OHO Magazine Interview: Story of Love, Mark and Mint

mintwix

MMの弁護士。

Scans: Khun fan_beam from http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermthai/topic/A10076463/A10076463.html
Translations: mintwix

The ratings for Pathapee Lei Ruk, 1 of 4 series in 4 Huajai Hang Koon Kao--the celebrated lakorn for Thai Tv Channel 3’s 40th anniversary—is just as strong as the hearts of the pranangs, Mark Prin Suparat and Mint Chalida Wijitwongthong. All of a sudden, words have it from amidst the set that the two have created a love story.

The news is so strong that I, who am not the type of person who likes to be nosy anyway, must make an appointment with the two in the middle of the producer's office, in order to clear the story. So, while the nang aek is still stuck in traffic, I waved my hand to call Mark to come forward and answer some questions. How will the two’s relationship be defined? Let me just say….There’s a chance—we can cheer, everyone!!!

I: Your face is very young. Really, let me ask you: how old are you?

Mark: 20.

I: Oh, no. Aren’t you too young? You’re only just 20 years younger than me. And how many siblings do you have?

Mark: Two people. I have one older sister.

I: And is your elder sister beautiful? (Mark turns to look at my face). Ow. Well, your face is so fine, so I was wondering if your elder sister’s face is very similar to yours.

Mark: She’s good. She’s pale and is Chinese-looking, just like how a Northern woman would look.

I: And how about your father and mother? Are they good-looking?

Mark: P’Hoy, are you trying to annoy me?

I: Ow. I’m not trying to annoy you. I just want to know. (Mark raises his face up to show that he’s good-looking). So how did you enter the industry?

Mark: A friend of P’Ae saw me at the center in Chiang Mai. This friend of P’Ae, he saw me since I was in Mor 4 (Thai grade in high school), but I kept rejecting (the offers). But finally when I reached Mor 6, he still kept bugging me, so I just thought why not give it a try.

I: What was the first work that P’Ae led you to do? Was it an advertisement for underwears?

Mark: Heeuy! No, that’s not it. It was just doing shoots for a book. I think it was the book, Ploy Gaam Pech. After that, it was a music video for Prik Tai, the song “Mai, mai, gaw ruk.”

I: And it ended up with filming lakorns?

Mark: That’s right. The first lakorn is Ngao Luang Jai. I played with Mint Nattawara. It was alright, because Mint is also one of P’Ae’s kids.

I: At that time, did you think you were famous? Like when you go walk in the market, would there be people who come and scream/fangirl?

Mark: It was okay. Sometimes there would be aunties who come and ask for autographs.

I: And then we come to Pathapee Lei Ruk, your second lakorn. How is your character?

Mark: So it’s like, I’m the owner of a resort and there’s a rival resort owner who sends his daughter, Mint, to investigate in order to ruin my resort. But I would be calm and composed. I’d know of the nang aek’s every scheme, but I wouldn’t say anything.

I: With Nong Mint, have you met her before this?

Mark: I met her when I went for the casting for this lakorn.

I: And how’s Nong Mint? Right now, she’s not here yet, so if there’s anything you want to say, go ahead and say it all.

Mark: Nong Mint is loveable.

I: Aoy. About her loveliness, everyone in the country knows that already. I’m asking for real, is there any aspect that is not loveable in Nong Mint?

Mark: Well, no. She’s loveable. She’s skilled in playing lakorns, she’s focused on accomplishing her work, she likes to invite you to conversations, and she eats a lot. But it’s good that she invites me to eating with her and doesn’t secretly eat by herself (laughs). Otherwise, I would be bitter with her. The only bad thing is that recently, we’ve both become fat. Think about it, I almost couldn’t carry her in the lakorn (laughs).

I: You compliment her so much, so do you like her or what? I see that you two are in the news together. (I was just pretending to tease, but Mark was actually really shy about this. He quickly laughs to cover his shyness). Ow. Don’t laugh yet. Answer the question.

Mark: Do I like (her)? (He puts on a thoughtful expression). We’re siblings. (I look into his eyes in order to search for the truth). Really.

I: If you two are siblings, then you must know whether she has a boyfriend or not.

Mark: I don’t know. I’ve never asked her.

I: And what about you. Do you have a girlfriend yet?

Mark: I still don’t have one.

