[MBC] Cunning Single Lady

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Haha I did too! I started liking him, so I searched his old dramas, but nothing captured my attention. He looks best with LMJ to be honest. 

fun

Expired Sarnie

i hope the link works. im on my phone.

haha yeah ar is not a noble idiot! so they went ec style with drunk sex haha

i find the teddy bear uber cute! like covering the bear's mouth will stop the audio recording of jw lol

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Okay, honestly, I wasn't as excited before, but after watching that trailer I'm a little excited. Haha. It's funny how much parallel this drama and EC has. I actually don't mind. I like their different takes.

AR and JW in one bed...yipee!

fun

Expired Sarnie
this morning i woke up and saw the news on my fb, i knew there was not going to be a new episode of csl. it is such a tragic event, my prayers goes out to those who lost a love one.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
ikr it's so sad, rip to all those innocent souls :/  
all the comebacks, varieties and dramas are postponed. 

I actually watched Thorn Birds, it was a good melo, i mean if you like crazy and messed up plots only lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
im praying that the death toll remains at 10. the latest news broke my heart. there are students who are still stuck inside the ferry texting their family.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
im praying that the death toll remains at 10. the latest news broke my heart. there are students who are still stuck inside the ferry texting their family.
Are you serious?! So they're still alive??? Oh God I hope they get rescued!

fun

Expired Sarnie
the death toll just went up.

anyways they canceled again but im not distress over it.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
fun said:
i went to search sang wook to look for his other works but none of it interest me. i heard thorn bird is good but when i read the synposis i was like hell no, i aint gonna watch it. i wanted to watch good doctor but after finishing bridal mask and king baker, i grew a hatred for joo won lol i avoid his drama at all cost and what gets me is that he has high ratings for all his drama he starred in.

i wont be able to watch this upcoming episodes and sadly its the last week as well. so depress now that i dont have a comedy drama to fight with all these depressing drama that is out. im taking two. ays off to run errands for people. im just so angry at the world. i love my gparents but i am not the only person in out of 50 of us who speaks english.
Thord Bird didn't interest me either when it aired, but of the dramas he's been in I've seen Good Doctor, Feast of the Gods. Ten 1 and 2, One Mom and Three Dads, Paradise Ranch (1 episode), and My Princess. He's so cold and smart in Ten. It's a cable procedural, so it's a little different from the normal kdrama, but since I'm a fan of police procedural, I liked it. They had some interesting cases. To be honest, I only watched one episode of Paradise Ranch, so I guess I can't really consider it as having watched it, but it's also about a divorced couple who meets again after 6 years. However, he plays the second lead in that one. I would say DON'T WATCH Feast of the Gods. I hate that drama. It started out with so much potential. JSW was supposed to play the lead, but there were so many fans of the second lead that the writer switched the lead over to him and JSW's screentime just became less and less until he barely showed up once in every episode for less than 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong. I like the second lead and also thought he and the female lead had a lot of chemistry, but I was rooting for JSW. I think that change made the storyline change, so I thought it became a disaster in terms of trying to tie in themes and scenes. Good Doctor was good if you're into doctor shows. I hated Joo Won in Baker King, but I liked him in Bridal Mask (well, perhaps not in the beginning - I hated him then). JW was good at portraying an autistic genius. JSW was like the lead who wasn't the lead. I'd say CSL is JSW's most mainstream and interesting drama.

My heart goes out to all the passengers on the ferry. What a scary ordeal - for everyone on the ferry and their families. I pray that everyone gets rescued and that the death toll stops at its current number.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
lenlin said:
Thord Bird didn't interest me either when it aired, but of the dramas he's been in I've seen Good Doctor, Feast of the Gods. Ten 1 and 2, One Mom and Three Dads, Paradise Ranch (1 episode), and My Princess. He's so cold and smart in Ten. It's a cable procedural, so it's a little different from the normal kdrama, but since I'm a fan of police procedural, I liked it. They had some interesting cases. To be honest, I only watched one episode of Paradise Ranch, so I guess I can't really consider it as having watched it, but it's also about a divorced couple who meets again after 6 years. However, he plays the second lead in that one. I would say DON'T WATCH Feast of the Gods. I hate that drama. It started out with so much potential. JSW was supposed to play the lead, but there were so many fans of the second lead that the writer switched the lead over to him and JSW's screentime just became less and less until he barely showed up once in every episode for less than 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong. I like the second lead and also thought he and the female lead had a lot of chemistry, but I was rooting for JSW. I think that change made the storyline change, so I thought it became a disaster in terms of trying to tie in themes and scenes. Good Doctor was good if you're into doctor shows. I hated Joo Won in Baker King, but I liked him in Bridal Mask (well, perhaps not in the beginning - I hated him then). JW was good at portraying an autistic genius. JSW was like the lead who wasn't the lead. I'd say CSL is JSW's most mainstream and interesting drama.

