memoris of a Geisha

cecilia

Staff member
somebody have this in clubbox..if you guys want..you can download it from
naynay's clubbox..she have it up..:)

Rakniran

They should had Chiaki Kuriyama play the leading actress role.Shes Japanese and shes so hot.HOT HOT...I want her.

arissa

sarNie Elites
I read the book...but havent seen the actual movie just yet.....does someone have it uploaded?????? I really want o see it

darvil

sarNie Adult
I am one of the people who watched the movie and was intrigued enough to read the book itself. I've always been facinated by Japanese culture yet this is one area which I'm sorely lacking. Anyway it was a really well written book. Highly recommend it!

With me being a fan of Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh (been a Yeoh fan for years), I had no problem with them acting the Japanese roles. Its a sacrifice we as Asians have to do because remember that LESS people will watch it if they had hired some unknown Japanese actresses. With us trying to take over America, our first priority is to spread the message out first :p The understanding part can come later.

BTW anyone else in here got impressed by that dancing scene? The one where she slowly comes out and then it got real intense with the fake snow falling. I was totally enamored after seeing that!

Nameless

N i n j a
Darvil said:
BTW anyone else in here got impressed by that dancing scene? The one where she slowly comes out and then it got real intense with the fake snow falling. I was totally enamored after seeing that!
[post="77926"][/post]​
I bet you want to learn to dance like that.

Yeah, I thought Zhang Zhiyi pulled it off gracefully.

The movie was sort of 'Eh'. I enjoyed the book better.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Nameless said:
I bet you want to learn to dance like that.

Yeah, I thought Zhang Zhiyi pulled it off gracefully.

The movie was sort of 'Eh'. I enjoyed the book better.
[post="77962"][/post]​
Naw I don't.. but I sure would like it if my special someone does it for me :p

The movie was good IMHO. You know they try to be really faithful to the book (like that line she said to him for example). But obviously it can't all work.

this a really beautifull movie and show the human conditions in this culture but what i don't understand it's the fact that the geisha sell her body but i khnow that she used to sell only her arts no her body?
So strange...

Kina

Dubsteppin'
i agree with those who say that it's no big deal that the 3 chinese actresses played a jap. role. if u guys pay attention to other "ethnic" movies, the main actors are almost never that ethnicity.

there's a movie that came out in the 80's called "good morning vietnam" or something like that, i cant really remember the title, but they had Mam Jintara play a vietnamese girl.

in the movie "ana and the king"..the newest version..chao yun fat played the king. many others weren't thai at all.

it's just about choosing well-known actors that americans are most likely familiar with. it wouldn't have been a huge hit if they werent familiar with the actors.

it has nothing to do with choosing japanese people only - it's all about making money in the box office and entertainment business - and this is the safest and nicest way for asian actors/actresses to slowly step into the american scene.

the 3 chinese women did great in that movie. it's all about the ACTING and depiction, people. not about ethnicity in the entertainment business.

chibichaos

sarNie Egg
i loved the movie ziyi zhang is preety with blues eyes but she
had problems with contacts her eyes used get puffy!!
but i loved the movie so much it was really intresting.
i read the book also..!! the kid with the blue eys at the
begining was so cute!!! nd michelle yeoh was so kewl with the
fans u knw throwing them bout!! it was really beautiful the film!!
loved it! ^_^ :D :wub: