[SBS] The Heirs

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
PSH waits for Kim Woo Bin's kiss. Thus, she doesn't respond to LMH's kiss and makes this horrible face. haha lolz... :woot2: :woot: :woot2: :woot:

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
^kekekekekekekeek ROFL ROFL agreeeeed ahahha I am Team Young Do all the way.

Imo, Young Do's character has the most development....He begins as the biggest badass who everyone is afraid of (I am strongly against bullying and when his first scene of bullying the boy came on, I wanted to give him a good beating lol) and now he's soften up to someone who knows right from wrong (He's still mean tho). I know he's an ass, I know he's a jerk, but I find him very loving. He's becoming more human and sane as he starts to realize that he is falling in love with Eun Sang. I feel like after meeting Eun Sang, Young Do is in touch with his emotional side where he's able to release his personal feelings. You can say he's comfortable with ES because she is like a new light at the end of the tunnel for him(cliché saying but I find it very true^^). Even though ES is Kim Tan's dream catcher, I also feel like she is Young Do's dream catcher. She is his first love...... ahhhhhhhhhhhh ehehehe  
Okay enough of me rambling about YD haha I love love love his character <3

Some people say Heirs is overrated because everyone's watching it, talking about it and that they're disappointed in it because it's not up to their expectations. Well all I can say is that there was not one episode where I complained about anything. I have enjoyed every second of it <3 

TBH, I'm one of few people who didn't even know Heirs even existed until three weeks before the air date lol Lost my love for Korean Dramas over the past three years, however Heirs has really proven to me that "some" Korean Dramas are worth watching. hehehe And tbh, I am not a fan of LMH and never was and still not lol I don't find anything special about him or his character as Kim Tan....but after watching episode 11-12,I'm starting to get into his character a little bit more. I must say Tan is a really romantic guy, he knows how to make a girl's heart flutter and he has the right moves. He's the type not to let you go if he loves you and I really admire that about him. Even though some might not have been satisfied with those two pecks in Ep.12, I was really moved by just those two pecks (they're suppose to be high schoolers so I understand the limitations with the kissing level lol). When I see both KT and ES, my heart aches for them because they're going through so much just to be together and when I see YD with ES, my heart cries out for YD. He needs ES ahahah gahhhhhhhh it's my bias talking hehehe

I do miss the intimacy between Tan and ES when they were both in L.A. I miss how close and carefree they both were, I really do miss that from them. I felt that same connection again after seeing them together at the camp fire, both the Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang from Ep.1 have returned just for a split minute. I don't remember crying in any of the episodes up until ep.12. Not was I just moved by the two pecks Tan gave ES, but the advice Won have given Tan about their father. Seeing that side of Won tear me up because he has never ever said anything nice to Tan. Plus, after Hyun Joo told Tan what Won said about him moved me. T____________________T Won does really love Tan after all.............. 

I'm rambling as if Heirs ended already lol Just had to put some of my thoughts down ^^
I'm in "writer's mode" right now and listening to music so it's making me think and write a lot hehe
Can't wait until this weeks episode.
Btw. Jeguk High is filled with a lot of fakes and snobs, I would never ever want to be in that kinda environment...

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Good to hear the second-lead syndrome is not just landing with me. :D

Heir is overrated to be fair but who cares? The actors are so f***king good at acting. When YD's sad, the audience're sad. When KT cries, the audience cry. Tell me who can bring such masses in this simple chaebol-poor gal plot. No others! Tell me who can transform the simplest plot into the most popular drama. No others! Yes, Woo Bin and Min Ho are overrated but does it really matter when they work hard to earn it? KES is the most critical writer in Kdrama but tell me who wins the viewer ratings like her drama.

My ship for YD is sailing. Min Ho's sick and that's usual for him in spring...... Wish him all the best to get well soon so that he can stay in the water for a bit longer when his ship suddenly sinks. Buy my Youngie more time with ES and enjoy your Tannie's complexion, daejung.

@ip.smilez, you are superb. My heart aches with you so let us help each other when our ship of YD seems struggling in the storm. He will see KT-ES hugging at the restaurant and heartbreak. Let us save him together. :dance3: :dance2:

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
^Yd4life kekeke

He gets even better in ep15&16. He melted my heart every time he delivered his dialogue. Omoooo young do is just perfect. I hurt so much seeing him witness Tan and ES together ....sighs. Time to move on YD <3

Rachel and HyoShin are unexpectedly cute together !!!!! Their kiss was def a shocker too many including me haha wow just wow :) who wouldn't want to kiss sanbae? Keke I found Tan and ES's kiss very painful to watch T_T not in a bad way tho. That kiss looked like a goodbye kiss ...sighs......

