Love is Just a Game [Ch. 31 END] 11/06

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
LUCKY :p well i'm going to bed now...ahahha...i said that before...this time i mean it heehee...when i come back from work..i better see more update :D

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

It’s been two weeks since the accident and when the doctor told me about Ann's state of health. It’s been two weeks and Ann’s

health haven’t improved, but it’s good that it didn’t worsen. I would be here everyday, just seating in her room, waiting and

praying for her to wake up. As for Nattra…

FLASH BACK

“She’s in coma.” I was completely stunned when I heard the words come out of the doctor’s mouth.

How can she be in a coma? Nattra and I aren’t even seriously injured, yet how can she be in a coma? I chuckled at the doctor’s words.

“Stop playing around. I’m serious, how is she?” I asked the doctor who only shook his head as if I were the crazy one.

“She is in a coma. And I’m not playing with you. The accident has made serious damage to her brain, causing her to be in a vegetated state.

I can’t guarantee you anything. All I know is that she is alive. But if she will ever wake up is a question mark to us.” The doctor said to me

as each word felt like a stab in my heart. This can’t be, this can’t be, it’s impossible, and this isn’t possible. Ann can’t be in a coma.

“Also, do you have an idea of who is the father of the child?” I was still confused when the doctor said this.

“Yeah, I think it’s me…” That was all I could say. The doctor immediately pulled into a hospital room to take blood and DNA tests.

Then, he pulled Nattra, who was still waiting in her hospital room, to take the same tests. Half an hour later, the doctor came out and said to me.

“You are the father of the child. For now, since her mother isn’t in the state to take care of her, she is your responsibility.” The doctor said. His

words didn’t surprise me. I knew very well that Nattra was my daughter. I was even surer after the accident. I felt a special bond and

connection towards her. I felt even a stronger towards Ann, my girlfriend.

+++

It’s been two days and Nattra is going to be released out of the hospital today. I’ve decided to tell her of the truth, that I am in

fact her father. I didn’t know how I’m supposed to tell her. All I know is that I have to tell her, or else I don’t know what I’m going to do.

“Nattra, Uncle have to tell you something.” I said when I finished packing Nattra’s stuff. She held her head up to look at me with

a pleasant smile. I didn’t understand why the smile made it so much harder for me to reveal the truth to her. What if she doesn’t

believe me? What if she doesn’t like me?

“Yes Uncle? What do you have to tell Nattra?” She had such an innocent smile.

“Well, Mommy right now is a bit sick so she can’t take care of you. So, I will be taking care of you. Is that okay?”

“Is Mommy okay?”

“Of course, she will be fine soon. But in the mean time, are you okay with staying with me?” I smiled at her reassuringly.

She nodded happily. I was about to tell her more but I stopped myself, maybe sometime later.

END OF FLASH BACK

I rubbed my head in confusion as I sighed pitifully. This is just great, another misery. I still can’t remember her, she’s in a coma,

her daughter doesn’t know I’m her father, and there’s loads of paparazzi outside. It’s true, since the accident, the news and

magazines went crazy about my little ‘accident’. Some even said that it was a cause of drunk driving. Of course no one believed

that it was drunk driving and the fans protested making the magazine’s popularity fall way down. But, somehow, the hospital

location was discovered so now .

A muddle of voices filled my ears as it irritated me even more. I had enough problems then for them to be yelling at me.

Even though I fully appreciate their love for me, but sometimes, they need to let me have some time along, to think things

over and to be free from the everyday celebrity stress. The reporters have been here since yesterday; it’s a miracle that I had

more than two weeks of living without them. But now that they found me, the hospital has been complaining about the noise.

Bodyguards were trying to fend them off, But I have no time for them now; I have something more important on my mind.

Ann you having a good dream now?” I said as I sat close to her. Her face was pale and smooth. It almost had a small glint, but not

a cheerful one. Her eyes were lightly shut, no stress, no push, no strength placed on them. Her entire body looked as if that if you touch her,

she’ll break into a million pieces.

“Are you hungry? Do you need anything? I can always get it for you, you know. All you have to do is tell me,

and I’ll bring it to you straight away.

” I tried to smile even with the knowledge that she probably wouldn’t hear me. But the doctors said that maybe talking

to her would make a positive affect on her situation.

“Do you know that I’m been here everyday with you? Did you know that my company is really mad at me so I have to

pretend and buy off the doctors in the hospital to tell them that I’m still injured? But you must be happy that I’m fine now.

Nattra's fine too; she’s healthy and happy. She likes my house, I’m sure you would like it too if you were able to see it.”

I smiled as I held onto her hand. Her hand was just like her, smooth and soft, a tint of coldness but also a trace of the warmness

which is unable to be seen right now. I feel really bad since it is basically because of me that she is in this situation. I sighed as I

sat back down and leaned my head softly on the cushion. How long is it going to take for her to be back and conscious?

+++++

Rome’s POV

(one week and five days ago. 2 days after the accident)

“Hello, I’m looking for Ms. Ann Thongprasom. She’s not in her old room and I’m her friend.” I smiled at the young nurse that stared

wide-eyed at me. She probably recognized me, to think again, who doesn’t?

“Um… Ms. Thongprasom checked out of her hospital room two days ago. But that night, she came back after being involved in a

car accident. I’m very sorry to inform you that she’s in a coma now.” The little nurse looked pitifully at me after she looked her computer.

I froze after hearing this news. She’s in a coma? Why was she out of the hospital? She shouldn’t be out for another two days… what was

she doing outside?

“Can… Can you give me her room number?” I asked shakily as I looked pleadingly at the nurse. She nodded as she looked a bit taken aback.

“She’s in the single rooms. 305 on the 3rd floor.” The nurse said. I frowned a bit hearing this; the single rooms and the rooms

on the third floors are for the rich people. How did she find the money to afford this? Then, it all made sense. Why Ann was so cold to me

two days ago. Why she left the hospital without telling me. Why she is in a coma now. And why she is in the special single rooms.

Chakrit Yagnam

He must be here. He must be the one to get her into this mess. She didn’t tell me because she knew I would disapprove.

Yet, she went, and got herself into another mess because of him. Why doesn’t she understand that he isn’t good enough for her?

He’s garbage, a useless piece of sh!t. I thought as I ran towards the room. I was about to open the door when I heard Chakrit’s voice.

He was talking to someone, I think its Nattra.

“Nattra, Uncle have to tell you something.” I listened as I heard Chakrit speaking. When did Nattra and Chakrit meet? When did all

of this happen? Why didn’t Ann tell me anything?

“Yes Uncle? What do you have to tell Nattra?” I heard Nattra say.

“Well, Mommy right now is a bit sick so she can’t take care of you. So, I will be taking care of you. Is that okay?”

“Is Mommy okay?”

“Of course, she will be fine soon. But in the mean time, are you okay with staying with me?” I listened carefully while trying to

lay the pieces of the information together. First is that Ann lied to me. Second is that she went out with Chakrit after meeting him.

Third is that Nattra as already met her father, and from the word Uncle, she doesn’t know that he’s her father. Last is that Ann is in a

coma with Chakrit taking care of their daughter, Nattra.

I backed away from the door as I heard Nattra coming closer and out the door. I hid behind the wall and watched as Nattra

came out with Chakrit who left to speak to the doctors. Nattra stood there as she waited. I was mad, really mad, how

dare he ruin everything again; He doesn’t deserve her, he doesn’t deserve Nattra.

“Nattra!” I said cheerfully as I walked up to her. Her face immediately lit up as she came and gave me a bear hug.

“Why are you here Uncle?” I cringed; it bothers me that she calls Chakrit and I the same thing.

“Oh, I’m here to visit you of course! How is my cute little Nattra?” She smiled happily and gave me another hug.

I tried to play it smooth. “Now, tell me, who was that man earlier?”

“Oh, you mean Uncle Chakrit? He’s a very good man! He’s very nice to Mommy too. Though Mommy is sick right now.”

Nattra’s cute little face dropped into a small frown. “Nattra is going to live with Uncle Chakrit now. He’s really nice to Nattra.” She smiled again.

“Really? He doesn’t look nice to me.” I know I sound childish, but in order to keep Ann and Nattra safe, I’ll do anything.

“Doesn’t he look mean to you? I think you should stay with me instead, what do you think?”

“…”

“No Uncle, before Mommy got sick, she wanted me to stay with Uncle Chakrit. That’s what Nattra is going to do. And

Uncle Chakrit is really nice to Nattra. He isn’t mean at all!” Nattra frowned as she stated. Me, slightly taken aback,

frowned and said bye, then walked away. I really wanted to see how Ann was doing, so I spoke with the doctors.

It turned out; she wasn’t in a very good condition. She’s still in a coma, there’s no sign of waking up, the doctors aren’t even sure if she’ll ever wake up.

This is great, just great.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
good thing that chakrit stays to take care of ann and nattra....rome is mad...i have a sense that he will kidnap nattra or something..idk :D

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Chakrit’s POV

It’s been exactly one month since the accident. The world outside was kept away from me. Even though there are still

many girls outside that are waiting to catch a glimpse of me. But the size of the group has gone down since most of them

went home without hope. Those are the smart girls. I won’t go out to see them.

I stood up silently as I took my gaze off of the sleeping Ann and walked out of her hospital room. I’ve kept myself there

for the past number of weeks; I really need some fresh air. The old door cringed painfully as I pushed it open. I could

smell the ancient rust that clung to the already vulnerable metal. It could collapse any moment. But something gave it a

strong and powerful sense. The bright morning sun shone brightly from the sky as I stepped from the building towards

my car. The black car glimmered from the streak of light from the sun. My hair ruffled lightly as the light breeze passed me and settled.

“Chakrit.” My hand, now on the handle of the car door, stopped. I recognized this voice. Her voice. Her scrappy

and whiny tone that sent shivers through my very bones. I could feel her little grin that was forever stuck to her gorgeous as deathly face.

I didn’t turn around. For… what is the point?

“Chakrit~” She called again. This time louder, clearer, and had a demanding attitude. I felt my hands fall limp, and fell from the car,

then to my sides. I had no choice but to turn around.

“Aff.” My voice, unlike hers, was calm and annoyed. I didn’t have time for her.

“CHAKRIT~ I missed you so much!” Just like the usual, she flung herself at me into a bear hug. Though, more like a monster hug

since she was practically suffocating me. “Did you miss me? Why didn’t you call me? Are you hurt?” She looked me up and down.

I chuckled lightly at how good she is. She should become an actress with her “ability.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Aw… don’t be like that. I know you miss me just as much I missed you.” It surprises me that she could be so

self-involved that she wouldn’t even try to understand others. How many times do I have to say the words ‘I don’t like you?’

How many times does she have to casually laugh and tell me not to joke around? I’m not joking, especially not now.

“Let… let go off me.” I unbuckled myself from her tight grasp and looked at her with disgust. She had an innocent face, maybe

even more innocent and beautiful than Ann. But she is anything but innocent in reality. “I have to go…”

“How’s your child?” I stopped in my tracks as I heard the words from her mouth. How did she know about this? Her voice

was cold and hard now. No emotion except for the fresh taste of jealousy, which I have never scent from her before.

“…”

“How do I know?” Aff chuckled lightly as I heard her heels clank loudly as she closed the distance between us.

“Let’s just say… I have my resources.” I swung fast around to face her. She had an evil grin plastered on her angelic

face as I gagged in disgust.

“I had a little… talk. With your little so called wifey before the accident.” I didn’t understand where she was getting at.

“Don’t tell me you still don’t know that you had a little forgotten memory crisis?” Aff rolled her eyes as if I were a five year old.

She had a loathing tone stuck to her. “Remember? Little Ann told you that she was pregnant. You ran out of the restaurant.

Then you got into a car accident and forgot about her and your baby forever. Now it’s five years later. You meet again…”

She stopped talking there. Her face was twisted as she cringed.

“What are you doing here?” That was all I could say. I have nothing to say to her. I really have no time for her endless blabbing.

“Whatever… I just wanted to tell you…. You can read it.” Aff walked away after she threw me a copy of the

newspaper for today. I haven’t gotten a chance to read it yet. As I flipped open the page, the red bold text in the middle

of the page caught my eye.

CHAKRIT HAS A HIDDEN WIFE

I stared as shock as my mouth hanged open, ready to catch flies. My eyes skipped through the paragraphs as I read.

Chakrit Yagnam, as a little wife at home. One month ago, Chakrit was involved in a car accident with a young lady and a child.

The accident was not serious for Chakrit Yagnam who only suffered from a broken arm that was quickly healed. But according

to an inside, the lady in the car in currently in a coma, and has been for the past month. The child that was also involved was not

hurt either. But, according to the same inside, the child was related to Chakrit as his daughter.

My eyes stopped when I finished the paragraph. So many questions flashed through my mind as I re-contemplated the words stated.

How did the paparazzi find out about this? Who was the insider? Who could this be?

Aff… it couldn’t be her. If it were she, then why would she come over here and tell me about it? It must be one of the

doctors from the hospital. A nurse or the actual doctor that spread the news. But… who? I crunched the paper in my hands as I

dashed back into the hospital, heading for Ann’s room. As I neared, I heard soft whispers that emerged from the direction of Ann’s room.

“Is…here…” I tried my best to make out the words. It was a man’s voice, clearly.

“I… know…” It was difficult to hear since they were speaking in such a hushed tone.

“CHAKRIT!!!” I jumped from the loud scream that came from behind and turned around to face two excited reporters.

“IS IT TRUE CHAKRIT?! DO YOU REALLY HAVE A CHILD?!” Before I even had the time to react, they were already sticking

microphones towards me and flashing their cameras.

“IS YOUR WIFE REALLY IN A COMA?”

“DO YOU REALLY HAVE A WIFE?”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ANY OF THIS TO THE MEDIA?”

The questions dizzied me as I tried hard to shove them away from me. Before long, I was cornered at Ann’s door.

I tried to push through them, but it didn’t work. So the only thing I could do was to hide in Ann’s room.

As soon as I got inside, I slammed the door shut and locked it. I could still hear the shouts of the reporters outside.

What are they? Do they not understand privacy?

“Chakrit?”

I swear I stopped breathing the minute I heard her voice.

Ann’s POV

I could hear murmurs very close to me. Why are they so loud? Don’t they know that I’m sleeping?

Why are they talking so loud? I’m tired… LET ME SLEEP!

I sat up with a start, a sudden pain ripped through my arm. I winced painfully as grabbed my wrist. I stared at the long

needle that is now inside my hand and blinked several times.

“Where am I?” This isn’t the first time that I woke up an unfamiliar place. Actually, this place looks just like where I

woke up any other time. Just fancier.

I’m in a hospital.

But, I don’t really remember what happened. All I know is that I was in the car with Nattra and… Chakrit. Then, all of a sudden,

I heard a loud crash and Nattra’s crying was the last thing I saw. Though I did feel a hard but soft and warm pressure pressed

to my body. I don’t remember anything after that…

“CHAKRIT” I jumped when I heard a loud shout coming from outside. Someone was talking to chakrit. Does that mean he’s outside?

“IS IT TRUE CHAKRIT?! DO YOU REALLY HAVE A CHILD?!”

“IS YOUR WIFE REALLY IN A COMA?” chakrit… he has a wife and she’s in a coma?

“DO YOU REALLY HAVE A WIFE?” Does he really have a wife?

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ANY OF THIS TO THE MEDIA?” Why did he tell me? I had so many questions for Chakrit.

Why did he tell me that he was married? I wouldn’t have bothered him then. Did I complicate his life? Did I bring trouble

to his life? But before I could answer any of these questions… the door was opened, and there he stood. His back was facing me,

so I couldn’t see him.

“Chakrit? khun Pe” I chocked out but regretted it right away. He’s not my loved one… well he doesn’t love me. Of course,

he isn’t my brother. I have to stop calling him that. He didn’t turn around to look at me… is he mad at me?

I was about to call to him again and apologize when he turned around. His face was beat red, what happened?

He didn’t look up to me; instead, he walked towards me with his head hanged way down. I was confused;

did he want to hit me? But… I was wrong… because…

he hugged me

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
that Aff probably called the paparazi! But anywho.. I'm glad chakrit is staying by ann and nattra's side....... maybe rome will turn out to be the villain afterall??

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
aff is so annoying here... sigh... i think she's the one who told the paparazzi...

YES!!! ann woke up already.. can't wait to know what happen next...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i think it's' either aff or rome maybe that told the paparazzi......

ann woke up..but i'm sure that there will be more dangers ahead especially with aff....

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
CHAPTER 26

“Thank God…” I heard the softly mumbles of my beloved Chakrit as his soft breath tickled my earlobes. How great this feels,

I can’t even begin to explain. How much I longed to be back in his arms. How I longed for him to be so close. The distance…

But I couldn’t help think about the fact that he really isn’t back. Yet. Maybe one day, we can still be together. Together…

“Thank God…” I heard him repeat again. His voice was so filled with emotions that tears sprung to my eyes.

I tried hard to keep them locked up but, just like the time before and the ones before, they didn’t listen to my commands.

They fell like raindrops, down my cheeks. I felt the cold yet warm drops of wet tears one after another. They weren’t tears of

sadness, but of pure joy. Because, through these long five years, I have never imagined myself back her, in his very arms.

“Do you know much I worried?” Now, his voice was only a soft breath that escaped the crease of his lips.

Even though we were so close, hearing him was a difficult job for me. But, I made out these words, these words that hit the pit

bottom of my heart like a rock. But, the rock is as light as a feather as it floated, giving me butterflies in my stomach.

“I’m just so happy…” If it wasn’t my imagination, I felt a wet drop seek through my hospital ware and to my skin; Surprising,

how one single drop of his tear, can unlock the endless cold throughout my body. I don’t know what gave me the courage;

it was probably the very point of his presence that brought my dead arms up towards his body into a hug. At that very

moment, his arms around me tightened. My tears did not stop.

“Why didn’t you wake up earlier? Why did you make me worry?” Even though his voice was tinted with the

tiniest possibility of anger. It made me so happy.

“I’m sorry…” That was all I could say. I felt that these simple words were enough. I felt a sense of loneliness as

Chakrit’s arms slowly unwrapped around me. He couldn’t hold me forever right? The sweet moment has to end some time.

“Sorry…” It ended, but his words confused me. Chakrit’s head was held down, as he couldn’t bring his eyes towards mine.

“…”

“I’m Sorry…” He said again, this time louder as his head fell lower.

“Why?” Of course, my words were no more than a mere soft, limp, vocabulary.

“Because, this wouldn’t have ever happened to you! This would not have happened if I didn’t meet you!

You wouldn’t have to suffer. You wouldn’t have to become pregnant. You wouldn’t have to wait for all these years.

You wouldn’t be in a coma. IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF ME!!!” His words were a rush like lava, quickly boiling over everything.

By now, his head was held up as he stared at me. His eyes were filled with sorrow and guilt. He didn’t to think that… I don’t blame him.

I’d rather thank him.

“That’s not true…” I finally chocked out after his apology explosion.

“…”

“It’s not true…” I repeated after his silenced reply.

“I never brought you anything good…” He murmured so low that it wasn’t meant for my ears probably.

“NO! You brought so many wonderful things to me!” I burst out. I couldn’t let him blame himself. “You brought me so

many happy memories, plus Nattra!”

“…”

“Wait…” I finally calmed down and thought about something. “Do you, possibly, maybe, remember something?” I asked hopefully.

“No… I don’t remember anything.” My hopes were immediately crushed, as I couldn’t control my tears. Slowly they slid down my

face again, making their way.

“Please… don’t cry. I’m sorry. I tried but… I still …” Chakrit said as he tried hard to pat me on the shoulder or calm me down.

“I’m okay… just a bit…”

“Disappointed. I know.” His voice was again filled with guilt and sorrow.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s alright. It’s my fault, no matter what happened then, I’m sure I made a mistake.” His voice was so hard and cold

that it frightened me. I didn’t like the him right at this moment. I liked him that was always cheerful and happy. But what can I do?

I love him no matter what…

We both felled into silence, and for the first time today, it was uncomfortable.

“But… I will take responsibility.” His sudden use of words surprised me, as I looked up, confused, at him.

“What?” I asked stupidly.

“I will take responsibility from now on. I will act as a father plus a suitable husband.” His words were still confusing as

I tried to swallow them down.

“What?”

“Well, we should probably get married right? I mean… don’t you agree?” Now, his strong words were soft and

unsure as he looked at me.

“…”

“Do you not want to?” He asked, as I had no response.

“…”

“You really don’t want to marry me?” He asked again, this time, dropping his head.

It was as if a volcano erupted. I was suddenly thrown into a happy hallucination. Did he really say… that he wanted us to get married?

“Did you just say what I think you just said? If not, am I dreaming right now?” I asked dumbfounded.

“…” Chakrit looked at me, confused.

“What?” He finally chocked out.

“Did you really just ask me if I wanted to marry or was that all a dream?” My words were a rush as they spilled out.

“No… I was serious.” He said as he had a funny look on his face.

“…”

The silence again; But this time, it was awkward since both of us knew the answer to the questions of each other.

“YES! I WOULD! I WILL MARRY YOU!!!” I sprung up as I held him in a hug. For a second, he didn’t reply, but soon,

his arms were around me once again. The embrace was ever so wonderful.

Chakrit’s POV

“YES! I WOULD! I WILL MARRY YOU!!!” Ann suddenly jumped up and held me in her arms. I was held back in surprise. Honestly,

I didn’t know if asking her for her hand in marriage was the best choice. But, she loved me right? I’m sure I can love her too.

I’m sure I have some sort of feelings for her. Right now, I am sure that this feeling isn’t love. It could be like, but it will develop.

Right? Without another thought, I hugged her back as I heard her sob happily.

I was happy that she was happy.

We embraced like that for God knows how long. She continued to sob the tears of joy as I smiled quietly on my side.

I was happy that she was happy. She deserved this after so many years. She deserved what she truly wanted. And that,

I believe, would be a happy family life and me. To give her that, I would do anything to give her that.

She deserved it, so I will give it to her no matter what.

I believe that after so many events through her life; Most of it involving me. She deserves something that will truly make her happy.

Or else, life is definitely unfair and too hard for her.

“Chakrit” Her voice was soft and gentle as she pronounced my simple name. She filled it with so much love and affection that it overflowed it.

“Chakrit~” She said again. “Do you know how much and long I waited for this? I always told myself… living with Nattra is enough.

She is a part of you that stayed with me forever and ever. But… it wasn’t enough. I truly needed to be by your side.

I know I’m weak. I’m weak… Only you can help me.” She sobbed as I felt her warm tears drop to my shoulders.

She sniffled as she tried hard to tell me her long kept feelings.

“I’m sorry…” That was all I could say.

“No! Don’t be sorry! All I want is for you to be with me!” She pulled herself out of my arms as she stared intently through my eyes;

Her eyes gazing beneath the deepest part of me. I felt like she was looking through my body. I felt like she could see everything about me.

“I don’t want you to be sorry. I want you to be happy just like five years ago. I want us. Not you to be sorry!” I could hear the anger;

she was finally letting it go after so many years. It might not be all of her anger, but it was truly something. Something is better than nothing.

But, if I knew that, I would have never said what I said to her.

Because the consequences that followed were something that I will never want to think about again.

I would never had to anyways…