[SBS] The Heirs

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
MinHo wasn't the type of lead that I crush on in his dramas. I always like him as an actor or other second leads, etc. over him. But boy do I find him attractive in this! 

I also like all the male leads. The females are kinda all annoying or insane so far. I'm hoping the pace picks up even more & I want them to be back in Korea already. the US scenes are taking forever to get through.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
No....... Tan Tan looks fine. I am still desparate to watch his US scene though. If he leaves fro Korean, we might not b able to see him naked or so much skin...... hehe :woot2: :woot: :woot2: :woot:
Eun Sang is not bad. She is kind of like Dan Humphrey figure. hardworking, poor, intelligent. Our Woldachi Choi Young is getting jealous of CN Blue next week. Enjoy....

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
ways Heirs is basically just like Gossip Girl

by Gina Badra on Thu, Oct 10, 2013

16 Comments
13Shares

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

The much anticipated drama, The Heirs,
finally premiered and it did not disappoint. However, I couldn't help
but notice some similarities between the characters and those of Gossip Girl. Of course, I am not saying they are the same, but these 4 characters take me back to those perfect beginning days of Gossip Girl.

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

1. Choi Young Do and Chuck Bass (the inspiration for this article)

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

From their dashing good looks, to their snarky attitudes it is clear
that both of these characters possess a very similar charisma. From what
we've seen so far, their actions are similar as well! For example, they
are both flirty and they both go looking for trouble. They are twisted
and have definitely mastered their gorgeous brooding looks. Both
characters also have complicated relationships with their rich fathers.

2. Rachel Yoo and Blair Waldorf

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

Blair Waldorf will forever be one of my favorite tv characters, and so
far Rachel Yoo is reminding me of her! Blair is never afraid to call
anyone out on their crap, and Rachel is the same so far. Both also have
mothers who have gotten divorces and then get remarried (or are about
to). I am wondering if she will be any good at scheming like our Queen B
though, maybe even with Choi Young Do.

3. Cha Eun Sang and Dan Humphrey

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

These last two are a little more of a stretch, but there are still some
pretty big similarities. First off, both are "poor" compared to the
wealthy people they know. They both also get involved romantically (I'm
assuming with Heirs) with people who have more money than they
do. They are both innocent of the corruption that the world of money
brings, at least at first with Dan.

4. Kim Tan and Serena van der Woodsen

25 Like

+1

76 Tweet

Both Heirs and Gossip Girl start off with these two
M.I.A. from their homes. Kim Tan is in exile because of his brother, and
Serena also exiled herself to run away from her past. They are both
wealthy but they manage to also have friendly personalities. Also, they
both get involved romantically (again I'm assuming) with people who have
less money than they do.

These are just based on Episode 1, so who knows if these
similarities will continue. But I don't think I would mind if they did!
All I know is that I can't wait for more Heirs!

cr: http://www.dramafever.com/news/why-heirs-is-basically-gossip-girl/

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
I don't see him speaking English hilarious! I can see his great amount of effort in English speaking for a few months just to prepare his couple of lines in this drama. Remember he has never learnt English nor speak English like you guys do before. The way he speaks may have accent but that's how you speak English if English is not your mother tongue. You can never become like a native! I see Thai people having their Thai accent in spoken English as well. Rather than taking it as a funny thing or disadvantage, people should be proud of their origin and accent! So I think his english is quite ok though the writer and director should have a smarter plan to dubb his voice when he lives in America. In this way, they don't wear actors out by doing extra lessons on English apart acting. sigh......... Korea is always overworking their celebrities.......

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
I'm Thai, speak Thai fluently, but I do not have an accrnt when I speak English, or as I'm learning, Chinese (my Chinese friend said I didn't have an accent). Maybe she meant hilarious by really cute? I haven't watched this yet but may want to later. Watch for PSH.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
@lovestar, if I ever mistake what you wanna mean by word "hilarious", apology. My earlier comments sound a bit enthusiastic, explaining Min Ho's accent of English.
@narkradin24^^, cannot make comments upon what you presented as I myself am yet to meet a person like you. :) Thanks for guiding me to understand lovestar's description.

