Original versions or hmong translated versions

Mae

sarNie Adult
Depends...there are some really good translated ones....and there are a lot of crappy translated ones....but it really depends.....i love watching the very good translated ones because I understand it, but i love watching the original to see everything too...

kry*star

sarNie Adult
well i would say that ALWAYS see original versions if there are english subtitles (korean&chinese&indian)

but dubbed ones are very helpful to me for thai lakorns because they don't have subtitles. the hmong voices doesn't bother me at all because all really matters to me is understanding the movie

just something that i encounter though... have you guys ever watched a dubbed lakorn and disliked it but then watched the original version and loved it??? this happened to me various times. yes, so sometimes watching the hmong dubbed ones will make you not like it because of the way they cut out parts and stuff....and some can even become confusing too...
oh my gosh i'm not sure if any of you will understand what i mean but yeah???

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
if it's chinese, korean or japanese with subtitles, the originals are a lot better...but most of the thai that are translated are pretty accurate. so yea, it does kind of depend.

Fearless

sarNie Adult
karenyang said:
it depends...'cause the original usually sometime drag alot!
[post="96868"][/post]​

That's true, the originals usually drag alot... that's why the hmong people cut out the unimportant parts to make the movie short and straight to the point.

I will never ever watch another dubbed Korean or Taiwanese series... because when I watched the hmong version and then watched the original version I see that the translations are not correct. So now I only watch the original version with English subtitles.

And as for thai lakorns, no matter how good the lakorn is I will not waste my time watching something that I don't understand unless I have someone sitting next to me translating for me. I cannot stand watching something really good but not understanding what's going on or what they're saying so I prefer the hmong dubbed version. Like someone said I don't care if the voices are bad as long as I understand what they're saying. That's all that matters. And when hmong people dubbed for thai lakorns, the translations are usually right because hmong people knows to speak thai more than Korean and Chinese. Well not the younger generations but the OG's.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
i like originals better. i can't stand the people who are dubbing. i went back to watch glass slippers... and omg! the guys were trying too hard to be sweet... or you know that shrilling creepy guy voice.. i don't know how to explain. but i like originals esp. the k-drama cause i get to hear the guys' deep voices.. lols!

sometimes the cutting in the hmong versions are good but then sometimes it makes you confused cause it's small stuff but it's still important to the storyline.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Mae said:
Depends...there are some really good translated ones....and there are a lot of crappy translated ones....but it really depends.....i love watching the very good translated ones because I understand it, but i love watching the original to see everything too...
[post="96662"][/post]​
agreed! :D there are some really good translated ones.. you just got to know which production is best at translating.. :)

i don't mind them people cutting some parts out cause sometimes there are scenes where it goes on forever... so that's ok.. but i do understand sometimes hmoob people cut out the most important part so there.. you as the viewer gets confused.. ^_^

So yeah, it is always better to watch the orginal.. like for korean and chinese.. "BUT" like thai lakorns, they don't have english subtitles..
(I'm waiting for them to have english subtitle..) :p

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
if it's a THAI drama....go for the HMONG DUBBED(but make sure it's a good production first!!) ....if it's KOREAN/CHINESE drama....always always always go for the ORIGINAL....THAI dramas never have subtitles.....

for movies...always get original....everyone movie should have subtitles....wheter Korean/Chinese/Thai/Hindi...they should all have subtitles....

shattered soul

sarNie Elites
well to me, it Depends as mae had said above but if i understand wut they say then i rather watch the original version.....the only thing i complain is that hmong cut a lot off

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I don't really like to watch lakorn when Hmong transelated, the voice cut out all the emotion. I prefer the original copy.

kazee

I don't like Thai movies that are translated into Hmong.. sometimes the voices don't match the person.. and sometimes.. it's good.. but they cut A LOT of parts out to make a few tapes.. like Yod ya yee.. from 10 parts into 1 part.. or ban xia tong.. 24 parts into like.. 12.. it's a major cut.. some good parts were cut out from those movies.. it kinda sucks..

calla

sarNie Adult
original version :D
i never watch those lakorns that translate into hmong, because i understand thai so well. as for indian, chinese, japanese or korean.....they are having subtittle.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
don't even waste your time on the hmong dubbed version... about 2 years ago... the translated version were good...now... people are just doing it to make profit and the quality of the translation is not even good anymore.... i'm especially annoyed by the same girl voice used in a lot of the korean dramas... it's way too high and soft to be a actual woman's voice...

vics

sarNie Egg
i prefer the originals because you know for SURE what's going on. In the dubbed and cut versions, they can sometimes translate it wrong. like the one drama "autumn fairy tale" and they dubbed it hmong, there were some parts that aren't ANYTHING like what they said. i had to get the subbed version to make sure everything was alright. lols.

myang

sarNie Egg
It has it's pros and cons. Sometimes i get to lazy to read the subtitles and just wanna watch the dubbed version. I know the orginal version is the best to watch but if it is like Thai Lakorns then I'm stuck watching the dubbed version because there is no subtitles at all.

nekoyuyu

sarNie Egg
CVue said:
they shouldnt cut parts, though.
[post="96687"][/post]​
Cutting parts is okay...I've seen lots of orginal series and hmong dub series and they basically cut the boring part out...but there are lots that they mess up with the cutting...