I: You’re lying! You’re this good-looking, I don’t believe that you’re single. (Mark smiles). Let’s put it this way then...When was the first time you had a girlfriend?

Mark: In grade 3 of Kindergarten. At that time, I went swimming and I met her. I liked her a lot. From then, I went swimming. I would swim, swim and then discreetly go to hug her everyday (laughs). When I reached high school, there was another person I liked, but we weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend, because she didn’t like me. As for when I entered the university, there’s none at all. It’s not that I don’t want to have a girlfriend, but I wouldn’t have that much time to go take care of her. Right now, I just want to have close friends; that is enough. In addition, I don’t really flirt with females, so that’s why I don’t have one, I guess.

I: So, what type of woman do you like? For me, first thing, she would have to have long hair. About other things, I don’t care.

Mark: I look at her face first. I like a lady who has long hair and is Chinese-looking. (I think Mark’s type fits exactly the young lady who is walking in right now. I even secretly notice Mark’s facial expression and gaze, which when you look at them, they were really sparkling. During that time, I allow the two to greet each other. As for me, it was better that I snuck away to sit with Nong Mint’s mother to speak with her).

I: Hello, Khun Mae. Mint is beautiful, just like you.

Mint’s mother: I’m sorry, Hoy, that I came late.

I: That’s okay. So anyways, Nong Mint is very beautiful. Are there a lot of guys who come and flirt with her?

Mint’s mother: (laughs) Well, there is some flirting, but if you’re talking about boyfriends, there’s none because I often tell her to be careful—don’t go and give hope to anyone. And I taught her a lot of Thai customs. Her news with Mark, I think it’s more due to reception. I don’t think Mark is flirting with Mint. When Mark BB in, I also sit and listen. But right now, Mint is really fond of the singer whose name is Nickhun. (Speaking of this part, Mint just happened to walk right in on time, so I finally have the opportunity to interview the beautiful nang aek).

I: I feel like your face is familiar.

Mint: The truth is, I’ve been modeling and doing advertisements since I was 8-9 years old. There were facial cleansers and curds (advertisements). But mostly, it was aired in Vietnam.

I: Ow! Why was it like that? Perhaps your face is similar to the faces of Vietnamese people? (Mint smiles) Let’s talk about lakorn Pattapee Lei Ruk. How is it?

Mint: I feel extremely blessed that the elders gave me this opportunity, because during the casting, there were a lot of actors and actresses. When I received (the opportunity), I screamed. But at that time, I didn’t know I had to play with P’Mark, so secretly, I was a little worried, because he seemed so still. The first day we had to shoot a scene together, he was just stoic. So P’King had us go to acting class one time. After that, it was better.

I: And then after that, how was Mark?

Mint: He likes to annoy you. Outwardly, he looks prim and proper, but the truth is, he’s not prim and proper at all. He doesn’t seem to know anything at all (not aware of updates/news). Think about it. Even when Krispy Cremes was opened in Thailand, there were plenty of news about it, and he didn’t even know.

I: This is rather like he doesn’t care about anything in this world. But he put it on himself to explain that he doesn’t quite flirt with females.

Mint: Aoy! Really? I think it’s more that he doesn’t flirt blatantly. He comes off as more still and sly. When I ask him, is this woman loveable? He always tells me she’s not loveable.

I: Perhaps, his standard is high. And has Mark ever complimented you?

Mint: Never. If he compliments me, he means it sarcastically.

I: But I think he may have sincerely complimented you, because I heard that you two secretly flirt with each other.

Mint: (laughs) It may also be because pictures from the set was slipped out. But the truth is they’re pictures from the set. There were other people with us. As for walking and shopping, we went normally as siblings.

I: And you don’t think about liking him at all?

Mint: Aoy! When I talk about this, I’m weary. He’s way too annoying. He belches at me; like this, would I be able to handle it? And another thing, whenever someone comes and flirts with me, I’d tell my mom everything. My mother would say that guys are scary and I should be cautious in taking care of myself. Whatever the case, he must pass my mother first.

I: And have you ever had a boyfriend?

Mint: It’s more that I had a secret crush before. But at that time, I was really young. He was an athlete and I secretly admired him. We went to play with each other everyday, but later on, he punched me in my stomach and I didn’t like him since then.

I: Tohhh. ..You met a sadistic guy since you were a kid. Your mother said you like Nichkhun a lot lately.

