Love is Just a Game [Ch. 31 END] 11/06

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
yes.. they are getting married... hahaha... even though he can't remember still, but at least he's responsible.. hope nothing will make the wedding plan fail..

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER 27

It’s been more than a month since I left the hospital. It’s been more than a month since Chakrit asked me to marry him.

What an astonishing question. That was the best day of my life, if I could or have to, I would be in a coma for ages for him

to say that to me. But, he did, thank God. I’m so happy, I feel as if I am the luckiest person in the world. Not only am I with the

most famous guy in Bangkok, not only am I with the hottest guy in Bangkok, but I’m with the one I truly love. If he wasn’t popular,

rich, or hot, I would still be with him non-the less. Because I love them so much that all senses run out of me as if chased by dogs.

I loved him, so much that I could give up everything for him.

Nattra already knows about Chakrit’s position as her father. We told her the very next day after I left the hospital.

She took it pretty well, thank goodness. I can’t imagine the concequences if she didn’t like Chakrit, or refused to let him be her father.

But, I guess that’s what you call blood-related; you get a long no matter what. Anyone that walks by can see the obvious bond between

the father and daughter. You have no idea how happy that makes me to be able to be a…Family.

Anyways, Chakrit and I have agreed upon the fact that we won’t rush the wedding date. Since we might need some time to adjust to

our new life, or um… adjust to each other. You can’t blame us; we haven’t been together for the past 5 years. He didn’t remember me and

I tried to not remember him. It didn’t work for me since I did not get into an accident and I love him too much to forget him just by pure greed.

The sad thing is that Chakrit still have memories from the past. Nothing, zilch, nada.

But I won’t let that bring my mood down. As long as he is happy, Nattra is happy, and I’m with them to take care of them, I will be fine.

That’s what I kept on telling myself…

That I will be fine…

But, if I knew what would happen, I wouldn’t have thought that…

Instead…

I really don’t know. I’m quite confused these days. Sometimes I have this ripping headache that makes me feel

as if I were being torn apart. As long as I become calm, then everything will be okay. But you have no idea how much it

takes to become calm. Almost everything. It’s become worse now, it used to be once a month, but I wouldn’t surprise now if I

had it twice a week. If this headache ever occurred when Nattra and Chakrit are around, I would usually run to the bathroom and turn the

cold water way up and stand below it so that the freezing water can ease the pain. But I know they are noticing something weird is happening

to me. Or else, why would someone run to the bathroom and come out tired, wet, and nauseous?

I probably should tell you guys this, Nattra and I have already moved in with Chakrit. Isn’t that great? We have moved into his new

mansion that he especially prepared for our family. He is so sweet. Currently, Chakrit and I are still sleeping in separate room. That is until the wedding!

Okay, back on topic. I’ve already been to the doctor’s. They didn’t say it was a serious problem; so they gave me some

simple drugs too cool the headache off. But, I don’t think it’s helping. I didn’t go again though. I didn’t like going to the doctors.

**Flashback**

“Mom!!! Dad!!!” I screamed as I ran after their bodies that was being taken away by the doctors. How did this happen?

We were about to go on a picnic!! HOW CAN A CAR ACCIDENT HAPPEN?! I ran faster and faster without care of their blood on me.

The door to the emergency room closed before me as I pounded on it with all my might. No one even bothered to

look at me. But, I just wanted them to save my parents. As long as my parents are safe, it will all be good.

**END**

But, they didn’t come out of the emergency room. The doctors told me that they did everything they could, but

I cried and cried. I went into deep depression after their death. For about a year I was in depression and in need of metal help.

For a year I was being taken cared of at the hospital.

I shook my head violently as I tried to erase all those horrible memories.

“Mom!!!” I smiled cheerfully, forgetting everything, as I heard my baby Nattra’s cute voice ring through the mansion. She must be home from school.

“Nattra! How was school today?” I asked as Nattra gave me a huge hug.

“Great Mom~ it was really fun. We made paper cranes with pink paper! ISN’T IT PRETTY?” Nattra asked excitedly as she

took out a pink crane from her backpack. It was very cute.

“Wow! Mommy’s baby Nattra is growing up huh?” I smiled.

“Yup~ but don’t worry mom. Nattra will always love you no matter what! And Nattra will always be with you~”

Nattra smiled as she gave me another hug. What a beautiful child.

“Ann…” I looked up as I heard Chakrit’s voice.

“Is Daddy back?” I looked down questioningly at Nattra. She nodded happily.

“Yup yup~ daddy picked me up at school today! He surprised me~” She smiled. I was happy that Nattra is able

to call Chakrit dad without a sense of nervousness or being uncomfortable.

“Ann…, help me.” I ran towards our hall as I watched Chakrit in horror. He was holding 3 huge teddy bears, one

pink, one blue, and one rainbow. Oh my God…

“Chakrit~ what did you guys do?” I ran up to him to help him carry the teddy bears.

“We went to the amusement park…” He huffed and puffed.

“WHAT? Nattra skipped school?” My eyes flew wide open at Chakrit’s words.

“No, no, don’t worry, I wouldn’t allow Nattra to skip school. I took her to school today, only to find out that today

was a one day vacation that Nattra forgot to mention.” Chakrit threw an accusing look towards Nattra who giggled loudly. I frowned…

“Okay…”

“mom, daddy is saying the truth!!!” Nattra smiled.

“Okay, and it’s daddy is TELLING the truth to you!” All three of us laughed as we dropped to the huge sofa in our living room. This felt nice.

A ripping pain suddenly jerked me up from the couch as I practically screamed out loud. I knew exactly what was happening.

I was having one of those headache fits again. I need to rush to the bathroom.

I tried to take a step, but immediately fell to the floor. What’s happening? This has never happened before. I can’t walk…

I don’t have any strength. I was going numb. I could hear Chakrit and Nattra’s worried voices but they seemed so muffled and so far away.

I can see their faces but it’s blurry and unclear. I felt like I was looking through a pool of water. What is happening?

Usually, the headache only involves the blistering pain through my head. But this time, I felt like I’m seriously going to bend over and die of the pain.

“Ann… what’s… pening…” I heard the bits and pieces of Chakrit’s voice.

“Mommy… okay?” I think Nattra said are you okay.

Oh my God, I think I’m going to die. I’m being ripped apart. What’s happening? Why am I in so much pain???

“AHHHH!!!!” I shrieked loudly, at least I think it was my voice. I could feel my already wet cheeks, probably from the excessive

amount of tears overflowing my eyes.

“Ann…. HOSPITAL!!!” I could see Chakrit coming close to me and picking me up. He felt so warm but I was freezing cold.

“Chakrit… it… it hurts… Chakrit…” I croaked out as I grabbed onto his shirt. Pulling it as hard as I can. I could taste blood.

Why can I taste blood?

“ANN!!! DON’T BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!” This was clear because Chakrit screamed right at me.

The last thing I saw was his worried face and Nattra crying​

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i hope ann's okay...i wonder what's wrong with her? i hope she doesn't have a tumor or something....but everything was going so sweet...nattra and chakrit and ann living happily

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
lol.. girl, don't write another chapter yet, let me catch up first. I'm only two chaps behind!

Just kidding... lol.. other readers will probably be pissed at me.
I'm going to an election day BBQ to celebrate within our party.. but I'll bring my laptop with me to read fics. lol

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Chakrit’s POV

It never occurred to me that Ann could be sick. She never mentioned anything, nor did she know anything.

I should have been more noticeable. I should have watched over her like I should have. Is everything my fault?

If it isn’t, it sure seems like the blame is all thrust against me. Ann was weird, sometimes running to the bathroom,

I just figured she had a stomach problem, a girl thing. But it wasn’t like that, at all.

Ann has leukemia.

The doctors said it probably ran through her family. It was probably passed down from her father since it is much harder

for a mother to pass it down to their child. But, Ann is sick, very sick. The doctors said that the headaches were just part of it,

part of being destroyed by the viruses within her body. I don’t understand what it is anymore. Is it I, or has she been in the hospital

frequently since she and I reunited? Is it really my entire fault?

I didn’t want to think that.

I sat numbly in the white hallways of the hospital. They were so pure, so clean. The fresh smell of drugs flew nonchalantly through the halls.

As if they were flowing to the Netherlands. So free and have such an overwhelming scent that I was close to being knocked out. The

quietness of the hospital bothered me, almost to the point it gave me shivers down my spine. Where is everyone? Why can’t this place be livelier?

Shouldn’t happiness be the key to curing health? Instead of the dull and grieving of life.

But, this is a hospital. It is at most you can expect for it to be silent.

Sometimes I wonder, is life out to get me?

Or more correctly, out to get Ann.

I still don’t have any memories of our past, or whether it existed is still a complete mystery to me. But what have I to doubt?

She has my baby and raised to such an adorable child that I have come to love. I still don’t understand if my attractions toward

Ann are love or a simple taste of admiration. But, just like my doubts, they don’t matter because all I’m hoping is for her to recover.

“Mr. Yagnam, you may step into the room now. Everything is ready.” Doctor Lee smiled at me kindly as he stepped away for me to enter Ann's patient room.

