[OneHD] Tae Pang Korn (Exact & Scenario) : Son Yuke / Vill Wannarot / Bee Namthip

winnall

sarNie Hatchling
I have some questions as well. Is Chai Yai's mother also a royal member? I think a fan mentioned that Chai Yai speaks honorifics to his father, but not to his mother? It seems ironic that his mother loathes so much the foreign things and foreign people, but I guess she is proud to have her son study abroad. I guess it'll be natural for someone who receives education in a foreign country/culture and gets high scores overseas to think and act at least somewhat as a foreigner does?

And it confuses me why Chai Yai says taking Maan Kaew to see the ocean will bring his mother good fortune? And Tua says Ying Thae looks happy "in all three worlds". Is that also a Thai or English idiom?

I've never watched the old version TPK. Still, scenes of some other lakonrs flashed through my mind. The pavilion looks familiar and reminds me of LNF. And they have the same actor play as the fathers of the p'eks in both Sao Noi and TPK 2016; interesting to see the polar opposite attitudes the fathers have toward Nid and Maan Kaew.

And yes, the CN viewers enjoy very much TPK 2016. You can see numerous bullet comments posted by fans there fly across the screen, showing how much they love/hate certain scenes/characters in the episodes. While annoying for some viewers, quite a few comments are just hilarious and entertaining to read.
I read the bullet comments and I think 90% of them are really positive, you can tell people enjoy it alot

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
I read the bullet comments and I think 90% of them are really positive, you can tell people enjoy it alot
Haha. True, indeed. That's why I don't find the bullets distracting or annoying at all but enjoy reading them instead. Really looking forward to the second life when Toomtam's character will be coming out. Wonder what SonVill and ToomVill shippers would comment then.

BTW, when Chai Yai's mother told Ying Thae that they wanted Chai Yai's grandmother to see her future ganddaughter-in-law, Chai Yai did not deny it. Though I think I can understand, but still I find Chai Yai's silence in that scene is, at least to some extent, cruel to Ying Thae. Till that moment, she's done nothing wrong. Everyone in the hi-so community knows they will soon hold an engagement ceremony and soon the wedding party and that Ying Thae obviously falls for her fiance.

Last edited:

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
how do u download it, is there a link? I want to keep TPK.
Go to the Tae Pang Morn Episode in Facebook
Copy the video url by right clicking on the video (an option should pop up)
Go to savefrom.net
Paste the URL in the text box below
Then download

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I have some questions as well. Is Chai Yai's mother also a royal member? I think a fan mentioned that Chai Yai speaks honorifics to his father, but not to his mother? It seems ironic that his mother loathes so much the foreign things and foreign people, but I guess she is proud to have her son study abroad. I guess it'll be natural for someone who receives education in a foreign country/culture and gets high scores overseas to think and act at least somewhat as a foreigner does?

And it confuses me why Chai Yai says taking Maan Kaew to see the ocean will bring his mother good fortune? And Tua says Ying Thae looks happy "in all three worlds". Is that also a Thai or English idiom?
The lakorn doesn't come out to clarify or point out why there are differences in Tan Chai's difference of honorifics when he addresses his Father versus his Mother, but yes, based on speech, there is a difference.

For example:

Tan Chai addresses his Father as: Tan Pa or Sadet Pa, the Tan and Sadet hold royal weight/title. So I translate it shortly as Father.
Tan Chai simply addresses his Mom as Mae. He doesn't use Tan or Sadet/Det AND he doesn't even use Khun Mae. He just says Mae, so I translate that as just Mom, not even Mother. Lol

When the Mom threatens Tan Chai, she always only uses the Father's reputation, ancestral family, and dignity as reasons. She never refers to her own.

From watching this version, Ying Thae is probably more powerful and higher or closer to the King than Tan Chai and his family, so that's why the Mom really wants Ying Thae as part of their family and if this engagement is called off, Tan Chai's family will suffer. Plus, when Ying Thae goes to visit the Grandmother, even the Grandmother calls her Tan Ying and even the Mom calls her Tan Ying, not just Ying Thae.

