my dad's favorite phrase "I'm sick and tire of all this bullshit."

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
:angry: omg life sucks rite now!!!why can't i escape the nagging the yelling!!! every facken day!!! gosh I hate living at home...I hate feeling this way I hate myself for hating to live at home for hating to deal with my parents! I just HATE feeling this way and the person I am becoming! gosh man....my dad just got done lecturing me and my sister bringing up freaken stupid stories of other people's failure and poor choices and he doesn't want us to go through it. yea we get it the first time around that he cares and wants the best for us. we understand! but come on this is like the 100 million times he said this! he repeats himself he uses little mistakes we've done in the past to use against us. it just gets so annoying and i just feel like i can't live with them anymore...I just can't but lucky me I am stuck here for the next 4 years! cuz lucky me got into a college near home...LUCKY ME RITE?

gosh!!!! pulling my hair out covering my ears! I'M SICK AND TIRE OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

sorry didn't know where to let the steam out so yea feel a little better now...

karolinav89

sarNie Egg
i hate when that happen but a stead of my dad it's my mom...when she piss off at someone she attack either me or my sister we go through the same shit at u every single day...even a small crap she would yell at me or my sister...comparing us to my cousin who is worsting them me...who drink bleach over a boyfrewn who left her....i work almost 30hr to 48 hr to help around the house she still lecture me how n the future wen i get marry blah blah blah blah...i hate it...even when i'm out with my frewn i would call her n let her know where i'm at she would call 30 min later tell me i better cum home cuz she gotta go sumwhere...i'm not a minor anymore but still treated like one...sumetime i understand my mom but sumtime i don't seem like she n a whole different world

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i hate when that happen but a stead of my dad it's my mom...when she piss off at someone she attack either me or my sister we go through the same shit at u every single day...even a small crap she would yell at me or my sister...comparing us to my cousin who is worsting them me...who drink bleach over a boyfrewn who left her....i work almost 30hr to 48 hr to help around the house she still lecture me how n the future wen i get marry blah blah blah blah...i hate it...even when i'm out with my frewn i would call her n let her know where i'm at she would call 30 min later tell me i better cum home cuz she gotta go sumwhere...i'm not a minor anymore but still treated like one...sumetime i understand my mom but sumtime i don't seem like she n a whole different world
that is soo like me!!! i dont go out often and when i do i tell her like a few days ahead of time and she says its ok and when that day comes she complains i go out waay too much! around the house i wash the dishes, cook, clean the house anything you can think of and she still complains i am LAZY! i get so mad when she say i'm lazy cause i always clean and cook for her unlike my brothers who after they finish eating throws their plates in the sink for her to wash!! sometimes i dont get why parents are being too controlling, or want a PERFECT daughter. nobody in this entire world is perfect!

kulyia

RUK
Life is not perfect. But in order to reach that or your ultimate goal, your going to have to sacrifice a few things or endur some horrible moments. Just remember... Its going to get Better!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i used to hate my mom nagging at me all the time
my sisters and i moved out..
but even though her nagging and lectures make us so mad and angry
we always end up going to her when we need stuff or help
that's just how it will be.. so hang in there..
life away from your parent's home isn't that easy...

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
I think we all go through the same stuff in our daily lives with our parents. My mom yells and nag like every 30 mins or so and over stuff that don't even relate to us. At times, its a little too much because our parents don't walk in our shoes on a daily bases and they don't understand what goes on behind their close door when we step out into the world. When i was younger, i didn't understand the "why are you doing this"? and "how could you"?, but now, its a little different because im much older and a little bit wiser.

With Hmong parents, you just have to play thier game, but beat them at their own game. Don't let them get the best of you and try to control yourself in a way that will help you stay ahead of them one step always. At least your dad's line isn't so threaten...my mom's favorite and famous line for us is..."i brought you into this world so therefore, i can take you out any day with no problems to anyone". or "oh, the reason you're out so late is that you are looking for your grave so i can put you in" and her signature line is..."when you come home don't forget to pick up a stick for yourself". I know, scary huh?

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
I think we all go through the same stuff in our daily lives with our parents. My mom yells and nag like every 30 mins or so and over stuff that don't even relate to us. At times, its a little too much because our parents don't walk in our shoes on a daily bases and they don't understand what goes on behind their close door when we step out into the world. When i was younger, i didn't understand the "why are you doing this"? and "how could you"?, but now, its a little different because im much older and a little bit wiser.

With Hmong parents, you just have to play thier game, but beat them at their own game. Don't let them get the best of you and try to control yourself in a way that will help you stay ahead of them one step always. At least your dad's line isn't so threaten...my mom's favorite and famous line for us is..."i brought you into this world so therefore, i can take you out any day with no problems to anyone". or "oh, the reason you're out so late is that you are looking for your grave so i can put you in" and her signature line is..."when you come home don't forget to pick up a stick for yourself". I know, scary huh?
wow I gotta admit that is pretty scary...lol...yea I know that time will pass and the future is brighter than now but sometimes it's just too much...it's like he has so much to worry about that he doesn't know where to let it out so he lets it out on us and all his frustrations come out. it's wierd because first we'll be all cool and talking, joking, and laughing and then he gets all serious and your just like fack! this again! ugh!

all these lecture and repetitive talks is like driving all us kids further and futher away from him. I was talking with one of my sister and we both agree that instead of making us want to stay he's making us not want to live with him anymore...I know it's wrong but you just can't help but think like that...ugh life at home just sucks...my temper is just getting so bad that I myself don't even like me anymore! I feel like I'm always bad or in a bad mood! it gets annoying always thinking that if I wasn't at home there would have been more things I can do on my own and experience different things out there...

Some people say I'm so lucky to stay at home and not worry about paying the bills and saving up money or being away from my family but you know what maybe that's exactly what I need and want right to be on my own. I keep on hearing that I'm still ignorant of the real world and that I might not be ready for it but when will i be? When will I be able to experience that? when I'm like what 25? 27? 30? my dad expects me to live at home forever but I told him numerous of times that I'm going to be moving far away after I finish college at home. He always bring up that having jobs here and in another city is the same or I should major in a certain major that has work here but maybe I don't want to live here. I want to move far away! I no that I depend too much on my parents and my siblings that's why I'm so ignorant but they just don't understand that. It even gets to the point where I've thought about transfering to another college far aways from home...

Plus I still feel very lost of who I really am. of course that's a common question that almost every 19 year old asks themsleves but for some reason my dad just seems to not get it or maybe he does...IDK anymore man. When my sister lives for college it'll only be me being the eldest at home and it's going to suck! I don't even know how to drive yet! gosh need to start learning!

in the end I know my parents love me and wants to best for me. I understand where they're coming from I know that one day when I have kids I might just be in the same shoes as they are but can't they just let be breath for a bit? can't they let me go for just a bit? I don't want to be control but there's nothing I can do...Nothing!

wow it feels like I've writtien a whole book...lol...ok I'll end it here...

princess87

sarNie Egg
That's how parents are. We just have to endure it. Look on the bright side, it's better to have someone there to nag and lecture us, and care and love us than to not have one, right?

kulyia

RUK
Exactly Prince. My mom dont say those to me. Probably cause we dont live with my dad. But she still say "you go aren't you scared?" thats like all i could think of. But i dont go out much so. :p But life isnt easy. No matter where you go.

vaajblia

sarNie Egg
wow I gotta admit that is pretty scary...lol...yea I know that time will pass and the future is brighter than now but sometimes it's just too much...it's like he has so much to worry about that he doesn't know where to let it out so he lets it out on us and all his frustrations come out. it's wierd because first we'll be all cool and talking, joking, and laughing and then he gets all serious and your just like fack! this again! ugh!

all these lecture and repetitive talks is like driving all us kids further and futher away from him. I was talking with one of my sister and we both agree that instead of making us want to stay he's making us not want to live with him anymore...I know it's wrong but you just can't help but think like that...ugh life at home just sucks...my temper is just getting so bad that I myself don't even like me anymore! I feel like I'm always bad or in a bad mood! it gets annoying always thinking that if I wasn't at home there would have been more things I can do on my own and experience different things out there...

