Looking for "King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng" w/ English subs

judanzea

sarNie Egg
If someone can translate all the episodes of King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng to English, I am willing to pay a more than reasonable amount. Please do not reply if your main motive is to scam and create trouble. I hope that a Thai native who has a good grasp of the English language can subtitle King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng to English and send me the DVD's of the full drama. We will work out the mechanics of how and when to pay privately. Let me know if anyone is interested. Please this is not a scam. Thanks! :p

judanzea

sarNie Egg
Yes, I have watched those episodes on youtube and viikii. But I want the whole DVD with all 19 episodes in English subtitles. The ones on youtube is only subbed up till episode 5.

cecilia

Staff member
^if you wait longer and have patient, perhaps, you don't have to spend so much money on it ..
i know that the local store in Minnesota do subtitle lakorn at request, but it'll cost like 2 or 4 dollar per disc ..
so yeah, if there's 19 episode and the price is 4 dollars, you can estimate it from there $76 -- highest cost.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Yes, I have watched those episodes on youtube and viikii. But I want the whole DVD with all 19 episodes in English subtitles. The ones on youtube is only subbed up till episode 5.
hehe it was a good lakorn. i can see where you'd want it. if i come by anything, i'll let you know. right now, unfortuntely, i can't do anything for ya, love. hang in there. :D

cecilia

Staff member
my only suggestion is .. maybe post your question in the thread, perhaps someone who watch it can help translate it for you.
i know i watched the whole thing over several time already, if you have question on a scene, i can try to translate it ^^

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yeah it'll cost at the least 4 bucks per disc, I say that because subtitling takes alot of time. There is certain people who will charge 10 dollars a disc =/ just because they have to translate and then time. Thats over 4 hours of work maybe even more. It takes me 20-1hr to translate sometimes then another 20-1hr to time. Not to mention ripping it then encoding it -.-"

cecilia

Staff member
no kidding, i've subbed, and time it before, it takes lots of effort and time .. on top of that, you have to check wording as well .. that's why, i restrain myself from accepting subbing work unless, there is no one else or that i'm super obsess with the lakorn and someone need help, then i'll step in to sweat some hours .. other than this, it's ALOT of pain .. having to translate, time, and edit .. that's why, i applaud those that SUB kdrama for us freebie ppl, and never try to complain LOl ..

and even for me, it takes more than 2 hours to just sit, translate, and time a 30 minutes clip. i give up LOl

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
:lol: Cece your telling me I'm subbing Ngao Asoke all by myself and also working on Sakul Ka Subs :lol: It's going ok so far I guess. I already ripped Ngao Asoke into mp4 format all my discs and now I just need to re-time them with the dvd version theres like 12 -13 discs lucky exact lakorns aren't long like other lakorns =/ otherwise i'd give up like along time ago LOL

cecilia

Staff member
^yeah. 45 minutes seem like alot of episodes but when you put them together to fit them dvd, it's not so bad ..

as for retiming it, why do you need to do that when you're done with the sub in the mp4 version?
.. all you have to do is sync the timing. works fine in second.

--- as for fans who work like you, i'll keep on applauding .. for being so dedicated :
for me, i give up things to easily if it become too much of a hassle or stress lOl

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I have to retime because I originally did the 30 minute episodes from iptv then when I ripped it from dvd it's longer so I have to time it for the dvd ^__-'

cecilia

Staff member
can't you do split file and then join them later? .. you can do that on sub file ..
just adjust the timing then copy and paste, then join, see mlike alot of works but it work faster and better this way (for me)

fun

Expired Sarnie
LOL it took me 3 months to do a 90 minutes episode. Now talking about a whole lakorn, that will take me a century.

Stick with fansubbers- it's free! =D

I say give it another decade or two until someone who would license the drama, sub it, and sell it for profit. LOL one day I might, when I have the chance to take Thai language courses lol which will take about a century or 2.