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Ughhh I'm so behind on Heirs! I'm only on episode 14. Can't wait to finish the new episodes!! It's getting so good. :D 

@ip.smilez: Hopefully I can bear watching all of the stuff you said above ^^

@Andreanaing: True that! This is one heck of a good drama for a simple plot!!

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Like I said before, Kim Tan needs ES....and Young Do also needs her, but I can see he can live without her. YD is letting go of her slowly...even though it hurts a lot, he knows he can't hurt both Tan and EunSang. Sighs...Today's episode really shattered my heart too many pieces. Just seeing the way Choi Young Do's eyes sparkled at the sight of the food ES's mother set in front of him choked me up. That was a heartfelt moment that I caught and I'm pretty much sure you gals know what I'm talking about. It is as if he was eating the last meal that he had missed with his mother....At the beginning of Heirs, I remembered being so into Tan and ES story-line but now things have turned ever since YD stole mi corazon lol I love how his hairstyle also changed as he started molding into a new Young Do. I will like to share with ya that the part I cried the most was during the scene where he was running to find Tan. For once, YD was in Tan's shoes and got to accomplish something that he had missed because of  his stubbornness and hate. He lost his mother not because of Tan, but because of himself....gahhhh tell me why I love this guy so much HAHAHAHA </3  

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
The Heirs....how depressing I like the beginning and the middle. But towards the end how annoying can Eun Sung get? SHe pushes Kim Tan away but pulls him right back in. Pushes him away again and takes him back again. I find her ROLE completely weak and annoying. I don't think she's strong at all. It may have seem that in the beginning she was a strong character but after a couple more episodes her role gets weaker and weaker. I think she cries too much, she doesn't trust Kim Tan although she says she does. She doesn't believe herself because she's THINKS she is "low class"....."not suitable enough" and her confidences level in herself is low. She defiantly has some self-esteem problems. And it is annoying that even when she comes back to Kim Tan she acts like she does have a strong character...when we all can see she lacks self-confidence in herself as if she question every moves she makes. I say she needs to make up her damn mind. Don't get me wrong I love Park Shin Hye, I think she's a great actress in Your Beautiful and Heartstrings. But her character as Eun Sung is a big mess. I don't know how many times I wanted to punch Eun Sung.

Sorry about rambling so much....I did have many expectations for this Drama and wanted it to be better. However it is disappointing. The only character I actually like is Young Do's character. He's the only one I actually want to cry for. When Kim Tan cried..or Eun Sung did I was like whatever and skip the part. I actually wanted to see Young Do cry.

Now where waiting for episode 19 and I would like to say this is the ACTUAL part that transform the drama. Almost to the end and now it makes me feel like the drama just started to begin like their actually fighting for something and not failing miserably.

I am GREATLY disappointed but I will watch it till the end to see what will happen Bc I'm still curious on how Kim Tan and Eun Sung will deal with his father. And BECAUSE I'm actually looking forward to see Young Do and what he'll do now cus I like his character.

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
I was really happy to see that Young Do helped Kim Tan sneak out the house. It was so funny. I laughed my ass off when he came down the stairs with his helmet. Hahahaha...I love Kim Tan and Young Do. I hope they make out. I fee bad for both of them because Young Do doesn't feel love by anyone, and he only has Cha Eung Sung. And Kim Tan lives a life where his step mom, brother, and father hates him and he only his Cha Eung Sung (besides his mother). OMG. Please be a happy ending where both Kim tan and Young make up..!!!! Im only on 16. EEEKKK! I can't wait to watch My love from the stars after Heirs that is ending next week!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@kikchue;
I look forward to Young Do's parts the most too and his scenes are the ones I be shedding my tears lol I stop once the scene changes to ES and KT hahhaa
Can't wait to see him find his mother and I hope he doesn't get with any girls.....the only one left is that one girl who's mom owns a i think it was a pub.
noooooooo better not be her.......better not.............

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
Just finished all the Eps of Heirs! Cannot wait for 19 & 20. 18 is the best Ep. I was crying when young do ate Eung sungs moms food because it reminded him of his mother. And I loved it when Tans mother showed up at the school and Young Do didn't want Tan to lose a mother like he did because he knows the feeling. I juts cried because even tho tan is the person he hated the most he still has that care for him deep inside his heart!!!!! Young Do fighting!

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
If you've watched the finale...

I think the ending was realistically good. I cried for KT brother though. His story ended really sadly. I had hoped that he would be able to choose his gf... but in the end, he chose his place at the top. I guess both brothers can't have what they want. If KT had chosen his spot instead of Eun Sung, his brother might have been able to choose the teacher. But then, I don't think he loves her more than his place at the top.

Young Do truly turned around and reformed himself. I was really proud of him when he went to apologize to that kid he bullied. It shows he has matured into a man. & I knew that he was going to beat his dad... I seretly hoped his parents would meet each other. But I guess it was for the better. At least he met his mother.

