Life in your hands (Sila and Minta)

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
:risas3::risas3: I once read a fanfic I so loved...waited for about almost 2 years for an update but so cruel the writer never came back to finish lol. Some writers do get into a bind where halfway through the story things goes blank.
Me!! Thats why i never finish any of mine.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
so sorry...I may do a chapter this Easter long weekend for you!
Its okay. I can wait. I have so many ebook to read i got 3 hard copy books last month havent even started any. Im hang up on hua jai sila book audios on youtube right now.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 2

Sila watched his mom carefully as she picked up a picture frame of his dad, she was lost in the moment as if she stared at it long enough, she would will the picture to turn itself into life. He lifted his eyes to her face, that has seen better days. He noticed a tiny smile the longer she kept her eyes on the picture.

Without putting the picture down, Mai paused in her thoughts before she gently caressed her late husband’s picture with a slender finger. “He’s a wonderful man, Sila.”

Sila didn’t answer his mom but attempted to take his suit jacket off when his mom next words stopped his hands in mid-air.

“Is that the daughter of the man…” She paused wondering if she should finish the sentence, she turned to face Sila.

“Yes,” he replied dryly.

“She is braver than I thought,” A faint smiled crossed her lips. “I didn’t think she would ever do such a thing.”

“She's more stupid than brave,” Sila once again answered nothing more than with a dry tone, indicating he has no interest in going further than what was being said.

They just got home from the funeral is there a reason for a conversation of such to take place? Sila pulled on his shirt collar acting like it’s suffocating him. “Is this something we need to talk about now?”

Mai observed her eldest son. The way he stared out not knowing his thoughts but knew enough that he wanted the subject drop. She thought back to the girl, with her small self, going up against her son that is taller and twice her strength, yet she wasn’t scared or the least bit aware of what could happen to her the moment she saw her son clenched and unclenched his fist. If Mai, correctly guessed, the girl didn’t notice such movements because she’s too busy trying to make her case.

Mai walked over to Sila and rested her hand on his arm and smiled, a small one she could bring herself to do. “Think everything through before you decided what course to take. Life is not all about hurting those that circumstances are out of their control. Sometimes, when you think you are the one that’s doing great damage, you in turn will received the greatest pain,” She touched Sila’s cheek and walked upstairs to her room.

Sila tightened the corner of his eyes and watched his mom walked away. He knew where she was going with those words but not sure why his mom inclined to say so to him. And what if he wanted to go after those that hurt him?

He finally had the opportunity to remove his suit jacket and walked to the office, opening the door slowly he stood looking around, taking in the sight of the very place his dad loves to spend his time. He softly closed the door behind him, touching the edge of the sturdy Oak desk, he picked up a picture frame and it was no other than the picture of him and Woot when they were little kids hugging each other with such carefree smile. He gently put it back in its place and walked to the chair he often jumped in when he was a young child. He traced the outline of the brown leather chair, with ample arms rest on the sides. He found himself relaxing somewhat when he remembered those stolen moments falling asleep in the chair while his dad looked on. Sila turned the chair around and sat in it carefully, making it seemed like it’s easily breakable if he puts all his weight on it at once.

He settled in comfortably, closing his eyes he tilted his head backward, recounting all those times his dad made promises when he was a young child and how he managed to keep everyone of them. Covering his face with his hands, he took in a few deep breaths.

“Someone will pay, I promised,” Sila said angrily and turned the chair around.

He looked out to the lush green garden that he loves to run around with his dad as a kid but blinked the memory away as fast as it came, in replace of it he found the now dark sky that’s threatened to rain, his eyes wandered and saw a bird flying by its lonely self. He focused on the bird’s movements as it flew with no specific direction, his attention drifted back to the sky, with its far away sound of a thunder. He heard the door opened slowly breaking him of his concentration.

“What is it, Woot?”

“How did you know it’s me?” Woot sat down across from Sila and crossed his legs making himself comfortable, he looked around the office and smiled. “I love this room. Dad might spend a lot of time in here, but he never denies any of us coming in to interrupt him.”

Sila didn’t respond but kept his eyes on a few raindrops that hit the windows as it cascaded down them. He hated rainy days because it brings with it an unexplained emotion within him, turning his chair back around he looked at Woot.

“You didn’t think you went a little too far with the girl, did you?”

Sila didn’t answer Woot’s question right away. One was, he tried to forget the image of a small girl that has no idea what she was doing. She was lucky it was at his dad’s funeral, had it been a different time and place he wasn’t sure what would have happened to her. He silently kept on looking at Woot.

“I know when the conversation needed to be drop,” Woot stood up. “Also, I am here to remind you to pick up your girlfriend tomorrow.”

Sila nodded and watched his brother walked out leaving him alone to his thoughts.
***********​

The rain grew louder as it continued through the night, Minta laying in bed listening to the sound that she loves. For an odd reason, she is captivated by the sound of rain. It made her mind travel to a place of the unknown. But as loud and beautiful the sound might seem she can’t erase the image of Sila out of her mind. She has never in her life seen someone so angry at her. If looks could kill, her Aunt is probably in the process of planning her funeral right now.

Minta shook her head to clear it. “There’s nothing he can do to me,” She believes if she keeps on saying that a few more times she’ll convinced herself. “There’s no point in sleeping,” She jumped out off bed and headed for the kitchen.

“You are up too huh? Come here and have some ice cream and cookie with me.”

Minta looked at her Aunt and smiled taking the spoon her Aunt laid next to a small bowl of ice cream and a cookie on top. “How did you know I needed this?” She proceeded to take a bite of the cookie and then dipped it into the ice cream.

Minta took a quick glanced at her Aunt, Milan. She loves her Aunt greatly because if it hadn’t been for her, she has no idea what her situation would look like. Shortly after her mother so coldly left them, her Aunt took them in along with her no good of a father. And she has been a steady figure in her life, one she is extremely indebted to.

“I am going to look for a job tomorrow,” Minta lowered her eyes to the bowl of ice cream that seemed to melt. She began to stir it gently. “Nat’s asthma is getting worst by the day, and I feel he’s going to need more care than what he’s getting now,” Her shoulders slumped briefly before sitting up straight again.

Milan took in the tired form of a girl sitting in front of her, looking closely as Minta’s eyes kept on the bowl of melting ice cream where she continuously stirred away. She loved Minta and her brother as if they are her biological kids. She vividly remembered the day, when she saw those eyes that seemed so lost when their mother left them. And to think, her brother would now failed them as well, not that he was that great of a father to begin with but she thought if he was around some it was better than nothing at all, but in the end all was lost and they are left in this world with no parents. She can support and love them, but she also believes in her heart there’s no love like a parent’s love.

Milan reached out and touched Minta’s hand. “It’ll be OK.”

“I know,” Minta tried to smile and offer reassurance but her smile stopped at her lips never reaching her eyes.