Edit: Ceci, those that sub lakorn on request... Do they license it first because they can be fined if not.

judanzea

sarNie Egg
Cecilia, you mentioned there's a shop in Minnesota that subs DVD for $4 bucks an episode or something like that. $76 dollars is not so bad when most Korean dramas sell for over $200 dollars for one whole series. Do you happen to know the name of this shop? A telephone number or address? Please let me know. King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng is my favorite lakorn and I really want a copy for myself, hence the request. If I didn't like it so much I would've held on like I have with other dramas for subbers to translate it. Thank you all for your replies! You guys are the best. :lol: :rolleyes: :D

cecilia

Staff member
Edit: Ceci, those that sub lakorn on request... Do they license it first because they can be fined if not.
Funfun, i don't think they have it .. i remember, the KDRAMA subbers used to have to go through a big threat back in 2008 when clubbox start to put notice or the broadcasting company start to put notice about copyright stuff .. but you do know that .. even in D-ADDICT, you can automatically download it, change some of the info and then add the sub to the HQ video to make your own home dvd .. sorta make them lose profit in a way b/c of PIRACY then start to emerge for KDRAMA (lots)

as to why i think kdrama are so expensive is b/c it's done by the professional ppl and with the OFFICIAL stuff, you'll get alot for the money you pay .. for instance, the price i pay for RAIN'S dvd cost me over 100 per set but in there, i get to have a nice cover, nice dvd, director cut .. etc .. so it pay off ..

Cecilia, you mentioned there's a shop in Minnesota that subs DVD for $4 bucks an episode or something like that. $76 dollars is not so bad when most Korean dramas sell for over $200 dollars for one whole series. Do you happen to know the name of this shop? A telephone number or address? Please let me know. King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng is my favorite lakorn and I really want a copy for myself, hence the request. If I didn't like it so much I would've held on like I have with other dramas for subbers to translate it. Thank you all for your replies! You guys are the best. :lol: :rolleyes: :D
wow, you're having the fever .. i remember, i USED to have the highest fever when this came on air .. was so hype up, even wake up to watch it live. but i was not desperate to have it in sub b/c i understood it .. as for the shop that does it .. i do not know the name of it .. but it's located on UNIVERSITY AVENUE, the owner took over the place that were once own by this Hmong couple, the store also have these other mini stores within it -- there are a hair salon, a clothes store, a small grocery shop, a gold store, and a thai restaurant .. the owner is awesome .. he always give me freebie b/c i go there too often and when i visit, i buy tons of lakorns LOL ..

the reason why i say he does it is b/c he mentioned that they can do subtitle per request but it'll cost more money.

some landmark i recalled are :
1. it locate in the same block next to a fast food store -- probably burger king
2. across the street is the Hmong book store
3. it front of it have some sort of monument thing .. ceramic glass chimney like LOl ..
4. there's a bus stop at the end of the corner too.
5. LEE'S VIDEO store used to be locate next to this store

nophankh

sarNie Adult
It's doesn't take that long to sub if you just do it on subtitle workshop, translate as you time. IT took me 6 hrs or maybe less to translate Dum Kham ep 8.

I was helping Kob fansubbers time for Silamanee ep 11 using their translations, I just got done. It took like 10+ hrs. Timing is a bitch!!!

judanzea

sarNie Egg
lol @ fever comment.... Yeah, you could say my whole family is into Korean, Taiwanese and Filipino dramas and movies... They haven't heard of lakorns yet. I'm pretty sure they will soon... but my sis and I want to keep it to ourselves for now. I have bought the copyrighted versions of several Korean dramas and movies from stores. It cost me quite a some of money but it is worth having it. Now, my DVD's are being circulated within the family. My aunts bought the dramas they were interested in and we lend our DVD's to each other. My mom and aunts do not like sitting in front of a laptop watching a long series, so they prefer spending money buying the DVD's rather than straining their eyes. I'm not as picky as them, but once I like a drama or movie I do want to buy them to add to my growing collection. I wasn't really into lakorns as my sister, but King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng has really got me hooked. It's the only one I really like of all the lakorns I have seen so far, and the only one I want to buy. I was looking to buy it online, but I couldn't find any website that is selling the whole DVD set of King Gor Rah Kah Gor Raeng with English subs. I don't know why, but it seems as if lakorns are not as popular as Korean dramas. Korean dramas I can just google, and immediately find several legal websites selling a whole assortment of K-dramas with english subtitles. Can anyone explain why?