Ongoing chaos in Thailand

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
why should the king do something ??? he is pretty sick right now he didnt even have his normal birthday speeches!
why r yall comparing thailand to US? we are 2 different countries that do things totally different.....
every country has its goods and its bads no where is perfect right now ... the world is goin crazy its hard enough havin to live in bkk ma skool was closed down for ages bcoz of the airport problems ... im not much of a political person... just live life day by day whatever no one listens to just one person in this world i think ppl these days r just too laid back...and too scared to do anythin

noungning

Heartless
I was referring to airport operations going back to normal, not the country as a whole. The latter is far from being stable.
sorry i've misunderstood your statement. ;)

Ning, my relatives just called and they said that the job market or finding any job is so tough. I mean close to nothing. Not only have the global economic hardship fallen on Thailand but this disgraceful acts by the PAD have added more to the miserably to the rest of the court. I'm so frustrated just like you. So only BKK should have a voice? What about Chang Mai? What about the Isaan area? PAD = PUBLIC ACT of DESTRUCTION or PEOPLE ALLIANCE of DESTRUCTION.

They can protest because there is people sponsoring them. In a protest, you don't see people getting trucked around town to protest. You don't see people delivering food and water to the protesters. Most of them are from the BKK area and they are HI-so, middle class, well educated,etc.

Have you contacted your relatives to see how they are doing? I know we are from the same area. Nong Khai represent. B) Well, I have relatives in Nakorn Sawan as well. Sadly, Thailand does not have a democracy no more, it is anarchy. The King should have step in and said something. To tell the truth, I think he sided with the PAD that is why he didn't say anything. People would have listened because he is respected in Thailand and aboard.

Sugar, those idiots did not look at the long term ramification of their acts. They don't look at the big picture and how it would affect the economic and perception around the world. They say they care about the country but they don't give a damn about the country at all. A group of people should not have more rights than other people. If someone won the election, they won it. It is not time to b*t*h or cry around it. It is time to work together to get the country going. In American, we might have different political parties and different views; however, we will come together to work as a country. The PAD said Western democracy doesn't work for Thailand. Well, if they really understand the dynamic of what a democracy is, they will know that it can work. Democracy is not perfect but if you can work the imperfections out and have selfish people run the country than it will work.
yeah i have relatives in nongkhai, well they aren't really relatives, but i guess they are in a way... it's complicating. but i've not kept in contact with them directly because i'm closer to their son which is in bkk. i've talked to him and yeah, it's tough, he's about to lose his job, the company is shutting down and he's having to find another job and he too has a bachelors. it was hard as is before the demonstration, but after the fact, it's worse. thailand is definitely affected by the world's economy. that alone is a hard impact on the country... but now tourist numbers will be harder to gain from 1 the economy, 2 the previous events, 3 new foreign visa issues and changes that are basically causing many foreigners to look elsewhere for a second home.

as for having the king come into the picture, i think it's not necessary since the royal has given power to the government to govern. i think that if they had a plan and implemented it, things would've been addressed accordingly. however, because there wasn't ever a plan and people weren't taken seriously, it's escalated into what it was.

in the end, people are selfish. they are all there protesting for themselves too, which they also believe is right for others... but that's life... what is good for 1 isn't good for the other. nothing can be satisfying to everyone. for instance, taksin and his 80 baht healthcare system or is it 30 baht, i don't remember... ppl in the country side loved it and loved him because they felt he was helping "people", whilst ppl in bbk hated him with dismay and the most negative passion because they knew he is corrupt.

now they have to just sit back and heal, just like the good old imf days. and just like us, back to the 60s and 70s :) joy.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Sugar, the stupid protesters (PAD) is turning the motherland into a joke. I am so frustrated as you are. Yes, the government is for the people and by the people. However, when you have people running a muck and there is no law and order then it becomes a big problem. They topple two Prime Ministers already and now they want to topple another one. Those idiots just want things their way and if they don't get what they want, they resort to this kind of stuff. Which is totally destroying Thailand economic system, investment, tourism, etc. No one people should have more right then other people.

What about the people who like the government? Don't they have a voice too. You don't see people protesting in Chang Mai or in the Isaan region because they feel that the government is doing the right thing to help them out. Most of the PAD are HI-SO, well-educated, business people, and so on. They get kind of scared because the regular people are speaking with their votes.

What kind of a country let protesters get into government building and airports? If this is the US, it would not even lasted that long. I hope they crack down on this stuff. I am so embarrassed of the motherland because of this. It makes Thailand look like a bunch of lawless people and savages.

Sugar, the Prime Minister just announced a state of emergency in the two Bangkok airports but his hand is really tied because the head of the army commander is a lean toward the PAD. That is a bunch of bull. Basically, he won't allow his men to do anything and let this saga continue. :angry: :angry: :angry: I just heard that the Supreme Court will disband the political party of the Prime Minister. This is becoming a joke.

