Life in your hands (Sila and Minta)

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Chapter 3

Sila impatiently looked at his watch. He has never like picking anyone up at the airport but since he had promised Lana a while ago that he would, he kept his words. He might be a lot of things, but one thing had been instilled in him, a man is as good as his words.

He looked around at the people hurrying themselves either to get home or rushing to catch their flight. He noticed a few couples that displayed such affection for a returning loved one, while he wished Lana would stay where she’s at forever. She doesn’t know that he had found out while she was away, but Sila would find out the truth to anything if he wanted to know badly enough.

He watched the crowed once more coming and going from different directions before lifting his eyes and spotted Lana waving her arm up to signaled that she had saw him. And there stood the truth that what they once had pretty much vanished between the miles.

She made her way to him as some onlookers watched her with envy. Lana is a beautiful girl, all the curves in the right places, with long straight hair reaching her waist accompanied by round eyes and almost a heart shape lips, any man would be proud and boastful to have someone like her next to him. But Sila wasn’t that man, beauty without heart was no beauty at all.

“Sila…I missed you.” Lana threw herself at him and hugged him tightly.

Once her voice was a sweet sound in his ears now it’s like nails running across a chalkboard.

“Did you miss me?”

Sila pulled her of off him and gave her not a missing look but one Lana didn’t quite understand. Her smiled subsided and was replaced with confusion. “Why aren’t you happy to see me?” Her voice laced with nervousness and something else she isn’t willing to admit.

“Let’s get your luggage and go home.” Sila didn’t wait for her but walked off to the luggage section leaving her standing there wanting to scream but couldn’t.

She quietly followed him to his car knowing whatever questions or conversation she wanted was going to have to wait for its own time. If he’s acting like she’s no more than a mere individual he knows, she was likely not getting anything from him. Lana slid inside the car watching Sila from the corner of her eyes. This is not exactly what she thought of when she came home. But it’s what given to her by Sila, her boyfriend of almost a year. She nervously looked out the window.

Sila saw her eyes movements but was not in a hurry to break the cold silent. She wanted to play her games then so be it. He wasn’t going to deny her of such a thing.

“Sila, I’m sorry I didn’t make it to your dad’s funeral.” Maybe if she sounded sincere enough for missing out on it, he’ll forgive her if that’s the cause of his attitude.

“No worry.”

And Lana knew that was the nail in the coffin. If one thing she knows of Sila, it’s those short answers. Once he started with them that was a sign he was done with the entire conversation. Feeling like she came to a dead end, Lana remained quiet for the rest of the ride home.

She was starting to feel a little relief when they pulled into her driveway, but when Sila got out the car leaving her sitting there by herself, her mind began to race once more. She watched as he took her luggage out the trunk with more force than necessary.

“Do you want to come in for a bit?” She was hoping he would meet her halfway and say yes but her optimism was short lived.

“No, I have too much work to do.”

Sila left without so much as a good bye much less a hug. She was angry at him for being so heartless to her on her fist day back home. She wanted to know why he is treating her this way, but her heart was fearful to know the answer. She looked at her luggage, with enough anger to go around for a few days, she yanked it and dragged them all the way inside the house.

********************​

“Have a good day at school, I am going to venture out and try to find a job today,” Minta smiled and gave a quick kiss on her brother’s cheek. “Wish me luck,” She reached out to mess with his hair.

Nat playfully brushed her hand away. “Good luck, don’t settle for less.” He rushed out the door.

She wanted to laugh at her brother for being a kid with high expectation, she just wanted something even if it pays slightly less than what she used to make at her old job, at this point she’ll accept it until she finds something better.

“I am leaving Auntie.” Minta yelled out and grabbed her purse and once again look at her watch.

“May luck follow you today.” Milan shouted. “I hope to hear some good news by dinner time.”

“Thank you, I will need it,” Minta puts on her shoes, locking the door she sighed when looking at her car. “I will fix you up, little bug once I save enough money.” Saying a little prayer, she smiled with hope that things are going to turn out just fine but when she tried starting the car it refused to start, grabbing the steering wheel she gently banged her head against it. “Goodness, don’t do this to me, not today.” Once again, she started the car only for it to give her a sound like it’s dying. “Ok, look, I promise I will get you fix, just hang on for a little longer….please.” She sounded so pitiful begging her car to work. But at this point she’s about to do whatever it takes to get it hitting the road.

Minta leaned against the seat, giving herself a few extra minutes to calm nerves down, gathering herself she sat up straight and gave half a smile and tried again. Her heart almost stops but finally with enough persistent her car came to life. “I know it, you would not let me down,” She kissed the steering wheel and started her day by knocking down a trash can on her way out.

Minta’s first place was a recommendation by an old co-worker. It went as good as she had hoped. They said, they would give her call but that line is tricky. It could go both ways. They say it to just be polite and never call or they would in a few days. She will have to hope for the best. It’s the only choice she has. Expecting the worst has been so normal in her life, there’s no cost in expecting the best from now on. Walking slowly to her car she noticed a construction worker on a ladder with another man looking on from below instructing him on how to fix a sign on the building. She could not read the name of the company as a few letters were missing, but what does it matter. It looked like a promising place. Would it hurt to just go in and drop off a resume since she’s already standing in front of it? Minta refusing to believe she can’t find anything decided it’s better to take a chance than to have that chance slip away. She opened the door and right away there sits the receptionist.

Minta handed her resume to the receptionist, as she was standing there waiting for her resume to be looked over she thought of a couple of questions to ask but when she looked up she saw a man walking straight towards them as their eyes slowly met she couldn’t believe it, it can’t be it just can’t be but the closer the figure got to her she knew it was no other than Sila.

The way he walked with a straight back giving out the notion that the world is his and everyone else is just visiting. Each step he took was careful and authoritative, and a vibe that he’s a man that knows what he wants and everybody else be damn. He came to a stop but didn’t look at her initially, almost not believing it’s Minta standing in front of him. He averted his eyes to something above her head but once it came back to her, the deepness of his stare made her feel like she doesn’t belong in the same space he occupied.

“What is it?” He asked his receptionist, but his eyes never left Minta.

“This young lady here is dropping off her resume…” The receptionist opened her mouth to say something else but Sila took the resume from her hand and without so much a sound from him threw it in the trash.

Minta and the receptionist almost gave out the same look, speechless.

“Sir…”

“We don’t have any opening right now.” Sila said it in such a tone that leaves no room for any argument. All the while, he intensely stared at Minta. His mouth may have moved but his eyes were fixated on her.

Minta stood there not able to move partly because she couldn’t believe what she had just witnessed, she stared at him with confused eyes but there’s no mistake anger quickly overshadowed every other emotion, lowering her eyes to the trash can that her resume seemed to bury itself in, she had never met anyone as callous and cruel like the man that’s standing in front of her. Does he know that finding a job to her is basically her livelihood, that her brother depends on it, but looking at him she has no doubt he doesn’t realized the importance of a job that he deemed as nothing. His world is set, anything he wants is at his fingertips while she struggled just to buy a new part for her old car that’s barely running. She pulled herself from the corner of the desk and walked over to the trash can.

She paused as Sila refused to get out of the way, but she was going to retrieve her resume back whether he likes it or not. She looked at him, wondering if he was going to move but there’s no indication he was going to do as such, he stood there like he has all day and looked down at her.

If he wanted to make it hard that’s up to him. Minta nudged her way through causing him to take a small step backward. She didn’t realize just how close she is to him. But being close to Sila is the least of her problem, she could have stepped on him to get to her resume for all she cares, bending down she reached into the trash can when her eyes accidentally locked with the receptionist and she froze. The way the older woman looked at her, it was with such overwhelming sympathy. Like a mother seeing her kid gets hurt and in a lot of pain, but there’s nothing she could do to help.

Minta closed her eyes before opening them, briefly looking at her resume she took a deep breath and righted herself. Standing up straight she brushed past Sila without any acknowledgement, taking a few purposeful steps she stopped in her track, as her hands started to slightly shake from different feelings all tangled up at once. Counting to three silently, she grabbed the strap of her purse to steady them. Minta smiled bitterly and with calmness she walked over to where Sila still standing like a statue. And it made her angrier with each step she took.

This must be the beginning that she was wondering about. He’s determined to ruin her life, not because it’s something that she has done, but because she’s guilty by association. She found those cold eyes that seemed to see through anyone’s soul if they are not careful. But she was never one afraid of what others will do to her, if she’s innocent. He wanted to go battle with her, then she will see to it that she at least won’t go down without a fight.

“Is this your way of getting back at me?”

Sila didn’t answer but got the nerve to look at her like he has no idea what she’s talking about.

“Do you know how important a job is to me?” Minta quickly went on. “You think it’s funny playing with people’s lives because you have the power to do so. I hope that one day, you will never have to feel what it’s like having to desperately search for a job just so you can pay your bills or to pay for your brother’s medications.” Minta fought back the tears that’s threatened to spill over. She would never give Sila the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

She watched Sila’s feet moved forward but stopped when he saw her stepped to the side.

“Are we done here?”

Minta swallowed her anger, if she thought her purse was in any way helpful in hurting him, she would have given it a good swing right about now, instead she turned to the receptionist that’s trying so hard not to pay attention to what’s going on. “Thank you for your time, but it’s a mistake for me to come here,” She threw a quick glanced at Sila. “It would never work out anyway,” Minta turned around and walked out with her head held high but she could feel Sila’s eyes following her every step.

Sila watched as Minta once again walked away from him without so much a glance back. This has become the norm and he’s not liking it. She managed to say a few parting words at him, holding his tongue wasn’t an easy thing to do but he knew once he starts it wasn’t beneficial to any of them, particularly him at the workplace.

He turned around and looked at her resume his eyebrows came together briefly but returned to normal once his thinking was done and over with. He slightly bent down and pulled her resume out of the trash can, folding it into a small piece of paper he shoved it in his suit pocket.

“Consider this never happen.”

The receptionist nodded as she watched her boss walked away and wonder to herself what is the relationship between them. But as much as she felt sorry for the young lady, there was not much she could do to help, sighing away to nothing in specific she returned to her work.

The moment Minta made it past the door she wanted to scream, out of all the places she decided to stop why does it has to be his? If she only knew, she could have saved herself one miserable encounter from a man that has been nothing but bad luck. Minta walked over to her car, leaning against it she thought of where to go next. She looked outward, but the sun was rushing towards her eyes.

“It’s quite hot and half a day is gone.” She mumbled to herself, Minta looked at her watch. “I probably can get to a couple of more places and that’s it.”

She stood there thinking when something came to her causing her to lift her head up and smiled in a way that took one person that’s been watching her from his window by surprise.

Sila has been watching her for almost as long as she has been standing there, with a cup of coffee in hand, sipping it slowly he concentrated on her. He observed the way she stood thinking to herself. He has never met anyone quite like her, where her convictions are as strong as he has ever seen in a person. Once she thinks, what she’s about to do is right, she’ll die trying to fight for it. Her courage is probably bigger than the size of her body. As he attempted to take another sip, her next movement cause him to temporary stopped before the warm liquid touched his lips. Her smile that pretty much light up her entire face came about when he least expected it. How can a person that is struggling to find a job have such an optimistic smile? It was so pure and almost a childlike smile with all its innocent flashed so beautifully. His fingers tightened around the cup, but his eyes never once left her. He continued to watch the way she pulled herself away from the car, he expected her to just get inside and drove off instead she opened the door and threw what she was holding in her hands inside it, in its place was a pair of sneakers.

Sila’s eyes questioned her actions briefly but came back to its normal form when it saw that she quickly changed shoes. He noticed what to be a knowing smile as she hurriedly made her way to wherever those shoes will take her, finishing his coffee Sila knew exactly what he wanted to do with her but succeeding it will take careful planning. But no one has ever said he has no patient in getting what he wants, if it’s something he truly want, he has a lifetime to wait. He set the now empty cup of coffee down and walked over to his desk, taking an image of a girl that has no idea what’s about to happen, a girl with a smile that seemed to contradict her daily struggles and one that Sila vowed to forever have her life change.
This is good.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
No please, don’t write anything else, just finish this one faster please :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
:) there are some stories I write and keep it to myself.

Anyway, you asked about chapter 4...well I did finished it and went back to correct some things and found it to be gone. I thought I saved it on my disk before I clicked off but I guessed I didn't :( I should able to update soon because there are a few key points to that chapter I remembered and I'm just going to based it off on that. I was so frustrated all that work and didn't even save it.

anniem

sarNie Adult
:) there are some stories I write and keep it to myself.

Anyway, you asked about chapter 4...well I did finished it and went back to correct some things and found it to be gone. I thought I saved it on my disk before I clicked off but I guessed I didn't :( I should able to update soon because there are a few key points to that chapter I remembered and I'm just going to based it off on that. I was so frustrated all that work and didn't even save it.
How sad!!! Hehehehe, you seem to be very creative, I’m sure you can get the ep4 even better than the lost one just like HJS 2019 is better than the old version hehehehe.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 4

Minta kept on glancing at her watch, the night seemed to settle in faster than she thought but she couldn’t really blame it on that it was her fault she had lost track of time. She knew her Aunt and Nat is worried sick out of their minds that it’s past dinner and the fact her phone is dead there’s no way they could get a hold of her, stepping on the gas she’s hoping her car would go faster than a turtle trying to get to the finish line, but Minta knew when to push her luck and today was not one of them.

Her heart began to race slightly knowing if it stopped, she was in deep trouble. She looked around and found herself not far away from home, but it was still a good four miles where the short distance made a difference from her being safe and her getting robbed.

“Come on, don’t give up now,” Minta said anxiously but decided to pull over and parked on the side of the street. She stepped on the gas one more time just to see and her car decided it had enough and died on her for good. “Great, just what I needed.”

She looked around nervously and shivered, she has no desire to get out the car, but she knew sitting inside was just as dangerous. In the dark night she found not one soul just some abandon buildings and a few houses that’s in unlivable conditions, grabbing her purse she made a choice to get out and walk.

She closed the car door quietly trying to make as little noise as possible, quickened her steps she kept walking trying not to draw attention to herself, but an uneasy feeling kept on creeping up on her. She almost broke into a run when out of nowhere three men appeared in front of her, trying to ignore them she attempted to walk away but they seemed to have other ideas as they blocked her in.

Minta backed away clutching her purse until she hits a wall telling her there’s nowhere else to go. She looked at each one of them carefully and noticed two of the three men showed some unbalanced, they were perhaps a little drunk or a lot more.

The middle one smallest in size seemed to be the overly drunk one when he couldn’t get his feet to stay steady swaying left and right. Wonderful, she thought. Not only did she not find a job, but she had to deal with some drunks. The other two looked roughed up, one with a beard and hair long past his shoulders and the last man was a bit taller and younger but that’s about all that separate them.

“Hey cutie where are you heading to?” The smaller man attempted to be charming but all it did was reveal his alcohol breath on her.

Minta didn’t answer but her head is racing with all type of scenarios as to what to do so she can escape without any harm done to her. But as her eyes darted to the streets and back to them, she simply doesn’t have any good options. She can’t outrun them nor can she physically challenge them.

The smaller one decided to take the first step in getting to her, she tried pushing him away but all she got was a loud laughter from them at the same time. “Come on, stop and have some fun with us.”

The smaller one that she tried to push away came back closer to her again. His breaths are starting to make her dizzy. She turned to the left and another one appeared next to her. She turned to the right and the other one has his arms opened trapping her in.

“What do you guys want? I don’t have a single dime on me,” Even before those words left her mouth, she knew it was not money they are after.

“We don’t want money all we want is you,” This time the one with the beard said it with a hint of excitement.

They don’t have to touch her, yet she felt disgusted already. The alcohol and a mixture of body odor almost made her gag. She thought she has a strong stomach, but she was wrong after standing in front of these men. One yanked her from the wall by the arm and started to pull on her clothes and walked in circles around her.

“We are going to have some fun tonight aren’t we guys?” One of them said and started to laugh.

The small one once again made the first move, reaching out to touch her chin he tilted it his way. “Even in the dark you look good imagine how you look during the daytime.”

Minta fought the nausea that’s rushing to her in full force, swallowing hard she kept it at bay.

“Don’t you think we should hurry up and get on with our plan?” The young one said impatiently.

“Leave me alone, I am warning you!”

“Why what are you going to do to us, send your mom?” They all laughed wholeheartedly at their own joke.

“You don’t want to know the person I’m sending because he can take all of you idiots out,” Minta wasn’t sure of that person’s identity and was just bluffing her way out but stalling them seemed to give her a chance to think of what to do next. What was there to lose? Wait and let them take advantage of her?

“And who is this person that you said can beat us all? Call him now, call him so we can take care of him," The taller one that seemed to be a bit more alert than the rest seemed to salivate in the thought.

She had to make her move as the three men are starting to get anxious. One was licking his lips as if she’s a piece of meat he’s ready to eat, kicking the smaller man she was able to run a few feet from them but that was as far as she got when she felt a hand grabbing the back of her shirt and yanked her against the wall, this time her head hits it with enough force causing her to see a few stars. She held steady and tried to catch her breath but then it got caught somewhere between her throat and her heart when one of the men yanked on her sleeve so hard it ripped.

Minta started to scream and kicked them but she knew no matter how hard she tried there was no way she could overpower three men. As they began to touch her hair, and one tried to yank on her other sleeve a car started to blink the headlights on them. It was bright for a few seconds then it went dark again. The three men momentarily paused trying to make out the figure walking up to them.

“If I were you guy, I would leave her alone.”

“Who are you?” One of the men asked.

“I told you I would send someone to take all you losers out," Minta said proudly at first only to paused herself trying to remember that voice. It was familiar yet in her state of mind, she simply couldn’t match the voice to the person.

But as she watched the figure walked closer to them, she couldn’t believe her eyes. Sila, what is he doing here? But that’s a question for another day because she’s willing to take whatever help she could get. Minta wasn’t sure what to expect but the closer he got she knew something dangerous is brewing in him. His eyes maybe overshadowed by the night that does not however make it less intimidating.

Sila stepped into what little light shine from above the building. He slowly rolled his sleeves up, pretty much taking his time like he’s doing so to wash his hands.

“Leave us alone, this girl belongs to us!” The small one shouted as the other two still holding onto Minta.

“I would not use the word “belong” too loosely if I were you scumbags. I have more rights to her than all you three combined,” Sila sounded too factual it made Minta blinked in genuine surprise. When exactly did he came up with the conclusion that he has any more rights to her than these three stooges?

“You don’t know who you are dealing with, there are three of us!” One shouted.

The taller one bends down to pick up a metal pipe, while the one with the beard found a bear bottle leaving the smallest one of the three pulling a knife from the back of his shirt. Minta swallowed hard, what if he was drunk out of his mind and decided to use the knife on her? What are the chances she was able to break free from them? And if she didn’t what would have been the consequences of her being at the wrong place at the wrong time? The answer she didn’t want to know.

Minta noticed the men had took their attention away from her, and the way Sila looked at her to make a move. She maybe a little scared but she’s not stupid to not know temporarily which side she’s on. She kicked one guy in the leg and pushed the smaller one as he went forward almost landing right into Sila. He took that chance to lay a powerful punch squarely in his face and the drunk went out cold lying on the ground with his knife right beside him.

As the other two men came charging towards Sila, another person stepped out and stood folding his arms next to him. Minta couldn’t believe her eyes because she has no idea how any of Sila’s men managed to move around without a single sound or anyone noticing them.

“As you guys can see, I tend to not travel alone,” Sila slowly bend down to pick the knife up and before standing up straight kicked the unconscious guy roughly to make sure he stays out cold.

The two men drop their weapons and stepped back. “Look man, we are just kidding. You can have her we have not done anything to her. Have all the fun,” They took off running.

Without saying a word Sila’s man rolled the unconscious body away, brushing his hand he turned to his boss, all it took was a little nod from Sila towards the two men that ran and stumbled along the way, he took off after them in his black suit blending in with the night.

Sila walked over to Minta with the knife in hand. She looked at him and tried to pull her sleeve up but who is she kidding she doesn’t have the ability to put it back together, giving up she dropped the sleeve and watched it hung from her arm almost hitting the ground, making it a reminder just how low things have gotten for her at this point.

“You like roaming the street at night?” He asked blankly.

“Yes, I’m a street girl, that’s my side job," The urge to roll her eyes at his comment was so great. It seemed when it comes to her, he has made up his mind.

For a moment she forgot he still has the knife dangling in his hand. Sila got closer and lifted the knife to her. “I’m not the type that likes to show off a weapon and not use it,” He eyed the knife viciously.

She attempted to move away but once again, the wall became her reality. “What are you planning to do?”

“You do the math, in the dark with the daughter of the person that murdered my father. This knife can be very useful at this very moment,” His looks are getting more daring.

“So, I’m trying to get away from three drunk men and run into the mouth of an Alligator?” Minta tried to make a run for it but Sila grabbed her by the arm and swings her back against the wall, finding herself facing with the sharp edge of the knife she remained still.

“I should finish you, give me one good reason not to kill you,” He slowly traced the edge of the knife all the while Minta hoped he’ll cut himself and bleed to death.

“I have no reason…no reason at all.” Minta closed her eyes and clenched her fists as tightly as possible but what she miscalculated was the nearness of the knife to her face. She leaned in ever so slightly, but it was enough for the tip of the knife to prick her cheek, gritting her teeth she suppressed the sound that’s threatened to escape her lips.

Sila punched the wall and leaned in so close she can feel his breath on her face. If she opened her eyes and move, any kind of movement at all, their lips would have touched.

“You are very stupid, don’t ever provoke me and play brave in the worst way possible. You look too pathetic for me to kill you right now.”

Minta unclenched her fists as she slowly opened her eyes only to find Sila’s face literally touching hers. The softness of his breath along with his cologne, that she can’t make sense of its smell is making her breathing a little difficult. She looked into his eyes but whatever it was she wanted to see, Sila didn’t afford her that opportunity because he voids any display of emotions in them.

“I have never use a knife to kill a girl before don’t make yourself be the first one,” He whispered in her ear.

Minta’s heart started to beat so fast, it’s the soft whisper along with the warmth of his breath that made her reaction so strong, it also doesn’t help where the space between them is nonexistence, without any notice he turned away as his lips accidentally brushed her cheek. If his whisper made her heart beats fast the brushed of his lips on her skin made her confused. She couldn’t understand why she’s reacting in such a way. Why would a touched be it unintentional from a man that’s out to ruin her life cause her to feel anything? The coldness in his attitude should be a reminder that he’s not capable of any feelings other than revenge, lowering her eyes to the ground, she felt stupid.

Sila pulled away from her unexpectedly and threw the knife to the ground. He looked at her up and down closely taking notes of her appearance. Her hair is halfway tied with some parts hanging loosely around her face. He watched as she lifted her head and seemed to be done with whatever she was thinking. Her eyes lingered on his face asking him a bunch of questions some he knew she would not like the answer to. Her small body frame made her looked out of place and vulnerable with her blouse neatly tucked on one side while the other is hanging halfway down to her knees. His eyes quickly went from one sleeve to the other, she looked a complete mess. One side of the sleeve is almost gone, the only thing that’s keeping it in place is a couple of buttons around her wrist while the other side is doing its best to come apart. He turned to her face that seemed to want to be anywhere but standing in front of him. She looked somewhat dejected but hasn’t fully given up.

If only…

Whatever the thought his mind is trying to entertain itself with Sila forcefully pushed it so far back that there’s not another chance it would resurface again, without uttering a word he reached out and yanked on the sleeve that was already torn and pulled it off her arm and threw it next to the knife. Before any words left her mouth he grabbed her other arm and held it tight ripping the sleeve off, just like the first it found a spot next to the knife, her struggle with him was in vain because her determination to stop him wasn’t a match to his wanting to get rid of her sleeves.

“What the hell are you doing?” She pushed at him to get further away from her.

“What am I doing?” He eyed her up and down then stepped closer acting like there’s enough room for him to do so to begin with. “You’ll soon find out," He lifted her chin up and made her look at him.

Minta tried to push his hand away only for him to held onto her chin tighter. Her eyes almost dared him to go on with his plans but blinked it away when she thought of her brother. She closed her eyes the moment she felt a curse inching up to the top of her lips.

Bastard, she heard her thought silently yelled out anyway.

“There’s nowhere for you to hide once I come for you,” He traced the outline of her jaw. “It’s not hard to trap you.”

Minta could hear her heart beating, looking at him with more awareness she knew he has the power and wealth to destroy many people like her ten times over but that doesn’t make it right. What has she done to him? Nothing that warrant this kind of treatment. Seeing that whatever she thought wouldn’t make any difference, Minta suddenly found herself exhausted by everything that’s happening to her, tilting her head she leaned in closer to him.

But Sila was not one to play by anyone’s rule or time but his own. He can see through what she was doing, those eyes maybe tired but behind them buried a hint of defiant.

“You won’t win.”

“Try me.”

A smiled so subtle crossed his lips even Minta didn’t recognized it as one.

“You are nothing but a girl that has no resources to go up against me.”

Minta didn’t think hard enough when she leaned in closer to him because without any effort, he traced her lower lip with his thumb causing her to widen her eyes not by surprise but by the sheer stupidity of her thoughtlessness. Once his thumb reached the center he paused and pressed it to her lips.

“I hate you,” She heard herself say, the words barely made any sense between his thumb, but it was enough for Sila to understand every word.

“The feeling is mutual.”

Brushing his hand away Minta looked at the knife and thoughts were dancing around in that tired mind of hers. What if she picks it up and stab him with it, what if that one stab will kill him then she would not have to ever deal with a man name Sila again, her heart sank somewhat when she thought of going to jail for killing someone. But what if….

“Do you love your brother?”

The one question that brought her back to him and a chilling effect like a bucket of ice water was just thrown in her face. What does her brother have anything to do with them? Minta searched his eyes but he gave nothing away. A simple question she’s sure as the sun will set has a meaning, one she already knew the significant of it. If Sila thinks he’ll drag her brother into this mess, then he’s sadly mistaken. Because Nat is the one person, she’ll walk to the end of the earth for to protect. Sila or not, no one gets to hurt him.

Sila found what he was looking for in that one question, taking a few steps he turned from her. “I have enough of you for tonight, now get going before I changed my mind about hurting you.”

That was a simple dismissal but not after mentioning her brother he can’t disregard her that easily. “I don’t care what you do to me, but you better leave my brother alone. He is a kid, innocent one that has nothing to do with any of this," The anger at the mere mentioned of her brother gave enough life to her exhausted self.

With his back still turned to her, he offers no reply but watched her from the corner of his eyes.

“You are a monster if you think you can go around hurting people as you please," If he doesn’t like what she has to say, well, then that’s too bad.

And he didn’t.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the wall, her feet got tangled up with each other briefly before she righted herself doing all she could not to fall or stumbled into him.

“You have not seen anything yet.”

Minta doesn’t have to look him in the eyes to know that’s as close as a promise. But she refused to play victim because she’s not one. She is not going to pay the price for something her dad has done no matter how much he wanted it to be so.

And Sila be damn for thinking he was going to get his way with her.

“You come after me, you’ll be sorry.”

Her words were probably just that because she saw an uptick at the corner of his lips, exactly what is she going to do to him when she can’t even fight one drunk man of off her?

“You think you have what it takes?” A little sound so faint of a laugh escaped his lips. “I would like to see you try, just how far your tiny body will take you," Mockingly Sila reached up to brush her hair from her face and a gesture she always thought as romantic became no more. “You wouldn’t last the first round with me," He said taking a few strands between his fingers before letting it go.

She knew the playing field was not even, even a blind person can sense it, but does it make it right for him to lash out at her whenever he feels like it? What makes his feelings more important than hers? Trying to put some gap between them she pushed on his chest without any success, she stood there craning her neck to measure up to him instead.

“I am not your punching bag if you think I am going to lay down so you can walk all over me then you are gravely mistaken. I don’t owe you anything now or in the future.”

Sila shoved her to the side, turning his back on her he took a couple steps, “I am going to count to three and I want you to leave before it gets to four.”

Minta stood there rooted to the ground.

“One,” Sila’s voice softened.

“Two,” And it grew softer as the counting continued.

“Now!”

The yell woke her up from within as she bent down to pick up her purse and ran off. Sila watched Minta ran, her tiny self comes and go with the night. His eyes narrowed watching her little by little until she became one with the dark night and vanished altogether.

Last edited:

xdanavelvetx

sarNie Adult
Chapter 4

Minta kept on glancing at her watch, the night seemed to settle in faster than she thought but she couldn’t really blame it on that it was her fault she had lost track of time. She knew her Aunt and Nat is worried sick out of their minds that it’s past dinner and the fact her phone is dead there’s no way they could get a hold of her, stepping on the gas she’s hoping her car would go faster than a turtle trying to get to the finish line, but Minta knew when to push her luck and today was not one of them.

Her heart began to race slightly knowing if it stopped, she was in deep trouble. She looked around and found herself not far away from home, but it was still a good four miles where the short distance made a difference from her being safe and her getting robbed.

“Come on, don’t give up now.” Minta said anxiously but decided to pull over and parked on the side of the street. She stepped on the gas one more time just to see and her car decided it had enough and died on her for good. “Great, just what I needed.”

She looked around nervously and shivered, she has no desire to get out the car, but she knew sitting inside was just as dangerous. In the dark night she found not one soul just some abandon buildings and a few houses that’s in unlivable conditions, grabbing her purse she made a choice to get out and walk.

She closed the car door quietly trying to make as little noise as possible, quickened her steps she kept walking trying not to draw attention to herself, but an uneasy feeling kept on creeping up on her. She almost broke into a run when out of nowhere three men appeared in front of her, trying to ignore them she attempted to walk away but they seemed to have other ideas as they blocked her in.

Minta backed away clutching her purse until she hits a wall telling her there’s nowhere else to go. She looked at each one of them carefully and noticed two of the three men showed some unbalanced, they were perhaps a little drunk or a lot more.

The middle one smallest in size seemed to be the overly drunk one when he couldn’t get his feet to stay steady swaying left and right. Wonderful, she thought. Not only did she not find a job, but she had to deal with some drunks. The other two looked roughed up, one with a beard and hair long past his shoulders and the last man was a bit taller and younger but that’s about all that separate them.

“Hey cutie where are you heading to?” The smaller man attempted to be charming but all it did was reveal his alcohol breath on her.

Minta didn’t answer but her head is racing with all type of scenarios as to what to do so she can escape without any harm done to her. But as her eyes darted to the streets and back to them, she simply doesn’t have any good options. She can’t outrun them nor can she physically challenge them.

The smaller one decided to take the first step in getting to her, she tried pushing him away but all she got was a loud laughter from them at the same time. “Come on, stop and have some fun with us.”