Mint: That’s right. He’s a guy who’s perfect, talented, handsome, and loves his family. I think everyone would like him. Other than Nichkhun, someone like Aoojun, my mother and I also like.

I: And one day, if you had the chance to go international, would you go?

Mint: I would. Sometimes, I actually dream about it. If I were a Korean actress, how would it be? (Puts on a dazed expression)

When she’ll go international, I don't know. Let’s just say, for this beautiful lady, right now, she’s P'Mark’s nang-aek in Thai lakorn.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
You are def. the best..
i enjoyed reading this!! I squealed mak tooooooooooo
cause MAK AND MINT ARE TOO CUTE!

thanks again!!

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
*SCREAMS* :flowers: OMG, thanks so much for the translations^^ I love MTEAM!

I feel so bad for MINT.. I can't believe her secret punched her in the stomache o_O POOR MINT!!

Reading this interview makes me BLUSH.. Hehehe! :crush:

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
OhMG - I'm so grinning and smiling all over. Thank you again and again, mint. :worthy:

I'll surely re-read this article - yeah, another thing that MTeam's making me do. :D

I'm trying to catch up with posts on SW , opps, I mean AF. My laptop was acting up last night - and you gals had posted so much on MTeam!!!

Thank you, everyone! :heart:

Merit

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the translation. I like the two kids they are indeed adorable together. I may think they don't have much of a chemistry in their first lakorn together but offscreen they do have the sparks. Sometimes, it happen to the couple. Where onscreen they have zero chemistry but offsceen they are just super cute together. Maybe another lakorn where Mark plays a meanie and mint the fiesty n'ek will be better. :coverlaf:

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
^I blame the director and script for that though. (Don't get me started) It's the director's job to orchestrate and draw out the performer's chemistry. I wouldn't simplify it as solely a lack of chemistry between the actor and actress themselves. That would downplay all the efforts and creative processes involved with the production team who contribute a lot to the image that we're capable of perceiving.

Not to mention,in this context that we're discussing, attributing the lack of chemistry we see to Mark and Mint sort of distorts the meaning of the word.

Merit

sarNie Adult
^I blame the director and script for that though. (Don't get me started) It's the director's job to orchestrate and draw out the performer's chemistry. I wouldn't simplify it as solely a lack of chemistry between the actor and actress themselves. That would downplay all the efforts and creative processes involved with the production team who contribute a lot to the image that we're capable of perceiving.

Not to mention,in this context that we're discussing, attributing the lack of chemistry we see to Mark and Mint sort of distorts the meaning of the word.

From my stand point, even if the director casts the most beautiful people to play a part and does the job well in directing if the couple does not have chemistry they just don't no matter what. For example (Brad and Angelina) I never think Brad Pitt is good looking. In Mr. and Mrs. Smith those two are just off the chart. Just the look in their eyes can get a room steam up. LOL. While Angilna and Johnny Depp, I see nothing there.

I did not get a romace vibe from Mart/Mint in the lakorn instead I got a buddy feeling. When they share a scene they come across as nothing more than a friend to me and I was less than thrill. Because out of the four series I anticipated their lakorn the most. I have seen pictures of them and various clips and saw something between them but somehow it did not translate onscreen which is a shame.

I thought Mint had chemistry with First in Wanjai. I was looking forward to there scenes because I saw something in them. And First was not a good actor stiff as a board but Mint and him were believeable as a couple. IMHO...some people have it and others just don't. But I do like them. Mint has such a bubbly personality that you just want to hug her. And Mark, he does wonders to a girl's heart. :coverlaf: :coverlaf:

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
From my stand point, even if the director casts the most beautiful people to play a part and does the job well in directing if the couple does not have chemistry they just don't no matter what. For example (Brad and Angelina) I never think Brad Pitt is good looking. In Mr. and Mrs. Smith those two are just off the chart. Just the look in their eyes can get a room steam up. LOL. While Angilna and Johnny Depp, I see nothing there.
That’s not what I’m debating though. But now that you mention it, how about the same pair of actor and actress who have chemistry in one film, yet lack something similar in another film?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are you implying that the director for PLR did a superb job? And that the script was coherent enough as to adequately allow Din and Cha-aim to develop a bond that was within the viewer’s range of perceptibility? Moreover, was the editing not choppy?