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
I love this drama so far. Kim Tan is just sexy, the drama has so many ratings. It's even crazier then Boys Over Flower. It's either the drama or it has to be LEE MIN HO since he's returning on screen. I remember going to cali passing all those stars. I wonder if Ipsmilez saw him since she lives in CA. Lol. I wish I was there tho to see them film. Lee MIn HO and Park Shin Hye are great. The drummer from CNblue is so cute.! I want to watch a drama where he is the main. Love him.

lovestar

sarNie Adult
andreanaing said:
@lovestar, if I ever mistake what you wanna mean by word "hilarious", apology. My earlier comments sound a bit enthusiastic, explaining Min Ho's accent of English.
@narkradin24^^, cannot make comments upon what you presented as I myself am yet to meet a person like you. :) Thanks for guiding me to understand lovestar's description.
Ahaha sorry to have misunderstood you. I guess the word hilarious isn't appropriate in that context. I think his accent is cute. I didn't mean its bad, I can tell how much effort he put in to learn it for the drama.
Anyways, I really hope Rachel ends up with Young Do but so far all I see is them bickering all the time...which is kinda funny as well. 
Chan Young and Bo Na are so cute! I hope they stay together forever and that nothing can disrupt their relationship in the drama.
Eun Sang and Tan are nice...their relationship is kinda predictable anyways. I guess thats why I'm never interested in the main leads of a drama, I'm more focused on the second leads and supporting roles. 

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Heirs is so amazing! I'm hooked. This is my first Korean Drama and I'm so glad I picked this one! Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye have such awesome Chemistry <3 I'm for sure gonna finish this one!! 

P.S.: I never watch K-dramas because I always thought they were long and boring but Heirs is totally changing that around for me. My friends all watch K-drama and now I guess I'm in the circle too! Hahaha 

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
lovestar said:
Ahaha sorry to have misunderstood you. I guess the word hilarious isn't appropriate in that context. I think his accent is cute. I didn't mean its bad, I can tell how much effort he put in to learn it for the drama.
Anyways, I really hope Rachel ends up with Young Do but so far all I see is them bickering all the time...which is kinda funny as well. 
Chan Young and Bo Na are so cute! I hope they stay together forever and that nothing can disrupt their relationship in the drama.
Eun Sang and Tan are nice...their relationship is kinda predictable anyways. I guess thats why I'm never interested in the main leads of a drama, I'm more focused on the second leads and supporting roles. 
Noooooooooooo......... I want KWB to end up with PSH. OMG, :lmao: :lmao: my second-lead syndrome is not that easy, esp. when his main rival is my daejung, LMH! :yawn: :yawn: I dunno... but I am pretty frustrated the fact that I cannot watch it on viki right after the LIVE due to my location in the US! I am very much on fire to wait for Dramafever to upload the next ep of Heir on the last minute of the day! Gahhhhhhhh...... :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:
I also like CNBlue guy to fall in love with our ES .... oops, am I too amibitious for ES? Getting all handsome guys falling in love with her at once! :woot2: :woot: :woot2: :woot:

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Xiongurl26 said:
Heirs is so amazing! I'm hooked. This is my first Korean Drama and I'm so glad I picked this one! Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye have such awesome Chemistry <3 I'm for sure gonna finish this one!! 

P.S.: I never watch K-dramas because I always thought they were long and boring but Heirs is totally changing that around for me. My friends all watch K-drama and now I guess I'm in the circle too! Hahaha 
Welcome you to our group watch of LMH's bu**. :bhehe: :bhehe: You'll be hooked more than ever for sure. :yes: :yes:

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
andreanaing said:
Welcome you to our group watch of LMH's bu**. :bhehe: :bhehe: You'll be hooked more than ever for sure. :yes: :yes:
HAHA Thanks andreanaing! I am sure hooked alright!! You guys are so funny about LMH's bu** LOL

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@hope;
Nopes I didn't get to see him but when he was in Cali, my manager at that time mentioned to me that he was in Cali lol Too bad he told me a week after...bummers !!! Its freaking crazy how I also walked down the same street where Chan Young and Eun Sang took a picture with their giant lollipops. AHHHHHHHHHH mannnn !! 
I didn't take a pic there but I did take a pic when I walked up the bridge hehe I circled Chan Young and Eun Sang and pointed where I was :p Excuse my face lol
Darn but it's a year apart HUHUHHUHU timing is one big factor!

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
Ipsmilez, he came around mid-late July to early august. I'm jealous that u live in Cali we're all the stars are. I came there last year. even If i don't live there, I'm happy to see that Heir's cast walked on the streets I walked on when I came to visit. They even filmed at the beach that I went to! It's good to know that I've walked on the same ground as the stars. I'm still jelly Ipsmilez. It seems warmed there. Lucky you!!!!!

Heirs is so amazing. I thought Kdramas were long and boring too, but innocent man got me into the world, and intro me to everything else. Loving Heirs. lol.