[Mainland] Siege in Fog (2017)

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I've watched enough Chinese drama with tragic endings aka Cruel Romance, and it makes me mad every time. lol Like dang, can't they just have their happy ending? I seriously can't wait to see this. Hopefully they'll release the postpone air date soon.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Cruel Romance is also the title for a Chinese drama but unlike its title, it has happy ending for main couple :).

roselovesice

Haha! Why did I think it was Cruel Romance? It wasn't CR. It was another drama. Crap, I can't remember what Chinese drama it was. He got shot and died at the end after he saved her. Another one is Princess Weiyoung, though the timeline is different from the 1940's it was still pretty tragic. Like, (spoiler alert) why did he have to die at the end after 54 episodes? That was heartbreaking. lol

Ms.Zoe

Oh okay lol, I haven't watched Princess Weiyoung & now that I know the ending, maybe I will not watch it lol. On the drama you forgot the name, I have no clue lol @roselovesice.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Rat. I heard it's...a bad ending .

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Yeah my sister said the same thing that CHinese dramas (historical) always have sad endings. It's too bad they do

roselovesice

Oh okay lol, I haven't watched Princess Weiyoung & now that I know the ending, maybe I will not watch it lol. On the drama you forgot the name, I have no clue lol @roselovesice.
Haha sorry that I spoiled the ending for you for Princess Weiyoung. I didn't watch it, only the ending but my sister's boyfriend said it was pretty good. I liked Tiffany Tang's outfit in there. It's so pretty.

I found someone who was translating the novel for this drama a few weeks ago. She only got through the first chapter. Hopefully she picks up the novel soon.
https://tranzgeek.wordpress.com/siege-in-fog/

Ms.Zoe

That is alright, it is 54 eps so a big possibility that I wouldn't watch it even if I don't know the ending LOL.

Thanks for posting the link. I knew about it but forgot about it since the translator translated so far only 1st chapter & maybe the prologue too (I think) :).

Haha sorry that I spoiled the ending for you for Princess Weiyoung. I didn't watch it, only the ending but my sister's boyfriend said it was pretty good. I liked Tiffany Tang's outfit in there. It's so pretty.

I found someone who was translating the novel for this drama a few weeks ago. She only got through the first chapter. Hopefully she picks up the novel soon.

sarN

sarNie Granny
The feelings when you invest in a Chinese series 30 + eps. for weeks , months, only to have a bad ending . :BangHead:

Ms.Zoe

I wonder how many episodes does SiF have, few or many I still will watch it for the intense love the 3rd brother Lian Kai has for Qin Sang :p.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
The thing I hate about Chinese historical dramas is that they don't focus on the Chinese main leads after they find that they love each other. For example Princess Wei young like they main pairs where separated for 30 something episodes out 54 because of misunderstandings and sad tales. Blah blah blah. I just had to watch till episode 30-40ish and stop because I was starting to hate it the hype wasn't there anymore.

For this one, I see that the main leads are together but it feels like they are going to focus it elsewhere as well because we have so many other characters. It's gonna ruin everything if they do this. They better make justice for the trailer cus the trailer looks lit!!!

tweedaly

sarNie Rebel
I came across the trailer on youtube and gladly I found a thread for it here. It looks so intense from the trailer, I hope it's not a sad ending though.

Last edited:

roselovesice

I can across the trailer on youtube and gladly I found a thread for it here. It looks so intense from the trailer, I hope it's not a sad ending though.
I don't know if you want to get spoiled but I'll let you know that it is...
NOT a happy ending. Apparently there's a sequel where either the main pra'ake or nang'ake finds their true love after everything that has happened. I'm quite sadden about it. It breaks my heart just knowing that it's not a happy ending.

And thank you Ms.Zoe!!! Just 2 more weeks! Ahhh!!! I'm so excited!!! :D

Ms.Zoe

NOT a happy ending. Apparently there's a sequel where either the main pra'ake or nang'ake finds their true love after everything that has happened. I'm quite sadden about it. It breaks my heart just knowing that it's not a happy ending.

And thank you Ms.Zoe!!! Just 2 more weeks! Ahhh!!! I'm so excited!!! :D
Where did you get this info from? I want to know :).

P'SweetXin

sarNie Hatchling
OMG! I hope they change the ending then lol. XD Most of the time, dramas would change the script lines of books.

roselovesice

Where did you get this info from? I want to know :).
The person that has been translating the novel told us the ending since people were asking.
It's in the comment section, don't remember which chapter(s), where she mentions it. :)

OMG! I hope they change the ending then lol. XD Most of the time, dramas would change the script lines of books.
Same! I really hope they change the ending too, but I have little hope. This type of historical drama always never have a happy ending, which sucks big time. It doesn't help that the author of the book rarely writes happy ending books. :(