Some people say I'm so lucky to stay at home and not worry about paying the bills and saving up money or being away from my family but you know what maybe that's exactly what I need and want right to be on my own. I keep on hearing that I'm still ignorant of the real world and that I might not be ready for it but when will i be? When will I be able to experience that? when I'm like what 25? 27? 30? my dad expects me to live at home forever but I told him numerous of times that I'm going to be moving far away after I finish college at home. He always bring up that having jobs here and in another city is the same or I should major in a certain major that has work here but maybe I don't want to live here. I want to move far away! I no that I depend too much on my parents and my siblings that's why I'm so ignorant but they just don't understand that. It even gets to the point where I've thought about transfering to another college far aways from home...

Plus I still feel very lost of who I really am. of course that's a common question that almost every 19 year old asks themsleves but for some reason my dad just seems to not get it or maybe he does...IDK anymore man. When my sister lives for college it'll only be me being the eldest at home and it's going to suck! I don't even know how to drive yet! gosh need to start learning!

in the end I know my parents love me and wants to best for me. I understand where they're coming from I know that one day when I have kids I might just be in the same shoes as they are but can't they just let be breath for a bit? can't they let me go for just a bit? I don't want to be control but there's nothing I can do...Nothing!

wow it feels like I've writtien a whole book...lol...ok I'll end it here...

hey, i know how you feel. i used to feel the same way as you. my family was getting on my nerves especially my parents always nagging and lecturing...and i always felt like i wanted lots of space, be alittle free, do stuff i want and even live by myself so i can have my own rules. but girl, trust me it is not so great. it took me a long time to understand, right now you might think you understand that they love you thats why they nag and lecture you but wait til you are older. you will really really understand, it is just like you finnally open those eyes. lol.. trust me!! i know!! i always think my parent is so strict and this and that but now that i decied to have my own life i realize that i should of just listen because they are just trying and trying to prevent bad things from you. they are so scared that you will make mistake and they want to prevent it from happening. they love you so much that they don't want you to have any mistake/regrets in life. just endure everything and definitely do not rush yourself from growing up. enjoy the time with your parents, they love you! once you are older or when you get married trust me it is a different thing. it will not be the same when you are younger. i know because i made some mistake in life like get married right after high school. i thought i was ready to grow up and have my own life but boy was i wrong. life is so hard. i wish i would of listen and stayed with my parents and have them always there when i need them even tho they do nag and lecture before they really give you a helping hand but it is still sooo good. so much wrong my sibling and i did that upset my parents even now they don't even say anything anymore. even if we did bad things they are so tired of lecturing and nagging. because they notice that the more they do it the more it seem like we hate them and don't want to listen. but truthfully all those nagging and lecturing is for your own good!! it will take time...as you grow older to understand.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Well,
first of all you guys must understand that our parents are not meeka parents.
They have different values and they were brought up very differently.
so they don't know how to raise us new generations the way that is fit for this new country.
They are trying to raise us the way they were raised in Laos/Thailand which is not fit for the US, and that's when ideas start to clash and harmful words start to get exchanged..

So let it cool down and realize that your parents have their reasons too, and you dont' always have to talk back to get your point through.

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
hey, i know how you feel. i used to feel the same way as you. my family was getting on my nerves especially my parents always nagging and lecturing...and i always felt like i wanted lots of space, be alittle free, do stuff i want and even live by myself so i can have my own rules. but girl, trust me it is not so great. it took me a long time to understand, right now you might think you understand that they love you thats why they nag and lecture you but wait til you are older. you will really really understand, it is just like you finnally open those eyes. lol.. trust me!! i know!! i always think my parent is so strict and this and that but now that i decied to have my own life i realize that i should of just listen because they are just trying and trying to prevent bad things from you. they are so scared that you will make mistake and they want to prevent it from happening. they love you so much that they don't want you to have any mistake/regrets in life. just endure everything and definitely do not rush yourself from growing up. enjoy the time with your parents, they love you! once you are older or when you get married trust me it is a different thing. it will not be the same when you are younger. i know because i made some mistake in life like get married right after high school. i thought i was ready to grow up and have my own life but boy was i wrong. life is so hard. i wish i would of listen and stayed with my parents and have them always there when i need them even tho they do nag and lecture before they really give you a helping hand but it is still sooo good. so much wrong my sibling and i did that upset my parents even now they don't even say anything anymore. even if we did bad things they are so tired of lecturing and nagging. because they notice that the more they do it the more it seem like we hate them and don't want to listen. but truthfully all those nagging and lecturing is for your own good!! it will take time...as you grow older to understand.
yea I understand what you mean but sometimes it just gets to a point where I'm asking like "do you really want me to do bad things?" lol come on I consider myself a good girl man. I don't do drugs, go out, talk back to my parents or argue with them. I just sit there and let them talk and nag and lecture about the same things over and over again. I know they love me and care for me. Of course I know that and that their trying to shield and guide me to not make any mistakes but when you think about it is it really helping me and preparing me for the future? For your situation you got married early but I don't plan on getting marry until when I'm financilly ready and capable care of myself...I just want to be set free a little and not stuck here. I can't help but feel lonely and left out. There are times when things are ok and fine and living at home is not a problem but like I said before it's throughs times that when you say something wrong it sets my parents off. It's like you sitting at a little corner being very careful of the things you say or else you're going to get an earfull of things that's already been said before...

even when I don't do anything wrong I have to listen to my dad lecture...it's just annoying and like I said I'm hating the person that I'm becoming...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
:angry: omg life sucks rite now!!!why can't i escape the nagging the yelling!!! every facken day!!! gosh I hate living at home...I hate feeling this way I hate myself for hating to live at home for hating to deal with my parents! I just HATE feeling this way and the person I am becoming! gosh man....my dad just got done lecturing me and my sister bringing up freaken stupid stories of other people's failure and poor choices and he doesn't want us to go through it. yea we get it the first time around that he cares and wants the best for us. we understand! but come on this is like the 100 million times he said this! he repeats himself he uses little mistakes we've done in the past to use against us. it just gets so annoying and i just feel like i can't live with them anymore...I just can't but lucky me I am stuck here for the next 4 years! cuz lucky me got into a college near home...LUCKY ME RITE?

gosh!!!! pulling my hair out covering my ears! I'M SICK AND TIRE OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

sorry didn't know where to let the steam out so yea feel a little better now...

parents will be parents.

and they will repeat themselves as long as they live. LOLS
my parents are like ur parents too or shall i say like most hmong parents. hehe

but now i am living on my own. i love it! but i miss living with my parents too.
because i have a stack of bills!!! sure, i enjoy the freedom im getting right now.
going out and coming home late. i have no one to tell me what to do.
but you got lots of responsibility. so its better living with your parents even if they nag a little on
you. cuz you dont have much to worry if u have money for rent, food and utilities and etc.. heheee

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
well it's becoming mine now too...lmao!....i hate my life....its full of miseries and shit....lucky cuz im not just the one.... :D
i love my sarn world becuz its my home....better than living in my real home. =D

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
wow I haven't been here for a while. Things are still the same I guess...at least we all know we have something in common

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I have to agree with ddawbb that our parents are traditional and they still use the old way to rais us and with princess that it is better to have someone there to nag than none...Try to understand your parent situation too not just yours. Our parent didn't know how to express their love and caring like the American parent in the soft and gentle way...they only know to how yell and lecture us if they care...and when they don't care about you anymore then they will not say a word to you...My father used to be very strict on me too...but I prove to him that I can take care of myself no matter where and when I go and who I with plus I never lied to my parent...I keep my word...and whenever I talk to them I talk with reason especially if they disagree with me. Now I can go anywhere...I travel a lot by myself and sometime with friends...I can go out of the country by myself...sometime my mother wouldn't let me, but my father would step in and help me...build your trust with your parent.

Parents are the people that care most about us than anyone in the world. They care and love us without expect love back like others. They can always forgive our wrong doing even they keep bring back...but actually inside they care about us more and didn't want us to get hurt again...when we are hurt they hurt twice more than us...when you really love someone with all your heart and care about that person very much you will understand how much your parent love and care about you, just that they express in a different way then we do...

Anyhow this is my opinion, it might be different than many of yours because I feel my parent is the most lovable parent and I am blessed to be born to be their daughter. I hope you good luck and your family happiness.