The smaller one that she tried to push away came back closer to her again. His breaths are starting to make her dizzy. She turned to the left and another one appeared next to her. She turned to the right and the other one has his arms opened trapping her in.

“What do you guys want? I don’t have a single dime on me,” Even before those words left her mouth, she knew it was not money they are after.

“We don’t want money all we want is you,” This time the one with the beard said it with a hint of excitement.

They don’t have to touch her, yet she felt disgusted already. The alcohol and a mixture of body odor almost made her gag. She thought she has a strong stomach, but she was wrong after standing in front of these men. One yanked her from the wall by the arm and started to pull on her clothes and walked in circles around her.

“We are going to have some fun tonight aren’t we guys?” One of them said and started to laugh.

The small one once again made the first move, reaching out to touch her chin he tilted it his way. “Even in the dark you look good imagine how you look during the daytime.”

Minta fought the nausea that’s rushing to her in full force, swallowing hard she kept it at bay.

“Don’t you think we should hurry up and get on with our plan?” The young one said impatiently.

“Why what are you going to do to us, send your mom?” They all laughed wholeheartedly at their own joke.

“You don’t want to know the person I’m sending because he can take all of you idiots out.” Minta wasn’t sure of that person’s identity and was just bluffing her way out but stalling them seemed to give her a chance to think of what to do next. What was there to lose? Wait and let them take advantage of her?

“And who is this person that you said can beat us all? Call him now, call him so we can take care of him.” The taller one that seemed to be a bit more alert than the rest seemed to salivate in the thought.

She had to make her move as the three men are starting to get anxious. One was licking his lips as if she’s a piece of meat he’s ready to eat, kicking the smaller man she was able to run a few feet from them but that was as far as she got when she felt a hand grabbing the back of her shirt and yanked her against the wall, this time her head hits it with enough force causing her to see a few stars. She held steady and tried to catch her breath but then it got caught somewhere between her throat and her heart when one of the men yanked on her sleeve so hard it ripped.

Minta started to scream and kicked them but she knew no matter how hard she tried there was no way she could overpower three men. As they began to touch her hair, and one tried to yank on her other sleeve a car started to blink the headlights on them. It was bright for a few seconds then it went dark again. The three men momentarily paused trying to make out the figure walking up to them.

“I told you I would send someone to take all you losers out.” Minta said proudly at first only to paused herself trying to remember that voice. It was familiar yet in her state of mind, she simply couldn’t match the voice to the person.

But as she watched the figure walked closer to them, she couldn’t believe her eyes. Sila, what is he doing here? But that’s a question for another day because she’s willing to take whatever help she could get. Minta wasn’t sure what to expect but the closer he got she knew something dangerous is brewing in him. His eyes maybe overshadowed by the night that does not however make it less intimidating.

Sila stepped into what little light shine from above the building. He slowly rolled his sleeves up, pretty much taking his time like he’s doing so to wash his hands.

“Leave us alone, this girl belongs to us!” The small one shouted as the other two still holding onto Minta.

“I would not use the word “belong” too loosely if I were you scumbags. I have more rights to her than all you three combined,” Sila sounded too factual it made Minta blinked in genuine surprise. When exactly did he came up with the conclusion that he has any more rights to her than these three stooges?

The taller one bends down to pick up a metal pipe, while the one with the beard found a bear bottle leaving the smallest one of the three pulling a knife from the back of his shirt. Minta swallowed hard, what if he was drunk out of his mind and decided to use the knife on her? What are the chances she was able to break free from them? And if she didn’t what would have been the consequences of her being at the wrong place at the wrong time? The answer she didn’t want to know.

Minta noticed the men had took their attention away from her, and the way Sila looked at her to make a move. She maybe a little scared but she’s not stupid to not know temporarily which side she’s on. She kicked one guy in the leg and pushed the smaller one as he went forward almost landing right into Sila. He took that chance to lay a powerful punch squarely in his face and the drunk went out cold lying on the ground with his knife right beside him.

As the other two men came charging towards Sila, another person stepped out and stood folding his arms next to him. Minta couldn’t believe her eyes because she has no idea how any of Sila’s men managed to move around without a single sound or anyone noticing them.

“As you guys can see, I tend to not travel alone,” Sila slowly bend down to pick the knife up and before standing up straight kicked the unconscious guy roughly to make sure he stays out cold.

The two men drop their weapons and stepped back. “Look man, we are just kidding. You can have her we have not done anything to her. Have all the fun.” They took off running.

Without saying a word Sila’s man rolled the unconscious body away, brushing his hand he turned to his boss, all it took was a little nod from Sila towards the two men that ran and stumbled along the way, he took off after them in his black suit blending in with the night.

Sila walked over to Minta with the knife in hand. She looked at him and tried to pull her sleeve up but who is she kidding she doesn’t have the ability to put it back together, giving up she dropped the sleeve and watched it hung from her arm almost hitting the ground, making it a reminder just how low things have gotten for her at this point.

“Yes, I’m a street girl, that’s my side job.” The urge to roll her eyes at his comment was so great. It seemed when it comes to her, he has made up his mind.

For a moment she forgot he still has the knife dangling in his hand. Sila got closer and lifted the knife to her. “I’m not the type that likes to show off a weapon and not use it,” He eyed the knife viciously.

She attempted to move away but once again, the wall became her reality. “What are you planning to do?”

“You do the math, in the dark with the daughter of the person that murdered my father. This knife can be very useful at this very moment,” His looks are getting more daring.

“So, I’m trying to get away from three drunk men and run into the mouth of an Alligator?” Minta tried to make a run for it but Sila grabbed her by the arm and swings her back against the wall, finding herself facing with the sharp edge of the knife she remained still.

“I should finish you, give me one good reason not to kill you,” He slowly traced the edge of the knife all the while Minta hoped he’ll cut himself and bleed to death.

“I have no reason…no reason at all.” Minta closed her eyes and clenched her fists as tightly as possible but what she miscalculated was the nearness of the knife to her face. She leaned in ever so slightly, but it was enough for the tip of the knife to prick her cheek, gritting her teeth she suppressed the sound that’s threatened to escape her lips.

Sila punched the wall and leaned in so close she can feel his breath on her face. If she opened her eyes and move, any kind of movement at all, their lips would have touched.

“You are very stupid, don’t ever provoke me and play brave in the worst way possible. You look too pathetic for me to kill you right now.”

Minta unclenched her fists as she slowly opened her eyes only to find Sila’s face literally touching hers. The softness of his breath along with his cologne, that she can’t make sense of its smell is making her breathing a little difficult. She looked into his eyes but whatever it was she wanted to see, Sila didn’t afford her that opportunity because he voids any display of emotions in them.

“I have never use a knife to kill a girl before don’t make yourself be the first one.” He whispered in her ear.

Minta’s heart started to beat so fast, it’s the soft whisper along with the warmth of his breath that made her reaction so strong, it also doesn’t help where the space between is nonexistence, without any notice he turned away as his lips accidentally brushed her cheek. If his whisper made her heart beats fast the brushed of his lips on her skin made her confused. She couldn’t understand why she’s reacting in such a way. Why would a touched be it unintentional from a man that’s out to ruin her life cause her to feel anything? The coldness in his attitude should be a reminder that he’s not capable of any feelings other than revenge, lowering her eyes to the ground, she felt stupid.

Sila pulled away from her unexpectedly and threw the knife to the ground. He looked at her up and down closely taking notes of her appearance. Her hair is halfway tied with some parts hanging loosely around her face. He watched as she lifted her head and seemed to be done with whatever she was thinking. Her eyes lingered on his face asking him a bunch of questions some he knew she would not like the answer to. Her small body frame made her looked out of place and vulnerable with her blouse neatly tucked on one side while the other is hanging halfway down to her knees. His eyes quickly went from one sleeve to the other, she looked a complete mess. One side of the sleeve is almost gone, the only thing that’s keeping it in place is a couple of buttons around her wrist while the other side is doing its best to come apart. He turned to her face that seemed to want to be anywhere but standing in front of him. She looked somewhat dejected but hasn’t fully given up.

If only…

Whatever the thought his mind is trying to entertain itself with Sila forcefully pushed it so far back that there’s not another chance it would resurface again, without uttering a word he reached out and yanked on the sleeve that was already torn and pulled it off her arm and threw it next to the knife. Before any words left her mouth he grabbed her other arm and held it tight ripping the sleeve off, just like the first it found a spot next to the knife, her struggle with him was in vain because her determination to stop him wasn’t a match to his wanting to get rid of her sleeves.

“What am I doing?” He eyed her up and down then stepped closer acting like there’s enough room for him to do so to begin with. “You’ll soon find out.” He lifted her chin up and made her look at him.

Minta tried to push his hand away only for him to held onto her chin tighter. Her eyes almost dared him to go on with his plans but blinked it away when she thought of her brother. She closed her eyes the moment she felt a curse inching up to the top of her lips.

“There’s nowhere for you to hide once I come for you.” He traced the outline of her jaw. “It’s not hard to trap you.”

Minta could hear her heart beating, looking at him with more awareness she knew he has the power and wealth to destroy many people like her ten times over but that doesn’t make it right. What has she done to him? Nothing that warrant this kind of treatment. Seeing that whatever she thought wouldn’t make any difference, Minta suddenly found herself exhausted by everything that’s happening to her, tilting her head she leaned in closer to him.

But Sila was not one to play by anyone’s rule or time but his own. He can see through what she was doing, those eyes maybe tired but behind them buried a hint of defiant.

“You won’t win.”

“Try me.”

Minta didn’t think hard enough when she leaned in closer to him because without any effort, he traced her lower lip with his thumb causing her to widen her eyes not by surprise but by the sheer stupidity of her thoughtlessness. Once his thumb reached the center he paused and pressed it to her lips.

“I hate you.” She heard herself say, the words barely made any sense between his thumb, but it was enough for Sila to understand every word.

“The feeling is mutual.”

Brushing his hand away Minta looked at the knife and thoughts were dancing around in that tired mind of hers. What if she picks it up and stab him with it, what if that one stab will kill him then she would not have to ever deal with a man name Sila again, her heart sank somewhat when she thought of going to jail for killing someone. But what if….

The one question that brought her back to him and a chilling effect like a bucket of ice water was just thrown in her face. What does her brother have anything to do with them? Minta searched his eyes but he gave nothing away. A simple question she’s sure as the sun will set has a meaning, one she already knew the significant of it. If Sila thinks he’ll drag her brother into this mess, then he’s sadly mistaken. Because Nat is the one person, she’ll walk to the end of the earth for to protect. Sila or not, no one gets to hurt him.

Sila found what he was looking for in that one question, taking a few steps he turned from her. “I have enough of you for tonight, now get going before I changed my mind about hurting you.”

That was a simple dismissal but not after mentioning her brother he can’t disregard her that easily. “I don’t care what you do to me, but you better leave my brother alone. He is a kid, innocent one that has nothing to do with any of this.” The anger at the mere mentioned of her brother gave enough life to her exhausted self.

With his back still turned to her, he offers no reply but watched her from the corner of his eyes.

“You are a monster if you think you can go around hurting people as you please.” If he doesn’t like what she has to say, well, then that’s too bad.

And he didn’t.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the wall, her feet got tangled up with each other briefly before she righted herself doing all she could not to fall or stumbled into him.

Minta doesn’t have to look him in the eyes to know that’s as close as a promise. But she refused to play victim because she’s not one. She is not going to pay the price for something her dad has done no matter how much he wanted it to be so.

Her words were probably just that because she saw an uptick at the corner of his lips, exactly what is she going to do to him when she can’t even fight one drunk man of off her?

“You think you have what it takes?” A little sound so faint of a laugh escaped his lips. “I would like to see you try, just how far your tiny body will take you.” Mockingly Sila reached up to brush her hair from her face and a gesture she always thought as romantic became no more. “You wouldn’t last the first round with me.” He said taking a few strands between his fingers before letting it go.

She knew the playing field was not even, even a blind person can sense it, but does it make it right for him to lash out at her whenever he feels like it? What makes his feelings more important than hers? Trying to put some gap between them she pushed on his chest without any success, she stood there craning her neck to measure up to him instead.

“I am not your punching bag if you think I am going to lay down so you can walk all over me then you are gravely mistaken. I don’t owe you anything now or in the future.”

Sila shoved her to the side, turning his back on her he took a couple steps, “I am going to count to three and I want you to leave before it gets to four.”

“Now!”

The yell woke her up from within as she bent down to pick up her purse and ran off. Sila watched Minta ran, her tiny self comes and go with the night. His eyes narrowed watching her little by little until she became one with the dark night and vanished altogether.
THIS IS ART. I LOVE THE WAY HOW YOU WRITE. I'M REALLY IN LOVE. ❤❤❤❤❤ I can't wait for more.

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Chapter 4

“Come on, don’t give up now.” Minta said anxiously but decided to pull over and parked on the side of the street. She stepped on the gas one more time just to see and her car decided it had enough and died on her for good. “Great, just what I needed.”

“You don’t want to know the person I’m sending because he can take all of you idiots out.” Minta wasn’t sure of that person’s identity and was just bluffing her way out but stalling them seemed to give her a chance to think of what to do next. What was there to lose? Wait and let them take advantage of her?

“And who is this person that you said can beat us all? Call him now, call him so we can take care of him.” The taller one that seemed to be a bit more alert than the rest seemed to salivate in the thought.

“I told you I would send someone to take all you losers out.” Minta said proudly at first only to paused herself trying to remember that voice. It was familiar yet in her state of mind, she simply couldn’t match the voice to the person.

The two men drop their weapons and stepped back. “Look man, we are just kidding. You can have her we have not done anything to her. Have all the fun.” They took off running.

“Yes, I’m a street girl, that’s my side job.” The urge to roll her eyes at his comment was so great. It seemed when it comes to her, he has made up his mind.

“I have never use a knife to kill a girl before don’t make yourself be the first one.” He whispered in her ear.

Minta’s heart started to beat so fast, it’s the soft whisper along with the warmth of his breath that made her reaction so strong, it also doesn’t help where the space between is nonexistence, without any notice he turned away as his lips accidentally brushed her cheek. If his whisper made her heart beats fast the brushed of his lips on her skin made her confused. She couldn’t understand why she’s reacting in such a way. Why would a touched be it unintentional from a man that’s out to ruin her life cause her to feel anything? The coldness in his attitude should be a reminder that he’s not capable of any feelings other than revenge, lowering her eyes to the ground, she felt stupid.

If only…

“What am I doing?” He eyed her up and down then stepped closer acting like there’s enough room for him to do so to begin with. “You’ll soon find out.” He lifted her chin up and made her look at him.

“There’s nowhere for you to hide once I come for you.” He traced the outline of her jaw. “It’s not hard to trap you.”

“You won’t win.”

“Try me.”

“I hate you.” She heard herself say, the words barely made any sense between his thumb, but it was enough for Sila to understand every word.

“The feeling is mutual.”

That was a simple dismissal but not after mentioning her brother he can’t disregard her that easily. “I don’t care what you do to me, but you better leave my brother alone. He is a kid, innocent one that has nothing to do with any of this.” The anger at the mere mentioned of her brother gave enough life to her exhausted self.

“You are a monster if you think you can go around hurting people as you please.” If he doesn’t like what she has to say, well, then that’s too bad.

And he didn’t.

“You think you have what it takes?” A little sound so faint of a laugh escaped his lips. “I would like to see you try, just how far your tiny body will take you.” Mockingly Sila reached up to brush her hair from her face and a gesture she always thought as romantic became no more. “You wouldn’t last the first round with me.” He said taking a few strands between his fingers before letting it go.

“Now!”

This is great :).

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Chapter 4

If only…

“You won’t win.”

“Try me.”

“The feeling is mutual.”

And he didn’t.

“Now!”

This chapter is so satisfying after the waiting... and its only the beginning...Thankyou!

anniem

sarNie Adult
ThN
Chapter 4

If only…

“You won’t win.”

“Try me.”

“The feeling is mutual.”

And he didn’t.

“Now!”

thank you. When ch5 coming?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
@xdanavelvetx thanks. I try writing my stories in the hope of people able to visualize the characters as if they are watching them. Some stories worked others not so much :)

@alissaax this chapter was a little long because once I wrote the dialogues between Sila and Minta I didn't want to stop lol. I had to take some stuff out. I do get easily carried away sometimes.

@anniem Chapter 5 is coming soon. Lana's character is someone I need to figure out what I want her to be :)

@chievi4tennis thanks.. we are still waiting for the next chapter of your story. But I understand, it takes time to come up with things. And when @ alissaax reply to you, I think she was still stuck with her thai e books hahhaha.

@MKfan132 thanks.. glad you are enjoying it :)

yellowgreen123

looking for light, reaching out for hope...
@xdanavelvetx thanks. I try writing my stories in the hope of people able to visualize the characters as if they are watching them. Some stories worked others not so much :)

@alissaax this chapter was a little long because once I wrote the dialogues between Sila and Minta I didn't want to stop lol. I had to take some stuff out. I do get easily carried away sometimes.

@anniem Chapter 5 is coming soon. Lana's character is someone I need to figure out what I want her to be :)

@chievi4tennis thanks.. we are still waiting for the next chapter of your story. But I understand, it takes time to come up with things. And when @ alissaax reply to you, I think she was still stuck with her thai e books hahhaha.

I think I no longer can write. I'm not as talented as you. I have no ideas in my head so I can't finish anymore. Sorry @byebye but if I feel a lift of motivation again I will write.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡

Long or short i dont mind as long as you continue.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think I no longer can write. I'm not as talented as you. I have no ideas in my head so I can't finish anymore. Sorry @byebye but if I feel a lift of motivation again I will write.
I hope you change your mind because
I think you are talented. The first chapter to your story is wonderful and makes me look forward to what happen next. The more you write the more ideas comes to mind. When I wrote this story so many years ago, my writing was horrible. I couldn't believe my writing style, it was a mess but it does changed once I got comfortable with myself.

You start off a lot better than I did. You write with movements to your characters and that's talent:)

yellowgreen123

looking for light, reaching out for hope...
I hope you change your mind because
I think you are talented. The first chapter to your story is wonderful and makes me look forward to what happen next. The more you write the more ideas comes to mind. When I wrote this story so many years ago, my writing was horrible. I couldn't believe my writing style, it was a mess but it does changed once I got comfortable with myself.

You start off a lot better than I did. You write with movements to your characters and that's talent:)
Thank you for your compliment! :)