Sabaidee Luang Prabang

missjoy

sarNie Elites
The movie has an actual website.

http://www.sabaideemovie.com/

From the website: SYNOPSIS

Sorn (Ananda) is a Laotian Australian young man. He studied in Sydney and became a photographer after graduation. For years, living in a big city and being accustomed to western thinking, to him.. his father's homeland (Laos) is just a distant memory. Until his editor assigns him for a job in Laos.

In Pakse (southern Laos) Sorn hires a young guide name Noi, to take him to photographic places like Li Phi and Khone Phapheng waterfalls, Mekhong river and and small islands along the riverside called Sii Pan Dan.

But Noi is just a rookie on her first outing. She keeps losing her way all the time, taking Sorn on unnecessary car and boat trips. They struggle but finally manage, if not on time as programmed, to reach Vientiane.

At his father's house, a place he use to visit but has not thought of in a long time, Sorn finds that his cousins still remembers him and gives him a warm welcome. Gradually, he begins to think of Laos as another home.

Sorn also has special feelings for Noi, but when they get closer Noi backs away. Learning his roots as a Laotian, Sorn is on his way to prove to Noi that he is not just a tourist who will easily leave after a short time love.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I thought this was going to be corny like those minority, no offense but wow it looks good. LMAO 35 years and this is officially the first one after so long. Wow!

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
Sounds interesting.
He's portraying himself. In real life he's Australian & half Laos.
COOL!!!!!

nina07

sarNie Adult
gahh !! i cant wait for this movie ! i bet its going to be soo cool..jeez

first there was alexandra bounxouei in a lakorn, then a second one, laos on the today show, now this !!

jeez lao is going to be the shiznits !! haha and watch celebrities are going to go there to escape the high life !! that would be soo cool ! haha

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Wow.. I had no idea that he is part Laotian. I watched Shutter and thought he was Thai mixed with European. He speaks Thai really well too.

Well I am glad to see a Laotian person making it and representing us. Very awesome.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Honestly, I really wished the girl character's name was something other than "Noi." Noi is a very cute name, but to me "Noi" is just a nickname. There are so many beautiful Laotian first names, like Manivahn, Khanitha, Manola, and such..... Those names are so poetic, and it should be used in this movie, to show the essence of Laos, instead of using a typical nickname.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Wow.. I had no idea that he is part Laotian. I watched Shutter and thought he was Thai mixed with European. He speaks Thai really well too.

Well I am glad to see a Laotian person making it and representing us. Very awesome.
I think he speaks Thai really well because well, it's not that different from Laotian. lol
But yeah, didn't he start out his career there really young? Well, younger. I think at the time that he was starting out there weren't a whole of of acting jobs or production companies in Laos yet.

I agree about the name.

nina07

sarNie Adult
ughh. i know man. hurry up with the dvd !!! lol.

I heard that theres a possibilty that they might show it on air in China and the United States, and if they were, they were going to put subtitles on it or dubb it. but it wont be the same :( so my family and i are just waiting .. for .. the .. d .. v .. d ..

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm curious. Is the actress in this movie really Laotian?

I watched the trailer and his character is speaking Thai to the people in the begining, even though he understands Laotian, why?
If he's working for an Australian publication, why were they speaking Thai and not English?
It seems like storyline has him growing up in Australia but when he speaks English, he sounds American. I think they should've had him fake an Aussie accent.
Maybe the trailer was misleading but I had to ask, I'm very anal when it comes to detail.
Other than that the movie looks interesting. I'm excited. :yahoo:

Hey Lome! We should go to Laos one day and make our own movie. :D

nina07

sarNie Adult
^ yeahh. haha. shes chinese/lao though. always the louksourds :lol:

I like Ananda's american accent. lmao.