Minta opened her mouth to say something when she heard footsteps from behind, turning around she saw Nat rubbing his eyes before taking a seat next to her. She observed his small, fragile body. He is thirteen years old, but one wouldn’t know just by looking at him. His asthma has taken a toll on his little body this last year, his better days has shortened compared to his bad days.

“What are you doing up at this hour? You have school tomorrow,” Minta finally gave up on the ice cream and pushed it to the side.

Nat shrugged and looked at Milan like he has a secret he’s dying to tell. “You should have seen Minta today. I thought that guy, Sila was going to kill her,” He couldn’t help admiring his sister for her bravery yet smiled at how things went down.

“I figured it wasn’t going to go as planned,” Milan knew Minta’s plan was too simple to go smoothly. Sometimes, simplicity becomes the hardest thing to achieve.

“I hope to never see him again,” Since she left the cemetery, she had been saying that prayer about one hundred times, she felt another two thousand wasn’t a bad idea.

“So, I take it there were no hugging or some sort of hand shake going on,” Milan smiled knowing it was absurd to even think such a thing.

“Are you kidding me!” Nat said it like it’s the most ridiculous thing. “Minta even found herself on the ground.”

Milan wished she could’ve been there to witnessed it. Even if she didn’t agree to Minta going but once she believes in her heart it is the right thing, nothing or no one can persuade her otherwise.

“It wasn’t a big deal,” Minta waved them off.

But somehow that statement didn’t make her feel any better. There was something in his eyes that made her believe it was the beginning…but beginning of what?

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Sounding so good @byebye! Can't wait for more! :)
Thanks...I thought I can just changed a little here and there since this story is already completed but I end up changing the whole thing lol. I wished I didn't though cause it's just more work hahha.

Did you finished chapter 2 of your story yet?

yellowgreen123

looking for light, reaching out for hope...
Thanks...I thought I can just changed a little here and there since this story is already completed but I end up changing the whole thing lol. I wished I didn't though cause it's just more work hahha.

Did you finished chapter 2 of your story yet?
Not yet unfortunately, I'm a bit slow in getting it together, but still working on it. I kinda lost track of where I want the story to be, so have to re-think lol. :facepalm::)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Not yet unfortunately, I'm a bit slow in getting it together, but still working on it. I kinda lost track of where I want the story to be, so have to re-think lol. :facepalm::)
Your story has lots more details than mine, so I can see why it takes more time to sort out. I always admire those that write palace stories because of the titles and all the politics within those walls. I can't write it because I would get frustrated with my own characters lol.

anniem

sarNie Adult
Wo
Chapter 1

Minta was debating all morning whether it was a good idea to visit the cemetery or not. But in the end, her heart won out and her decision became one she had to live with. No matter what others think she had to pay respect to an innocent man her father had killed.

She waited long enough until she felt like it was safe to go when there’s no one around. Her plan was to quickly go, lay the flowers down and leave. But unfortunately, some plans just never work out the way one intended to.

Minta walked firmly with her little brother that’s trying hard to match her steps. She noticed from afar, there were a few people still lingering around, which she thought wasn’t too bad. It was better than having a huge crowd considering who she is.

Nat pulled on her shirt to slow her down. “What is it?” She asked but didn’t slow down her pace. “I told you not to come with me.” She gently pulled his arm and tugged him along to speed him up.

“You know I like being around you.” He smiled so innocently and sweetly that Minta had to paused and smiled herself.

“I know and I love you too.” She patted his head. “But come on, hurry up. The faster we get this done the quicker we get to go home.”

“But do you think it’s a good idea to come here?” Nat asked nervously.

“I believe so. The heart should always be the answer, at least for me.”

Is she hoping for a miracle and perhaps they would forgive her dad? Of course, she is. But will she get one? Only if hell freezes over.

All eyes turned to Minta and her brother when they got closer to the graveside. But one person in particular that caught her eyes was a man dressed in a black suit. The top of his dress shirt opened with a couple buttons undone and his hands inside his pockets. She squinted her eyes and held her attention on him and it was no other than Sila, many times over since her father did the stupidest thing, his face and his family were all over the television and she expected no less because they were wealthy enough to have that kind of media frenzy on them.

He’s tall, taller than she imagined him to be. His presence seemed to overshadow those around him. The way he stood straight and a stare that made her felt out of place with eyes given the impression he wanted to rip her heart out. His eyes locked on hers and wasn’t in a hurry to find another target. It seemed to pull her so close to him. He almost made her second guess herself, almost.

Minta felt a little chill entering her body even with the heat beating on her like a drum. She looked away nervously and hoping once she turns back his way, he would find something else to keep his attention on, but it was false hope. Because before she turned away, he was looking at her intensely and trying to figure out who she was, but once their eyes meet again, she saw his face has gotten stiffer. His eyes were drawn to her even more as if he finally figured out just who she really is.

“Sis, do you think they know who we are?” Nat pulled on Minta’s shirt.

“By the look in their eyes, I think they do.” Minta proceeded with smaller steps. “Stop hanging onto me. I am going to trip and fall.” She whispered and released Nat’s hand from her shirt.

They both continued walking in a slower pace until they finally stood in front of the tombstone. “Please find it in your heart to forgive my dad.” Minta lowered her head, saying a few more words. She tried laying the flowers down when she felt a hand yanking them from her grasp.

“How dare you!”

The voice was bathed with so much anger that she swore if it was a sword it would slash her into pieces. She looked at the flowers as it fell to the ground landing peacefully next to her feet giving the impression it belongs there rather than anywhere else. Nat was shock, he wasn’t sure what to do when he looked up to his sister, she stood strong and didn’t flinch. Minta lifted her face up and looked at Sila squarely in the eyes. She wasn’t scared or intimidate by him because her reason was of an innocent one.

“You got the nerve to show your face at my dad’s funeral. You are not afraid of having a grave next to his.” Sila’s voice became rough and edgy.

It was a threat if Minta ever heard one. His wounds are so deep that he can’t separate her from her dad, she thought.

“Get the hell out of here before I throw you out myself.”

Each time he verbalized something to her, his voice becomes clearer and louder acting like she didn’t hear them to begin with. “I am not threatened by you. I am here to pay respect and I haven’t done anything wrong.”

Minta’s explanation did nothing to soothe his anger, it actually did the opposite.” Get them out.” Sila issued a command that can be heard from across town, if one were to ask Minta.

And just like that two men appeared by Sila’s side. She blinked in surprised, how did she missed two men that looked three times her size. One of the men, reached out and grabbed a hold of her arm.

“This is not what your dad wants at his funeral.” Minta might have realized too late once those words left her mouth because she didn’t have time to form any other thoughts when Sila came charging at her brushing his men aside and forcefully grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side.

“Sila...”

Mai and Woot called his name out at the same time. But if they called his name in hope of him easing up on Minta it was of no use. Sila tightened his grip, causing Minta to clench her teeth to fight off the pain. There’s no way she would let him see such a thing.

“Leave my sister alone.” Nat yelled as loud as he could before he stopped and let out a couple of coughs.

