'm glad you're enjoying it :D

Yesssss! Thank you so much for the info. I am so excited to read the other FF. But first, I must finish "Smooth Operator". Yadech is getting so cute! :yahoo: 
I hope you continue to write more in the future because I bet there are many other people that are obsessed over your writing as I am. I'll be reading "The Strings to My Heart" soon. :D