OHO Magazine Interview: Story of Love, Mark and Mint

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
In the midst of downloading Thara Himalaya Episode 2 now. Just finished capturing Din in Episode 1. Will try to sort out the pics if I can today.

The things I'd do for MTeam ;)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Mintwix, you're so sweet. I really wish I can read Thai. I can romanized, but that will take me a decade. And then I would have to figure out the meaning, base on the transliteration. Each and every day, I try to attempt learning a new word and memorize it. Sadly I have no one to practice with verbally.

I must have to comment on Aum and Aff. For me, they had more chemistry in Namtam Mai than Jam Luey Ruk. I liked JLR more, because Namtam Mai lacked a good script. Aff's has a lot of limitation when she acts, and I think she needs to step up her game to more challenging roles and live up to that challenge.

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
I must have to comment on Aum and Aff. For me, they had more chemistry in Namtam Mai than Jam Luey Ruk. I liked JLR more, because Namtam Mai lacked a good script. Aff's has a lot of limitation when she acts, and I think she needs to step up her game to more challenging roles and live up to that challenge.
I didn't watch much NM when it came out - probably because I was busy at that time. (Thankfully 4 HJHKK happened when I was on my break ;)). But I kinda concluded that some viewers were disappointed with NM because Aum+Aff weren't together as much as they'd like them to be (probably because they had read some spoilers from the novel ?). I asked a friend who had watched it without having any kind of expectation and she thought it was good.

I think Mint too has plenty of rooms for improvement. mint, didn't you mention something about Yaya being a better actress than Mint (something like that ?). I think so too but there's something about Mint that i really like. I like her confidence when dealing with the media / press people (at least from the clips I've managed to see). I like that she's still all giggly when she's with her girl gang. On "Star Stage" she didn't dance as well as Yaya but I like that imperfection, somehow. LOL, I'm not making sense at all :D

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Mintwix, you're so sweet. I really wish I can read Thai. I can romanized, but that will take me a decade. And then I would have to figure out the meaning, base on the transliteration. Each and every day, I try to attempt learning a new word and memorize it. Sadly I have no one to practice with verbally.
To be honest, I actually have no one to practice speaking Thai with either. I don't have any Thai friends >.<. That sounds so sad and bad. >.<

But anyways, it's never too late to start learning how to read a foreign language, especially if you already understand it. :) I took up the task 6 years ago, and it didn't cost me anything except time. Later after a month of learning how the alphabets and vowels form words together, I was able to practice reading and writing Thai because I actually made internet pen pals with people from Thailand.

I think Mint too has plenty of rooms for improvement. mint, didn't you mention something about Yaya being a better actress than Mint (something like that ?). I think so too but there's something about Mint that i really like. I like her confidence when dealing with the media / press people (at least from the clips I've managed to see). I like that she's still all giggly when she's with her girl gang. On "Star Stage" she didn't dance as well as Yaya but I like that imperfection, somehow. LOL, I'm not making sense at all :D
Something along that line. >.< I actually don't think Yaya's that much of a better actress than Mint. There's a difference, but it's actually not that big. As of now, I just think Yaya has a better harness on her abilities to express herself, which makes her more skillful in this aspect.

Those are some of the reasons why I like Mint as well. As for the dancing in Star Stage, I can't offer my own interpretations, because I couldn't even bear to watch them! :lol2: I thought all of them did a horrible job.

But I'm surprised you didn't mention the singing part on Star Stage. A lot of people on YouTube bash Mint for her voice and compare it to Yaya's, which I actually find quite baffling. It wasn't as horrible as people make it out to be. I think there was just a case of double-standards going on.

And preference don't always have to make sense, right? That's why I avoid debating those things when people like to share opinions about their favorites and what not.

Off tangent--but intuition is something else that can never be rationalized. Anyways, why do I have feeling that we're turning this thread into a mixture of slight OTness? ;)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think Mint has the upper hand when it comes to acting. I guess I am flatter of her two previous lakorns prior to PLR. Okay you know what I take back what I just said, I think both Yaya and Mint are at the same level. They both have room for improvement.

Anyways I didn't understand an utter of Thai, until I started really watching lakorn. That was way before Thai-English subbers started to emerged. It became easier with subbers. But there is still a whole lot that I don't know of. The basic I got down. But then I tend to forget because there are periods where I will not practice my Thai. And it's really awkward speaking Thai to myself in the mirror.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I think Mint has the upper hand when it comes to acting. I guess I am flatter of her two previous lakorns prior to PLR. Okay you know what I take back what I just said, I think both Yaya and Mint are at the same level. They both have room for improvement.
I actually agree completely. Currently, it seems Yaya has the upper hand in the acting department because of their recent works, DJA and PLR. But if you compile all of their works besides the recent ones, they're actually in the same league. Or maybe Mint is in an even higher league. I still haven't watched Dong Poo Dee or finished Sood Tae Jai Ja Kwai Kwa (I tend to avoid real drama >.<), but I've read that Mint received high praises for them, especially considering they were intense scenes she had to play, and at such a young age too. I think a great deal why both girls seem to do well or not do so well depends on the directors they work with. IIRC, both Dong Poo Dee and Sood Tae Jai Ja Kwai Kwa was directed by Khun Aof. I know he's considered one skilled director.

I don't want to bash Khun Khing anymore than I already have, because I know he has produced/directed many commendable works before, but recently, PLR isn't one of them. Then again, largely that's because they killed the script.

Anyways I didn't understand an utter of Thai, until I started really watching lakorn. That was way before Thai-English subbers started to emerged. It became easier with subbers. But there is still a whole lot that I don't know of. The basic I got down. But then I tend to forget because there are periods where I will not practice my Thai. And it's really awkward speaking Thai to myself in the mirror.
LOL! What you wrote there just reminded me of myself 5-6 years ago. When I first started pen pal-ing, I annoyed my sister so much because I kept on talking and singing to myself in Thai. I didn't use the mirror though. I used video cameras! :loool: Then I also did the same thing during my freshman year in college. I don't know if it annoyed my roommate or not, but she certainly was amused. I mixed English, Japanese, Thai, and Lao together and just sorta rambled. Sometimes that's how you have to practice. Then again, that's just me--it works for me--and sometimes I'm just thick-faced like that.

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
I really can't say much since I haven't watched both Yaya's and Mint C's previous works. I don't know if I'd watch KRN since I know it's focused on Ploy's character. I haven't seen "Whan Jai" because viikii.net hates me. I sure wish it's uploaded on YT.

Wow, I really commend you gals for your perseverance in learning Thai. Hmm, maybe I should start now with the help from that student of mine. ;)

LOL, mint, we do tend to OT eh ? ;)

P/S : I did wanna include 'sing' but I think misspell it the first time and forgot to retype the word. But yeah, it's not like Mint sings professionally. Yaya does sing well though.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I really can't say much since I haven't watched both Yaya's and Mint C's previous works. I don't know if I'd watch KRN since I know it's focused on Ploy's character.
Me neither. I've only relayed commentaries I've read. Though I did watch Wan Jai. And yes, Mint did a fine job.

I haven't seen "Whan Jai" because viikii.net hates me. I sure wish it's uploaded on YT.
But it is uploaded on YT. IIRC, Bliss posted a link in the 4 Hua Jai thread a while back. They're ENG Subs too. Check 'em out.

Wow, I really commend you gals for your perseverance in learning Thai. Hmm, maybe I should start now with the help from that student of mine. ;)
Just give her an A+. ;)

LOL, mint, we do tend to OT eh ? ;)
Yes, we are OT buddies.

fun

Expired Sarnie
If you listen to the original Ica Saranyu song "Hom", I prefer Mark's voice just for that particular song. I like Ice lol... and the girl's chorus, well there isn't much a difference in Mint and the girl who sang the original part.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I listened to Ice's (original) version once, and yup I prefer Mark's voice for "Hom." Then again, maybe it's because I heard the song first through Mark's voice and the whole performance that MTEAM did at TV 3's concert was cute, so the visual presentation probably added to my bias. .. Then again, all of MTEAM interactions seems to be cuteness overload. :p I'm hungry for mOaR...

I do like Ice's voice though. I used to listen to that one theme song he sang for Dum Kham on repeat back in 2009.

P.S. Yay for OTness.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I listened to Ice's (original) version once, and yup I prefer Mark's voice for "Hom." Then again, maybe it's because I heard the song first through Mark's voice and the whole performance that MTEAM did at TV 3's concert was cute, so the visual presentation probably added to my bias. .. Then again, all of MTEAM interactions seems to be cuteness overload. :p I'm hungry for mOaR...

I do like Ice's voice though. I used to listen to that one theme song he sang for Dum Kham on repeat back in 2009.

P.S. Yay for OTness.
Totally agree with you;
I dled the song to use for my MTEAM slideshow! I prefer listening to Mak :)

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
If you listen to the original Ica Saranyu song "Hom", I prefer Mark's voice just for that particular song. I like Ice lol... and the girl's chorus, well there isn't much a difference in Mint and the girl who sang the original part.

Checked out the song by Ice Saranyu. Lol - had no idea Margie was featured in the video clip. ^_^

Hmmm - I'm probably MTeam biased but I do like Mark's voice better :crush: Yep, Mint's voice and the original girl's voice sound more or less the same.

Btw, I'm downloading Ep. 4 now. In the midst of SCing Ep. 3 of TH ... *sigh* Din is so darn cute - I feel like SCing every sec of his appearance LOL! :D