Not only does the economic slowdown of the world hurting Thailand but the stupid PAD is hurting the country. Driving away investment and Tourism. :angry: :angry: :angry: I'm not on the side of the government nor the PAD. All I want is peaceful negotiation and the return of normalcy. Because a lot of innocent people are hurting because of this. People who depend on tourism and investment. Damn them, I can go on and on. :angry:

I read the news daily on CNN because I don't watch TV that much any more.
Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering what was going on.
Actually in the US it probably would still happen like this so long as it's peaceful protesting. Once things get violent then the police comes in, Americans have the right to assemble and protest on public property, seeing as how their tax money is paying for it. I'm pretty sure you can't protest inside government buildings though, not in the US but you can do it outside. Not sure about airports though.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Liberty, I think you need a permit to protest though. I don't know how it works in Texas but over here, you need one. In the US, you wouldn't get close to the government building without going to jail. Security reasons. I saw people protested or celebrated outside of the White House when Obama was elected but not on the lawn itself. The White House is surrounding by Gates. Let me see people try that at Capital Hill or on the White House lawn because it wouldn't never happen. It would only last for a few moment before the riot police come in and restore order. If not then the military is call in for a state of emergency.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering what was going on.
Actually in the US it probably would still happen like this so long as it's peaceful protesting. Once things get violent then the police comes in, Americans have the right to assemble and protest on public property, seeing as how their tax money is paying for it. I'm pretty sure you can't protest inside government buildings though, not in the US but you can do it outside. Not sure about airports though.

why should the king do something ??? he is pretty sick right now he didnt even have his normal birthday speeches!
why r yall comparing thailand to US? we are 2 different countries that do things totally different.....
every country has its goods and its bads no where is perfect right now ... the world is goin crazy its hard enough havin to live in bkk ma skool was closed down for ages bcoz of the airport problems ... im not much of a political person... just live life day by day whatever no one listens to just woman person in this world i think ppl these days r just too laid back...and too scared to do anythin
No one is complaining. People are voicing their frustration over the matter which is an embarrassment to our people as a whole throughout the world. Do you know how long it would take for the country to recover as a whole from this? Do you know how long economic stability will return to Thailand? How long will the tourism industry be back to normal? These and many questions affect millions of lives in Thailand. This is not a joke and should be taken seriously. If you don't know what is wrong with something then how can you fix it? If you don't learn from your past mistaken then how are you supposed to learn from it?

Yes, the two countries are different but everyone can chaos and anarchy. Everyone can see instability. Everyone can see destruction by a couple of individuals. People do listen to woman just not every where. Hilary Clinton is now Secretary of State in the US. German has a woman Chancellor. And lots of successful woman CEO as well around the world. That is why it important to know what is going on around the world. You don't have to pick a political side but know what is going on because it does affect if you like it or not. Just like the closing of your school.

King should have said nothing not do something. The King is well respected in Thailand and respected by the PAD. If he said something, I'm sure they would listen. If not the King, the Queen or someone from the royal family because it was a crisis.

What I'm saying is that we need unity in the motherland. People who do things out of humility instead of selfishness. We need understanding, we need reconciliation, and we need peace as a people. Everyone has his or her views but it does not need to resort to violence or behaviors that are detrimental to society as a whole. B)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i was meant to say one not woman dont know what was going on with my mind wen i wrote that. How do you know that they would of listened to the royals, They are selfish people if you see what they have done already. they stopped for the funaral but started up again right after.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
i was meant to say one not woman dont know what was going on with my mind wen i wrote that. How do you know that they would of listened to the royals, They are selfish people if you see what they have done already. they stopped for the funaral but started up again right after.
For the sake of the country and for the return of normalcy, we should give it a try. How many more people should die from this? How many more people should get hurt from this? How many people should go without food because they can't find work? :huh: I'm not for or against the PAD. They just need a better way of doing it? Three Prime Ministers ousted so far? I know some of the Prime Ministers were not good people but what if they don't like the next Prime Ministers? Then we are back to square one and the riot will start again. This really make our people look bad. It is a no-win situation just a lose- lose situation.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
so whats the point in tryna tell me? coz its not gettin us any where and ma minds made up already in how i look at this situation...

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
every country has its goods and its bads no where is perfect right now ... the world is goin crazy its hard enough havin to live in bkk ma skool was closed down for ages bcoz of the airport problems ... im not much of a political person... just live life day by day whatever no one listens to just one person in this world i think ppl these days r just too laid back...and too scared to do anythin
I agree. The king is sick and all this political issue is probably making him sicker. Every country runs differently. I think holding foreigners at the airport so long was not great for the economy though, Kind of sad. Somebody should've provided a hotel or something for those people. Hopefully things will improve in Thailand and protesting should be on halt for the King's sake.