Minta watched her brother as he patted his chest when his breaths finally caught up to him. She shook her head for her brother to stay quiet.

“Get out!” Sila pushed Minta to the side but she couldn’t get a hold of her balance fast enough as she tripped on her feet and fell backward.

Nat quickly ran to his sister’s side. “Are you OK?” He asked with concerned dripping with those few words.

He tried to pull her up but Minta ignored his hand and got up herself. She brushed the dirt of off her quickly and stared at Sila. She forgave him this one time because she knows he’s in a lot of pain. But only one time, she promised herself.

“I won’t hold this against you because I know you are hurting, but don’t mistake me for my father. If you want to take revenge on him, I’m sure you know where he’s at.” Minta brushed a few strands of hair that stubbornly kept on finding its way to her face. “Let’s get out of here, Nat.” Minta took a couple of steps and face Mai and Woot. “I’m sorry for your loss. It’s not my intention to cause any problem today, I truly wanted to show respect. That’s it.”Minta grabbed her brother and walked off ignoring Sila altogether as she passed him by.

Sila watched as Minta slowly vanished from his view, as for Mai and Woot , they watched the exchange in its entirely and saw something that Sila might have missed. But both didn’t say anything as they also took in the view of Minta walking away until she was no longer visible.
wow!!! Great. Continue please!!

anniem

sarNie Adult
Hi
Chapter 2

Sila watched his mom carefully as she picked up a picture frame of his dad, she was lost in the moment as if she stared at it long enough, she would will the picture to turn itself into life. He lifted his eyes to her face, that has seen better days. He noticed a tiny smile the longer she kept her eyes on the picture.

Without putting the picture down, Mai paused in her thoughts before she gently caressed her late husband’s picture with a slender finger. “He’s a wonderful man, Sila.”

Sila didn’t answer his mom but attempted to take his suit jacket off when his mom next words stopped his hands in mid-air.

“Is that the daughter of the man…” She paused wondering if she should finish the sentence, she turned to face Sila.

“Yes,” he replied dryly.

“She is braver than I thought.” A faint smiled crossed her lips. “I didn’t think she would ever do such a thing.”

“She's more stupid than brave.” Sila once again answered nothing more than with a dry tone, indicating he has no interest in going further than what was being said.

They just got home from the funeral is there a reason for a conversation of such to take place? Sila pulled on his shirt collar acting like it’s suffocating him. “Is this something we need to talk about now?”

Mai observed her eldest son. The way he stared out not knowing his thoughts but knew enough that he wanted the subject drop. She thought back to the girl, with her small self, going up against her son that is taller and twice her strength, yet she wasn’t scared or the least bit aware of what could happen to her the moment she saw her son clenched and unclenched his fist. If Mai, correctly guessed, the girl didn’t notice such movements because she’s too busy trying to make her case.

Mai walked over to Sila and rested her hand on his arm and smiled, a small one she could bring herself to do. “Think everything through before you decided what course to take. Life is not all about hurting those that circumstances are out of their control. Sometimes, when you think you are the one that’s doing great damage, you in turn will received the greatest pain.” She touched Sila’s cheek and walked upstairs to her room.

Sila tightened the corner of his eyes and watched his mom walked away. He knew where she was going with those words but not sure why his mom inclined to say so to him. And what if he wanted to go after those that hurt him?

He finally had the opportunity to remove his suit jacket and walked to the office, opening the door slowly he stood looking around, taking in the sight of the very place his dad loves to spend his time. He softly closed the door behind him, touching the edge of the sturdy Oak desk, he picked up a picture frame and it was no other than the picture of him and Woot when they were little kids hugging each other with such carefree smile. He gently put it back in its place and walked to the chair he often jumped in when he was a young child. He traced the outline of the brown leather chair, with ample arms rest on the sides. He found himself relaxing somewhat when he remembered those stolen moments falling asleep in the chair while his dad looked on. Sila turned the chair around and sat in it carefully, making it seemed like it’s easily breakable if he puts all his weight on it at once.

He settled in comfortably, closing his eyes he tilted his head backward, recounting all those times his dad made promises when he was a young child and how he managed to keep everyone of them. Covering his face with his hands, he took in a few deep breaths.

“Someone will pay, I promised.” Sila said angrily and turned the chair around.

He looked out to the lush green garden that he loves to run around with his dad as a kid but blinked the memory away as fast as it came, in replace of it he found the now dark sky that’s threatened to rain, his eyes wandered and saw a bird flying by its lonely self. He focused on the bird’s movements as it flew with no specific direction, his attention drifted back to the sky, with it’s far away sound of a thunder. He heard the door opened slowly breaking him of his concentration.

“What is it, Woot?”

“How did you know it’s me?” Woot sat down across from Sila and crossed his legs making himself comfortable, he looked around the office and smiled. “I love this room. Dad might spend a lot of time in here, but he never denies any of us coming in to interrupt him.”

Sila didn’t respond but kept his eyes on a few raindrops that hit the windows as it cascaded down them. He hated rainy days because it brings with it an unexplained emotion within him, turning his chair back around he looked at Woot.

“You didn’t think you went a little too far with the girl, did you?”

Sila didn’t answer Woot’s question right away. One was, he tried to forget the image of a small girl that has no idea what she was doing. She was lucky it was at his dad’s funeral, had it been a different time and place he wasn’t sure what would have happened to her. He silently kept on looking at Woot.

“I know when the conversation needed to be drop,” Woot stood up. “Also, I am here to remind you to pick up your girlfriend tomorrow.”

Sila nodded and watched his brother walked out leaving him alone to his thoughts.

***********​

The rain grew louder as it continued through the night, Minta laying in bed listening to the sound that she loves. For an odd reason, she is captivated by the sound of rain. It made her mind travel to a place of the unknown. But as loud and beautiful the sound might seem she can’t erase the image of Sila out of her mind. She has never in her life seen someone so angry at her. If looks could kill, her Aunt is probably in the process of planning her funeral right now.

Minta shook her head to clear it. “There’s nothing he can do to me,” She believes if she keeps on saying that a few more times she’ll convinced herself. “There’s no point in sleeping,” She jumped out off bed and headed for the kitchen.

“You are up too huh? Come here and have some ice cream and cookie with me.”

Minta looked at her Aunt and smiled taking the spoon her Aunt laid next to a small bowl of ice cream and a cookie on top. “How did you know I needed this?” She proceeded to take a bite of the cookie and then dipped it into the ice cream.

Minta took a quick glanced at her Aunt, Milan. She loves her Aunt greatly because if it hadn’t been for her, she has no idea what her situation would look like. Shortly after her mother so coldly left them, her Aunt took them in along with her no good of a father. And she has been a steady figure in her life, one she is extremely indebted to.

“I am going to look for a job tomorrow,” Minta lowered her eyes to the bowl of ice cream that seemed to melt. She began to stir it gently. “Nat’s asthma is getting worst by the day, and I feel he’s going to need more care than what he’s getting now.” Her shoulders slumped briefly before sitting up straight again.