I did not get a romace vibe from Mart/Mint in the lakorn instead I got a buddy feeling. When they share a scene they come across as nothing more than a friend to me and I was less than thrill. Because out of the four series I anticipated their lakorn the most. I have seen pictures of them and various clips and saw something between them but somehow it did not translate onscreen which is a shame.
Din and Cha-aim's relationship was developed with the idea of a platonic nature in mind though. There was an interview of Mint where she revealed Khun Khing's instruction about this.

But this is why I say your analogy sort of distorts the meaning of the word chemistry. You say that Mark and Mint have off-screen spark, yet you also say it couldn't be transferred on-screen. Is it really Mark and Mint, and not Din and Cha-aim who lacks the spark or chemistry? And is Mark and Mint the only ones responsible for creating the characters that they play? What is the director's job then? Also, are "chemistry" and "spark" the same thing here? I just need clarification just so I can accurately gauge your interpretation.

I thought Mint had chemistry with First in Wanjai. I was looking forward to there scenes because I saw something in them. And First was not a good actor stiff as a board but Mint and him were believeable as a couple. IMHO...some people have it and others just don't. But I do like them. Mint has such a bubbly personality that you just want to hug her. And Mark, he does wonders to a girl's heart. :coverlaf: :coverlaf:
Well, I can't totally disagree with that.

fun

Expired Sarnie
A debate about Mteam. How awesome. There was one with Ken and Ann too back in the days lol

Well I guess we need another Mteam lakorn to compare whether it is the fault of the actors or director or even both. To me, PLR had the wrong script writer, stylists, director and production team. I will stick with these until another lakorns of them comes out.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
A debate about Mteam. How awesome. There was one with Ken and Ann too back in the days lol

Well I guess we need another Mteam lakorn to compare whether it is the fault of the actors or director or even both
. To me, PLR had the wrong script writer, stylists, director and production team. I will stick with these until another lakorns of them comes out.
This is really the main point I want put across (without me being too blunt of course--just 'cuz it's fun that way :p). For the time being.

In case anyone's confused about my position or hasn't read my posts carefully, I'm not asserting that Mark and Mint holds no responsibility in portraying their characters. I'm only saying that it's an oversimplification to put the blame on them (or any other actor and actress) alone whenever we perceive a lack of "spark" or "chemistry" onscreen. Same thing applies the other way around whenever we do perceive said things. It irks me that such credit or discredit seems to be distributed so unevenly between the casts and production team (at least it seems so around these necks of the woods).

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
That’s not what I’m debating though. But now that you mention it, how about the same pair of actor and actress who have chemistry in one film, yet lack something similar in another film?
One pair come to mind - Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
Pretty Woman - great chemistry
Runaway Bride - ??

Well, some say Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had that chemistry in "Sleepless In Seattle" but not so much in "You've Got Mail". I honestly can't say coz I haven't watched SIS. I did like YGM when I watched it on TV some years back and I was okay with the pairing.

Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock
"Speed" was good, wasn't it ?
The Lake House - ??
Well, closer to home. Aum and Aff in JLR compared to Aum and Aff in "Namtan Mai" ? :hide:

Hmm ... maybe I should quote Keira Knightley again. :p

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
One pair come to mind - Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
Pretty Woman - great chemistry
Runaway Bride - ??

Well, some say Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had that chemistry in "Sleepless In Seattle" but not so much in "You've Got Mail". I honestly can't say coz I haven't watched SIS. I did like YGM when I watched it on TV some years back and I was okay with the pairing.
I haven't watched any of these, except for You've Got Mail. Am I missing out?

Hmm ... maybe I should quote Keira Knightley again. :p
Du EEEEET. :p

I like that quote. Besides, it's more insightful and creditable to hear it from someone who's actually considered a professional actress. ;)

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
Here you go. ;) (Ow, after 5 years I can still remember where to look for the articles - I admit I was so obsessed with it :D)

Q: Is there a role that you wish that you hadn't taken?
Knightley:
No, whether a film has worked or not, it's out of my hands. The only experience that I have is the actual making of it. After that, it's not mine. It's the director's, it's the editor's and then it's whether it captures the audience's imagination or not. I did a great film that came out earlier this year called The Jacket. For one reason or another it didn't capture the audience's imagination. One thing I think is cool about DVD is that you get a chance later on alone, people can realize, "that is really amazing." You've got to do the things that interest you.