I just love the 2 moms. Eun Sung's mom & Kim Tan's mom are adorable! Esp. KT mom. I like her interactions. When it came down to it, she was the one that stood by the chairman's side, whereas the "wife" ran around trying to overthrow him. tsk tsk. What a bad lady. If she wanted out, she should have left quietly.

Lastly, I actually wanted Rachel & the "Sunbae" to pair up. They were cute. Sadly, he went to the military...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Okay, I finally finished this series a few days ago. When I heard Lee Min Ho was having a new series, I was so damn thrilled. I absolutely love the LMH! His acting never fails to amaze me and he's just melts my heart and makes me blush. After finishing this series, I wasn't particularly crazy about it as I thought I'd be. I was expecting this drama to hit hard and give me crazy obsessive feels ... but it didn't. Maybe it's LMH's hair, the age he's suppose to play or the actress... I don't know what it is.

But I must admit LMH did a fantastic job as being Kim Tan, especially when he had the meltdown. OMG, talk about stabbing me in the heart and making me cry!! He was absolutely fantastic [I'm a LMH fan so i'm being bias here lol] I felt his pain and LMH did an amazing job. Words couldn't described how it made me feel. It just made me appreciate him as an actor even more. He poured all his heart and soul into that scene and into his character. I thought the scene in Boys Over Flower where LMH's character cried at the airport after JanDi left him was sad but Kim Tan's breakdown seriously hit me 10 times harder, especially when he asked his brother when he could go back to America. OMG, i lost it!!! Bawled my eyes out! He just blew me away with that scene. As always LMH always makes me blush with the sweet cheesy scenes. AND the kiss!! OH MA GAWDDDDD...... SPEECHLESS. :O 

Moving on, I really enjoyed watching YD's character transform from a bad ass MF to a kind and caring person. I hated him at first for being such a dick and he was a fabulous dick LOL! I wanted to punch him several times for what he did to Eun-Sung! But after seeing how much pain he's harvested inside from his mother's disappearance and his father's mischievous and demanding ways, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I was really hoping that Cha Eun-Sung would somewhat fall for YD just to add more drama to the mix or at least get ONE kiss with YD! That would have been amazing! I think YD and Eun-Sung had more chemistry with YD than with Kim-Tan. Oh man, when YD finally meet his mother, I cried like a baby! It was so heartwarming. His tears were sincere. Definitely my first series with Won Bin & he did an amazing job!

Okay, now for the bad things about this series.... 
LMH playing a 17-year-old high school student really bugged me, especially since I know his real age... He doesn't look like a 17 year old boy & I wasn't convinced that Kim Tan is 17-years-old. If they had LMH play as a college student, I'd believe it but 17 years old?? You're not fooling me. & Kim Tan's style and hair just bugged the crap out of me... WTF yo?? It's definitely my least favorite style/dress o from LMH. I rather see LMH with the curls in Boys Over Flowers than in Heirs & I hated those curls too lol.

Although LMH & Park Shin-Hye had A LOT of sweet scenes, I just wasn't moved by their onscreen chemistry. It was sweet, made me giggle, smile and blush, gasps etc... but something about LMH & Park Shin-Hye onscreen just doesn't settle in with me. I don't know if it's cause she looks young or what... but I didn't feel the connection between the two like how I did with the other actress LMH's starred with.

Overall, I enjoyed watching the series but I just wasn't sure what all the hype of the series was about. It was good but it wasn't "OMG amazing." It was cheesy, sweet & cute. A typical hopeless romantic series for the emotional ladies if you asked me which I still enjoy.

Oh one last thing, I totally missed the opportunity of meeting LMH!!!!!!! *tears* He came to San Diego & I didn't even know about it! Wahhhhhhh.... Super Sad Panda! They filmed at Balboa Park in front of the Botanical Garden. As I was watching it, I kept saying that place looks so damn familiar & then I see it! It's Balboa park! LMH was at Balboa Park! OMG... I nearly lost it! How did I not know he was in my town!? Wahhhh I was definitely a sad panda.... *sigh*

Okay enough ranting & raving! I can't wait for LMH's next project :D I miss seeing him onscreen already! 

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
ohitsnoyyy said:
Okay, I finally finished this series a few days ago. When I heard Lee Min Ho was having a new series, I was so damn thrilled. I absolutely love the LMH! His acting never fails to amaze me and he's just melts my heart and makes me blush. After finishing this series, I wasn't particularly crazy about it as I thought I'd be. I was expecting this drama to hit hard and give me crazy obsessive feels ... but it didn't. Maybe it's LMH's hair, the age he's suppose to play or the actress... I don't know what it is.