Milan took in the tired form of a girl sitting in front of her, looking closely as Minta’s eyes kept on the bowl of melting ice cream where she continuously stirred away. She loved Minta and her brother as if they are her biological kids. She vividly remembered the day, when she saw those eyes that seemed so lost when their mother left them. And to think, her brother would now failed them as well, not that he was that great of a father to begin with but she thought if he was around some it was better than nothing at all, but in the end all was lost and they are left in this world with no parents. She can support and love them, but she also believes in her heart there’s no love like a parent’s love.

Milan reached out and touched Minta’s hand. “It’ll be OK.”

“I know,” Minta tried to smile and offer reassurance but her smile stopped at her lips never reaching her eye.

Minta opened her mouth to say something when she heard footsteps from behind, turning around she saw Nat rubbing his eyes before taking a seat next to her. She observed his small, fragile body. He is thirteen years old, but one wouldn’t know just by looking at him. His asthma has taken a toll on his little body this last year, his better days has shortened compared to his bad days.

“What are you doing up at this hour? You have school tomorrow.” Minta finally gave up on the ice cream and pushed it to the side.

Nat shrugged and looked at Milan like he has a secret he’s dying to tell. “You should have seen Minta today. I thought that guy, Sila was going to kill her.” He couldn’t help admiring his sister for her bravery yet smiled at how things went down.

“I figured it wasn’t going to go as planned.” Milan knew Minta’s plan was too simple to go smoothly. Sometimes, simplicity becomes the hardest thing to achieve.

“I hope to never see him again.” Since she left the cemetery, she had been saying that prayer about one hundred times, she felt another two thousand wasn’t a bad idea.

“So, I take it there were no hugging or some sort of hand shake going on.” Milan smiled knowing it was absurd to even think such a thing.

“Are you kidding me!” Nat said it like it’s the most ridiculous thing. “Minta even found herself on the ground.”

Milan wished she could’ve been there to witnessed it. Even if she didn’t agree to Minta going but once she believes in her heart it is the right thing, nothing or no one can persuade her otherwise.

“It wasn’t a big deal,” Minta waved them off.

But somehow that statement didn’t make her feel any better. There was something in his eyes that made her believe it was the beginning…but beginning of what?
Hi!!! When chaper 3 available? Do you have certain schedule for each week to post each chapter?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hi

Hi!!! When chaper 3 available? Do you have certain schedule for each week to post each chapter?
No, there's no set schedule. I kind of rotate between this story and the other one. But I do try my best to post a chapter each week like a lakorn hahahah. I will try to make the chapter a little longer but when I do type it out on my computer it does feel so much longer though :)

xdanavelvetx

sarNie Adult
Chapter 1

Minta was debating all morning whether it was a good idea to visit the cemetery or not. But in the end, her heart won out and her decision became one she had to live with. No matter what others think she had to pay respect to an innocent man her father had killed.

She waited long enough until she felt like it was safe to go when there’s no one around. Her plan was to quickly go, lay the flowers down and leave. But unfortunately, some plans just never work out the way one intended to.

Minta walked firmly with her little brother that’s trying hard to match her steps. She noticed from afar, there were a few people still lingering around, which she thought wasn’t too bad. It was better than having a huge crowd considering who she is.

Nat pulled on her shirt to slow her down. “What is it?” She asked but didn’t slow down her pace. “I told you not to come with me.” She gently pulled his arm and tugged him along to speed him up.

“You know I like being around you.” He smiled so innocently and sweetly that Minta had to paused and smiled herself.

“I know and I love you too.” She patted his head. “But come on, hurry up. The faster we get this done the quicker we get to go home.”

“But do you think it’s a good idea to come here?” Nat asked nervously.

“I believe so. The heart should always be the answer, at least for me.”

Is she hoping for a miracle and perhaps they would forgive her dad? Of course, she is. But will she get one? Only if hell freezes over.

All eyes turned to Minta and her brother when they got closer to the graveside. But one person in particular that caught her eyes was a man dressed in a black suit. The top of his dress shirt opened with a couple buttons undone and his hands inside his pockets. She squinted her eyes and held her attention on him and it was no other than Sila, many times over since her father did the stupidest thing, his face and his family were all over the television and she expected no less because they were wealthy enough to have that kind of media frenzy on them.

He’s tall, taller than she imagined him to be. His presence seemed to overshadow those around him. The way he stood straight and a stare that made her felt out of place with eyes given the impression he wanted to rip her heart out. His eyes locked on hers and wasn’t in a hurry to find another target. It seemed to pull her so close to him. He almost made her second guess herself, almost.

Minta felt a little chill entering her body even with the heat beating on her like a drum. She looked away nervously and hoping once she turns back his way, he would find something else to keep his attention on, but it was false hope. Because before she turned away, he was looking at her intensely and trying to figure out who she was, but once their eyes meet again, she saw his face has gotten stiffer. His eyes were drawn to her even more as if he finally figured out just who she really is.

“Sis, do you think they know who we are?” Nat pulled on Minta’s shirt.

“By the look in their eyes, I think they do.” Minta proceeded with smaller steps. “Stop hanging onto me. I am going to trip and fall.” She whispered and released Nat’s hand from her shirt.

They both continued walking in a slower pace until they finally stood in front of the tombstone. “Please find it in your heart to forgive my dad.” Minta lowered her head, saying a few more words. She tried laying the flowers down when she felt a hand yanking them from her grasp.

“How dare you!”

The voice was bathed with so much anger that she swore if it was a sword it would slash her into pieces. She looked at the flowers as it fell to the ground landing peacefully next to her feet giving the impression it belongs there rather than anywhere else. Nat was shock, he wasn’t sure what to do when he looked up to his sister, she stood strong and didn’t flinch. Minta lifted her face up and looked at Sila squarely in the eyes. She wasn’t scared or intimidate by him because her reason was of an innocent one.

“You got the nerve to show your face at my dad’s funeral. You are not afraid of having a grave next to his.” Sila’s voice became rough and edgy.

It was a threat if Minta ever heard one. His wounds are so deep that he can’t separate her from her dad, she thought.

“Get the hell out of here before I throw you out myself.”

Each time he verbalized something to her, his voice becomes clearer and louder acting like she didn’t hear them to begin with. “I am not threatened by you. I am here to pay respect and I haven’t done anything wrong.”

Minta’s explanation did nothing to soothe his anger, it actually did the opposite.” Get them out.” Sila issued a command that can be heard from across town, if one were to ask Minta.

And just like that two men appeared by Sila’s side. She blinked in surprised, how did she missed two men that looked three times her size. One of the men, reached out and grabbed a hold of her arm.

“This is not what your dad wants at his funeral.” Minta might have realized too late once those words left her mouth because she didn’t have time to form any other thoughts when Sila came charging at her brushing his men aside and forcefully grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side.