Even when it wasn't my decision what I did, I've always been so grateful that somebody was offering me a part that I was excited by it. If you don't have a level of excitement about it, you can't do it.

From here : http://chud.com/arti...DICE/Page1.html

CS: You and your Mr. Darcy, Matthew McFayden, had amazing on-screen chemistry. He has said that chemistry doesn't exist, that it comes more from the acting. Do you feel the same way?
Knightley: I think that's absolutely right. It was really interesting, because I was cast before we found our Mr. Darcy, so I was in on a lot of the auditions for several other people who went up for the role and they were all fantastic. It was weird, because I love Matthew to pieces--he's completely amazing--but when we were auditioning, there were certain people that I clicked with a lot more. We had a great time. I talked with people a lot more than I talked with Matthew, but for some reason, as soon as we did the scene, it just absolutely clicked. And maybe it was styles or something to do with the way I saw Elizabeth and the way he saw Darcy just mixed together the best or whatever it was. I don't know. I think maybe I agree, but sometimes you can have great actors working together and yet something just slightly misses, so I guess if everybody has a common vision of what it is, if that's in sync, then that's what the chemistry is, not necessarily between the actual people.

*The link is not available anymore.

Heh - this reminds me.
My 4 HJHKK stuff are all over the place now. :p I really, really need to get 'em organised like what I've done with "Pride & Prejudice" ^_^

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Thanks for always contributing with bits and pieces of anecdotal evidence, mahsuri. ;) I like 'em thangz.

I especially like these parts of the quotes:

No, whether a film has worked or not, it's out of my hands. The only experience that I have is the actual making of it. After that, it's not mine. It's the director's, it's the editor's and then it's whether it captures the audience's imagination or not.
I don't know. I think maybe I agree, but sometimes you can have great actors working together and yet something just slightly misses, so I guess if everybody has a common vision of what it is, if that's in sync, then that's what the chemistry is, not necessarily between the actual people.
*The link is not available anymore.
Yeah, I think this one is gone from the internet, because I tried looking for it last month too.

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
^ Most welcome. :)

Looking for those article made me re-read other P&P articles I had compiled over the years. Some interviews with the director and the costume designer mentioned about the how they decied to give Lizzy Bennet a bit of a scruffy look etc and also they decided to let Keira Knightley's Lizzy to go gloveless at the ball to show a bit of rebellious streak in her. How I wish the production team (esp the director and the costume people) to give more thoughts on how to dress Din's character in PLR. I thought WPM got it right for Din. He was a bit casual in TH and just teeny bit dressed up in DJA but still in those three, his styles were not far off with each other. When it comes to PLR, I thought the look they gave Din did not suit the character most of the time.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I’m not adept at talking fashion :)P), but I can say ‘tis true.

Cha-aim’s wardrobe in WPM was just adorable compared to PLR. In one or more of the episodes, Din’s hairstyle was such a contrast to the other three story arcs as well. I’m tempted to capture all four just to compare them, lol.

But seriously, I can overlook these exterior and material factors if everything else in the abstract composition of PLR’s storytelling was commendable. If we’re really going to critique Din and Cha-aim’s romantic development in the lakorn, without being a biased fan and intently looking for romance, I think we’d have to be honest and admit that it’s quite hard to fathom how Din fell in love with Cha-aim in such a short time span and with such limited opportunities for them to exchange varied emotions and insights to each other’s personalities.

Some people mentioned that it was love at first sight, which I actually don’t disagree with, (because I’ve read spoilers from the novel that it was like crush at first sight for Din—I’m not so sure about Cha-aim in the novel—probably) but even in such a case, good story-telling requires that there is enough build-up to justify and confirm that it IS love. Sorry, but I don’t start falling in love with someone just because I fell into that person’s arms more than a few times. :rolleyes1: Did they run out of ideas and creativity or something? --- Wait, I’ll answer that. HELL YES THEY DID.

They should have just stuck to the original as much as possible. =3

Speaking of the original, Ethaicd has yet to deliver my novel. >_> Such inferior services—no tracking number or anything. **Butthurt~ Butthurt~Butthurt~** I could have engulfed myself in a romantic story this past winter break. T_T

But I’ve gathered a few spoilers I read from Pantip. I think they should be true.

