[ONE31] Oum Rak Game Luang (The One Enterprise): Pong Nawat / Kob Suwanan / Dom Hetrakul / Donut Manatsanun

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
First episode rating is at 1.3.

The trailer looks really fun. I hope this is a grower in terms of audience reception. Or at the very least this outperforms Khun @kaewoic's previous drama with One31 (the romcom one with Mai, Ter and Golf).

lakornwatcher

sarNie Adult
First episode rating is at 1.3.

The trailer looks really fun. I hope this is a grower in terms of audience reception. Or at the very least this outperforms Khun @kaewoic's previous drama with One31 (the romcom one with Mai, Ter and Golf).

Is that a good rating or not?

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ IMO, this is a underperforming start if we consider the past dramas in this timeslot. (Many of the dramas in the past year that aired in this timeslot opened with a 1.5 or higher. Only "Luk Krung" and "Nee Sanaeha" opened with similar or worse ratings that this.)

But then again, this wasn't intended to air earlier in the first place. This was supposed to be just twice a week, replacing "Bpai Tai Hai Duang Dao". ("Ruk Laek Pop" is supposed to be the one currently airing in this timeslot if the lockdown didn't happen.)

This has a potential to be a grower though and I hope I'm right. So far, I've been seeing discussion threads in Pantip regarding this so at least there's some buzz.

lakornwatcher

sarNie Adult
^ IMO, this is a underperforming start if we consider the past dramas in this timeslot. (Many of the dramas in the past year that aired in this timeslot opened with a 1.5 or higher. Only "Luk Krung" and "Nee Sanaeha" opened with similar or worse ratings that this.)

But then again, this wasn't intended to air earlier in the first place. This was supposed to be just twice a week, replacing "Bpai Tai Hai Duang Dao". ("Ruk Laek Pop" is supposed to be the one currently airing in this timeslot if the lockdown didn't happen.)

This has a potential to be a grower though and I hope I'm right. So far, I've been seeing discussion threads in Pantip regarding this so at least there's some buzz.

I used to be such a big fan of Kob back then and watched everything that she was in or at least tried to watch everything that she was in. I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be but I still hope this lakorn does well. I saw one episode of this and her character is very different from her past lakorn. I'm not fond of her character but the storyline seems kinda different from other lakorns so I will still continue to follow this.

bit

sarNie Adult
Okay this is quite good, the cast are fit their role. It's been a while since you get age appropriate actors and actresses in an suitable role.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Okay this is quite good, the cast are fit their role. It's been a while since you get age appropriate actors and actresses in an suitable role.
Thanks for the review! My mom keeps telling me to watch this cause my aunt in Thailand keeps telling her it’s good haha. Might have to give it a try.

dertaajaf

sarNie Adult
what a long break that I had :aloofandbored:, but this one is mainly the source that propels me back to lakorn world and this forum :aaaaa:
The story is quite different from the usual and the casts are the ones I look forward to. I'm aware of Kob's capability as a great actress and I have this some sort of attraction to Pong, so I quietly keep an eye on each of his projects. Donut looks serene and angelic, perfectly suitable for her role and this actually the first time I see Dom, but boy he is so good at portraying gay persona and age just fine as an ahjussi (sorry for the kdrama term, been there too long). But yes, mainly it's for Kob. I'm not too fond of her last project since Willy was just despicable character and it's just hard for me to digest. To top it all off, there was no english subtitle that could sustain me to stay until the last episode.
Thankfully, this one is picked up by viu and that's done deal. But Giew/Godchamon's style is kinda meh... bothersome for me; her personality is not likeable either but Kob already seasoned on playing this kind of role. If anything, she has played more extreme role than this one.
Want to see more how the story unfolds and what kind of future that the babies will have? I actually surprised that Piang and Giew would go to the extra length and being married.