“Sila...”

Mai and Woot called his name out at the same time. But if they called his name in hope of him easing up on Minta it was of no use. Sila tightened his grip, causing Minta to clench her teeth to fight off the pain. There’s no way she would let him see such a thing.

“Leave my sister alone.” Nat yelled as loud as he could before he stopped and let out a couple of coughs.

Minta watched her brother as he patted his chest when his breaths finally caught up to him. She shook her head for her brother to stay quiet.

“Get out!” Sila pushed Minta to the side but she couldn’t get a hold of her balance fast enough as she tripped on her feet and fell backward.

Nat quickly ran to his sister’s side. “Are you OK?” He asked with concerned dripping with those few words.

He tried to pull her up but Minta ignored his hand and got up herself. She brushed the dirt of off her quickly and stared at Sila. She forgave him this one time because she knows he’s in a lot of pain. But only one time, she promised herself.

“I won’t hold this against you because I know you are hurting, but don’t mistake me for my father. If you want to take revenge on him, I’m sure you know where he’s at.” Minta brushed a few strands of hair that stubbornly kept on finding its way to her face. “Let’s get out of here, Nat.” Minta took a couple of steps and face Mai and Woot. “I’m sorry for your loss. It’s not my intention to cause any problem today, I truly wanted to show respect. That’s it.”Minta grabbed her brother and walked off ignoring Sila altogether as she past him by.

Sila watched as Minta slowly vanished from his view, as for Mai and Woot , they watched the exchange in its entirely and saw something that Sila might have missed. But both didn’t say anything as they also took in the view of Minta walking away until she was no longer visible.
I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH. YOU ARE GREAT ❤

anniem

sarNie Adult
No, there's no set schedule. I kind of rotate between this story and the other one. But I do try my best to post a chapter each week like a lakorn hahahah. I will try to make the chapter a little longer but when I do type it out on my computer it does feel so much longer though :)
Should post 2 chapters each week lol

anniem

sarNie Adult
I think I will wait until you finish all chapters then I will read it, because I hate waiting, don’t want to go thru what I been thru about HJS hehehehe.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think I will wait until you finish all chapters then I will read it, because I hate waiting, don’t want to go thru what I been thru about HJS hehehehe.
Hahaha...I understand. HJS is something else with the waiting game and to make matters worst the never ending trolling and teasing from the writer and director lol

I have been on both sides of the coin, waiting for a story to end and writing a story. As I have mentioned, this story is completed but it's almost like me starting over since I changed pretty much everything. And I am indecisive in a sense where I would complete a chapter, goes back and read it then the next I know I just rewrote the while chapter lol. But I at least know where this story is going, so I guessed that's something:risas3:

anniem

sarNie Adult
Pl
Hahaha...I understand. HJS is something else with the waiting game and to make matters worst the never ending trolling and teasing from the writer and director lol

I have been on both sides of the coin, waiting for a story to end and writing a story. As I have mentioned, this story is completed but it's almost like me starting over since I changed pretty much everything. And I am indecisive in a sense where I would complete a chapter, goes back and read it then the next I know I just rewrote the while chapter lol. But I at least know where this story is going, so I guessed that's something:risas3:
]
Lol I hope you post it sooner because right now we all are so in into HJS lol...

anniem

sarNie Adult
I

really like it so far, so go with your gut, I’m sure regardless how the story line goes, we gonna love it since it’s Sila and Mina lol

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chapter 3

Sila impatiently looked at his watch. He has never like picking anyone up at the airport but since he had promised Lana a while ago that he would, he kept his words. He might be a lot of things, but one thing had been instilled in him, a man is as good as his words.

He looked around at the people hurrying themselves either to get home or rushing to catch their flight. He noticed a few couples that displayed such affection for a returning loved one, while he wished Lana would stay where she’s at forever. She doesn’t know what he had found out while she was away, but Sila would find out the truth to anything if he wanted to know badly enough.

He watched the crowed once more coming and going from different directions before lifting his eyes and spotted Lana waving her arm up to signaled that she had saw him. And there stood the truth that what they once had pretty much vanished between the miles.

She made her way to him as some onlookers watched her with envy. Lana is a beautiful girl, all the curves in the right places, with long straight hair reaching her waist accompanied by round eyes and almost a heart shape lips, any man would be proud and boastful to have someone like her next to him. But Sila wasn’t that man, beauty without heart was no beauty at all.

“Sila…I missed you,” Lana threw herself at him and hugged him tightly.

Once her voice was a sweet sound in his ears now it’s like nails running across a chalkboard.

“Did you miss me?”

Sila pulled her of off him and gave her not a missing look but one Lana didn’t quite understand. Her smiled subsided and was replaced with confusion. “Why aren’t you happy to see me?” Her voice laced with nervousness and something else she isn’t willing to admit.

“Let’s get your luggage and go home," Sila didn’t wait for her but walked off to the luggage section leaving her standing there wanting to scream but couldn’t.

She quietly followed him to his car knowing whatever questions or conversation she wanted was going to have to wait for its own time. If he’s acting like she’s no more than a mere individual he knows, she was likely not getting anything from him. Lana slid inside the car watching Sila from the corner of her eyes. This is not exactly what she thought of when she came home. But it’s what given to her by Sila, her boyfriend of almost a year. She nervously looked out the window.

Sila saw her eyes movements but was not in a hurry to break the cold silent. She wanted to play her games then so be it. He wasn’t going to deny her of such a thing.

“Sila, I’m sorry I didn’t make it to your dad’s funeral,” Maybe if she sounded sincere enough for missing out on it, he’ll forgive her if that’s the cause of his attitude.

“No worry.”

And Lana knew that was the nail in the coffin. If one thing she knows of Sila, it’s those short answers. Once he started with them that was a sign he was done with the entire conversation. Feeling like she came to a dead end, Lana remained quiet for the rest of the ride home.

She was starting to feel a little relief when they pulled into her driveway, but when Sila got out the car leaving her sitting there by herself, her mind began to race once more. She watched as he took her luggage out the trunk with more force than necessary.

“Do you want to come in for a bit?” She was hoping he would meet her halfway and say yes but her optimism was short lived.

“No, I have too much work to do.”

Sila left without so much as a good bye much less a hug. She was angry at him for being so heartless to her on her fist day back home. She wanted to know why he is treating her this way, but her heart was fearful to know the answer. She looked at her luggage, with enough anger to go around for a few days, she yanked it and dragged them all the way inside the house.

********************​

“Have a good day at school, I am going to venture out and try to find a job today,” Minta smiled and gave a quick kiss on her brother’s cheek. “Wish me luck,” She reached out to mess with his hair.

Nat playfully brushed her hand away. “Good luck, don’t settle for less.” He rushed out the door.

She wanted to laugh at her brother for being a kid with high expectation, she just wanted something even if it pays slightly less than what she used to make at her old job, at this point she’ll accept it until she finds something better.

“I am leaving Auntie,” Minta yelled out and grabbed her purse and once again look at her watch.

