Mab Vaj

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
do you guys know who mab vaj is?

well.. supposely.. people say that she is trying to act and be like maiv xyooj...

do you guys think so?

i have seen her music videos and heard her songs.... they just sing alike.. but i don't reallie think she's trying to BE maiv xyooj...

you know how hmong people think.... "oh.. she's trying to copy her.." jealousy is what it all comes down to..

look at american entertainment... a lot of their singers do the same thing....

well.. this is her.... she looks hella tall in her music videos... haha....

and here is a comparison to maiv xyooj...

poopympang

sarNie Hatchling
i have no clue who she is... the only hmong girl i know is Maiv Xyooj.. but maiv xyooj is good.. she is pretty too..

bugsy

sarNie Adult
ooooh....herr!!!! Omg....she annoys me...no offense to any of her fans. I mean...her voice is alright and all....its just....something in her voice....its annoying. Anyways....I think Mai Xyooj is a wayy better singer even if they're being compared to each other.

calla

sarNie Adult
well....i agree that her sound like Mai Xiong, but i don't think she's trying to be like her.
i have her 1st MV....i think she's cool. :D

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
never heard of her..but dang! she got that post and the CD cover font and everything!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
not necessarily copy cat of maiv xyooj.. but i do think they just sing similar... and a CD cover? come on... your producer makes it for you most of the time..

and i'm not comparing mab vaj and maiv xyooj because i think one is better than the other.. but becuase i hear a lot of people complaining that mab vaj is a copy cat of maiv xyooj... i just wanted to know what you guys think...

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i personally think tht maiv xyooj has a better voice except she got to work on the "taking a breath" part... if you listen to her singing you could hear her take a breath in between! it gets so annoying! but mab vaj does kinda sound like maiv...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
that's true... i notice that a lot.. it just seems like it becomes part of her music.. ahhaha...

maiv neeb thoj.. damn.. when she sings.. i don't hear her taking a breath at all... she's good... but you can tell that they adjust her voice...

i have a CD that is from another production that sponsored her... and she don't even sound like that... =D but it's all good tho...

cecilia

Staff member
hahha..my dad love MAI XYOOJ's music..but i'm not sure if he heard of this girl yet..

PassionFruit

sarNie Egg
nkaujhmooblauj said:
maiv neeb thoj.. damn.. when she sings.. i don't hear her taking a breath at all... she's good... but you can tell that they adjust her voice...

i have a CD that is from another production that sponsored her... and she don't even sound like that... =D but it's all good tho...
[post="156462"][/post]​
Do you really think people can sing without taking a breath in between? Those that you don't hear the breath is because they edited out the breath not because they are so good that you don't hear it. Listen to the professional singers...they all take a breath in between and you can hear their breath.

"If there's no breath, there's no life"

I personally hate listening to songs that the breath had been edited out because it doesn't sound natural. Sounds like the singer sings the whole song with one breath.... makes me txog txog siav...

Listen again and tell me about it.

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
Just my opinion, but Maiv Xyooj has a way better voice. I heard Mab Vaj's "Nkauj Hmoob Meslikas tseem tos" song that ist he female version of Tub Muaj Koob's "Koj nyob qhov twg" and hated it.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
PassionFruit said:
Do you really think people can sing without taking a breath in between? Those that you don't hear the breath is because they edited out the breath not because they are so good that you don't hear it. Listen to the professional singers...they all take a breath in between and you can hear their breath.

I personally hate listening to songs that the breath had been edited out because it doesn't sound natural. Sounds like the singer sings the whole song with one breath.... makes me txog txog siav...

[post="156506"][/post]​

well.. duh.. i never said that she sings with one breath.. if you carefully read my post. you should have read that i said.. "but you can tell that they adjust her voice..."

anywaise.. there are a lot of singers out there whose voices are adjusted and edited.. which to me... i'd hate because then it's not them anymore...

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
PassionFruit said:

[post="156506"][/post]​

I think some people can really sing without the breath...like Dan D2B...I don't hear him breathe in between...but I hear Beam D2B breathe in between all the time...and yes some pro singers we do hear the breathing...sometimes it gets annoying but it's natural...
I don't think they should edit out the breathing thing or whatever they're doing cause they can't do that at concerts and stuff...oh well...