In the novel, there’s a scene where Cha-aim is jealous of Din’s family and he tells her something like this: "Do you want to change your last name? I’ll fix it//do it for you." (Supposedly, he tends to flirt with her in a straightforward manner—so I’ve read).

There’s also a scene where Cha-aim wears a revealing dress, but Din starts feeling protective so he tells her to go change. When she doesn’t, he picks her up and carries her away.

Cha-aim also stays more than one night at the Adisuan’s home after she gets hit in the head by who I forgot. This is right after Din finds out she is Mol’s daughter. He picks her up from the hospital because no one else was there for her. (Yup, no rung, no mommy—nobody—just Din. In the novel, Cha-aim's mom is like in another province or something). But Din feels hurt that she deceived him, so he doesn’t let her see him the next day and after. But every night when she’s sleeping, he would go in to look at her and cover her with a blanket (and I think kiss her forehead IIRC)--then leaves in the morning before she wakes up. ~ Is that bittersweet or what? I <333 my dark chocolates.

LOL…I still have the fever. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe myself! I’m not supposed to be here. =O

Anyways, I did like the narrative device they used to make Din realizes he loves Cha-aim though, even if it added to the rough transition. After all, it’s cliché to use life-death situations to illuminate a character’s special feeling for another person. The scant development towards the revelation was what peeved me.

mahsuri1284

sarNie Adult
I’m not adept at talking fashion :)P), but I can say ‘tis true.

Cha-aim’s wardrobe in WPM was just adorable compared to PLR. In one or more of the episodes, Din’s hairstyle was such a contrast to the other three story arcs as well. I’m tempted to capture all four just to compare them, lol.
I'm no fashionita either :p I guess that short stint I mentioned to you before made me more aware of these details. I think it could've been the scriptwriter I used to work with who mentioned these things to me.

LOL - I've been toying with the idea myself, capturing Din's hairstyles and wardrobe in all 4 stories and compare them. As of now, I can say that I like the one he had at Fai+Jeed's wedding the best.

Some people mentioned that it was love at first sight, which I actually don’t disagree with, (because I’ve read spoilers from the novel that it was like crush at first sight for Din—I’m not so sure about Cha-aim in the novel—probably) but even in such a case, good story-telling requires that there is enough build-up to justify and confirm that it IS love. Sorry, but I don’t start falling in love with someone just because I fell into that person’s arms more than a few times. :rolleyes1: Did they run out of ideas and creativity or something? --- Wait, I’ll answer that. HELL YES THEY DID.
I'll concur that.

They should have just stuck to the original as much as possible. =3

Speaking of the original, Ethaicd has yet to deliver my novel. >_> Such inferior services—no tracking number or anything. **Butthurt~ Butthurt~Butthurt~** I could have engulfed myself in a romantic story this past winter break. T_T

But I’ve gathered a few spoilers I read from Pantip. I think they should be true.

In the novel, there’s a scene where Cha-aim is jealous of Din’s family and he tells her something like this: "Do you want to change your last name? I’ll fix it//do it for you." (Supposedly, he tends to flirt with her in a straightforward manner—so I’ve read).

There’s also a scene where Cha-aim wears a revealing dress, but Din starts feeling protective so he tells her to go change. When she doesn’t, he picks her up and carries her away.

Cha-aim also stays more than one night at the Adisuan’s home after she gets hit in the head by who I forgot. This is right after Din finds out she is Mol’s daughter. He picks her up from the hospital because no one else was there for her. (Yup, no rung, no mommy—nobody—just Din. In the novel, Cha-aim's mom is like in another province or something). But Din feels hurt that she deceived him, so he doesn’t let her see him the next day and after. But every night when she’s sleeping, he would go in to look at her and cover her with a blanket (and I think kiss her forehead IIRC)--then leaves in the morning before she wakes up. ~ Is that bittersweet or what? I <333 my dark chocolates.

LOL…I still have the fever. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe myself! I’m not supposed to be here. =O

Anyways, I did like the narrative device they used to make Din realizes he loves Cha-aim though, even if it added to the rough transition. After all, it’s cliché to use life-death situations to illuminate a character’s special feeling for another person. The scant development towards the revelation was what peeved me.
Arggh! The original materials are so promising. Yes, why didn't they just use all that ? *even reading those bits and pieces makes me hurt all over*