“May luck follow you today," Milan shouted. “I hope to hear some good news by dinner time.”

“Thank you, I will need it,” Minta puts on her shoes, locking the door she sighed when looking at her car. “I will fix you up, little bug once I save enough money,” Saying a little prayer, she smiled with hope that things are going to turn out just fine but when she tried starting the car it refused to start, grabbing the steering wheel she gently banged her head against it.

“Goodness, don’t do this to me, not today,” Once again, she started the car only for it to give her a sound like it’s dying. “Ok, look, I promise I will get you fix, just hang on for a little longer….please,” She sounded so pitiful begging her car to work. But at this point she’s about to do whatever it takes to get it hitting the road.

Minta leaned against the seat, giving herself a few extra minutes to calm nerves down, gathering herself she sat up straight and gave half a smile and tried again. Her heart almost stops but finally with enough persistent her car came to life. “I know it, you would not let me down,” She kissed the steering wheel and started her day by knocking down a trash can on her way out.

Minta’s first place was a recommendation by an old co-worker. It went as good as she had hoped. They said, they would give her call but that line is tricky. It could go both ways. They say it to just be polite and never call or they would in a few days. She will have to hope for the best. It’s the only choice she has. Expecting the worst has been so normal in her life, there’s no cost in expecting the best from now on. Walking slowly to her car she noticed a construction worker on a ladder with another man looking on from below instructing him on how to fix a sign on the building. She could not read the name of the company as a few letters were missing, but what does it matter. It looked like a promising place. Would it hurt to just go in and drop off a resume since she’s already standing in front of it? Minta refusing to believe she can’t find anything decided it’s better to take a chance than to have that chance slip away. She opened the door and right away there sits the receptionist.

Minta handed her resume to the receptionist, as she was standing there waiting for her resume to be looked over she thought of a couple of questions to ask but when she looked up she saw a man walking straight towards them as their eyes slowly met she couldn’t believe it, it can’t be it just can’t be but the closer the figure got to her she knew it was no other than Sila.

The way he walked with a straight back giving out the notion that the world is his and everyone else is just visiting. Each step he took was careful and authoritative, and a vibe that he’s a man that knows what he wants and everybody else be damn. He came to a stop but didn’t look at her initially, almost not believing it’s Minta standing in front of him. He averted his eyes to something above her head but once it came back to her, the deepness of his stare made her feel like she doesn’t belong in the same space he occupied.

“What is it?” He asked his receptionist, but his eyes never left Minta.

“This young lady here is dropping off her resume…” The receptionist opened her mouth to say something else but Sila took the resume from her hand and without so much a sound from him threw it in the trash.

Minta and the receptionist almost gave out the same look, speechless.

“Sir…”

“We don’t have any opening right now," Sila said it in such a tone that leaves no room for any argument. All the while, he intensely stared at Minta. His mouth may have moved but his eyes were fixated on her.

Minta stood there not able to move partly because she couldn’t believe what she had just witnessed, she stared at him with confused eyes but there’s no mistake anger quickly overshadowed every other emotion, lowering her eyes to the trash can that her resume seemed to bury itself in, she had never met anyone as callous and cruel like the man that’s standing in front of her. Does he know that finding a job to her is basically her livelihood, that her brother depends on it, but looking at him she has no doubt he doesn’t realized the importance of a job that he deemed as nothing. His world is set, anything he wants is at his fingertips while she struggled just to buy a new part for her old car that’s barely running. She pulled herself from the corner of the desk and walked over to the trash can.

She paused as Sila refused to get out of the way, but she was going to retrieve her resume back whether he likes it or not. She looked at him, wondering if he was going to move but there’s no indication he was going to do as such, he stood there like he has all day and looked down at her.

If he wanted to make it hard that’s up to him. Minta nudged her way through causing him to take a small step backward. She didn’t realize just how close she is to him. But being close to Sila is the least of her problem, she could have stepped on him to get to her resume for all she cares, bending down she reached into the trash can when her eyes accidentally locked with the receptionist and she froze. The way the older woman looked at her, it was with such overwhelming sympathy. Like a mother seeing her kid gets hurt and in a lot of pain, but there’s nothing she could do to help.

Minta closed her eyes before opening them, briefly looking at her resume she took a deep breath and righted herself. Standing up straight she brushed past Sila without any acknowledgement, taking a few purposeful steps she stopped in her track, as her hands started to slightly shake from different feelings all tangled up at once. Counting to three silently, she grabbed the strap of her purse to steady them. Minta smiled bitterly and with calmness she walked over to where Sila still standing like a statue. And it made her angrier with each step she took.

This must be the beginning that she was wondering about. He’s determined to ruin her life, not because it’s something that she has done, but because she’s guilty by association. She found those cold eyes that seemed to see through anyone’s soul if they are not careful. But she was never one afraid of what others will do to her, if she’s innocent. He wanted to go battle with her, then she will see to it that she at least won’t go down without a fight.

“Is this your way of getting back at me?”

Sila didn’t answer but got the nerve to look at her like he has no idea what she’s talking about.

“Do you know how important a job is to me?” Minta quickly went on. “You think it’s funny playing with people’s lives because you have the power to do so. I hope that one day, you will never have to feel what it’s like having to desperately search for a job just so you can pay your bills or to pay for your brother’s medications," Minta fought back the tears that’s threatened to spill over. She would never give Sila the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

She watched Sila’s feet moved forward but stopped when he saw her stepped to the side.

“Are we done here?”

Minta swallowed her anger, if she thought her purse in any way helpful in hurting him, she would have given it a good swing right about now, instead she turned to the receptionist that’s trying so hard not to pay attention to what’s going on. “Thank you for your time, but it’s a mistake for me to come here,” She threw a quick glanced at Sila. “It would never work out anyway,” Minta turned around and walked out with her head held high but she could feel Sila’s eyes following her every step.

Sila watched as Minta once again walked away from him without so much a glance back. This has become the norm and he’s not liking it. She managed to say a few parting words at him, holding his tongue wasn’t an easy thing to do but he knew once he starts it wasn’t beneficial to any of them, particularly him at the workplace.

He turned around and looked at her resume his eyebrows came together briefly but returned to normal once his thinking was done and over with. He slightly bent down and pulled her resume out of the trash can, folding it into a small piece of paper he shoved it in his suit pocket.

“Consider this never happen.”

The receptionist nodded as she watched her boss walked away and wonder to herself what is the relationship between them. But as much as she felt sorry for the young lady, there was not much she could do to help, sighing away to nothing in specific she returned to her work.

The moment Minta made it past the door she wanted to scream, out of all the places she decided to stop why does it has to be his? If she only knew, she could have saved herself one miserable encounter from a man that has been nothing but bad luck. Minta walked over to her car, leaning against it she thought of where to go next. She looked outward, but the sun was rushing towards her eyes.

