ONE BIG QUESTION!!!!

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
ok...so everyone here at SW is a lil bit of everything else and is not only one race.....i like the thai language n all but my parents are like U SHULDNT GO INTO THAI CUZ THAI PEEPS DONT LIKE HMONG PEEPS.....

my big question is that R HMONG n THAI PEOPLE ENEMIES?????? i need ur input on this cuz i have never heard of it before.....

i hope this does not offend ne one......

leek18

sarNie Adult
i don't think thai and hmong are enemies. you know why your parents say that because those thai people did something bad to the hmong people in zos dej dawb so that's why they say that you so just forget it. some thai people do like hmong people

mayo

sarNie Egg
i heard a lot about the thai and the hmong.. but i think only on the other side of the world that hmong and thai dont make friends..... its like here in america... like only in the south where white dont like black... thats how it is with the hmong and the thai...

or so thats what i think.. hahahaha i dont really know... just putting my 2 cents...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
It has been said million of times. Crossing the border between Lao and Thailand was using the Mekong River or going by foot (which most Hmong during that time didn't want to). They wanted to get in illegally to Thailand, since that time was the Vietnam War, so they used the method of crossing using the Mekong River. In order to get to the other side, some hmong had to pay Thai people (fishmen) to used their boats and take them across, at times the amount was very pricey. Also some hmong who gets to the other side gets rob or rape by bandits. So you can say some hmong people has a grudge toward Thai people and starts making assumptions that all Thai people are bad.

In each ethnicity there's bound to be bad people and good people mixed around.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Really Chewy? Your parents say that? Yeah. I agree. My parents say the same too. But! I don't have anything against the Thai people, nor do I think they have anything against us. It's just that in the past history of the Hmongs, they've had bad experiences with the Thai people. I mean, the wars and stuff. And then that thing how the Thai sold some land to the Chinese who dug up those bodies. That's why our parents are so "Anti-Thai." I mean, our parents love their Hmong pride a lot so that's why. I mean, everyday, my dad always says to me, "You shouldn't like the Thai people at all. Don't you know how mean they were to us Hmongs?" I understand my dad, yes. But life has changed since then. Hmongs and Thais should be equal now. One race shouldn't hate on the other. You learn to forgive and forget. We're Hmongs. We're not bad people. We can forgive, so we should in this case. I wouldn't want to see another war rise up. Especially since now, in the US, I hate the way Bush is leading the US. Yeah, sometimes the past isn't so easy to forget and maybe our parents have gone through a lot of bad things in the past with the Thai people that forgiving is hard to do. But they should come to peace with it. We should be happy with what we have now, compared to back then. Haven't Hmongs improved by a lot now? The Hmong words, "Hmoob vam meej los lawm ntau." How many of our parents have said that before? Many Hmong associations, communities, and groups have said that tons of times. If we didn't have our past like the way we had it, would our life be like how it is now? We shouldn't hold grudges just because of our past. Learn to let go. I feel weird talking like this. I'm going to stop. :p

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea cuz...my parents is like always saying that and how i shuldnt go to thailand cuz i might get killed since a lot of hmong people have been killed and framed by thai people.....i hear that every single time....but yea i agree with u joey.....things have changed and i dont think that most of them are all bad.....

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
HAHA....and we're back to hmongs thinking they're all that...lol

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
about your question ish was so last CENTURY!!!!! i knoe wat u mean cuss i have cousins and aunt n cuncle tat tells me the same thing but all i say ish i careLESS bekuss were in 2006-2007 now..... thai peeps aren't even lyke tat anymore!!!!!

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I can't blame them.. so who cares... nowadays, it seems like everyone hates everyone one way or another.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Funny...

I'm Thai.

I used to be confused about what Hmongs are. Because in Thailand they call Hmongs --> Maew. However, Hmongs are offended by this from what my Hmong friends told me. But Maew is equivalent to calling my friends from the states Farang. No ill-intentions.

I see Hmongs do not get along with Laotian because of the war. Which is why the US took in the Hmongs because they lost their land in Laos.

Hmongs in the hills seem to have no troubles in the Thai side of things, unless their smoking and selling opium, which is another topic of discussion I guess.

Which should lead me to ask... so how about Laos and Hmongs?

But Thai's and Hmongs?

I do hear about the bandits raping Hmong girls and yes, the bandits are technically Thai. But dang it, bandits are bandits.

And of course, the pride in nationalism and what not should be construed as discriminitive.

I have friends who are THai who generally hate Thais because they are sooo superficial. Not necessarily true, but culturally... materialism does sometimes judges your class in Thai society. Bad I know.

Then there are bad border patrolman who do bad things too. But not all of them are bad. You only remember or hear the bad ones.

Similar to soldiers in Iraq who killed and raped the woman. I would be sad to know that anyone hates the military based on a small group out of the whole 100,000+ troops over there and stereotype soldiers as bad people.

Anyways... love thy Thai neighbor. :^P We are good and we are bad.

I am bad. 5555

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea i totally agree with u all...it was in the past so just let it be in the past.....but my parents are always like THAI people r hmongs enemies....and i ask about LAO and they say they are more friendlier than them.....im jus like...???kinda rascist u kno???

they always talk about how thai people are bad and they frame/kill/rape hmong people till this day...also my mom says that hmon radios have been mentioning about how thai people have been diggin up hmong graves and makin sure hmong people dont have a place to stay.......i dont kno about that part of the story but i dont think that thai people are all that bad cuz their reputation in fame and all is pretty good.......

everytime i ask tlk about going to thailand my parents are always like "i wont let u go there cuz u are gonna get killed" im jus like there are only sum bad peeps...not all of them are bad......and they jus say, "dont u kno that they can kill u or poison u at ne time cuz u r hmong???" and im jus like OMG!!!!!

the thai language/music/movie/lakorn has always been a fascination to me and i dont really want to kinda go into the thai language knowing that THAI is MY ENEMY....its jus gonna get me a bad reputation by my fellow relatives.......

Vwmvwm

sarNie Egg
My parents never said anything to me. But in my opinion, I'm not against any race at all. Myself very scared of kheej dub but not hating them because I'm sure no matter where we are or doesn't matter how many different types of people out there. There will be good ones and bad ones. For Thai people, I watch their movies and listen to their music alot too so my thought about them just very nice picture....hehe

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I know, :( One of my chinese friend dated this one thai girl and her dad paid some gangsters to beat my friend up. :unsure: :( It was something that really makes me wish that i can do something back about it, but those guys are really killers. <_< -_- :angry: But anway, I dont have any grudge against thai or any other cultures. ^_^ So its all cool. :rolleyes: ^_^

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
I know, :( One of my chinese friend dated this one thai girl and her dad paid some gangsters to beat my friend up. :unsure: :( It was something that really makes me wish that i can do something back about it, but those guys are really killers. <_< -_- :angry: But anway, I dont have any grudge against thai or any other cultures. ^_^ So its all cool. :rolleyes: ^_^
Where on earth is this happening with such frequency? Some of you make it sound like it is all over the place.

Hmm... well this is definitely not a racial thing. As a father, if some guy was dating my daughter, I probably would hire thugs to scare him too. j/k

Sounds really unclassy. Can't imagine this happening here in the states...

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
HAHA....and we're back to hmongs thinking they're all that...lol
lmfao....PA, all i have to say is HK's Rock!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Funny...

Anyways... love thy Thai neighbor. :^P We are good and we are bad.

I am bad. 5555
p'Dyno poud mark ror plow, always writing novels.....lmfao anyway took tong kah, your TRY'ing to be BAD!! :lol:

Where on earth is this happening with such frequency? Some of you make it sound like it is all over the place.

Hmm... well this is definitely not a racial thing. As a father, if some guy was dating my daughter, I probably would hire thugs to scare him too. j/k

Sounds really unclassy. Can't imagine this happening here in the states...
Yeah i wonder too, where's it happening at? oyy p'Dyno, i'll be sure my son/daughter doesnt mess with your kids......hahhah dangerous!!!!

But anyways i've question myself about this question too, just too confusing and so non-sense, i think my mom's a hater....haha wait i shouldnt of said that...lmfao!!! peeps just need to get over it...if u want to know more, ask the novel writer...lol :lol:

Julie_Yang

sarNie Hatchling
I've never heard of thai hating on the hmongs before..but i've heard of the chinese hating on us..and umm..i think it's true. because i have a chinese friend that dated this hmong guy, and like, her dad threatened to kill her and her bf and her bf's family if she dont quit seeing him. so she didn't stop seeing him..but she kept their relationship on very low. she wants him to get rich and famous, then maybe her father will like him..but more than likely..that will not happen.

All i have to say. where's "asian pride" at?

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
You know what i think, 1 person hating on another doesnt mean that the whole village is hating on them!!! they just got issues.......so stop pointing fingers and accept that it's the past, as long as we're not hating in america IT DOESNT MATTER~~~........gosher :loool: NO ASIAN PRIDE, IT JUST SOUNDS GAY!!! LMFAO

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
no, hmong and thai are not enemies.. but i think some thai people in the thailand doesn't like hmong people.. that's what i know.. i don't know for sure..

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
personally i think that they did not like each others in the past, but things have changed ALOT......and the only thing is that my parents ALWAYS say thai people will kill you if you go to Thailand....they ALWAYS say that, and i would b rich if i had a penny everytime they said that to me......its startin to get annoying too....