Shutter (2008)

sulad

sarNie Adult
I don't like the idea of re-making, but it does seems pretty good.
By watching the trailer, the storyline is alot different from eachother.
The thing is connected between the two version is the pictures.
I'll give it shot when it comes out and see if I like it.
Because seems like The Eye wasn't that out there.
It was just release this month and the theatres near me don't even it there no more.
I don't know about the other theatre, but I'll see if I like it.
Thank you.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Why are they always in Japan when this spooky stuff happens?
Makes me wanna not ever go there in fear that I might bring something unwanted back. <_<

I don't see how ghost in photos would effect anyone though, lots of people capture ghost or spirits in their photos.

Does seem like movie worth watching though, I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
shrugs i think they just emphasize on japan because of all the horror films and so it seems like a good idea to use japan as a central place for bringing stuff back. I mean if they were to go to cambodia it'll be the same lol just as spooky if not spookier but that providing people know of the history.

yeah this version looks ok but It looks a bit weird i don't know i normally dont like watching american horror films remakes or not cause normally when i see it in a trailer like omg it looks sooo good and then when i actually see it; its like wth like 1408 it was pretty good and stuff with playing all the mind games but they made it look so creepy and freaky but when i actually saw it it wasn't anything i was expecting it to be.

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
I think it is very good. My friend who doesn't understand Thai, even ordered the movie, because she thought it is good.

Susie

sarNie Adult
it's looks alright. american horror isn't SCARY to me. asian horror is cos for some reason i think that those stuff are likely to happen in asia. i like Ananda's version better!!!! WHY CAN'T THEY REMAKE IT W/ HIM SPEAKING IN ENGLISH. HE SPEAKS IT PRETTY FLUENT TOO SINCE HE'S PLAYIN IN A SINGAPOREAN MOVIE THAT'S IN ENGLISH "THE LEAP YEAR". it would totally boost his fame even more! i love ananda everingham!!!

ling

sarNie Hatchling
You're right...american horror is different from asian horror. With american horror it isn't all that scary and if it is it is only for the moment. When movies done that it's back to normal.
With Thai horror it is freaky. Very scary and when the movies done it is still scary and you'll freaked out till the next day.
It's like that with me. I can't even go to the bathroom after i see a thai nung pee! ;) Scares me!!! But oh so good.

American horror is forgetful whereas Thai horror isn't. My opinion.

I can't wait to see this. I don't like to go to theaters so i'll wait for the DVD

Liberty

sarNie Adult
You're right...american horror is different from asian horror. With american horror it isn't all that scary and if it is it is only for the moment. When movies done that it's back to normal.
With Thai horror it is freaky. Very scary and when the movies done it is still scary and you'll freaked out till the next day.
It's like that with me. I can't even go to the bathroom after i see a thai nung pee! ;) Scares me!!! But oh so good.

American horror is forgetful whereas Thai horror isn't. My opinion.

I can't wait to see this. I don't like to go to theaters so i'll wait for the DVD
That's funny because Asian horror flicks don't scare me, except maybe a few Japanese ones.
American horror films, eh...some can be pretty scary but not enough to scare me for a long time.
I think with the Ring and the Grudge, what's scary is that they left the ending open, there was no closure so that's why it's so freaky.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
i HAVE VERY HiGH EXPECTATiONS OF THiS ONE!
SO iT BETTER BE GOOD BECAUSE THE THAi ONE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! LOL
BUT FROM THE PREViEWS, iT DON'T LOOK ALL THAT GOOD.. EHH SO i DONT KNOW

Hiatus

Super Momo
saw the preview thought it looked lame lmao especially when the girl said WHAT HAVE YOU DONe or what did you do to her lol im my head I was like he killleeddd herrrrrrrr lmao i dont know it looks funny to me.. more than scary lol

I was going to laugh when the girl screamed seeing the ghost pop her neck or whatever x]

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
When it comes to Horror movies, I prefer to watch Thai. It's just more believable and scary. I just hope the Americans give the Thai version credit! Most Americans probably will not realize that it's a remake of a Thai version.
For example, the American movie "Pulse," I had no idea that it was a Japanese remake! They should have put in credits that it was written and directed by the original creators of that movie.

Just my two cent.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol well not really cause some American's will mistake it and if the remake version sucks they'll blame it on the Asians. I have lots of friends who say "You Asian's suck with your horror movies" cause they've seen Remakes of "One Missed Call, The Eye," Etc. I'm like dude. You need to see the original LOL. I mean like come on. My response though, "If we asian's suck you guys must suck too oh k come; childs play, friday the 13th, halloween," none of those movies scared me even as a kid! LOL Well childs play maybe a little bit I had lots of toys. Dude toy story scared me more than childs play did LOL. But I have to admit they are some good movies. One movie that always freaked me out though was pet cemetary.

But doesn't matter anyways some remake are pretty decent. For example The Ring and The Grudge wasn't too bad.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Lol well not really cause some American's will mistake it and if the remake version sucks they'll blame it on the Asians. I have lots of friends who say "You Asian's suck with your horror movies" cause they've seen Remakes of "One Missed Call, The Eye," Etc. I'm like dude. You need to see the original LOL. I mean like come on. My response though, "If we asian's suck you guys must suck too oh k come; childs play, friday the 13th, halloween," none of those movies scared me even as a kid! LOL Well childs play maybe a little bit I had lots of toys. Dude toy story scared me more than childs play did LOL. But I have to admit they are some good movies. One movie that always freaked me out though was pet cemetary.

But doesn't matter anyways some remake are pretty decent. For example The Ring and The Grudge wasn't too bad.

LOL i GOTTA AGREE WiTH YOU THERE. AMERiCAN MOViES AREN'T ALL THAT SCARY. THE REMAKE ONES ARE KiNDA STUPiD BUT i DiD LiKE THE REMAKE OF THE GRUDGE, THAT WAS SCARY! LOL. AMERCiANS CAN'T MAKE SCARY MOViE NOW A DAYS!