“It’s quite hot and half a day is gone,” She mumbled to herself, Minta looked at her watch. “I probably can get to a couple of more places and that’s it.”

She stood there thinking when something came to her causing her to lift her head up and smiled in a way that took one person that’s been watching her from his window by surprise.

Sila has been watching her for almost as long as she has been standing there, with a cup of coffee in hand, sipping it slowly he concentrated on her. He observed the way she stood thinking to herself. He has never met anyone quite like her, where her convictions are as strong as he has ever seen in a person. Once she thinks, what she’s about to do is right, she’ll die trying to fight for it. Her courage is probably bigger than the size of her body. As he attempted to take another sip, her next movement cause him to temporary stopped before the warm liquid touched his lips. Her smile that pretty much light up her entire face came about when he least expected it. How can a person that is struggling to find a job have such an optimistic smile? It was so pure and almost a childlike smile with all its innocent flashed so beautifully. His fingers tightened around the cup, but his eyes never once left her. He continued to watch the way she pulled herself away from the car, he expected her to just get inside and drove off instead she opened the door and threw what she was holding in her hands inside it, in its place was a pair of sneakers.

Sila’s eyes questioned her actions briefly but came back to its normal form when it saw that she quickly changed shoes. He noticed what to be a knowing smile as she hurriedly made her way to wherever those shoes will take her, finishing his coffee Sila knew exactly what he wanted to do with her but succeeding it will take careful planning. But no one has ever said he has no patient in getting what he wants, if it’s something he truly want, he has a lifetime to wait. He set the now empty cup of coffee down and walked over to his desk, taking an image of a girl that has no idea what’s about to happen, a girl with a smile that seemed to contradict her daily struggles and one that Sila vowed to forever have her life changed.

Last edited:

anniem

sarNie Adult
Chapter 3

Sila impatiently looked at his watch. He has never like picking anyone up at the airport but since he had promised Lana a while ago that he would, he kept his words. He might be a lot of things, but one thing had been instilled in him, a man is as good as his words.

He looked around at the people hurrying themselves either to get home or rushing to catch their flight. He noticed a few couples that displayed such affection for a returning loved one, while he wished Lana would stay where she’s at forever. She doesn’t know that he had found out while she was away, but Sila would find out the truth to anything if he wanted to know badly enough.

He watched the crowed once more coming and going from different directions before lifting his eyes and spotted Lana waving her arm up to signaled that she had saw him. And there stood the truth that what they once had pretty much vanished between the miles.

She made her way to him as some onlookers watched her with envy. Lana is a beautiful girl, all the curves in the right places, with long straight hair reaching her waist accompanied by round eyes and almost a heart shape lips, any man would be proud and boastful to have someone like her next to him. But Sila wasn’t that man, beauty without heart was no beauty at all.

“Sila…I missed you.” Lana threw herself at him and hugged him tightly.

Once her voice was a sweet sound in his ears now it’s like nails running across a chalkboard.

“Did you miss me?”

Sila pulled her of off him and gave her not a missing look but one Lana didn’t quite understand. Her smiled subsided and was replaced with confusion. “Why aren’t you happy to see me?” Her voice laced with nervousness and something else she isn’t willing to admit.

“Let’s get your luggage and go home.” Sila didn’t wait for her but walked off to the luggage section leaving her standing there wanting to scream but couldn’t.

She quietly followed him to his car knowing whatever questions or conversation she wanted was going to have to wait for its own time. If he’s acting like she’s no more than a mere individual he knows, she was likely not getting anything from him. Lana slid inside the car watching Sila from the corner of her eyes. This is not exactly what she thought of when she came home. But it’s what given to her by Sila, her boyfriend of almost a year. She nervously looked out the window.

Sila saw her eyes movements but was not in a hurry to break the cold silent. She wanted to play her games then so be it. He wasn’t going to deny her of such a thing.

“Sila, I’m sorry I didn’t make it to your dad’s funeral.” Maybe if she sounded sincere enough for missing out on it, he’ll forgive her if that’s the cause of his attitude.

“No worry.”

And Lana knew that was the nail in the coffin. If one thing she knows of Sila, it’s those short answers. Once he started with them that was a sign he was done with the entire conversation. Feeling like she came to a dead end, Lana remained quiet for the rest of the ride home.

She was starting to feel a little relief when they pulled into her driveway, but when Sila got out the car leaving her sitting there by herself, her mind began to race once more. She watched as he took her luggage out the trunk with more force than necessary.

“Do you want to come in for a bit?” She was hoping he would meet her halfway and say yes but her optimism was short lived.

“No, I have too much work to do.”

Sila left without so much as a good bye much less a hug. She was angry at him for being so heartless to her on her fist day back home. She wanted to know why he is treating her this way, but her heart was fearful to know the answer. She looked at her luggage, with enough anger to go around for a few days, she yanked it and dragged them all the way inside the house.

********************​

“Have a good day at school, I am going to venture out and try to find a job today,” Minta smiled and gave a quick kiss on her brother’s cheek. “Wish me luck,” She reached out to mess with his hair.

Nat playfully brushed her hand away. “Good luck, don’t settle for less.” He rushed out the door.

She wanted to laugh at her brother for being a kid with high expectation, she just wanted something even if it pays slightly less than what she used to make at her old job, at this point she’ll accept it until she finds something better.

“I am leaving Auntie.” Minta yelled out and grabbed her purse and once again look at her watch.

“May luck follow you today.” Milan shouted. “I hope to hear some good news by dinner time.”

“Thank you, I will need it,” Minta puts on her shoes, locking the door she sighed when looking at her car. “I will fix you up, little bug once I save enough money.” Saying a little prayer, she smiled with hope that things are going to turn out just fine but when she tried starting the car it refused to start, grabbing the steering wheel she gently banged her head against it. “Goodness, don’t do this to me, not today.” Once again, she started the car only for it to give her a sound like it’s dying. “Ok, look, I promise I will get you fix, just hang on for a little longer….please.” She sounded so pitiful begging her car to work. But at this point she’s about to do whatever it takes to get it hitting the road.

Minta leaned against the seat, giving herself a few extra minutes to calm nerves down, gathering herself she sat up straight and gave half a smile and tried again. Her heart almost stops but finally with enough persistent her car came to life. “I know it, you would not let me down,” She kissed the steering wheel and started her day by knocking down a trash can on her way out.

Minta’s first place was a recommendation by an old co-worker. It went as good as she had hoped. They said, they would give her call but that line is tricky. It could go both ways. They say it to just be polite and never call or they would in a few days. She will have to hope for the best. It’s the only choice she has. Expecting the worst has been so normal in her life, there’s no cost in expecting the best from now on. Walking slowly to her car she noticed a construction worker on a ladder with another man looking on from below instructing him on how to fix a sign on the building. She could not read the name of the company as a few letters were missing, but what does it matter. It looked like a promising place. Would it hurt to just go in and drop off a resume since she’s already standing in front of it? Minta refusing to believe she can’t find anything decided it’s better to take a chance than to have that chance slip away. She opened the door and right away there sits the receptionist.