My heart goes out to all the passengers on the ferry. What a scary ordeal - for everyone on the ferry and their families. I pray that everyone gets rescued and that the death toll stops at its current number.
Hmmm...I thought about watching that one because I'm a fan of Lee Sang Woo too. Should I or not? Hehe. So does LSW get SYR in the end?? You can just spill it for me. Haha.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
phatman said:
Hmmm...I thought about watching that one because I'm a fan of Lee Sang Woo too. Should I or not? Hehe. So does LSW get SYR in the end?? You can just spill it for me. Haha.
Well...

Yes, LSW does end up with SYR if you can call it that (you'll know what I mean if you see the end).

Personally, I would say stay away from it. I don't know why I love food/cooking dramas but I do, so I always check those dramas out whether or not the storyline sounds interesting. FOTG started out pretty good. SYR falls into the ocean one night while she and her family were on a cruise, and due to the strong currents, the search crews weren't able to find her, so her mom, unable to accept it, starts going crazy. At the same time, there's another little girl who's the same age as SYR (4, I think) who just recently became orphaned because her mom died on the same ship (she was attempting to commit suicide by jumping off the ship because she was dying of cancer but when she saw young SYR about to fall off, she tried to save her and failed). With their own daughter presumed dead, SYR's father "adopts" the newly orphaned girl and has her pretend to be their daughter. His wife is so crazy that she believes it and starts getting better (while still thinking that little girl is their daughter). Meanwhile, SYR gets saved by another [childless] couple and they end up raising her. Like all "switched" stories, SYR ends up going to Seoul (mostly because she had a crush on JSW, but there were other factors, too), and that's where she runs into her real family (obviously without knowing they're her real family), and due to her natural skills in cooking, she's taken in as an apprentice, which doesn't sit too well with the fake daughter because she's worked hard to get where she is, but for SYR, it just comes naturally to her. So basically the point of the whole story is to see who inherits the famous restaurant, which pits SYR and the fake daughter against each other in various cooking competitions, while they also fight for approval and love from their family.

The storyline isn't anything out of the norm, but it's interesting enough to keep you invested. It starts out great, which lulls you into a false sense of security that the drama will be a good one, but little by little, the threads of the story start unraveling and by the end, you wish you had never watched it. The only good thing is LSW finally gets a chance to be the main lead (even if he wasn't supposed to be the lead initially), but I still can't help but regret the loss of JSW's role. Some people found him not very compelling in the beginning, and I do agree that his role was unnecessary. For example, LSW's mother is rivals with SYR's mother, so normally, that would make LSW the hero or the villain. JSW's grandmother presently owns the restaurant and I believe she taught LSW's mother and SYR's mother, but unlike LSW who knows how to cook, JSW is either a lawyer or something (something related to the food industry but not exactly in the middle of it), so his scenes seem forced. Aside from his personal relationship to the characters, there's almost no point in him being in the drama, so for a character that was supposed to be the lead, the writer did a bad job of tying him in. It's no wonder she switched over to LSW whose character seemed more integral.

The bottom line is, watch it for LSW if you're a fan of his, but I guarantee you, you'll regret it in the end. The fake daughter did so many horrible things, but by the end, it was like it didn't matter. There was no satisfying anything in the drama because it seemed like the writer stopped caring about her leads, so SYR never really got justice for all the bad things she experienced and was put through, and even after they found out the truth,
the mom, even though she liked SYR and got along great with her, once she found out, she admitted she felt closer to the adopted/fake daughter because of all the years she spent raising her, so while she kind of liked SYR, she slightly favored the fake daughter more, so this great reunion you were expecting falls flat.

I wasn't expecting the mother to vilify and throw the fake daughter out or anything, but she did so many terrible things that I just couldn't forgive her, and yet, I'm supposed to by the end. And then there's... Argh, the point is, it's just bad writing all around, so if you're the type that can live with a drama that had potential, go for it. I can watch almost anything, even boring movies/dramas, but I can't stand storylines that become a mess by the end. *coughs*Koom Nang Kruan*coughs*

fun

Expired Sarnie
i guess to make time fly by, we can discuss sang wook's previous dramas. i probably wont go back to watch his other projects but im definitely looking out for his future dramas. i just hope he will star in with an actress i like or at least i can tolerate.

i cant do switch identies type of drama where the other torment the leading lady. most time the turn out is just all bad. coughmark&mintdebutlakorncough

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hmm....thanks for your detailed summary. I'm actually into identity swap dramas. However from your explanation I think I'll probably punch someone by the end of the drama if I do end up watching it. Haha. I don't do well with screwed up stories. *cough* Paab Ataan *cough* I just wanted to be part of the game, that's all. HAHA.

I probably won't watch it then, BUT if one day there's absolutely nothing to watch I'll give it a go. Hehe. Thanks again!! I appreciate it mucho mas!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
i guess to make time fly by, we can discuss sang wook's previous dramas. i probably wont go back to watch his other projects but im definitely looking out for his future dramas. i just hope he will star in with an actress i like or at least i can tolerate.

i cant do switch identies type of drama where the other torment the leading lady. most time the turn out is just all bad. coughmark&mintdebutlakorncough
Yeah, I've become quite fond of him. It's funny that both EC and this drama introduced me to two actors I've never seen before.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
Just heard that all the Wed-thur dramas are going to air this week. This means we will finally get to watch the finales, yippie!

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
That's great news to hear. I'm still saddened by the tragedy of the ferry, but I'll be glad to finish up the drama.

fun said:

Same here. I hope he has more dramas in the future. I'm not that picky on the actress. It's the storyline that usually draws me in, so hopefully he picks interesting projects in the future that I'd want to tune in to.

I completely agree with you about switched identity dramas where the other one torments the leading lady. In FOTG, the fake daughter doesn't exactly beat up and harass the leading lady like you'd see in a lakorn, but framing her for things she didn't do is right up there. Personally, I do enjoy switched identity dramas on occasion - but only if they're done well (which they rarely ever are).

phatman said:
Hmm....thanks for your detailed summary. I'm actually into identity swap dramas. However from your explanation I think I'll probably punch someone by the end of the drama if I do end up watching it. Haha. I don't do well with screwed up stories. *cough* Paab Ataan *cough* I just wanted to be part of the game, that's all. HAHA.

I probably won't watch it then, BUT if one day there's absolutely nothing to watch I'll give it a go. Hehe. Thanks again!! I appreciate it mucho mas!
I second your thoughts on PA. OMG, the wasted hours of watching that lakorn. If that was supposed to make up for Dok Soke, I'd say they failed big time. I never even knew why Pratt married Orn (are those their names?), and they never fleshed them out either even though they're supposedly the leads. They practically had no back story, so you don't even get why they did what they did. Pratt was given more background detail than Orn, but even then, I didn't understand some of his motives. Why did he marry Orn even though he promised to stay true to Prayong? Was it because he felt betrayed by Prayong's refusal to go with him and suffer hardship while he made a name for himself? Was it because Orn saved his life somehow, so he married her out of gratitude or any of those various reasons for political marriages? Or was it because he fell in love with Orn? If so, then why did he sleep with Kade, Orn's personal maid? Ack, I'll just stop talking about it because it just makes me mad all over again when I think of that lakorn. So many unanswered questions.

The ending of FOTG wasn't so terrible that you'd want to punch anyone, but you'd be disappointed - at least a lot of fans were just because the writer put in stupid plot devices at the end, I guess.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
lenlin said:
That's great news to hear. I'm still saddened by the tragedy of the ferry, but I'll be glad to finish up the drama.

Same here. I hope he has more dramas in the future. I'm not that picky on the actress. It's the storyline that usually draws me in, so hopefully he picks interesting projects in the future that I'd want to tune in to.

I completely agree with you about switched identity dramas where the other one torments the leading lady. In FOTG, the fake daughter doesn't exactly beat up and harass the leading lady like you'd see in a lakorn, but framing her for things she didn't do is right up there. Personally, I do enjoy switched identity dramas on occasion - but only if they're done well (which they rarely ever are).

I second your thoughts on PA. OMG, the wasted hours of watching that lakorn. If that was supposed to make up for Dok Soke, I'd say they failed big time. I never even knew why Pratt married Orn (are those their names?), and they never fleshed them out either even though they're supposedly the leads. They practically had no back story, so you don't even get why they did what they did. Pratt was given more background detail than Orn, but even then, I didn't understand some of his motives. Why did he marry Orn even though he promised to stay true to Prayong? Was it because he felt betrayed by Prayong's refusal to go with him and suffer hardship while he made a name for himself? Was it because Orn saved his life somehow, so he married her out of gratitude or any of those various reasons for political marriages? Or was it because he fell in love with Orn? If so, then why did he sleep with Kade, Orn's personal maid? Ack, I'll just stop talking about it because it just makes me mad all over again when I think of that lakorn. So many unanswered questions.

The ending of FOTG wasn't so terrible that you'd want to punch anyone, but you'd be disappointed - at least a lot of fans were just because the writer put in stupid plot devices at the end, I guess.

OMG, I totally lost all interest in PA after 3-4 episodes? Can't remember. It was ridiculous! I watched it mainly for Guy and Aom, and Guy had like 3 mins each episode (sorry exaggerated a little, but still). Urgh. And Aom's long awaited comeback was....sadly wasted. I hope she does more!! I HOPE, HOPE!

HAHA. It's not that bad?? Alright, we'll see how things go. 

Have you guys watched episode 15 yet? I watched JW and AR's cute scenes only. Gawsh, I thought EC writers were teasers, but CSL writers are even worse! Haha. 

Reactions: fun

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Time has kind of dulled the memories of FOTG. All that remains is the feeling that I wouldn't go back and re-watch that drama and that I had been disappointed with it. The feeling of "wanting to punch" something or someone is reserved for more recent dramas that are more fresh in my mind - such as Her Legend, to name one. Now that drama's ending was a major cop-out.

fun

Expired Sarnie
This has yet to fail me. I love JW and AR! This is the first time a leading lady spills the bean of her noble idiocy plan. Phatman they sure love to tease. I just hate that just because LMJ is married, she doesn't do lip locking scenes!!! 

AR is JW's life. I watched the entire episode 15 like this  :hide:  :spin:  :coverlaf:  :lmao3: I wonder if they will be using that teddy bear as a merchandise, of course it has to come with Sang Wook's voice.