Once Ours* (Inspired Story)

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Hey guys, thanks for checking out my story, the story line is inspired by the love story of Din and Paeng Kwan in Crowns of Grass (and my personal life, lol).
I have about half the story already written and will try to upload them all soon. =)

*WARNING: It's cheesy and cringeeeeee lol

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 1:
Volume, 75% high, bodies, streched, music, on. Paeng stepped up front and started dance once the music started, it was her solo part, that meant her energy must fill up the field as the other 10 girl’s stayed still, as if they’re not breathing. Paeng twisted her wrist, flexed her fingers, and moved sharply to every beat, lightly. The danced continued on, all the girls moving in sync, all smiling, with their eyes, till the last beat. The girls let out a big breath, “How was it Ms. Thoj? Did we improve?” Kwan asked breathing heavily. Ms. Thoj smiled brightly, “Yes, it is a lot sharper than yesterday and you guys had more energy than earlier. I’m proud, like this when we compete, you’ll capture the crowd’s attention. Anyhow, I’ll end practice right her today, you girls did a good job today.” The girls smiled, “Thank you Ms. Thoj.” they said in excitment, “Oh”, Paeng said turing Ms. Thoj around, “The girls and I are going to go the cafe in a couple of minuets, can you come?” The other 10 girls looked at her with big eyes, “Please? It’ll be fun.” Ms. Thoj smiled, “Okay, I’ll go, but you girls go first, I have to go to the bank. I’ll meet you all there in a bit.” The girls went inside the house happilly to get ready, Ryn followed behind. That’s her name, Ms. Thoj’s first name, Ryn. “Hom, baby come here. Thank you Mrs. Dawn for watching her.” Mrs. Dawn was an older woman who is a house maid that works for Ryn. “No problem, it’s my job.” Hom lets go put on our shoes.” “Mommy!” Hom ran to Ryn and hugged her legs. “Mrs. Dawn, the girls and I are going to out, we’ll be back before dinner.” Mrs. Dawn smiled, “Ja, have fun and be safe.”

The girls were almost done ordering their drinks, a few sat already at their usual booth by the wall, the only one that can fit them all. “Hey guys, I have a quick question,” Dao said, making the girls all scooted in, “I’ve seen for the pass few…...years, but I think Mr. Tum has a crush on P’ Ryn.” “It’s not just you, I think so too.” Sirin said giggling. “I think it’s cute,...but do you guys think P’Ryn not know? I feel that she’d know by now.” Paeng joined them after ordering her drink, “What are you girls talking about?” Dao turned to Paeng, locking eyes, “We’re talking about Mr. Tum liking P’Ryn. Paeng,” Dao grabbed Paeng’s hands, “can you tell us if P’ Ryn has told you anything about him that may give us a clue?” Paeng giggled, “That’s it? I thought it was something serious. And no, from what I know P’Ryn is not intrested in any guy. Especially from Thailand.” Dao’s hopes were let down but asked, “Oww, how come? She doesn’t find them attractive? Mr. Tum is not bad, even a little cute.” Paeng sighed, “Remeber, P’Ryn said that after this year she might move back home. Maybe she doesn’t want to tie herslef down if she has plans to go back to America.” “Oh true…..” the girls replied. They started to get their drinks one by one when Dao asked, “Paeng I don’t feel comfortable asking P’Ryn, because she only talks about it when she brings it up and I don’t want to ask her out of the blue, but why doesn’t she talk about Hom’s dad?” “Dao, she already told us before didn’t she?” “I know but tell us from the beginning, from when she first stayed with you. Paeng turned to everyone, “Well six years ago P’Ryn came and stayed in Bangkok but she vistied my parents because her dad is my dad’s cousin. But she liked it so much in the mountains she decided to stay longer than her planned visit, it was fine since she was living in the city. P’Ryn’s mom had told my mom that P’Ryn moved to Thailand to pursue her teaching dream. But also that P’Ryn was once married. And I think their separation is what brought P’Ryn truthfully to Thailand. Anyhow, one day my mom was making sum tum with pickled fish and when P’Ryn smelled it, she ened up throwing up. That’s when my mom knew P’Ryn was pregnant, then she gave birth in Thailand, and started her teaching career and started teaching us dance.” Paeng ended with a plain smile. “But,” Takkaten wondered, “how come P’Ryn never went back home, in the pass five years that she’s had Hom, she hasn’t visit her parents at all either.” “Oh right” the girls agreed, Paeng wondered too, “Well truthfully, I don’t think P’Ryn separated from her husband because they didn’t get along. When P’Ryn was pregnant, she was always sad and cried a lot, but whenever I asked her she said it was nothing. I’m sure it was because they couldn’t be together. When you look at it closer, P’Ryn has never said that a man betrayed her or broken her heart, like they cheated on her. But I guess it has to be their parents that didn’t allow them to be together. And that’s why I think a reason P’Ryn hasn’t taken Hom to visit her parents because her parents may not care for Hom, since it is her ex-husband’s child.” All the girls sighed a little, Paeng took a sip of her drink then looked at it confused, “Ow, I ordered green tea, not taro tea, maybe they pressed it wrong. I’ll be back, I’m going to change my drink.” She stood up from her chair and turned around only to bump into a tall man, spilling the taro milk tea on the man. “Oh I’m so sorry. I’m sorry, I didn’t look before turning.” She got some napkin from the table and tried to wipe it off the man’s coat, “It’s okay” he said giggling a little, “I like taro milk tea, so it’s fine” The girls giggled a little too, from what the man had said, but also the fact that he was a little handsome. Paeng looked up and froze, “It’s okay really, thanks I got it.” He took the napkin out of her hand and went to the washroom. Dao grabbed on to Paeng’s arm, “Awww, did he bump into your heart?” Paeng turned to them with her frozen face, “No, that’s Hom’s dad.”

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 2:
Danel took his coat off and tried drying it so lessen the liquid on it. “Thank goodness I brought that extra coat….” Looking into the mirror for a moment then walked out, passing the table of girls, he heard them chatting a secretly looking at him but didn’t care any further.
“Are you sure Paeng, don’t be messing with us.” Paeng kept looking at Danel, “I’m serous, I’ve seen pictures of when P’Ryn was still with him. But what is he doing here?...Or maybe he’s looking for P’Ryn. “ Sirin agreed along with the other girls, then tapped on Dao’s arm, “P’Ryn is coming, look.” Ryn walked into the cafe holding Hom’s hand. “Did you all order your drinks already?” setting Hom on the seat next to Paeng’s, her smile drifted when looking at their faces, “Is there something wrong?” The girls looked at each other quickly, then Sirin cleared her throat, “Ummm P’Ryn do you want to order anything? Tell me and I’ll get it for you.” “Oh no, it’s fine, I’m not thirsty. Where are you girls planning to go after this?” They looked at each other again, Paeng answered quickly, “To the market.” catching everyone’s attention, she giggled looking at the others, “Umm, I realized that we’re running low on veggies at home. Anad since we’re out, we should buy them before we go home.” “That’s good, are you girls ready?” Ryn asked looking at their frozen faces, “...Oh yeah, yes we are, lets go” the girls said unsurly giggling. They all got into the cars and Paeng shouted to Sirin from Ryn’s car, “Ummm, Sirin, I’m going to ride with P’Ryn.” Sirin nodded and they all drove off from the cafe. Paeng kept looking at Hom from the mirror, Ryn smiled, “Is there something wrong?” Paeng looked at Run, “Huh? Oh no, I just wanted to see how simiar Hom looks to you, it seems, you two are identicel. She’s like tiny version of you. Haha.” Ryn looked at Paeng giving her that smile...Paeng knew, that Ryn knew someting was up, “You know I meant at the cafe. Why were you all acting as if you saw something wrong. Like you guys couldnn’t even speak.” Paeng thought for a second, “Well okay….you see. When we were waiting for you at the cafe, I accidently spilled my drink on this guy, but when I looked at him, he looked like...Hom’s dad…” Ryn laughed, “Are you serious? Paeng I think we both know there’s no way, maybe it was just someone who looked like him.” Paeng turned to Ryn, “But it wasn’t P’Ryn, it was him I know it. He was tall, had the same eyebrows, smile, and eyes like the pictures you showed me a long time ago. I’m speaking the truth…” Ryn was quiet for a few seconds, “Well if it is, I hope he’s gone his own way…..and the other girls knew?” Paeng giggled, “Well umm, I told them. But we didn’t say anything to him.” Ryn’s smiled died, “Well I hope he’s gone his own way….” Ryn’s heart beated a little louder, but she put it aside. Danel, here? Impossible, sure he was here...6 years ago with a big a resort in Thailand and all, but here, in this exact town, in her cafe? Impossible. Tourist don’t even come here-it didn’t matter. Danel isn’t here and if he was, he’s gone.

After shopping for a while Hom was getting tired walking around the market. It was nothing for the girls and Ryn but for a little girl, this trip to the market seemed endless. Until she spotted something with her little eyes, “Mommy, can we get some ice cream?” she said with a big smile, “Please, just from Aunty Na, please?” Aunty Na’s coconut ice cream was the best and they got it almost every time they went to the market, if Aunt Na was selling that day. Ryn smiled, “Okay, ummm Sirin, here’s some money, can you take Hom with you to buy some ice cream for everyone?” “Oh yeah, sure” Hom grabbed Sirin’s hand, “Let’s go Hom.” Sirin said with a smile, “Sirin, come meet us at the car, we’re going to load the cars up first.” Sirin nodded, “Okay.” Hom skipped holding Sirin’s hand. “Swadie Aunt Na.” Sirin said and Hom repeated after her. “Oww, Hello Sirin, hello N’Hom. How are you two today?” We’re doing good today. Can I get 14 cups of coconut ice cream to go please?” “Of course” Aunt Na said putting the ice creams into a bag for Sirin. “Thank you so much, here you go.” Sirin gave the bills to Aunt Na but the wind blew one of them to the ground and started flying away. Hom saw and went after the bill, “Ow, Hom come back! I’ll get it!” Sirin said running after Hom. Hom spotted the bill and ran to pick it up but tripped falling to the ground. An elder lady picked up the bill and walked to Hom, “Oh, little girl are you okay?” she said picking up Hom. Hom nodded, “Is this your’s?” the lady said holding out the bill to Hom, “Yes, I need it for my ice cream.” The lady smiled, “Okay then here you go.” Hom took the bill from the lady’s hand. “Mom, what are you doing? Danel asked his mom nealing next to Hom, “I was helping this little girl, she tripped running for her money that the wind blew.” Danel smiled, “Oh”, he kneeled down next to Hom. Danel’s mom looked around, “Little girl where’s your mommy?” Danel noticed right away that Hom looked like Ryn, just a glace, and you see Ryn’s smile, cheeks, and eyes. He could never forget that smile and her eyes when her cheeks pushed them up from smiling. “What’s your name?” Danel asked grabbing Hom’s hand. Sirin spotted Hom and ran to her, “Ow, Hom are you okay?” Hom turned around to Sirin, “Yes and I got the money back.” she said with a smile. Sirin thanked Danel’s mom and Danel then looked at Danel, realizing he wa the man from the cafe. Danel looked at Sirin, “Are you her mother?” Sirin stuttered, “Uh, um.” Hom grabbed Sirin’s hand, “Can we go get the ice cream now?” Sirin looked at Hom, “Oh yeah. Thank you, you two again.” Sirin thanked and left quickly. “Such a cute kid. Don’t you think she looks a little familiar?” Danel’s mom said as Hom walked away with Sirin, “Yes….” Danel answered.

After paying Aunt Na Sirin walked Hom back to the car. “Hom, you can’t run away like that okay? It’s dangerous if a little cute kid like you get lost in a big crowd.” Hom stopped and huged Sirin, “Yes Auntie Si. I’m sorry, am I in trouble?” Sirin sighed, “No you are not in trouble, I’m just worried. But now we know to not run away with out Auntie Si right? And from any of the other Aunties at home, okay?” Hom smiled, “Okay”. They walked to the car where the girls had already finished loading. “Mommy! We got the ice cream!” Hom said runnig to Ryn. “Good girl.” Ryn picked Hom up and realized her pants on her knee were dirty. “What happened here Hom?” Ryn looked at Sirin but she was talking among the mother girls. “Is there an issue Si?” All the girls turned and looked at Ryn, “Well, ummm Paeng said she already told you what happened at the cafe so, I’ll just tell you now…...THE BILL FEW OUT OF MY HAND WHEN I WAS GIVING IT TO AUNT NA AND HOM RAN AFTER THE BILL AND SHE TRIPPED AND WHEN I FOUND HER SHE HAD THE BILL BUT SHE WAS STANDING WITH THE MAN FROM THE CAFE AND I THINK HIS MOM AND I THANKED THEM BUT THE MAN ASKED ME IF I WAS HOM’S MOM BUT HOM WANTED THE ICE CREAM SO WE JUST LEFT.” Sirin said quickly. Ryn’s face froze as she held Hom tighter, then gave a light smile, “It’s okay, Hom is safe and you’re safe. Let’s go home.” Ryn turned around and put Hom in her carseat and closed the door. “But P’Ryn,....” Ryn turned around to face the girls, “I feel like he only asked me that because Hom looked like you. When he saw me his eyes were curious in hope that you’d pop up behind me.” Ryn giggled, trying to push the thought away, “Let’s hope he goes his own way. Even if it’s him,.....it doesn’t matter.Things ended many years ago. We have nothing left to contact about. Let’s go home….okay?” The girls looked at each other and smiled, “Okay” they replied and went home.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 3:
After dinner that night the girls were all in the living room watching tv. Hom had already feel asleep. Ryn came out of the room and sat on the sofa. “I feel that it’s unfair to you all, if you don’t know me as a whole, my life experiences and past…” Ryn said, catching all the girls off guard, Takkaten answered, “P’Ryn, you don’t have to, we understand it maybe an uncomfortable topic for you.” “It’s okay, if I don’t tell you’ll just keep on wondering and asking little by little. I’ll just say it now. And who knows, maybe you can use my story to make decisions for your future.” she giggled a little. All the girls faced Ryn and listen carefully, “Hom’s dad and I...were a couple, for...it didn’t seem long enough, but for 2 years. He was an international student at my college, only because he graduated from Thailand but his dad lived in America but his mom owns a resort in Thailand. Half Hmong, half Thai, when we decided to get married we got married the Hmong way. But the weekend before our wedding, his mom came home, in America, and when Hom’s dad told her we were getting married she refused. She said if he’s just going to marry an average girl like me than rather not and she has someone better for him, waiting for him. I visited but she didn’t even look at me. She came to my house and told me not to marry her son, whatever the price is, she’ll pay for me to leave Hom’s dad. She told me a regular girl from a poor family is not fitted for her son. She’ll take her son back to Thailand once he graduates to help her run her resort. I asked why she was so against me, she said she worked hard to be wealthy, and she doesn’t want her hard work to go to waste, for her son to just raise a poor girl like me. She left and I called Hom’s dad, to tell him I can’t marry him anymore. But the next day he came to my house explaining to me to not listen to what his mom had told me. I’d figure his mom was upfront with him on what she had told me. His dad supported our relationship and his dad will lead the wedding. I ended up marrying him that weekend as we planned. I thought things would have finally settled down, that now I was his wife, but his mom came back even stronger. She constantly made him go back to Thailand with her but I couldn’t go because I was about to finish studying for my teaching credential, so every time he went I stayed back. Until one time he left and didn’t come back with his mom. She told me, he didn’t come back this time because he got a wife in Thailand, her friend’s daughter. The reason he kept on agreeing to go with his mom was to visit his wife. I didn’t want to believe her, but she threw the photos of their wedding at me. And it was, him and a girl….getting married. His mom told me, “Don’t be shameless waiting for a guy who’s not coming back.” That he only married me to have a body to sleep with in America. I called and called him that night. He picked up and I asked and asked him and he denied all that he didn’t have a new wife those pictures was his mom forcing him to be a model for their magazine, advertising their wedding halls. I believed him, but he refused to tell me the reason he won’t come home. But I didn’t mind,.... I trusted him. The next day his mom told me, his dad could only afford their big life in America because of her, without her work, they would be as poor as me. If I agree to leave, she’ll help keep Hom’s dad’s company up in America and help support Hom’s dad’s life. If not she’ll take everything and leave them….. So the next day, she sent me back home. What do you call it, a woman who only lasted being a wife for three months.”

Without a sound the girls got up and hugged Ryn. She just sat there, no tears, no emotion. “We’re so sorry P’Ryn…” Ryn smiled, “There’s nothing to be sad about. The past is the past. I’ve always wanted to teach in Thaialnd, so I came. If Hom’s dad looked for me, being in the country where is mom is, is probaly the last place he’ll look. But everything is fine now, I got to teach at a school and I get to teach Hmong dance to you all. And I have Hom, I couldn’t be happier.” The girls smiled, wanting to believe the Ryn was at her happiest. “P’Ryn,.......” Sirin hesitated to ask, “Do you still miss him?....” Ryn’s smile died down, but she instantly picked it back up, “When you love someone with all your heart, you never stop loving them, you just accept it…”

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 4:
It was Monday again, going back to school and going back to work as usual. The girls went to the university and after taking Hom to school, she took the high schoolers to school since she worked there too. She started off as an English teacher but moved up to be one of the heads of the English teaching department, giving her a good pay.