“Thank you.” I felt as if my voice was dead, or just my entire body.

“Don’t be too harsh on yourself. We will do our best to help her recover.” Doctor Lee said as he smiled, then walked away after a short bow.

I replied with one of my own and stepped through the door. My hesitation was clear; I didn’t truly want to see her for her face was so pale; a

deep shade but light at the same time that gave me shivers.

Taking a seat across from Ann’s bed, I watched her intently. Eyeing her up and down, trying to catch any time of movement. She’s

been sleeping for a long time now.

“Ann…” I sighed as my sight became blurry.

“Please wake up… I know you are having a good dream. But don’t keep us waiting. Nattra misses you; I miss you.

So, wake up please.” My softness of words slowly became a river of pleads. I just wanted her to wake up, to wake up and take me out of my guilt and misery.

For the next countless hours, I sat in the same position. Just staring at her pale face. The usual warm glow around her was gone which

made me scared. She can’t possibly leave right? That’s absurd.

~~I am a little piggy riding on the moon~~

“Hello?” My phone interrupted the silence.

“Is this Chakrit Yagnam?” An unfamiliar voice pasted through the receiver as I frowned.

“ Yes it is; how may I help you?” I replied.

“This is Rome Patta, do you remember me?” If I wasn’t dreaming, I swear I could hear a smirk behind his words.

“No, I’m sorry. I must have forgotten.” I shook my head, as I didn’t understand what he was getting at.

“Just like thought, you forgot me as well? Just like you forgot everyone else right?” This Rome’s tone was harsh and cold with a tint of disgust as he talked.

“Excuse me, but how can I help you? If you have nothing more to say then I don’t have the time to chat right now.”

“Nothing much, I was just wondering, how is Ann? I haven’t contacted her in a while and her cell phone wasn’t working.”

I frowned, how did this Rome know about Ann? Were they friends? He did say her cell phone wasn’t working, probably because it’s turned off right now.

“She’s… not so great.” I thought about lying. But chose not to, I didn’t want to lie about Ann in anyway. No matter who I’m talking to.

Rome didn’t talk, he was probably expecting more from me.

“She’s sick…” I said after a heavy sigh.

“She’s… what?” Rome’s voice was filled with confusion.

“She’s sick.” I repeated.

“Why?” Anger was also tinted across his words.

“I… don’t know… she has leukemia.”

“…” silence.

I stared at my phone in misunderstanding. What was that? He just hanged up on me without any further explanation.

“That’s weird…” I shook my head as I placed the phone back in my pocket. Slowly walking towards Ann’s bed,

I placed my hand over hers. She was freezing cold. So, I pulled the covers over her and added another over it.

“I’m gonna go know Ann. I will be back tomorrow again. Hopefully, you will be better right?” I announced these words everyday

for the past week. It has not yet to come true. But, hope was all I hanged onto now.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As I was driving towards Nattra’s school, I thought about today’s stranger events. Who was this Rome person?

His name sure was familiar, as if I heard it somewhere. But for him to know my number, he must have some lkind of investments in my business as well right?

Things are certainly quite weird…

All I hope is for Nattra and Ann to be safe.

Flashback

“Ann… what’s… pening…” I heard the bits and pieces of Chakrit’s voice.

“mommy… okay?” I think Nattra said are you okay.

Oh my God, I think I’m going to die. I’m being ripped apart. What’s happening? Why am I in so much pain???

“AHHHH!!!!” I shrieked loudly, at least I think it was my voice. I could feel my already wet cheeks, probably from the excessive amount of tears overflowing my eyes.

“ANN…. HOSPITAL!!!” I could see Chakrit coming close to me and picking me up. He felt so warm but I was freezing cold.

“Chakrit… it… it hurts… Chakrit…” I croaked out as I grabbed onto his shirt. Pulling it as hard as I can. I could taste blood. Why can I taste blood?

“ANN!!! DON’T BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!” This was clear because Chakrit screamed right at me.

End of flashback

“CHAKRIT!!!” I sat up with a start, but quickly fell back on to the bed. A piercing pain went through me as I shuddered, hurt.

A single tear fell down my cheek. I can feel the wetness. I twitched as I tried hard to reach the help button that was just above my bed.

To think that it would be so easy, it was only a mere few inches from me. But, it was so excruciatingly hard. Even though it was only

that few inches from me, I felt as if it will take me a million years to reach that little red button. My hand trembled as stinging pain ran

through me from head to toe. I felt as if a strong force was ripping me apart, bit-by-bit.

“Chakrit…” Without even noticing, a soft moan escaped the corner of my mouth. “Help me…”

Then, everything went black as the pain and the darkness took over…

Chakrit’s POV

“WHAT HAPPENED???” I pushed past the electronic doors as I rushed into the hospital. I had just picked up Nattra and dropped her

off at home when I received a call. Saying that Ann had finally wakened up. I was really happy; the stirring of the relief was not long lived though.

The doctor’s words immediately after were that she has had a seizure, now in the emergency room.

“WHAT HAPPENED? TELL ME!” I felt bad commanding them, but I was in a lot of hurry.

“Ann woke up, but had a seizure.” I didn’t need this, I was already told of that. But, without another word, the nurse

left me and ran into the emergency room. For the next hour and walked up and down the hall, praying that she will come out okay…

“Chakrit.” I sat up straight as I heard the doctor’s voice. He slowly stepped out of the emergency room.

“Is she okay?” I stood up and walked up to him to get a better look.

“She is in a stable state for now.” That was the key word, it literally released my long held in breath. I shut my eyes tightly as

I thanked God for giving Ann another chance. Giving me, even, another chance. “Chakrit…” I opened my eyes to look at the

doctor happily. “She… Ann I mean needs a bone marrow transplant. It will be very difficult to find one if it were to be decided by us.

Ann will have to wait on a long waiting list".

“How long?” That was all I could ask.

“No more than two months without…” I could see the guilt on the doctor’s face. It was so clearly written that Ann was in trouble.

“Fcuk…” I ran backwards, away from the doctor and the emergency room, I could only think about one thing, and one thing only.

I need to get help for Ann.

I stood, outside of the hospital, with my cell phone held tightly within my hand. I starred at the screen with a picture of Ann,

Nattra, and I; all three of us laughing happily as we made faces to the camera. Those lighthearted days seemed like such a

long time from now. As if billions of years have already past. But, only a mere few weeks have past since then.

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh no... ann have leukemia... hope she will be heal from this sickness soon... hope rome will not to anything bad to this couple... they have suffer alot already...

it's not rush... love the pace of it...

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
okay, caught up again... so chakrit finally ask Ann to marry him.. only to find out that she has luekemia........ some one pass me a tissue. :(

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

My eyes open softly. The soft touch of the morning wind lingered across to my bed. It felt so nice for it to brush

across my pain stroke body. So nice to have it with me when I’m all alone. I can still feel stinging sharpness of the pain

that runs through my back. I can almost notice the blood that was withdrawn from me. I feel tired, and deathly. Once again,

I closed my eyes to lessen the pain, but it did not help. It did not help one bit.

“Ann!!!” As if on queue, right when my eyes closed, Chakrit rushed into the room, causing my eyes to flutter open. He was holding a

bouquet of beautiful lilies that was wrapped in the finest sand paper of the shade yellow, pink, and white. “How are you feeling right now?

I heard you woke up.” Chakrit rushed to stand by the side of my bed as his hands covered mine. They were so warm, his hands. Unlike mine which were icily cold.

“I’m okay…” A soft murmur, it was all that could come out of me. I could see the fresh pain that escaped Chakrit handsome face as

my words came out. He must know that I don’t feel good. He must be worried. “I’m really okay khun. I’m fine…” Stronger,

with more power this time; I carefully worded my phrase.

He didn’t believe me. I could tell. If I were in his place, I wouldn’t have believed either. It was such a bold faced lie.

But, to make him feel better, I would do anything, even if I have to die just this second.

“How have you been? And Nattra, where is she?” My throat ached as each word sounded.

“I have been okay for these past days. Nattra has been living with me at out house. She’s at school right now; she misses you a lot.

attra has a picture of you right by her bed. She said so she can say good night to you.” I miss my daughter too, not only my daughter,

but also Chakrit. I missed the two of them so much that I would explode if I couldn’t see one of them soon. Gladly, Chakrit was here to

fill in half of the emptiness.

“Ann…” I gaze slowly came upon his guilt struck face as he mouthed my name.

“Yes ?” I felt like I need to push him a little, or else his words wouldn’t come out.

“I was wondering…” He glanced at me to catch my expression. I reassured him with a simple smile.

“ I was wondering if you could tell me… tell me what happened in the past. Before my accident.” Now his expression was stiff, and shaded with shame.

“Oh… of course I will tell you.” I was surprised, he never asked me about the past before. I wanted to tell him, but I didn’t want to force

him if he didn’t want to know. Now that he’s asking, he has taken a lot of weight off me.

“But, if you’re tired, it’s okay.” He immediately said, so cute.

“No, I want to tell you.” For the next hour, I told him all about the past. From him and I crashing into each other before the company

to meeting him and him hiring me at the company. From Chakrit’s first time apologizing to me and to the first time he kissed me.

The first time I went to his house to the time he asked me out on a date. I told him I thought that he was obnoxious and crazy at

the time, but came to fall deeply in love with his childish behaviors. Then, when the two of us took a vacation. After, is when the whole

pregnancy thing happened everything was over after. My voice gave out afterwards from so much talking. It was painful. I watched

each and every emotion on Chakrit’s face.

“So… after that we didn’t meet till five years later?” I nodded, as he seemed to be thinking things over. This must be a lot of

information for him to receive in an hour.

Chakrit POV

I forgot so many things, so many things that tied the two of us together. The worst thing is, even after so long, I still can’t remember.

What happened to all those memories of the past? All those beautiful memorable times that we shared. Now, that spot in my mind is

vacant and filled with dust. Nothing is left and will not be chased back.

I feel guilty, after everything Ann told me, I felt guilty. How could I not be? I left her alone, at such an important time in her life.

That part of her life that could have changed my life so much. Instead, I left her alone to deal with the pain and loneliness. I’m terrible.

Even though I have done such a terrible thing; Ann smiles through her pain in the past and now. Her smile was genuinely true and meaningful.

How could I have doubted her honesty towards me in the past?

Chasing back the past is useless. I need to start the new future.

That’s what I have agreed to.

“I’m… really sorry. I don’t know what to say.” I decided to have a fresh start, but the guilt hasn’t been washed away yet.

It clung to my soul, maybe for the rest of my days on earth. It could be the punishment for my terrible sins that I have committed.

But this was nothing, nothing compared to Ann’s endless years of waiting, pondering, and suffering.

Surprisingly, Ann shook her head.

“You don’t have to be sorry; you brought me the best thing of my life. I had Nattra. Plus, even if I never have been reunited with you,

I have the memories; our memories that I treasure. If I were to choose, I would rather have met you than to have not.

The pain is nothing, as long as I know you exist and is happy, I have contended.” I watched as the loving words flowed

softly out of Ann's mouth. Her lips were chapped and she looked tired. She must be in a lot of pain right now. And talking to me

probably wasn’t making it any easier any on her. I should stop.

“I think you should rest.” I stood up, trying to smile. It didn’t work.

“Chakrit, listen to me.” Ann paused for a second. “I love you. I really do; I loved you five years ago, and I still love you.

My love for you will never stop no matter what. I don’t want to hold you back, I don’t to trap you. Don’t feel like you have

to stay with me out of guilt, I don’t want that. I want you to be happy, like I said. Your happiness is also mine.” Ann had tears in

her eyes now. “So, if you want to leave, go ahead, anytime. I just want you to know that I love you. Forever and ever, and no matter

what you do, I hope you will do it. Don’t take me to mind, make your own decisions.”

I watched her in disbelief. I understood that her words were for my benefit. But it hurt that she didn’t trust me.

I wouldn’t eve leave her, I know that I will never leave her. I wouldn’t leave even if she got on her

knees and begged. But, I understand her meaning. She means that if I don’t love her, I should go search for my true love.

Instead, I shouldn’t be here, with someone I don’t love. The thing is; she’s wrong. I still can’t say I love her, I don’t know if

I do or not. I want her to be happy; I want her to be happy so much that I will give up all I have. I will give up my money, my job,

my fame, maybe even my life.

“I won’t ever leave you.” I smiled at her, this time, it wasn’t forced. I was comforting her; she needed comfort in her world;

A world that was so alone and so full of sadness. Ann let go of her breath, she must have been holding her breath.

Was she scared that I was going to say, “Okay then, have a good life, see ya!”? I wouldn’t ever do that, I didn’t even think about it until now.

“Don’t worry. Listen Ann, I don’t know if I love you, I still don’t understand my feelings towards you. But I do

know that I care about you very much. Much more than most of the people I know.” I stopped and took a breath.

“It’s going to take some time. Hopefully, you wouldn’t mind.”

Ann’s face was delighted, filled with pleasure and happiness. She smiled traveled from her mouth, to her cheeks,

to her eyes that gleamed with delight. She was happy and I felt satisfied. I have never really spoke of my feelings for her,

this time, it’s all out. Plus, she understands and I understand her now. It’s perfect. Now, some time in between is all that is needed;

all that I ask for.

I left after that, Ann needed some rest, or else she will only grow weaker. And that is the exact thing

I’m trying to prevent. I can’t have her getting sicker when I’m worrying my head off, trying to get her to become healthy again.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww it's so sweet that they are going to have a fresh start together...but how much time will they have with each other :( aww man...only two more chapters to go..sniff