Minta handed her resume to the receptionist, as she was standing there waiting for her resume to be looked over she thought of a couple of questions to ask but when she looked up she saw a man walking straight towards them as their eyes slowly met she couldn’t believe it, it can’t be it just can’t be but the closer the figure got to her she knew it was no other than Sila.

The way he walked with a straight back giving out the notion that the world is his and everyone else is just visiting. Each step he took was careful and authoritative, and a vibe that he’s a man that knows what he wants and everybody else be damn. He came to a stop but didn’t look at her initially, almost not believing it’s Minta standing in front of him. He averted his eyes to something above her head but once it came back to her, the deepness of his stare made her feel like she doesn’t belong in the same space he occupied.

“What is it?” He asked his receptionist, but his eyes never left Minta.

“This young lady here is dropping off her resume…” The receptionist opened her mouth to say something else but Sila took the resume from her hand and without so much a sound from him threw it in the trash.

Minta and the receptionist almost gave out the same look, speechless.

“Sir…”

“We don’t have any opening right now.” Sila said it in such a tone that leaves no room for any argument. All the while, he intensely stared at Minta. His mouth may have moved but his eyes were fixated on her.

Minta stood there not able to move partly because she couldn’t believe what she had just witnessed, she stared at him with confused eyes but there’s no mistake anger quickly overshadowed every other emotion, lowering her eyes to the trash can that her resume seemed to bury itself in, she had never met anyone as callous and cruel like the man that’s standing in front of her. Does he know that finding a job to her is basically her livelihood, that her brother depends on it, but looking at him she has no doubt he doesn’t realized the importance of a job that he deemed as nothing. His world is set, anything he wants is at his fingertips while she struggled just to buy a new part for her old car that’s barely running. She pulled herself from the corner of the desk and walked over to the trash can.

She paused as Sila refused to get out of the way, but she was going to retrieve her resume back whether he likes it or not. She looked at him, wondering if he was going to move but there’s no indication he was going to do as such, he stood there like he has all day and looked down at her.

If he wanted to make it hard that’s up to him. Minta nudged her way through causing him to take a small step backward. She didn’t realize just how close she is to him. But being close to Sila is the least of her problem, she could have stepped on him to get to her resume for all she cares, bending down she reached into the trash can when her eyes accidentally locked with the receptionist and she froze. The way the older woman looked at her, it was with such overwhelming sympathy. Like a mother seeing her kid gets hurt and in a lot of pain, but there’s nothing she could do to help.

Minta closed her eyes before opening them, briefly looking at her resume she took a deep breath and righted herself. Standing up straight she brushed past Sila without any acknowledgement, taking a few purposeful steps she stopped in her track, as her hands started to slightly shake from different feelings all tangled up at once. Counting to three silently, she grabbed the strap of her purse to steady them. Minta smiled bitterly and with calmness she walked over to where Sila still standing like a statue. And it made her angrier with each step she took.

This must be the beginning that she was wondering about. He’s determined to ruin her life, not because it’s something that she has done, but because she’s guilty by association. She found those cold eyes that seemed to see through anyone’s soul if they are not careful. But she was never one afraid of what others will do to her, if she’s innocent. He wanted to go battle with her, then she will see to it that she at least won’t go down without a fight.

“Is this your way of getting back at me?”

Sila didn’t answer but got the nerve to look at her like he has no idea what she’s talking about.

“Do you know how important a job is to me?” Minta quickly went on. “You think it’s funny playing with people’s lives because you have the power to do so. I hope that one day, you will never have to feel what it’s like having to desperately search for a job just so you can pay your bills or to pay for your brother’s medications.” Minta fought back the tears that’s threatened to spill over. She would never give Sila the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

She watched Sila’s feet moved forward but stopped when he saw her stepped to the side. “Are we done here?”

Minta swallowed her anger, if she thought her purse was in any way helpful in hurting him, she would have given it a good swing right about now, instead she turned to the receptionist that’s trying so hard not to pay attention to what’s going on. “Thank you for your time, but it’s a mistake for me to come here,” She threw a quick glanced at Sila. “It would never work out anyway,” Minta turned around and walked out with her head held high but she could feel Sila’s eyes following her every step.

Sila watched as Minta once again walked away from him without so much a glance back. This has become the norm and he’s not liking it. She managed to say a few parting words at him, holding his tongue wasn’t an easy thing to do but he knew once he starts it wasn’t beneficial to any of them, particularly him at the workplace.

He turned around and looked at her resume his eyebrows came together briefly but returned to normal once his thinking was done and over with. He slightly bent down and pulled her resume out of the trash can, folding it into a small piece of paper he shoved it in his suit pocket.

“Consider this never happen.”

The receptionist nodded as she watched her boss walked away and wonder to herself what is the relationship between them. But as much as she felt sorry for the young lady, there was not much she could do to help, sighing away to nothing in specific she returned to her work.

The moment Minta made it past the door she wanted to scream, out of all the places she decided to stop why does it has to be his? If she only knew, she could have saved herself one miserable encounter from a man that has been nothing but bad luck. Minta walked over to her car, leaning against it she thought of where to go next. She looked outward, but the sun was rushing towards her eyes.

“It’s quite hot and half a day is gone.” She mumbled to herself, Minta looked at her watch. “I probably can get to a couple of more places and that’s it.”

She stood there thinking when something came to her causing her to lift her head up and smiled in a way that took one person that’s been watching her from his window by surprise.

Sila has been watching her for almost as long as she has been standing there, with a cup of coffee in hand, sipping it slowly he concentrated on her. He observed the way she stood thinking to herself. He has never met anyone quite like her, where her convictions are as strong as he has ever seen in a person. Once she thinks, what she’s about to do is right, she’ll die trying to fight for it. Her courage is probably bigger than the size of her body. As he attempted to take another sip, her next movement cause him to temporary stopped before the warm liquid touched his lips. Her smile that pretty much light up her entire face came about when he least expected it. How can a person that is struggling to find a job have such an optimistic smile? It was so pure and almost a childlike smile with all its innocent flashed so beautifully. His fingers tightened around the cup, but his eyes never once left her. He continued to watch the way she pulled herself away from the car, he expected her to just get inside and drove off instead she opened the door and threw what she was holding in her hands inside it, in its place was a pair of sneakers.

Sila’s eyes questioned her actions briefly but came back to its normal form when it saw that she quickly changed shoes. He noticed what to be a knowing smile as she hurriedly made her way to wherever those shoes will take her, finishing his coffee Sila knew exactly what he wanted to do with her but succeeding it will take careful planning. But no one has ever said he has no patient in getting what he wants, if it’s something he truly want, he has a lifetime to wait. He set the now empty cup of coffee down and walked over to his desk, taking an image of a girl that has no idea what’s about to happen, a girl with a smile that seemed to contradict her daily struggles and one that Sila vowed to forever have her life change.
:cheer: