ONE BIG QUESTION!!!!

cecilia

Staff member
i thought it's all depend on what kind of ppl you meet..there are some pretty good decent thai ppl..well at least to my knowledge..i haven't heard any of my uncles/aunts complain about the thai ppl *maybe on politics stuff*..but as far as i know..if you're thai citizen and all..you'll be fine..*at least my aunts and uncles have no problem on it..

but i do hear that there are some bad one out there..just be on the lookout when you're in thailand..some hmong ppl can be so cruel too..not just thai..LOL

anjos

I never hard of this before tooo.... my parents never said anything bad about thai peopel. In fact my parents are planing to go to thailand. I was born in thailand and i would love to go back too... the past is the past cant we just let it go.......already........

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea i kno....there are sum good thai people.....but they are never mentioned.....my parents probably say it sonly cuz thai peoples have done things to them i guess......

Kelly

I wouldn't worry about it! I'm sure not all races are perfect! n I'm sure there are haters but not all thai peeps will be like tat!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Who cares if you've heard it or not from your parents. It's what you believe. I have to agree with Lek and Dyno on the first page there. They said it nice and simple. Use your head.

And I always find it amusing when people say something about other races and then say "for example" and gives an example involving ONE person with ONE situation. Reality check...one is just one...not the whole race.

We seriously need new topics.

p.s. I hope no one gets offended...or at least much. lols. I just cant stand these stuff sometimes.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
I've never heard of thai hating on the hmongs before..but i've heard of the chinese hating on us..and umm..i think it's true. because i have a chinese friend that dated this hmong guy, and like, her dad threatened to kill her and her bf and her bf's family if she dont quit seeing him. so she didn't stop seeing him..but she kept their relationship on very low. she wants him to get rich and famous, then maybe her father will like him..but more than likely..that will not happen.

All i have to say. where's "asian pride" at?

You know what i think, 1 person hating on another doesnt mean that the whole village is hating on them!!! they just got issues.......so stop pointing fingers and accept that it's the past, as long as we're not hating in america IT DOESNT MATTER~~~........gosher :loool: NO ASIAN PRIDE, IT JUST SOUNDS GAY!!! LMFAO
Haha! My gay girls! LOL..I agree Lek!

It's true though. That's why I don't care much when my parents say that stuff to me. My mom tells me that my dad doesn't like it that I listen to Thai music and etc. But hey, it's okay. It's what I think and what I like. Not that I don't care about my dad's opinions. It's just, people have different thoughts. I guess serving and war and having to hide out and losing his parents and stuff, my dad's been through a lot so I can't see why he thinks so. I don't think my dad minds much, cause he able to forgive and etc. So it's okay. I agree with dynomite as well. I think we're cool on this topic. The past is the past, we can't change it. But we can live with the present & future. What we have now. All of us getting along and just loving SW. LOL...:D

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
oooooooooo....kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........watvea yah sae....meeh dun care...cuz i have lots of thai frends on da other earth.....i go travel alots wif my uncle and parents.....yeah....only for thoze who havent known much bout thai ....yea!..sum thai r mean but sum r kind......aniwase juz wanna share dis lido info......baiz...

yellow_king

sarNie Egg
i don't really like to talk about hate issues...its just fires me up...but i its like this:

we people in general tend to stereotype and when we do we let it go over board...for example

lets say their are 2 types of people...blue people and orange people...one or a group of the blue people has done something wrongful to the orange people...orange people than say "blue people are this and that" instead of saying the individual in blue people...then blue people defends and say orange peole are this and that....

so bout the thai and hmong issue....not all hmong hate thais...and not all thai hates hmong...its the group of haters, wether it be a small group to a large amount, it is just that particular group...so instead of sayin thai and hmong are enemys....say some of the thais dislikes the hmongs living there...it will not offend that many people....and it will make you brighter and sound more open minded

im hmong and i hate haters who hate on hmong...but i dont generalize and say the whole group hates hmong...of course there are some haters out there like the group of antihmong in thailand that was digging up the hmong graves...i hope they die and burn in hell...and their ashes be burn again and again

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea i agree that i dont like haters either....especially the one diggin up the hmong graves.....my mom heard it on the radio and told me about how thai peeps are diggin up hmong graves and have hmong peeps segregated from the city under a bridge.....like everyone else n i said...those are jus some of the thai peeps not all n it is in da past n yalls need to stop hatin.....

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
For those who do not know the history... I thought I would add this to educate myself and others:
Hmong and Laos were fighting over territory and the US supported the Hmong. Hmong lost the war with Laos and US / Thailand took in the Hmongs after the war.

One of the refuge camps were located near a Thai temple. The Thai temple provided 10 rais or acres of land for the Hmong refugees to use to bury their loved ones among other things. After using the allocated area, several bodies were burried on a hillside that was not to be used for burials.

Water was being contaminated by the dead bodies by the residents below. So the Thai temple allowed a group of Chinese buddhist to help resolve the problem with the contamination. I'm assuming they were the ones complaining as well about the water problem because they did the dirty work. So don't misconstrue the Chinese hates the Hmongs.

No one wants to pick dead people out of the ground just to spite the Hmong community.

The uproar was because the Hmong community was furious that the property owners could be so disrespectful to the dead and exhume their bodies. Some of the bodies were not moved by the group of Chinese buddhist, as there were Hmong's who stated they would exhume their own loved ones.

THe problem was those who refused to move the bodies on the belief that it was holy and sacred ritual and should not be moved.

There's more to make you upset... the military was supposedly there to support the exhumation and the Hmongs felt helpless to men with weapons. Again... no one was shot or killed. The soldiers were doing their jobs.
----------------------------------------------------------
So if this is what your parents are discussing... I wonder what you would do? It's kind of interesting since I can understand both sides of the story. But there really isn't a need to call all THAI PEOPLE killers and haters of Hmongs.

Thai people do not like to exhume dead people from their graves... in fact, they only did it where the bodies were on the hill and affecting the water. Thais usually burn their dead. So maybe they were insensitive, but hmm... water affecting living people... you hav eto wonder.

They stated the stench and smell of the exhumation was awful as well. So I doubt the property owners enjoyed or wanted to do so, which already was on top of dis-respecting the dead.

So let's say your neighbors dead grandparents are lying on your water pipe and you are getting contaminated water from it. What would you want the government to do? What if you were the government?

The property owner stated that they restricted that area and the Hmong community in that area ignored them. And the bodies exhumed were only those affecting the water supply.

Would you want something done or let the water pipes continue to have contamination because you would be cold hearted for even thinking the bodies of your neighbors be raised from the dead?

And what is the best way to get people supportive and riled up? Tell everyone that it's all their relatives that are being scooped up. Fact or fiction, when it hits close to home, you would get upset and emotionally attached.

So that's what I got from my research. It's interesting to hear the Hmong side and the graphic details of it...

I should be better with my references, but too late... didn't record them... there is nation thai newspaper and here's one to give you foundation.

The quote is graphical so please, if you have a weak stomach don't read it and continue on. You'll get the gist anyways without it.
[hide]Reference: http://www.hmongtoday.com/displaynews.asp?ID=2083
“They chop the head off and throw it in the boiling water,” Khang described. “And as for internal organs, they simply dig that from the corpse and leave it where ever it is convenient, often right on the ground where it is some times picked up by a dog and brought back to the camp.”[/hide]
Hmm... I don't know whether to call this bias or just plain sick. Thailand is a third world country and I'm not sure what the point of describing details of how the bodies were brought up will do, but to upset people and further disrespect and hurt the families who actually have bodies that are being pulled. It's like the writer of the article is antagonizing the situation. "some times picked up by dogs" You might have seen it happened and thought that some good stuff to put in to upset people... geez.... totally unnecessary

I'll give you a better context of what I'm upset about...

What do you prefer to hear? If I was your doctor and you needed a rectal exam.

"Mr./Ms. Blah Bah... I need to examine your anus, please remove your pants. I will try to make this as fast and as quick as possible, but I need to determine if there is any bleeding, please try to relax as much as possible".

Or

"Mr./Ms. Blah Blah... I need to examine your anus... I will stick my hand in a rubber latex glove, apply lubrication, and slowly and gently, enter your anus with my index finger and gently rotate in a clock-wise manner feeling and looking for any bleeding and polyps that may lead to colon cancer which can kill you. If I find bleeding, it most likely means you have some type of diverticular disorder and may require surgery to operate and remove".

After comletion of the exam: okay... thank you I found nothing. Which patient would be more scared? The first or the second?

Did you need the details? Doctors are taught to provide what is happening, but to explain minute details only alarms and scares people when in fact you look, but does not mean you'll find. I'm probably not explaining this right, but hopefully you catch my drift.

Just trying to give an analogy.

Back to studies.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
Isn't Thai people let Hmong people enter to live in Thai when 1975. If Thai didn't let Hmong live in Thailand, the n the Hmongs would have died in Laos or the Nangko River when 1975.

I have nothing to say about this issue cuz even Hmong still hate Hmong.