The Mom only wanted Tan Chai to attend overseas studies because that was the norm for elites and royalty. It was a status requirement, not necessarily her decision. She's still very backwards in her mentality. I mean, what do you expect from someone is educated whether it's domestic or internationally, right? It's true, reading and education gives you wings to fly and Tan Chai doesn't like traditional controlling.

It's good fortune if you do good deeds or merits for someone. Maan Kaew was going to go to Sichang no matter what, but Tan Chai just wanted to make his Mom feel more at ease and inserted that in. So yes, if Maan Kaew has never seen the ocean and taking her out of the goodness of the Mom's heart, which wasn't, but yeah, that would be creating blessings for yourself.

The three worlds is a Thai idiom. Ugh, totally forgot what they refer to. When I come across it, I'll explain it later.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
BTW, when Chai Yai's mother told Ying Thae that they wanted Chai Yai's grandmother to see her future ganddaughter-in-law, Chai Yai did not deny it. Though I think I can understand, but still I find Chai Yai's silence in that scene is, at least to some extent, cruel to Ying Thae. Till that moment, she's done nothing wrong. Everyone in the hi-so community knows they will soon hold an engagement ceremony and soon the wedding party and that Ying Thae obviously falls for her fiance.
I don't take his silence in this scene as being cruel to Ying Thae. To be honest, if Ying Thae is more welcoming or accepting of education, perhaps a bigger world out there, she would come to understand that you shouldn't dream so far off if you've never really met the guy before. I mean, they've never been in contact for those 10 odd something years. Ying Thae is too caught up being the perfect housewife and everyone praising her, that she's just stuck with the Mom's mentality, too.

Tan Chai is respecting Ying Thae and her parents PLUS he doesn't want to ruin it for himself, that's why he's remaining silent, not saying anything abrupt or harsh to Ying Thae before he personally informs the parents of the cancellation of the engagement. I think that's a wise move. Why say anything to Ying Thae when she's still not going to understand in the end and may even do something ridiculous and prevent Tan Chai from seeing her parents then the whole cancelling of the engagement would not be happen and if it does, it won't be appropriate and official. Tan Chai has to go by chain of command. He knows telling Ying Thae won't do any good or saying anything to hint it won't be beneficial. He rather address it to all three of them, the parents and Ying Thae, altogether. He's being honest with his parents and I think that's good enough. He's not prolonging the cancellation, the parents weren't home when he went. He already told Ying Thae to tell her parents of his visitation but came at a bad time.

It falls into that keeping silent for the bigger mission type of deal.

Tan Chai knows that if he swiftly addresses the cancellation with the parents, the parents are not going to have time to prepare, the most they can say, is okay, we respect your decision of coming to us or they have to be mature about it. But if it leaks to Ying Thae first, that gives time and room for the parents to prepare and attack Tan Chai. And look at Ying Thae when she found out?! She's doing all kinds of out of her normal character stuff now. Women. We're too emotionally involved.

Tan Chai's Mom just contradicts herself all over the place. Seems like she loves her husband but won't let Chai Yai marry for love. Lol She hates western or foreign ideaologies but is proud of Chai Yai's overseas education. She's not royalty yet she shows it off more than anyone. She has an inferiority complex of some sort. Lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I sometimes doubt Ying Thea's love for Tan Chai. Does she really love him or is she full of herself and what the elders tell her. They've been telling her ever since she was a child that her life would be complete with Tan Chai and that he belongs to her so she's having a major power trip when Tan Chai ends up loving someone else, someone way lower than her status wise.

Last edited:

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
That sad moment when you have to wait until Wednesday and Thursday just to see the new episodes, so you're marathoning all of the trailers just to see new scenes Lol.

Probably Ying Thae is so focus on being the "perfect" woman, that she will do anything to make her look good, so when Chai Yai rejected her, she felt like she lost her "perfect woman" status. Therefore, she probably love Chai Yai because he would be a person who matches her status, but the connection and affection is not there at all.

D~D

sarNie Adult
is the ost on itune yet? :confused12:I can't seem to find it. :(
I did find the older veriosn but not this one.
Ch.3 usually makes it easy to find theirs on itune b/c they provide the link.
If anyone has the link, thats would be very helpful. :)

Last edited:

amylovemeng1

sarNie Hatchling
Been so busy this week and finally have the time to watch the first two episode. Shout out to Ayaja and subbing team for the awesome subbed. I really enjoy the first two episodes, I love Son's character he is so blunt and straight forward. I will be scared too if someone I just met a couple days ago tell me that he's in love with me and want to marry me already lol. So far looking forward to this coming up episode.

Just my opinion but I like Num's version of the ost more, I can feel the longing in his voice when I listen to it compare to the new one. Wish they would have chosen a different person for the guy part cough *Toomtam* lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
That sad moment when you have to wait until Wednesday and Thursday just to see the new episodes, so you're marathoning all of the trailers just to see new scenes Lol.

Probably Ying Thae is so focus on being the "perfect" woman, that she will do anything to make her look good, so when Chai Yai rejected her, she felt like she lost her "perfect woman" status. Therefore, she probably love Chai Yai because he would be a person who matches her status, but the connection and affection is not there at all.
In the news clips that they release which can be found at the Youtube account below have new scenes here and there. I know, I just can't wait for Maan Kaew to accept Tan Chai's love. It seems like they're a pair in the next episode.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnPYsohBdI4wW4PTsBlysJQ/videos

That's a great way to put it that Tan Chai is the last piece to make Ying Thae perfect.

@D~D Yeah, I tried to find it on iTunes and couldn't find it either.

@amylovemeng1 Hahaha, they're not going to have Toomtam sing when he's not the main pra'ake. Lol It would be sort of wrong to have the second lead the main lead's main theme song.

Even though, like you, I like the previous version of the song more, but in this version, P'San pays A LOT to details and accuracy, so to be honest, Cocktail's voice is similar to the olden days. The olden days sort of sounds like this, it has a tint of that feminine touch, if you know what I mean. Lol Toomtam and Gun's voices don't really fit the olden days or not as much, though, they have great voices and would have been awesome candidates too.

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
I actually prefer Cocktail's voice more than Num's because it sounds more clear cutting when he reaches the end of the note. if you know what I mean. Num's is alright, but I was listening to it again, and then I realized that some parts when he was transitioning his high notes to low notes, it seemed as if he was out of breath; it was like his whole body wasn't engaged in the singing other than his head area (I learned this in choir way back...lol), and in some parts his voice seemed to have some wavering effect. However, it might've sounded like that because of the horrible audio quality back then too so, .... I don't know? Just a thought of mine.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I've always wanted Vill to play a Princess, just once, in her career as an actress and I got that wish in here and best yet, with Son.

@Calligraphy You're right. Cocktail has better enunciation. It's clearer than Num's plus I actually think he has more emotions. Lol If you listen to the new version like pass 5 times, it REALLY grows on you. :p

I don't think we're going to have fan wars in here between SonVill and ToomtamVill fans. They're both really chill. Hehe.

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
LOL @aiyaja Yeah..... I feel like SonVill and ToomVill kingdoms are pretty chill. It's like both of them are just happy as long as both of the pairings are in a lakorn together and broadcasted. Perhaps most of the fans actually love both pairings equally like me. I don't even care about the pairings to be honest. All I cared about was that Vill would be in a lakorn, and not just any lakorn, but a period lakorn and that she would be a princess! Yeah, I really just cared about Vill. LOL.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Haha, I care for Vill more, personally, but I was ecstatic to know that both cuties, Son and Toomtam, would be fighting for her affection in here. Lol Some Vill lakorns I have skipped or not fully watch or wasn't fully invested due to the pra'ake. I gave them a shot but still couldn't pull myself through it. Vill is so gorgeous in period and yes, finally, a Princess.

amylovemeng1

sarNie Hatchling
I agreed that Cocktail version is more clear but somehow I preferred Num's version s little more, either way both version are beautiful. Lol, I know they will not let a second lead sing the main lead ost but you know it's such a beautiful ost I would like if Toomtam do a cover of it since it's one of the lakorn ost that I listen to the most beside SSP ost.

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
Man Kaew be like: "I must hold it in; I must not let the elders worry."

I be like: "Nuh-uh... I can't hold it in any longer. Save my life people!!!"