But I must admit LMH did a fantastic job as being Kim Tan, especially when he had the meltdown. OMG, talk about stabbing me in the heart and making me cry!! He was absolutely fantastic [I'm a LMH fan so i'm being bias here lol] I felt his pain and LMH did an amazing job. Words couldn't described how it made me feel. It just made me appreciate him as an actor even more. He poured all his heart and soul into that scene and into his character. I thought the scene in Boys Over Flower where LMH's character cried at the airport after JanDi left him was sad but Kim Tan's breakdown seriously hit me 10 times harder, especially when he asked his brother when he could go back to America. OMG, i lost it!!! Bawled my eyes out! He just blew me away with that scene. As always LMH always makes me blush with the sweet cheesy scenes. AND the kiss!! OH MA GAWDDDDD...... SPEECHLESS. :eek: 

Moving on, I really enjoyed watching YD's character transform from a bad ass MF to a kind and caring person. I hated him at first for being such a dick and he was a fabulous dick LOL! I wanted to punch him several times for what he did to Eun-Sung! But after seeing how much pain he's harvested inside from his mother's disappearance and his father's mischievous and demanding ways, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I was really hoping that Cha Eun-Sung would somewhat fall for YD just to add more drama to the mix or at least get ONE kiss with YD! That would have been amazing! I think YD and Eun-Sung had more chemistry with YD than with Kim-Tan. Oh man, when YD finally meet his mother, I cried like a baby! It was so heartwarming. His tears were sincere. Definitely my first series with Won Bin & he did an amazing job!

Okay, now for the bad things about this series.... 
LMH playing a 17-year-old high school student really bugged me, especially since I know his real age... He doesn't look like a 17 year old boy & I wasn't convinced that Kim Tan is 17-years-old. If they had LMH play as a college student, I'd believe it but 17 years old?? You're not fooling me. & Kim Tan's style and hair just bugged the crap out of me... WTF yo?? It's definitely my least favorite style/dress o from LMH. I rather see LMH with the curls in Boys Over Flowers than in Heirs & I hated those curls too lol.

Although LMH & Park Shin-Hye had A LOT of sweet scenes, I just wasn't moved by their onscreen chemistry. It was sweet, made me giggle, smile and blush, gasps etc... but something about LMH & Park Shin-Hye onscreen just doesn't settle in with me. I don't know if it's cause she looks young or what... but I didn't feel the connection between the two like how I did with the other actress LMH's starred with.

Overall, I enjoyed watching the series but I just wasn't sure what all the hype of the series was about. It was good but it wasn't "OMG amazing." It was cheesy, sweet & cute. A typical hopeless romantic series for the emotional ladies if you asked me which I still enjoy.

Oh one last thing, I totally missed the opportunity of meeting LMH!!!!!!! *tears* He came to San Diego & I didn't even know about it! Wahhhhhhh.... Super Sad Panda! They filmed at Balboa Park in front of the Botanical Garden. As I was watching it, I kept saying that place looks so damn familiar & then I see it! It's Balboa park! LMH was at Balboa Park! OMG... I nearly lost it! How did I not know he was in my town!? Wahhhh I was definitely a sad panda.... *sigh*

Okay enough ranting & raving! I can't wait for LMH's next project :D I miss seeing him onscreen already! 

LOL Noy, idk if you know but i heard he was moving to china. IDK if he is still going to make korean drama's but i hope he still does. For me this was his worst drama ever. i mean it wasnt the best but it wasnt that bad either. This drama just really bugged me. 

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Kikichue1 said:

LOL Noy, idk if you know but i heard he was moving to china. IDK if he is still going to make korean drama's but i hope he still does. For me this was his worst drama ever. i mean it wasnt the best but it wasnt that bad either. This drama just really bugged me. 
Lol I heard about him moving to china. I hope he's still going to make more series. I know he's going to start filming a movie next year but I hope it won't be his last.

This series definitely wasn't my favorite of LMH but it has moments that I found cheesy and cute. I HATED his hair & style of clothing. It was horrible. But I thought Kim Tan was very sweet & loving & LMH always does a great job at portraying a man in love.

I think the reason I'm not super crazy about it is because it revolves around high school students. I'm so used to seeing LMH paired with older actresses that when he's paired with a younger actress, it throws me off & I'm just not fully hooked. Park Shin-Hye is pretty but she looks so young to me & I think the connection he has with her isn't as strong as with the other actresses. I'm glad that LMH starred in another series, but at the same time I wishes he would have taken a more serious role than a high school student.

Despite this series being decent, I'll still buy the series just to have it lol. I was thrilled when I saw The Great Doctor on Netlfix. I love that series! (I'm sure a lot of people hate that series too lol) Don't mind me, I'm just being bias because I love LMH lol.