“Good morning Mrs. Ta” Ryn said walking in as she does every morning. Mrs. Ta was head for the foreign languages department, in her early 30’s and loved by many students. “Good morning Ms. Thoj, how was your weekend?” After placing her things down and taking her seat at her desk Ryn replied, “It was good, how about you?” “Amazing as always. Oh, I should tell you before I forget, we have sponsors coming to our school later on.” Ryn smiled, “That’s amazing to hear, what time?” “The last hour of school.” Mrs. Ta said before walking out of the room. Sponsors were amazing for their school since it was quite a poor school, it wasn’t always up to date, but with loves of their teachers the students are able to get good grades and accepted into good universities. So sponsors meant up to date resources. Later on the day the students gathered in the school gym, for the sponsor's motivating speeches they always give to the students. Ryn wanted to get her things ready to leave after school after the assembly, every Monday Ryn collects the money from the bank and takes it to the bank. So she took her folders of work she need to do at home to her office so she doesn’t need to go back and fourth later. As she turned the corner she bumped into some one dropping the folders and papers. “I’m so sorry.” Ryn said trying to collect the folders before the wind blew them away. “Oh, it’s my fault, I wasn’t looking where I was going. Let me help you.” Ryn and the person that bumped into her picked up all the folders with one remaining but before Ryn could grab it, their hand had already grabbed it first, leading Ryn to accidentally grabbed their hand. Ryn looked up at the person as they did, coming to Ryn’s realization, it was Danel. Danel froze, he couldn’t believe it. Ryn snatched the folder from under his hand and walked away. After a second of realization he turned around and ran after her. “Ryn wait,” Ryn stopped for a second, then continued to walk away quickly, “Ryn wait!” Danel ran catching up to Ryn. Ryn smiled, “I’m sorry sir, is there something I can help you with?” Danel stepped forward and hugged Ryn tightly. Ryn pushed Danel away forcefully, “I’m sorry mister, please don’t touch me. If you need help the office is that way.” Ryn quickly walked into the department room and Danel followed, “Ryn-” “Ow, Mr. Dan, what are you doing in here?” Mrs. Ta popped up from her desk, “Oh, I umm” “Oh, this is the language department room, the gym is this way. I’ll take you.” Mrs. Ta led Danel out, “Ms. Thoj are you coming? Let’s go together, the assembly is about to start.” Ryn blinked quickly trying to think, “Oh, umm, I still need to do something really quick. You go ahead, I’ll follow-” “Actually we can wait then. It’ll only take a quick moment right? I can wait.” Danel said smiling to Mrs. Ta. “Yes we can wait.” Ryn quickly put the folders into her box and rearrange her desk quickly. “I’m ready”, she said with a light smile to Mrs. Ta. Mrs. Ta nodded and began walking with Danel following, and behind, Ryn walking slower than usual. Danel turned around making Ryn pause for a moment, but continued walking, trying to catch up to Mrs. Ta. Once they entered the gym all the students had already been seated. Mrs. Ta took Danel to the stage. Once he got on stage he looked at Ryn, standing in the back of the room, and began talking….
“Good after noon students, what a wonderful day it is today. I wanted to remind you all today the importance of education. I’m sure each and everyone of you know how important knowledge is, how power it is when you have education.” Ma, Fah, and Pim all noticed it was the guy from the cafe, Hom’s dad, they immediately turned to look at Ryn then to each other. Then back to Danel, “....and thats one of the main reasons it’s important to me, to help give back to my community, to you guys,the country’s future. Also, another example, when you have an education, you hired quicker for better jobs, so you can start your own family. You can marry the girl you want….” Danel locking his eyes to Ryn, “...you can start a life with the one you love. You can help take care of her, and you don’t have to depend so much on your parents. Let me tell you a story, when I was younger, I couldn’t get to be with the girl I loved so much, only because I told my parents I wanted to take a break from school after I graduated high school. After that break my parents forced me to go to school, there I meet the love of my life. But when we decided to get married, I couldn’t yet afford to carry a life of our own. Because I relied on my parent’s help, I was constantly working away from my wife. One day I came home, she was gone. Not because she fell out of love or she found someone better, but because I couldn’t be there to protect her, she felt so hurt she left.” Ryn broke eye contact bringing Danel back to himself, giggling “That’s why you need a good job, so you can protect the one you love. If I had gone straight to college, by the time I wanted to marry my girlfriend, I would’ve been able to support our own lives. Right?” Danel let out a light giggle again to lighten the mood, “But it’s okay. Since then I’ve worked hard, I got my own place, I’m my own boss, and most importantly I get to give back to you all. I got my life settled, with my motivation, that when I find my love again, I have a steady life for us to live.” Danel continued talking, but Ryn left 15 minutes early. After the assembly Danel went back to the room to try to find Ryn but she had left when the bell rung. As he was walking out Mrs. Ta came in, “Oh, Mr. Dan you’re still here is there anything I can help you with?” Danel smiled, “Yes, I just wanted to know if you had any volunteering hours.”
Ryn got to the cafe and parked the car. Surly he wasn’t talking about her, BUT that’s impossible, it was her. But why? After all these years, he surly couldn’t still be looking for her. She was sure he’d marry his mom’s niece by now. “Why did he have to be the sponsor?” She put her hands to her face, “Will he be back? Is he going to ask me questions?” Ryn was to shocked that everything happened so quickly, her heart didn’t even start to ache until she thought about how much she misses him. She began to break down, not having this feeling in so long. Two years ago she’d promise she wouldn’t cry for his matter anymore, she has to move on in life. But why, right now, is she crying. This feeling of hurt and guilt rushing back into her chest. Six years ago, she knew when Danel was coming back home, home to find her after hearing she left him, going back to her family. She booked her flight that morning of his arrival, not giving them a chance to cross each other, than in the sky if their planes passed each other. She new it’d be too painful, weather he really left her for another woman or not, she can’t stay. She doesn’t want to know the truth, better yet leave the option open. How much it would kill her to know he’s loyal and she has to leave. Or how much it would hurt knowing he really married someone else, she made her mind it’s best for her not to know, for it to hurt less.

When she arrived home Fah walked up to Ryn, “Ms. Thoj...are you okay? I mean of course you’re not okay, but do you want to talk about it?” Ryn picked up Hom, “No, it’s okay. Hom is tired so I’ll go get her ready for bed.” Ryn walked up the stairs. The girls gathered up together, “Poor her, we can’t do anything. Do you think Hom’s dad talked to P’Ryn today?” Sirin said. “I’m not sure. Whether he did or not, Ms. Thoj for sure is not okay.” The girls sighed and went to their rooms. After putting Hom to sleep Ryn, looked at Hom, thinking about how Danel had popped out of the blue today. She brushed Hom’s hair behind her ear and went to sleep.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 5:

The next day Ryn walked into her office and saw a note on her computer. “I’m looking forward to teaching with you today.=)” Looking next to her computer was a cup of ice coffee. Sometimes when Mrs. Ta went for a coffee run she got Ryn a drink too, so she smiled. When the bell rung Ryn walked towards her class, seeing Mrs. Ta. “Thank you so much for the coffee this morning.” Mrs. Ta looked confused, “What coffee?” “Ow, you didn’t buy me a coffee this morning?” Mrs. Ta shook her head, “No, I didn’t….maybe you have a secret admirer.” Mrs. Ta smiled, then continued, “Oh Ms. Thoj by the way, Mr. Dan, the sponsor from yesterday wanted to help volunteer, and since he felt most comfortable with teaching English, I decided he maybe more comfortable helping your class teach today.” Ryn wasn’t expecting to hear that, making her reply with a slow, “Ka……” Mrs. Ta smiled and went her way. Ryn continued slowly walking to her class, feeling her heart beat faster, ‘Wait! The note and coffee was from him?!’ Ahg, what does he want.’ When she entered her room most of the students had already been in the room, but gathered by the other end of the room. “Good morning class” Ryn said walking to her desk, “Good morning Mrs. Thoj.” When Ryn turned to look at the class disperse, Danel was at the other end of the room, looking straight at her. Ryn smiled and continued on, “Today we will be having a volunteer with our class today. Mr. Dan, the sponsor from yesterday.” Everyone turned to Danel and said hello once again. “Ms. Thoj,” one of the students said, “Did you know Mr. Dan is such a cool person.” The class spent about five minutes trying to explain to Ms. Thoj about all the amazing facts they just learned about Mr. Dan from the pass twenty minutes of asking him questions. “Okay class, I think those are all amazing facts, but we do have to get on with our day. Today we’ll start off with a journal prompt. Read the question and write a response, you have five minutes. And Mr. Dan you can participate if you’d like to when we share as a class.” Ryn started back to her desk to put up a question, when Danel asked “Ms. Thoj,” making Ryn turn around, “What are usually the types of questions you put up?” Ryn let out a light breath, “They are questions to get the student’s mind thinking of life from a different perspective or look at deeper meanings of life.” Danel nodded, “In that case, may I propose a question for the class?” Danel turned to the students, “Can I?” The students excited, “Yes” they all answered, Ryn looked at the students back to Danel. “Of course you can.” Ryn turned to get a white board marker then walked handing it out to Danel. “Here’s a marker, you can write the question on the board.” Danel grabbed the marker, brushing his hands over her fingers holding it. Danel started to write: How do you win back the person who loved you most? When Danel finished writing he looked at Ryn, Ryn looked back, but not with nervousness but sadness, “okay class your five minuets start now.” Ryn said taking a seat at her computer about to take attendance. Danel walked back to her, but Ryn acted as if there was nothing there. Danel placed down the marker on her desk, but continued standing next to her. After taking attendance Ryn turned her seat, “Excuse me.” she said with a smile. Danel moved over quickly, Ryn got up and walked to the front of the class, “Alright class, who would like to share?” The class was quiet, Danel walked up next to Ryn, “Please give me your opinions, maybe it can help me get back the woman I love.” Danel said smiling, making some of the girls giggle. One of the girl raised her hand, “I think getting back a person you love is to show that you have always love them, that your heart has never changed.” Danel smiled, “Thank you so much.” Another girl raised her hand, “ If it was me, I would want the guy to show my loyalty, no matter how long it’s been. Also, it’s important to respect her decision. For example, what if you love her, but she doesn’t love you anymore.” Ryn, stepped forward, “I agree May, you must respect other people’s decision.” A boy raised his hand, “I think from my perspective, you must chase her, explain to her, and keep trying to show how much she means to you.” Danel smiled, “Thank you, maybe I can use that.” Danel giggled and looked at Ryn. Ryn looked at Danel, then quickly looked away, “Okay class today we’ll practice writing paragraphs for our final project this semester.” For the rest of the school day Ryn taught as usual, just with Danel looking at her the whole time. During the breaks Ryn left the class and asked Danel to look after the class incase students came in, failing his plan to talk to her alone. Once the bell rung for school to be over Ryn quickly walked out with the students leaving Danel at the back of the room. Once Danel noticed Ryn had already left the class he quickly followed the other students out, spotting Ryn down the hall he ran after her. Danel gently grabbed Ryn’s arm to stop her from walking any faster then got in front of her, blocking Ryn. Ryn quickly moved her arm away from Danel and took a step back. “Please don’t touch me like that. Is there something you need Mr. Dan?” Danel grabbed Ryn’s hand, “Ryn, we need to talk. Stop avoiding me.” Ryn took her hands back, “I’m not avoiding you and if someone was avoiding you, it probably means they don’t want to talk to you or have nothing to say to you. Excuse me, school is out.” Ryn stepped to the side and walked towards the department room. “Ryn, wait.” Danel said following Ryn. “Can you not act as is we don’t know each other?” Ryn stopped and turned around, “It’s better if we didn’t know each other.” She went to her desk and packed her things, then walked out with Danel following her. Before walking out the gate Ryn turned around, “Can you please stop following me?” Danel stepped closer, “No, not until I get to talk to you.” Ryn thought for a moment then sighed, “Fine”

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 6:

Ryn sat on one side of the table by the side of the cafe. “Go a head”, gestring her hand for him to take the seat across from her. Danel walked up to her and grabbed her hands bending on one knee, “Ryn please come back to me. Do you know how long I’ve been looking for you? I’ve been looking for six years straight I-” Ryn took her hands a way and stood up, with Danel standing after her, “ I thought I left a note making it clear that I’m leaving.” Ryn said not making eye contact, “If this is all you wanted to say, I’m leaving.” Ryn stepped beside Danel walking pass him. Danel turned around and wrapped his arms around Ryn, “No Ryn please, I know you didn’t leave because you didn’t love me. You left because my mom forced you to. She made it seem that I had another wife, it was all her plan. Ryn please believe me.” Ryn’s tears dropping down her face quietly. She removed Danel’s arms wrapping hers, “It doesn’t matter what was the reason I left, I left. I’ve moved on you should too.” Ryn took a step forward but Danel turned her around holding her arms. “Impossible, if you’ve moved on you wouldn’t be avoiding me, you wouldn’t have let me in your class today, you wouldn’t have agreed to come talk with me. If you hated me, if you got over me,” Danel slowly wiped Ryn’s falling tear, “you wouldn’t be crying.” Ryn broke eye contact and tried to push Danel away but he hugged her tightly. Ryn stopped resisting for a moment, making Danel loosen the hug. Ryn roughly pushed Danel away, “I’m crying because I hate you. And you should hate me too for leaving you.” “Ryn you can hate me, but I can make you love me again. I’ve never hated you nor will I ever hate you. You are my world, I can’t live without you anymore.” Ryn backed up, “You’ve been living for six years without me and you’re perfectly fine. Better than if we were still together, you wouldn’t be as successful as you are today. Just go back home, and and continue your life.” Danel grabbed Ryn’s hands, “Ryn you are my life, I became successful so when I find you, I can take care of you. Please.” “I don’t need you to take care of me. Excuse me I really need to be going.” Ryn turned away, “But I need you to take care of me,...I need you Ryn. And no matter how long it takes,...I’m going to do everything to get you back to me. Even if I take my entire life time.” Ryn walked away with eyes full of tears.

As Ryn was grading the papers she noticed she was missing a folder with the test. She picked up her phone and called Paeng, “Hello? Paeng did you pick up the girls yet? Oh okay, when you go to pick them up can you go into my class and get the pink folder. It should have tests in them. Thank you.”

Paeng parked in the parking lot and walked to the building. Paeng picked up the girls from high school during the week day since it’s on her way home from the University. The high school girls usually stayed to study with other friends, so it was a time that worked for Paeng to pick them up. Paeng walked into the classroom and to the desk. “Where is it? The pink folder?...” Paeng looked through the stacks as Mr. Tum walked by, he notice Ms. Thoj’s room was open. “I thought she already left…” Mr. Tum walked into the room and saw Paeng looking through the stacks, “ Oh Paeng….what are you doing here?” Paeng looked up startled, “Oh, Hello Mr. Tum. Ms. Thoj forgot a folder so she asked me to get it on the way home.” “Oh, I see.” Mr. Tum smiled. “Uhmm, but I’m having a hard time finding it.” Paeng said giggling. “Let me help you.” Mr. Tum said walking over to the desk, What does it look like?” Paeng scooted over to allow Mr. Tum to help look, “She said it was pink.” Mr. Tum lifted a black folder on the top right, “Is it this one?” Mr. Tum handed to Paeng and she opened it, “Yes it is, thank you so much.” Paeng closed the door as Mr. Tum and she walked out of the room. “Thank you for helping me Mr. Tum.” Mr. Tum replied,”You’re welcome, I was walking by and realized Ms. Thoj’s door was open so I was just worried.” Paeng gave a light smile. “And also Paeng you don’t have to called me Mr. Tum.” Mr. Tum giggled, “You can just call me Tin like how you use to.” Mr. Tum giggled. Paeng looked down, “Oh, okay. Well I have to get going….um, Thank you again for helping me.” Paeng wai and left.
Paeng opened her car door and placed the folder down,...”Tin…” she said quietly. The last time Paeng called Mr. Tum Tin was during her first year of college, when he was her senior lab partner in English. But since he became a teacher she’s just called Tin that because all the high school girls called him Mr. Tum. Ma, Fah, and Pim opened the doors to the car straddling Paeng snapping her out of her thoughts. Fah sat in the passenger seat, “Ah, what were you thinking? So concentrated...a boy?!” Pim and Ma giggling, teasing Paeng, “No, I was thinking about why you guys were taking so long.” Paeng smiled and the girls drove home.
“We’re home!” Ma said once they walked into the house, “Hi,” the girls sitting in the living room said, “We were wondering if you guys were coming home tonight.” they giggled. Ryn walked out of her office, “Did you find it Paeng?” “Oh yes, here.” She handed the folder to Ryn.” Ryn took the folders, “Thank you Paeng.”, Ryn smiled and went back into her office quietly. The girls just looked at each other then they all looked at Paeng. Paeng turned and went into Ryn’s office closing the door. “P’Ryn,” Ryn looked up from her papers, “Yes?” Paeng walked over to her desk, “How was your day? Are you okay?” Ryn looked up, “My day was okay. I’m okay, why do you ask?” “We’ll ummm, the girls and I felt something is off. And even if you don’t’ want to tell the girls, you can tell me. I’m always here for you.” Ryn forced a smile, “I know. Thank you for that.” Paeng nodded and walked out. Ryn placed her pen down and sighed.

Ryn walked to her desk, no iced coffee this morning, ‘Hopefully he left’ Ryn thought. Her day went normally as it always had and she went to eat lunch with the rest of the teachers. Mrs. Ta was sitting next to Ryn, “Uh, Ms, Thoj. This morning Mr. Danel called me,” Ryn stopped chewing for a moment, “and he said that his donation would like to include a field trip for the business English class to the resort. He thinks it’ll be a good opportunity for the students to learn about how a big business is handled. Along with the use of English too. I think it’s also a good opportunity for the students, also including that the whole trip will be payed for. But I wanted to get your answer first since you teach that class.” Ryn looked at Mrs. Ta and down, “I think it sounds amazing, it’s just the students have finals coming up and I’m afraid the trip will take up some time.” Mrs. Ta was quiet for a moment, “Or how about this, have the trip be the student’s final? Thinking about it, you can have the students write a report about the trip. And make it the weekend of finals week.” Ryn couldn’t make up another excuse so she agreed. Mrs. Ta smiled, “Okay then I’ll let Mr. Danel know and I’ll send him your email and contact information so you guys can start organizing the field trip.” Ryn nodded, “Yes.” After school Ryn stayed and got ready for tomorrow's lessons when she received an email on her lap top from MoonLight Resort, “Hello Ms. Ryn Thoj, We are happy to welcome you and your class to MoonLight resort in Hua Hin, Thailand for the weekend of November 5-6. Although the lesson starts on the 5th, we’ve arranged for your class to arrive on the 4th to get the full exprence. More information will be given by our owner Danel Srijan. If you also have any questions regarding the field trip feel free to e-mail us or Mr. Danel himself. Thank You we look forward to work with your class.” Ryn closed the e-mail, followed by the sound of another e-mail, by Danel Srijan, “I’m sure you received the e-mail regarding the filed trip by now. Thank You for accepting my offer. I look forward to seeing you.” Ryn closed her laptop and went home after preparing the lessons.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 7:

* Paeng walked into the living room after showering, walking pass Ryn’s office. She heard the computer go off twice. Curious to see if Ryn was still in her office she went in but Ryn wasn’t in there, she was about to turn back when the computer went off again so she walked to see what it was notifying, she read “e-mail: Danel Srijan (3)” “Danel?.....” Who is Danel massaging at this hour?..........Peang left the room and saw Ryn walking out of the kitchen, “P’Ryn, I was walking pass the office and your computer was sending notifications, I went in there to see if you were in there but you weren’t. So I looked at your screen and you have three new notification from someone named Danel…” Ryn gave a light smile after a few seconds, “Thank you. And good night, sweet dreams Paeng.” Paeng gave a smile, “Ja. You too P’Ryn.” Ryn walked into her office and opened up a computer, ‘3 New e-mails from Danel Srij…’. Ryn opened them up, “ I hope you got home safely and had a delicious dinner. See you tomorrow.=)” “Also wear something comfortable tomorrow.” “And one last thing, good night and sweet dreams my Ryn.” Ryn smiled reading the last message, then caught herself, shaking off the smile. What is he up to now?... She closed the e-mails and went to sleep. Ryn walked into the department room and noticed some of the teachers chatting together, but it seemed normal, the younger female teachers liked to talk among each other. She sat at her desk and noticed an iced coffee and a bag with pastry on the side of her desk. She picked up the sticky note and read, “Good morning, have an amazing day my love.” Ryn looked around but Miss. Kate walked up to Ryn, “Ms. Thoj, you’re here. Come join us,” Miss. Kate took Ryn by the arm and went towards the rest of the teachers in a group, “Mr. Danel is here today and-” Ryn stopped Miss. Kate, “Um, Miss. Kate actually I have to go prepare my class this morning. Sorry I can’t join you guys this morning. Miss. Kate pouted, “Alright then.” Ryn took a glace at the group and saw Danel standing with the girls. She quickly turned back to her desk and grabbed her things and went to her classroom. Tin walked by Ryn’s class and saw her sitting in her desk and decided to go in. “Good morning Ms. Thoj.” Ryn looked up from her laptop, “Oh good morning Mr. Tum. Is there something you need?” Mr. Tum walked up to the desk, “Oh no, just wanted to say good morning….And ummm, Ms. Thoj I wanted to ask if you were free next weekend.” “Oh sorry, next weekend is the field trip to the resort with my English business class.” Ryn said rechecking her learning plans. “But is there something you needed help with? Maybe we can do it during next week.” Tin gave a polite smile, “It’s okay then, may I ask when you’ll be free?” “Umm, I’m not sure but I’ll let you know. But if it’s important you can e-mail me about it.” “Yes, have a nice day.” Tin was about to walk out but stopped and turned around, “Umm, Ryn…” Ryn looked at Tin a little shocked, “Can I ask you for Paeng’s number?” A little shocked, Ryn answered, “Uh,-um, Yeah. Sure.” Ryn pulled out her phone with a smile, “Here you go.” Tin typed it into his phone, Ryn still smiling, “What did you need to contact her for?” Tin answered smiling a little, “Um just to ask her a some questions. Thank you.” Ryn’s smiling widen, “You’re welcome.” Tin walked out of the room and Ryn got her phone and started texting,
“Paeng have you spoken to Mr. Tum recently?”
“No, only when I came to look for
the pink folder. He saw that your door
was open so he came in and helped me
look for it. That was the last time I spoke
to him. Why?”
“Oh nothing, I was just asking.”
How cute, did Tin ask for Paeng’s number to talk to her? Does he like her? Ryn questioned, being the cheesy lady she is with romance. She remembered the first time she was introduced to Tin he was Paeng’s lab partner,...maybe he wants to get in contact with her again..How cute it would be if they got together Ryn had thought. She was like this, she loved romantic stories, and especially if it was someone like a little sister to her, her teasing skills were soon to be shown. Hehe.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 8:

* During the second class period Danel walked into the classroom on the last two minutes, where Ryn usually let the class pack up for lunch. Walking in the students greeted him, “Hello Mr. Dan! Nice to see you again.” Ryn heard and looked up from her desk where she was packing up her things for lunch. Danel walked up to her, “Good afternoon Ms. Thoj. How is your day today?” he said with a smile. Ryn looked away, “Good afternoon Mr. Dan. My day is okay.” The bell rung and Ryn went up to the class excused them taking her things, following them out the door. Danel caught up after leaving the room. “I wanted to thank you in person because I don’t know if you received the e-mails since I didn’t get a response. Thank you for accepting my offer.” Ryn stopped walking, “Please don’t misunderstand my actions, I accepted them on behalf of the school and my students. I hope you understand me. And I ask that you only message me about work matters.” Danel smiled, “So that means you saw the e-mails” Ryn’s face turned more serious then it was before, “I am a teacher I must read all e-mails I recieve in my work e-mail. Excuse me, I need to get going now.” Ryn started walking to the teachers cafeteria, Danel looked towards the department room, “Are you not going to put your things away?” Ryn stayed quiet continuing to walk, “Then let me hold them for you.” Danel said, trying to grab the folders out of Ryn’s arm. “Stop, I don’t need you to hold them for me.” Ryn moved her arm away from Danel. “Please leave me alone,...better yet, go away.” Danel smiled, “Nope, I told you, I’m going to do everything to get you to love me again.” Ryn stayed quiet until ordering her food. “Good afternoon auntie, I would like shrimp fired rice wrapped in egg please.” the lunch lady smiled, “Ja”. Danel moved closer to Ryn, watching the lunch ladies make the egg sheet to wrap the fried rice in. “And how about your friend here?” the lunch lady who took Ryn’s order asked Ryn. Ryn looked at Danel, and back at the auntie, “He’s not my fri-” “Actually I would like to order the same thing as my wife.” Danel said shocking the lunch ladies and Ryn, “Ow, Nu Ryn, when did you already get married?” Ryn gave Danel an angered look, “No, he’s not my husband-” “No need to be shy, newly married couples can’t stay away from each other.” The aunie said giggling then turned around to prepare another plate. Ryn turned to Danel, “Don’t call me your wife, I’m not anyone’s wife. You’re making people misunderstand greatly.” Danel smiled, “How come? You’re still my wife, I didn’t send you back. Therefore, you’re still mine and I’m still yours.” Ryn inhaled and walked away to the paying station. The auntie placed the two plates and their sauces onto a tray. Ryn was about to hand her money to the cashier but Danel took her hand down and handed his money to the cashier instead, “Here take mine.” Ryn moved her hand away from Danel and gave the cashier her money, “Here you go.” Ryn took her food and walked away. “Ow,” Danel gave the cashier the bill and took the tray, “You can keep the change.” Danel quickly followed Ryn to the table she was heading to. Ryn sat and Danel sat across from her, “Is the food here good?” Ryn looked up at Danel then back down opening her folders. She started reading over the assignment ignoring Danel, when Danel took her plate, “Here if your busy, I’ll feed you myself.” He began cutting up the egg when Ryn took the spoon from his hand and took back her plate. “I don’t need your help.” Ryn said slowly and continued reading the papers until the last one. When she finished she closed the folders and began to eat. “Is it good? Do you like it? If you like it, I can learn to cook it for you.” Danel said, making Ryn look up at him but continued eating. “Ryn, after school-” “I told you to leave me alone, didn’t !I? No matter how much you try to get me to come back to you, I will never come back. The more I see you, the more I hate you, the more irritated I become at you. You should really leave or else I’m going to leave.” Ryn got up taking her things and left. Danel sighed and thought. Ryn went back to her classroom and closed the door and cried. Why did it hurt her this much for her to say she hated him, it made her heart ache. Hurting her more than it hurted him. To love someone and miss someone but not be able to tell them, hug them, look at them the same way you use to...with love. Danel walked into the department room to see if Ryn had come there, but saw her desk empty. Mrs. Ta stood from her desk, “Is there something you need Mr. Dan?” Danel looked around, “Umm yes, do you know if Ms. Thoj is here after school?” Mrs. Ta took a moment to think, “No she usually never stays after school. Did you need to talk to her? If so maybe you can catch her on the way out.” Danel responded, “Thank you, I just wanted to talk to her. But if I can’t I’ll just e-mail her.” “Ja” Mrs. Ta responded.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 9:

* Ryn walked quickly to the department room after the bell rung for school to be out, just to find Danel sitting in a chair next to her desk. Ryn walked over to her desk and started to pack her things. “Ryn, I need to talk to you, about work. I need a list of information of the students that’s going on the trip and if they’re allergic to anything and so on.” Ryn grabbed her bag and turned to Danel, “I’ll send an e-mail later on today with those information.” She started walking out, “No.” Danel said making her stop, “ I need them now. I’m returning to my resort tonight and I need them to help prepare a week in advance.” Ryn turned around. “I don’t have printing paper right now. So I cannot give you physical copies.” Danel walked towards Ryn, “Well then let’s go buy them now. I need them before I go back later on.” Ryn signed, “I really can’t go right now or today. If you like I can send them in a few minutes and you can print them at the printing place.” Good, let’s do that then.” Danel grabbed Ryn’s hand and walked out, “Let go.” Ryn tried getting her hand back from Danel but he held it tightly. “I really can’t go today. I have other things to do.” Ryn said still trying to take her hand away. Once they made it to the parking lot he took her to his car. “Get in.” He opened the passenger seat. “DO you not understand me, I said I CAN’T go today. Let me go, I’m in a rush.” Danel made a thinking face, although he had nothing to think about, he already had a plan set up. “Well I don’t know any printing places around here. And you seem to know so you would take us. It won’t take us that long right?” Ryn tried taking a step back, “Yes, it won’t take long but I need to do something right now. So can you please let go of my hand.” Ryn said, grabbing onto Danel’s hand holding her’s for him to release her hand. Danel grabbed onto that hand too, “Please, if it’s not an emergency, take me to the printing place. It’s for work.” He smiled, “I can send you home too if you need to immediately go home after. If I can’t get it today, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to go home. And I’ll come wait for you all day tomorrow too.” Ryn sighed, “Fine, Only if you let go of my hand.” Danel smiled, “Yes.” He let go of her hand and moved over for her to get in the car. Ma and Fah walked back from the food stand by the school and saw Ryn getting into someone’s car. “Ma, Ma, isn’t that P’Ryn?” Ma looked over, “Oh yeah, it is. Who is she getting into a car with?” Danel closed the door and walked over to the driver's seat. Fah gashped, “It’s Mr. Dan. The guy from the restaurant.” Ma looked at Fah then back to the car and they watched Ryn and Danel leave the parking lot. “Why did she go with him?”Ma asked walking back to the class with Fah, “I don’t know. What if he wants to talk to P’Ryn and get back together?” Fah said thinking.
Ryn sat quietly and faced out the window when she got a phone notification. She picked up her phone and started texting. Danel looked over and back, “How have you been Ryn? Are you well?” Ryn looked up, “Why are you asking?” Danel responded, “I just want to know. I want to see how my wife is.” Ryn turned her head to Danel, “NE- talk nicer. I am not your wife, if you don’t stop calling me that I’m going to get out.” Danel giggled, “Okay, okay, I won’t call you that anymore. But I really do miss you Ryn, do you know how many days, weeks, and months I cried for you?” Ryn turned her head away from the front, she can’t handel it, she might start crying, hearing how hurt he was, she was just as hurt. “But then I started to work, to find you, I looked everywhere, in town, in the city, half of the country. But who would’ve thought you’d be in Thailand. I didn’t think you’d want to be here.” Ryn didn’t reply to what he had said, ‘Umm, you make a right here. Then a left in three stop lights. It will be in the shopping area then.” “Okay.” Danel replied, “But you never answered my question, how have you been?” Ryn looked at Danel and Danel looked smiling back. “I’m okay.” Ryn said looking away. After parking the car Danel turned to Ryn and grabbed her hands, “Ryn, please tell me, what will it take for you to come back to me? To love me like before. This time I will protect you, it will just be you and me. My time, all of it will be for you only. Please Ryn, I found you again, I’m not letting you leave this time. Do you know, ever since I saw you the other day, I couldn’t sleep and eat, I have just been thinking of how to get you to turn to me again. If I lose you this time, I won’t know how to live. Please come back to me Ryn.” Ryn looked at Danel’s eyes, that were looking deeply into her’s. She broke eye contact looking down and took her hands back slowly. “Danel, we can’t go back to like we were before, I’m not going to come back to you. It’s been many years and you’ve lived okay without me. You will be fine continuing your life without me. I’m sure there are plenty of young women out there who will be really good with you. You should focus on your life and your career, and get over me. I ended our relationship many years ago, you should accept it too.” Ryn grabbed her bag with her laptop in it, “We should get going.” Danel grabbed Ryn’s hands again. “No, Ryn what is so bad about me that you won’t come back? I’m here now, I won’t give up on us. I found you Ryn, I thought it would take me a life time to find you in this world. But actually it felt longer than a life time. Please, I’m begging you Ryn, I know you still love me. I don’t understand why you are hiding it.” Ryn took her hands back, “Please Danel, I’m truly asking you, forget about me, we can’t be together. If you keep doing this, I’m going to run again.” Ryn got out of the car and started walking towards the printing store.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 10:

*Fah, Ma, and Pim got into the car, “Oh, Hi Hom.” Pim said putting her bag in front of her legs. “Paeng, where’s P”Ryn? She didn’t pick up Hom.” Paeng started driving out of the parking lot, “I’m not sure, she said she had to run an errand and she needed me to pick up Hom.” Fah and Ma looked at each other. “What is it? What did you guys see today?” Ma asked when realizing they were giving each other a look, They were all best friends so that look, was definitely a “we know something” look. Fah turnined to look at Paeng, “When Ma and I were coming back from buying snacks we saw P’Ryn get in go Mr. Dan’s car.” “Really?! And you did think of telling me?” Pim asked Ma and Fah. “Wait, who’s Mr. Dan?” Paeng asked in confusion. “He’s a sponsor for a our school, we can him Mr. Dan but his name is Danel but more importantly, he’s…” Fah looked at Hom who was eating her cracker, “He’s the guy you spilled your drink at the cafe.” Paeng looked at Fah, “For real?!” Fah and Ma nodded, “Yes. But we don’t know why P’Ryn went with him.” Paeng thought back to when she read the name of the person who was sending Ryn e-mails last night, Danel….
Ryn and Danel walked out of the printing store, “I can call a cab to take me back.” Ryn said,starting to walk away. Danel grabbed Ryn’s hand, “No, I can take you.” Ryn turned around, “It’s okay, I don’t want to bother you, you still have to go back home.” “No, it wouldn’t be responsible of me to bring you out and let you go home alone.” Danel said and started walking to the car. Ryn grabbed Danel’s wrist of the hand holding her’s, “You can let go, I can walk on my own.” Danel looked at Ryn but continued walking, “It’s okay we’re almost to the car.” Danel took Ryn to the passenger seat and opened the door, “Go ahead.” Danel said with a light smile. Ryn looked hesitant for a second then got in.” Danel got in and started the car, “Which way to your house?” “Just take me back to the school, I need the things in my car.” Ryn said responding. Danel thought for a second, “Actually I’m hungry. Are you hungry?” he said looking at her, Ryn sighed, “No, I’m not hungry.” “Okay, well then maybe you’ll feel hungry after I order the food.” Danel said then backed out of the parking spot, “I know a good place. I’ll eat quickly then send you back to the school.” Danel said then started driving. Ryn quietly sighed and kept herself facing out the window. After parking Danel got out of the car, “Ow, are you not coming?” Danel asked before closing the door. Ryn continue facing out her window, “No, I’ll wait here. Quickly go and eat. So you can take me back. Or if you don’t have time I’ll call for a cab, to save you time.” Danel closed his door and went to open her’s. “Come on, let’s go. I’m not letting you sit in the car. If you don’t come out I’ll carry you out myself.” Ryn looked the other way. Danel bent down and reached over her for her seatbelt, startling Ryn, she didn’t think he was serious. She turned her head quickly meeting her eyes with his. For a few seconds they looked into each other’s eyes, Danel broke the silence, “So are you going to walk in yourself or do you want me to carry you too?” Ryn looked away and lightly pushed Danel out of way. She unseatbelt and turned to get out of the car, “Can you please move over so I can get out of the car.” Danel moves back and held his hand out to help her. Ryn got out of the car without his help and closed the door. He lightly smiled and took her hand and headed towards the restaurant doors. Ryn snatched her hand back as the waiter showed them to a table. Danel pulled out a chair for Ryn but she pulled out the other chair herself and sat down. Danel sat and opened the menu, and started ordering, after he finished he looked at Ryn and asked if she would like to order anything else. “No.” Ryn said not making eye contact. Danel gave the menus back to the waiter. Danel would ask a couple questions but Ryn would only answer with a yes or no or some of them she just stayed quiet. After all the food were set on the table Danel placed a spoon of rice on the plate in front of Ryn then one on his plate. “Eat up, here.” Danel grabbed a shrimp and walnut from the dish and placed it on Ryn’s plate. Ryn looked at the dishes and suddenly became hungry, more than she was earlier. She look at a dish to another, realizing they were all her favorite dishes. She looked up at Danel who was smiling at her, “Eat up….I won’t start eating unless you eat.” Ryn looked back down as the feeling of shyness spreaded down her face. She looked back at Danel and he put his eating utensils down. Ryn picked up her spoon and fork and took a bite of her rice, she looked at Danel again, “You can eat now.” Danel smiled and picked up his spoon and fork again, grabbing a piece of stir fry and placed it on her plate. “I can get it on my own.” Ryn said, Danel looked at Ryn, taking in her beauty once more making Ryn look at him with a slight confused face, “What? Is there something on my face?” “No, I’m just looking because I think...you became more beautiful in the pass five minutes.” Danel said leaning in. “Ni-” Ryn placed her utensils down, “if you don’t stop I’m going to walk out.” “Okay, okay, I’ll stop.” He leaded back up and began to eat as so did Ryn.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 11:

*Ryn got out the passenger seat and took her bag of things out. Danel got out of his car and started walking Ryn to her car, but Ryn turned around, “I don’t need you to walk me, I’m fine. I thought you needed to go home. You can leave now.” ‘It’s okay I can walk you to your car.” Danel said smiling and continued walking. Ryn turned and continued walking. After placing her things in her car Ryn opened the driver’s seat, “You can go back now.” Danel walked up to Ryn, “Get home safely.” he said then slowly moved her hair from her face to behind her ear. Ryn was looking at his eyes, not realizing what was happening, then she snapped out of it, taking a step back. “I told you not to touch me.” Ryn quickly turned around and got into the car and drove off.
“Mommy!” Hom shouted as she ran to Ryn walking into the house, “Mommy, where did you go?” Ryn hugged Hom, “Uhhh” Ryn looked up seeing as Paeng was sitting in the living room where Hom’s toys were, “Uh, mommy was still doing some work today, sorry I didn’t pick you up today.” Hom smiled, just happy to see her mom. Paeng set her things in the office and came out to the living room, “Hey Paeng, thank you for helping me pick up Hom today.” “It’s okay, but where did you go?..” Ryn sat down on the couch, “Ummmm, Paeng, I’m going to go home early.” “What?!” Paeng said in shock. Ryn got up and sat next to Paeng and picked up her hands, “Paeng I can’t stay here anymore. Hom’s dad found me….and if he finds out about Hom, he’s not going to leave us. And I don’t want to get involved anymore with him. I wanted to let you know, I’m going to go home first then in two weeks you guys will come as planned.” Paeng listened in disbelief, “P’Ryn, how are you just going to get up and leave?” Ryn looked down and up at Paeng, “No Paeng I’m not leaving, right now it’s complicated and I’ve already made my mind that I’m not leaving for good. I’ve been here for long I love it here so I’m returning next semester. I just need to be away from Danel for a little bit.” Paeng tilted her head, “Danel?” Ryn looked down and away, “Hom’s dad” “The person who emailed you last night?” Paeng asked making Ryn reply with a nod. Paeng turned to look at Hom who was playing with her toys on the ground, “I guess if you want to, but why do you want to? If he wants to get back with you, what if he still loves you P’Ryn? Don’t you think it will be selfish of you?” Ryn shook her head, “No, I can’t Paeng, his mom will take everything from him and his dad. I don’t want to be the reason of issue, I just want them to be successful and happy….even if he’s happy with another girl.” Paeng sighed, “When are you going to leave?” Ryn stayed quiet for a moment, “Next Friday.”

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 12:

*The next day after a night of explaining to the rest of the girls Ryn went to work and gave a notification to the Principle. She accepted it confused and at first irritated, Ryn was going to leave before the field trip but accepted it because since the first day Ryn worked there, she’s never been tardy or taken long vacations. Ryn said that she will find a teacher to take the students still and left the principle’s office. Ryn went on teaching in the morning as she usually does. The bell rung for lunch and she went back into the department room to put her folders back then headed out to the cafeteria. Walking she felt her phone vibrate and looked at it, ‘e-mail: Danel…’ but she decided she didn’t want to look at it right now so she continued on. After ordering her food Ryn went to sit next to Mrs. Ta and asked if she could sub in to taking the students on the field trip the next weekend with her reason as she won’t be in country any more. Mrs. Ta agreed simpliy as for the same reasons as the principle. Ryn asked Mrs. Ta to keep it between them and she’ll let her know all the information about the trip and Ryn will tell her students herself. For the next week Danel constantly e-mailed Ryn Good night messages and ask about her day but Ryn didn’t answer. On Friday morning the girls all said their good byes until next week. Once the plane took off Hom grabbed Ryn’s hand, “Mommy, who are we going to see?” Ryn smiled, “We’re going to see Tais, Tais. Remeber Tais, Tais from when we talk on the phone? Grandma? Remeber?” Hom nodded her head, “Yeah, I want to see Tais too and give her a big hug…..But mommy, are we going to see my daddy?” Ryn stayed quiet for a moment, “.....No, we’re not going to see your daddy.” Hom was confused, “How come? You said daddy lives in the USA too. So why can’t we go see daddy?” Ryn patted Hom’s hair, “Your daddy doesn’t live there anymore, I don’t know where he lives.”
Once the buses arrived at the resort it was about 6 pm. The group of workers set up to help tour and teach the students helped them check in and get settled into their rooms. Soon after Danel went to the room he had reserved for Ryn. After knocking on the door, Mrs. Ta opened it, shocking Danel. “Uh, hello Mr. Dan,.......” Danel took a step back, “Uh, hello Mrs. Ta.” Mrs. Ta looked almost as confused as Danel was, “Is there something you needed?” Danel tilted his head, “Um yeah. Did Ms. Thoj come? Because I’ve been e-mailing her but she hasn’t responded so I just thought I could catch her before it was to late.” Mrs. Ta looked a little less confused, “Oh, no Ms. Thoj didn’t come. Did she not tell you?” Danel shook his head, “No she didn’t. Is she okay? Is she sick?” Mrs. Ta smiled, “How about I tell you down stairs, it’ll be more appropriate.”
Mrs. Ta and Danel got into the sitting lounge and they sat across from each other. “Ms. Thoj went out of country and asked me to be the chaperone for the class.” Danel was at disbelief, “Out of country?! Do you know where or why?” Mrs. Thoj shook her head, “She didn’t tell me why or where. But I’m guessing it has to be about you….” Danel looked at Mrs. Ta, reassuring he just heard what he heard. “Me?..” Mrs. Ta smiled and nodded, “Yes you. Ever since you showed up for the sponsor Mrs. Thoj has been different. And I realized you had a thing with her when you had lunch with her. I’m not sure exactly what it is nor is it my business to know. But it seems Ryn is hurt, I’m not sure where she went but she’s not running because she doesn’t like you, but she’s running because she doesn’t want to face you.” There was a moment of silence, Mrs. Ta continued, “I’ve know Ryn for five years, she is a nice and responsible lady. When she can no longer hide her emotions, she is no longer okay.” “Yes, Thank you Mrs. Ta.” Danel said and left. He reached the top floor and went into his office. “Think Dan, think.” Danel tried thinking, ‘out of country?’ She has to of had gone back home. That’s the only place….he thought to himself. He looked up flight tickets but the earliest flight is booked, leaving the next flight that wasn’t all the way book in 14 hours. That wasn’t going to work. Danel called the airports in Napa, Ca. “Hello it is Danel Srijun, I wanted to know if you guys will be open for me to land my private jet within 24 hours?..Yes…”

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
How do you guys like the story so far? I had a very clear image of what I wanted to write but now, I don't know how or when I should end it. Lol. If you'd like, please give me some of your opinions so I can have some ideas. Thank you. =)

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 13:

Ryn opened her house door and her mom came running to her and gave Ryn a tight hug, “I miss you so much Ryn.” Ryn hugged her mom as tight, “I missed you as well.” They let go and Ryn’s mom looked down to Ryn’s leg where Hom was holding onto Ryn’s coat. “Hello,...you must be Hom. Don’t be shy, it’s tais.” Ryn’s mom held out her arms and Hom walked into them, Ryn’s mom hugged Hom tightly as well. “Come, let’s go see grandpa.” Ryn’s mom took Hom by the hand and Ryn followed after.
After settling things into her room Ryn took out her phone, it was five pm in California so that means it’s still morning in Thailand. Ryn thought and then called Paeng, “Hello Paeng,....Yes, we made it home. How’s everyone?......That’s good. Yes, I’m finalizing everything so it’s all set when you guys get here. Remember to practice everyday once and send me a recording….okay, have a nice and safe day.” Ryn hung up the phone call.
Paeng walked into the cafe and ordered, “Yes, can I have a green milk tea, light on ice and no pearls please. Thank you.” After putting her wallet back in her bag Paeng turned around but bumped into someone, afraid she was going to fall he caught her right arm, Paeng’s face was nearly touching his, “Are you okay miss?” Paeng broke eye contact and looked down of embarrassment and picked herself from his arm. “Ow, Paeng, it’s you.” Paeng looked up and it was Tin. “Oh, Mr. Tum….Um, I mean Tin.” Tin gave a light smile. “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking, I really thought there wasn’t anyone behind me.” Paeng said, taking a step back. “It’s okay, are you okay?” Tin asked with Paeng nodding in reply. Paeng looked around noticing the counter workers and other customers in the cafe were looking with a smile and some giggling. ‘This is so embarrassing’ Paeng had thought and went to the corner to take a seat. Paeng scrolled through her phone after a few seconds she saw person standing in front of her, looking up it was Tin, “May I join you?” Paeng took a moment to answer, “Oh, yes go ahead.” she replied with a light smile. “Um, I asked for your number from Ryn the other day and I’ve been meaning to text you but I haven’t gotten the courage.” Paeng was shocked as to why he asked Ryn for her number, with her heart quickly beating after. “It’s that I wanted to ask you,” Paeng’s heart was for sure going to jump out of her chest now, “-UM, Tin, would you excuse me for a moment?” Tin was a little startled, “Oh sure.” Paeng smiled and got up and went to the restroom. When she got into the bathroom she let out a breath, what was he going to ask her and why was she reacting this way. Paeng looked in the mirror, “Why are you acting like this Paeng? You don’t even know what he’s going to ask.” After fixing her cardigan she walked back to the table. When Paeng sat down she noticed their drinks had already came. Tin took a sip of his and then placed it down, “I’m so sorry, what was it you wanted to ask me?” Tin looked down and smiled, maybe even blush, “Umm, it’s I want to take Ryn out on a date, but I wanted to ask you somethings about her, like what’s her favorite type of food and such. Since you two are like sisters, I’m sure you’d know.” Paeng smiled, “Awww, how sweet. Well I think I can answer any question you have. Ask away.”
After getting into her car Paeng let out a sign, ‘Are you serious Paeng, you thought he’d have a question for “you”? Are you dumb?’ Paeng put her hands to her face feeling embarrassed to herself. ‘Tin must really like P’Ryn huh?......’ Paeng’s mood died down. ‘Of course he would, Ryn is a respective and and proper lady, only someone with good eyes would see that…’
Ryn got ready for bed as Hom was already asleep. Ryn’s mom walked into her room, “How’s everything baby?” She came over who was sitting at her makeup desk and brushed Ryn’s hair back from her face, “It’s amazing. Like how I’d dream it would be.” Ryn’s mom smiled, “Thanks to you for working all this time and buying us this big house and living a comfortable life.” Ryn turned to her mom and hugged her waist, “I’m happy you’re happy.” Ryn’s mom hugged her back, “But why did you decide to come home earlier?” “I just couldn’t wait to see you and dad again.” Ryn looked at her mom and smiled. “Alright, I miss you too.” She gave Ryn a kiss on the head and Ryn gave her mom a kiss back on the cheeks. “Good night and sweet dreams Ryn.” Her mom said walking out the door, “You too mom.” Ryn said and her mom shut the door closed. Ryn got into her bed and looked at Hom, when her phone sent a notification. Ryn picked up her phone and saw a message from Paeng: “P’Ryn guess who I ran into today?” with a smiling face, Ryn replied, “You’re soulmate?”
Paeng: P’Ryn right now is not
the time to be joking. I saw
Tin today at the cafe and
guess what he told me?”
Ryn: Awwww, did he confess his love for you?
Paeng: No, he told me he wanted
to take a beautiful lady on a
date when she gets back
from over seas.=)
Ryn: Who?
Paeng: That’s for you to guess,
hehe

Ryn sat a little unassured, ‘surly Paeng didn’t mean me….’ that doesn’t make sense.
Ryn: I’m guessing you, when we come back
from competition.
Paeng: You’ll have to see and wait.
I’ll stop bothering you now since it’s
night time in America. Good night
and sweet dreams P’Ryn.
Ryn: Good night and Sweet dreams too Paeng.

Paeng set her phone down on her desk. Thinking, what’s this feeling she’s getting…’-snap out of it Paeng’ she got up and grabbed her purse heading out for lunch.
Peang closed the car door and started her car up when she heard her phone ring, she picked it up, “Hello Paeng, are you are your lunch break already?” Sirin said from the other end. “Yes” Paeng replied. “Let’s go have lunch together.” Sirin told Paeng. “Okay, see you at our usual spot…..Okay, see you.” Paeng hung up and drove off. Paeng walked in and saw Sirin already sitting at the table, “Hi Sirin.” Sirin looked up, “Hi Paeng. Have you heard anything from P’Ryn today?” Paeng nodded, “Yes, she said Hom and Ryn got home already and to practice and send videos everyday. And she’ll see us soon.” Sirin smiled, “I miss P’Ryn already.” Paeng gave a light slime, “Me too, but we’ll see her soon.” Sirin smiled back, “Yes we will. And I already ordered food for us.” “Okay” Paeng said when her phone sent a notification sound. “Text Message from……” Paeng opened the message, “Hello Paeng, it’s Tin I forgot to thank you earlier this morning. Thank you for helping me.” Paeng put her phone away and the food started to come out. Paeng and Sirin started to eat but Paeng was out in a daz. Sirin looked at Paeng and tried to study her, “..Paeng” Sirin said but Paeng continued playing with her rice, “..Paeng.” Sirin said a little more aggressiveness, Paeng looked up, “Yes?” Sirin made a slight confused face, “What are you thinking about? You seem so concentrated…..is it a boy?” Sirin gave Paeng a blushing look. “Ummm not really.” Paeng replied, “Si, can I ask you a question?” “Of course, what is it?” Sirin asked putting her spoon down. “Paeng placed her’s down too, “What is the feeling of liking someone who likes someone else? It is being greedy?” Sirin grabbed Paeng’s hand that was resting on the table, “It’s not being greedy, you’re not doing anything wrong. Who is this man who took your heart?” Paeng tilted her head, “No one, just wanted to know for future use.” Sirin smiled looking away, “I don’t believe you, but I’ll let you go now. I’ll make you tell me when we get home later on.” Sirin smlied at Paeng then continued eating as did Paeng.

thailakornlover75

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 14:

Ryn was helping her mom clean up after breakfast when Hom came up to Ryn, “Mommy, where are we going today?” Ryn turned around and bent down to Hom, “Hom today mommy has to go do things, but after, we can go on a picnic okay?” Hom nodded, “Okay.” Hom ran off to play. “Ryn, are you sure you don’t need me to go?” Ryn’s mom asked as they walked to the stairs. “No I’m just going to run to a few fabric and craft stores and I’ll be back.” Ryn replied. “Okay then see you later.” Ryn’s mom said as Ryn walked out the door. “Yes.”
Ryn drove all the way to city to the best asian fabric stores. Looking for the last touches on the girl’s outfits for competition. After coming out of the last store Ryn checked her time, 11:12 am. ‘I still have some time.’ Ryn thought and thought, she wanted to but didn’t know if she should, ‘It should be fine.’ Ryn drove to the river and got out of the car. This was her favorite river, she’d always come here when she was stressed or needed to get away from people. Ryn took off her shoes and let the water touch her feet as she walked down the river, to her favorite spot. Ryn smiled and went to sit under the tree she would always sit under. ‘Feels so relaxing’ Ryn had thought to herself ‘it’s been so long but the feeling is still as comforting’ after a few minutes Ryn got up and touched the river, then started walking back to the trail leading to her car. But Ryn heard the bushes behind the tree move making her turn around. Ryn looked and Danel popped out, scaring Ryn. Danel looked up and saw Ryn, surprised but happy he ran to hug her. Ryn was still in shock but snapped out of it when Danel wrapped his arms around her. Ryn pushed Danel away then turned away and started walking away quickly. Danel followed calling Ryn, “Ryn wait, stop.” Danel grabbed Ryn’s arm to stop her from walking and got in front of her, “Ryn, do you know I’ve been looking for you everywhere? This was the last place I thought of looking, and you were really here.” Ryn aggressively took her arm back and took a step back, “Why are you looking for me? Don’t you have a big resort to run? Why’d you come here?” Ryn said angrily then walked around Danel. Danel turned Ryn around, “Ryn why did you leave? Why didn’t you tell me? You just left me without a word. Do you know how worried I was about you?” Ryn pushed Danel away, “Don’t touch me. And I can go wherever I want to, it has nothing to do with you.” Ryn turned around and quickly walking towards her car but tripped on the stepping stone, causing Ryn to fall. “Ryn.” Danel ran over to Ryn and squatted next to Ryn, “Are you okay?” Ryn looked up at Danel with watery eyes and an angered look, “Here get up.” Danel said then lifted Ryn up. “I said don’t touch me.” Ryn turned around but quickly fell backwards feeling a sharp pain in her right ankle. Danel caught Ryn, “Ryn are you sure you’re okay?” Danel looked down to Ryn’s ankles and saw it was bleeding, “Ow, Ryn your ankle is bleeding.” Ryn turned her head to look at Danel, “Obviously” Danel turned Ryn sideways and lifted her up, “Here let me help you.” Ryn immediately tried pushing Danel away to drop her, “Let me go….I don’t need your help.” Danel tightened his grip, “Stop, you’re bleeding and still want to act tough?” Ryn started hitting Danel’s shoulders, “Drop me!” Danel tighted his grip and brought Ryn closer to his face, “If you don’t stop I’m going to kiss you!” Ryn stopped, looking at Danel, “And who knows, we’re here alone. No one knows to come here, we can be here all day.” Danel said giving Ryn a smirk. Ryn looked around then back at Danel and put her hands to herself, facing the other way. Danel walked up the stepping stones to the car and placed Ryn on the bench in front of the car. He took a look at her ankle, “Ouch!” Ryn said when Danel tried lifting it. “I think you sprained your ankle too. Do you have band aids?” He looked up at Ryn, whom quickly looked away. “It’s in the car. In between the front seats I have a first aid kit.” Danel went to the car got the first aid kit and came back. He got a wet wipe and cleaned the area it was bleeding and put a band aid on. After Danel took Ryn’s flats off and wrapped her ankle. Ryn looked at Danel, she misses him caring for her. Miss his caring touch and worry. “How are you going to drive back?” Ryn looked up thinking, “Uhh…” “Oh how rude of me,” Danel said standing up, “You can come with me.” Ryn thought for a moment, “No, I’ll call for a ride. You can leave now.” Danel sat closely next to Ryn and looked around, making Ryn look around. “What?” Ryn asked Danel, looking around. Danel stopped and looked closely at Ryn, making her tilt back, “We are far off the main road, how are you going to call for a ride. No one knows this place, no taxi is going to come looking for a girl down the river. Your only option is go with me.” Ryn looked away thinking and thinking. The last thing she wants is have to get into Danel’s car. “Well what is it?” Danel said standing up, “Are you coming with me or…….wait here until your ankle feels better? It will be dark tonight and…….you’ll be alone. Or you can ask me to stay here with you until it heals, I’m happy with that option too.” Danel gave a big smile. Ryn looked at the car and back at Danel, “Fine, I’ll go with you. Just drop me off at a cafe. I’ll call for a lift there.” “Oh, no.That can’t happen.” Danel said making Ryn look at him worried, “Why?” Danel bent down in front of Ryn, “I thought you understood me at the printing store. I’m not going to leave you somewhere half way. I’m responsible for you now. If you go missing I’ll be the one in trouble. I’ll just take you home.” Danel picked Ryn up into his arms. Ryn tried pushing Danel away, “Wait,....my house is far.” “It’s okay, you made it here from the morning, it can’t be as far as Thailand.” Danel replied with a smile, “I parked on the other side, do you need anything from your car?” Ryn looked at the car, “Just my bag.” Danel placed Ryn back on the bench and got her bag.